5410 Page Road
Durham, NC 27703Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mezdurham.com/
- Phone: (919) 941-1630
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Mon-Thur 5:00pm - 9:30pm Dinner: Fri-Sat 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Aaron Stumb
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mez offers catering services to fit your every need. Lunch, dinner or appetizers can be delivered to your office, conference or other meeting site. Please contact us for more information.
- Special Events: Mez currently offers several ongoing specials that should not be missed. Every afternoon between lunch and dinner from 4:00 until 6:00 PM our bar customers can order any individual tacos for $2. Every Saturday night all bottles of wine are 50% off.
- Cross Street: Slater Road
- Public Transit: Mez is located just steps away from the Triangle Transit Authority's bus stop on the corner of Slater Road and Page Road. We are also within walking distance of the Triangle Transit Authority's new Transfer Station slated to come online in the fall of 2008.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Mez, as a LEED designed restaurant, offers three designated parking spaces for our guests who driving a hybrid vehicle.
A word from Mez
MEZ is a contemporary Mexican restaurant conveniently located in the heart of the Triangle, just minutes from Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Durham and Cary on Page Road off I-40 (Exit 282). MEZ is the newest venture from the Chapel Hill Restaurant Group, the owners of 518 West, 411 West, Squid’s, and Spanky’s, all award-winning local restaurants. We feature traditional Mexican recipes with a modern, healthy twist, and use locally grown organic products whenever possible. MEZ also offers a beautiful private room that can accommodate 20 to 100 people for business lunches or dinners, rehearsal dinners, corporate training or any other occasion. Our private dining/meeting room offers a full array of audio-video equipment for your use. MEZ is North Carolina's first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) designed restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mez reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (55)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (27)great for outdoor dining (25)hot spot (25)special occasion (17)vibrant bar scene (13)romantic (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing!hesaidshesaidVIPDined on 11/22/2014From start to finish, everything was amazing! Highly recommend! Be sure to start out with the house made chips, salsa and guac and save room for some churros!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Delicious Every Time!lunchproVIPDined on 11/17/2014I have never had anything but a delicious meal at Mez. Consistently satisfying. I wish it was closer to my house, but it's worth the extra drive. The empenadas are a don't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1gourmetcookDined on 11/13/2014We took our guests because we knew they liked Mexican food. We all enjoyed our meals although I knew that Mez is always too noisy we were fortunate to have a table in the back of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhillyPhoodieDined on 11/10/2014Great guac, fantastic fish tacos, and strong margaritas. Fun place to go to dinner after a long day of work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceLookin4GrubDined on 11/7/2014Came with a group of people. It was busy but there was no decline in service. Great food especially drinks and desserts. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent good food and serviceJaneDined on 11/7/2014As always, happily greeted when we arrived. REALLY a good food and service. Outdoor dining is spacious------just wish there was more foliage to block out the busy street noise.Special Features:
- MEZ is a+zap1kDined on 11/1/2014Mez lives up to its reputation. Very good contemporary Mexican inspired food. Outstanding service and attention to customersSpecial Features:
- Fine TimesteakDined on 10/31/2014A very fine dinner with presentation unlike most Tex-Mex restaurants. The menu choices were excellent and our selections couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- Great Mexican food!chiz66Dined on 10/28/2014Highly recommend Mez. Great Mexican food in in fun, lively atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningChowhappyDined on 10/25/2014Booked the table through your site. I added a note asking for a specific area for the table because it was for our anniversary. They had a banquet that evening and the space I was hoping for was used by it. So they picked a nice table for us and brought us champaign instead. It was fantastic. Keith, was our server and he was friendly and fantastic. It is one of my favorite places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night, as alwayssivadnycerkaDined on 10/24/2014Went to MEZ with a couple friends to celebrate one of their birthdays. As expected, the service was courteous and quick and the food came out very fast. Two people even commented on how fast the food delivery was. MEZ continues to be one of my favorite spots to go eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!nikmoDined on 10/11/2014We love Mez - consistently delicious, attentive but not intrusive service, and a great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as AlwaysPharmaMDVIPDined on 10/10/2014Best Latin Food restaurant I have encountered to date, and their food and service remains excellent - no degeneration whatsoever.Special Features:
- Good FoodMickDined on 10/3/2014The food was excellent, though the queso was served cold. There was a rather large party next to us so there was trouble hearing our own conversation over the din. The initial service was good, but they may have been overwhelmed with the large party and became slow. I will return for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great offeringsbeer4loversDined on 9/26/2014The drink list was nice. Jalapeno blood orange margarita was refreshing. For dinner we had the tamal and chicken tinga quesadilla. The tamal was good but the quesadilla was phenomenal. Green rice was great. Also the guacamole is a must have. Melvin provided us with great service. The only regret is we didn't have room for desert.Special Features:
- Check your tabPurplepreacherDined on 9/26/2014I ordered the special soup of the day. The menu said it was $9. The bill said $11. When I pointed it out to my server he pushed back, but was holding a menu so I showed it to him. He looked at me like I had done something wrong and said he would have to talk to he manager. It took WAY too long for him to talk to the manager and get my bill adjusted. No excuse for this kind of customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeelamDined on 9/22/2014Good spot for drinks and delicious food. Always a hit with every client and anyone I dine with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to have an anniversary!thmsjtstDined on 9/20/2014I placed a reservation online through OpenTable for Mez and loved it! My wife and I were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary. My wife told me a few weeks earlier that we haven't been to the Mez in quite a long time, so when I got to work I placed the reservation asking for a special evening with my wife. Upon our arrival the hostess, our waiter and the manager on-duty were all so attentive and our food was excellent! I've tried to take my wife to some different locations on our anniversary and this experience will continue to be one of our tops. We will be returning in the future! Thank you Mez and thank you OpenTable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 9/17/2014good food at decent price, always an option when I want to keep it simple, yet decent, not high end, but just right for a weekday dinner with friends or for business; ask for a more quiet area, in case you need to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale MexicanBillyrtpDined on 9/17/2014Can you use those two words together? Ha. This was a nice dining experience, impressed my customer and the weather was nice so we could sit outside. Do try the fresh lemon- limeade. Good stuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allenVIPDined on 9/15/2014Too noisy to enjoy a good long dinner with your spouse, but good fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch spot in RTPblugilDined on 9/11/2014Went to lunch with a coworker. The food, service, and atmosphere is great. Using online reservation, open table.com made seating quick and easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favstruthnameDined on 9/8/2014I always enjoy Mez. Great food and service in a lovely surrounding.Special Features:
- Always goodJGormanDined on 9/5/2014Been here a few times and it never disappoints. I got the shrimp fajitas and they were great. The grilled avocados were great too, different and unique, but similar tasting to guac.Special Features:
- Great food, Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014My recent visit to Mez was lovely. The service was excellent. The food was great. It was really noisy I must admit. At times I could not hear the person sitting across from me. We were seated near the bar, maybe there were quieter parts of the restaurant? I highly recommend making a reservation as the place was packed. Also arrive early, the parking situation was less than desirable. I had to park out on one of the side streets. However, all well worth it!Special Features:
- Great food, great service --alwzsmilnDined on 8/26/2014Food was good. Didn't like that they don't give you chips and salsa. Make a reservation for lunch!Special Features:
- Great choice, but somewhat spicytapnickDined on 8/25/2014I love Mez and eat there often. Recently I took out of town company there. Everything was wonderful, except that some of the items seemed much spicier than usual. I think it would be great with spicier dishes for the wait staff to let customers know.Special Features:
- Always consistentDickDined on 8/23/2014Consistently good and a nice varietal of Mexican FoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mez is Fusion MexicanKateLovesMezDined on 8/18/2014Trying to describe the food at Mez is always a challenge to me. It is always excellent, but it is not your typical Mexican Restaurant so I decided that it was probably "fusion" Mexican. The upscale atmosphere with reasonable prices and the unique approach to Mexican cuisine is always good.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceAutumngalDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I enjoyed a great meal with old friends. The fish tacos were incredible. Service was great. The only downside was that it was a rainy humid night and its was really hot and stuffy inside the restaurant with alot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop seating children in bar area!ReviewerDined on 8/9/2014Love this restaurant, but if they don't stop seating children at tables in the bar area we're not going back. Kids don't belong at bar tables - stop putting them there. Hate spending money to go be around kids.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mez has gone down hillDisappointed92Dined on 8/2/2014It has really gone down hill. Service very slow and waiter messed up orders. It was a rather slow Saturday night 6pm). Party of six adults and all thought their food was average at best. Really disappointed! Would not waste our money their again. Much better Mexican restaurants around in Triangle.
- Great time by all of us.phaedrazoeDined on 8/1/2014Celebrated our 45th anniversary and they brought champaign as a treat. WOW lllllll Been at Mez many times and will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great & reasonably pricedsgbrooksDined on 7/31/2014Food was very fresh & Excellent service, too. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to train serverschixVIPDined on 7/31/2014I LOVE the food; however, our server had other ideas. 1. We ordered an appetizer for the table - but the entrees came out immediately such we could not enjoy the guacamole. 2. She immediately brought out the check even before all our entrees were finished. When i asked about desserts, she responded "you didn't order desserts and i thought you had ENOUGH FOOD with the entrees. " I said, "You could have asked if we wanted dessert." She said, "you didn't ask." 3. When we asked to split the check for the two couples; she not NOT split the appetizer,but at that point it was laughable. 4. Thank goodness these are good friends but if I were entertaining, I would have been horrified.
- Great food and serviceDragonflyDined on 7/30/2014The four of us studied the menu BEFORE we came and still had a hard time deciding on which of the many tempting dishes to have. Each of the ultimate choices not only looked delicious but was delicious. Gourmet, contemporary and unmistakeably Mexican. Our server was attentive and professional. We dined on a Wednesday evening, around 6:30, and it was definitely a "hot spot" for a young, after work crowd with some tables for eight nearby. That being said, the noise level is indeed energetic and the design of the space contributes to that acoustic. At one table across the room the arrival of food finally tempered the high pitched laughter of one of the diners and that was a relief. We had an excellent evening of excellent food.Special Features:
- MenuwalesydalesyDined on 7/30/2014The restaurant has a very good menu and things change often to offer variety. The NC catfish dishes are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1085 reviews are from the Mez reviews archive.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Food is amazing, service is excellent and great prices. I work in RTP and this is my go to place for a quick and tasty lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/27/2014shrimp dish was excellent! there was a carmel cheesecake that was heavenly!
- Great food, atmosphere and service!ChapelHillresidentDined on 7/24/2014Dinner with friends was most enjoyable. Our server recommended great dishes, and the margaritas were spot on. Service was really good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.