210 E.Trade Stree E-290
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mezcharlotte.com/
- Phone: 7049712400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 4:00PM to 10:00PM. Fri/Sat 4:00PM to 11:00PM Late Night Menu Available after 10:00PM in the Lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Anoosh Shariat
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whether you're hosting a dinner party for 10 or a business reception for 50, you and your guests are sure to have a memorable experience using Mez restaurant catering. We can custom craft any type of menu and food selection to fit your needs, no matter what the event is. Please contact our Director of Catering for more information. 704-971-2401 or email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: ~Private and Semi-Private Dining Spaces Available~ Five luxury Theaters with stadium seating perfect for any size meetings, seminars and team building.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Young 7049712402
- Entertainment: For entertainment schedule please visit us at www.mezcharlotte.com or add us on Facebook
A word from meZ-Charlotte
Mez serves Global and American cuisine with a Mediterranean twist, and its convenient location within the Epicentre invites guests to eat, stay and play. Chef Anoosh Shariat has been featured in USA Today, Food and Wine, the New York Daily News and Southern Living, and his diverse cooking experience in locales like Germany, Switzerland and the American Southwest inspires him to bring a world of flavor to the table. For a truly unique dining experience, check out the adjacent Epicentre Theaters, where you can enjoy cuisine from Mez while watching the latest feature films.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
meZ-Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
- The waiter was really cool.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2013The waiter was really cool. They are about to close and it was on the night of the ice storm so there weren't many people there. The food was ok, but I am a food snob. The hostess strangely seated us and said it was their last nIght open and they would be open again under a different business and then walked away. The awesome waiter finished it up but offering half price bottles of wine. Interesting night but the waiter was the highlight
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013Caught dinner and a movie with my wife and left kids at home with their grandma! Great for date night! Salmon was spot on.Special Features:
- Will Miss Mez!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2013I will definitely miss this place, but it was a great way to spend my last days with them. I have gone before for the movie theater, and club scene, but never ate their food. I had the 3 courses for Charlotte Restaurant Week and the menu had some great selections. I was catered to by Christopher who was quite the gentleman who recommend a great drink for me The Hidden Hibiscus. Too bad the amount wasn't enough even for 2 refills, but thank goodness for the free full glass of water. I had the pan seared crab cakes which was excellent with the whipped lemon cream. The main course, The Bouillabaisse, even the mussels and the scallops was very filling and I would try the dish again along with the Bread Pudding for dessert. Mez will be missed!!Special Features:
- What!KCeatworldDined on 1/22/2013Wow want a difference a few years makes,went to MEZ back in 2011 with a bunch of girlfriends. We had a nice time, good drinks and took in an movie while finishing dessert. So when Restaurant week/2013 came around and heard on the news about MEZ is closing, I jumped at the opportunity to show off this amazing place. What stated out as a romantic dinner, turned into "Baby, can we go home now." Food was iffy, I had the salmon, boyfriend had the steak. Both dishes left much to be desired. MEZ has seemed to have lost all of it luster, and sparkle. Very sad to seeSpecial Features:
- Farewell, Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2013MeZ was the first night scene I experienced when I moved to Charlotte 4 yrs ago. I loved the food and atmosphere. I always bring my out-of-town guests for lunch or dinner. I will miss MeZ, sorry to see you leave.Special Features:
- Found out the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Found out the restaurant was closing soon. From the time we arrived to getting our first drink was 1 hour. Food offered was not available ....substitutions were made,without letting us know and when we finally received dessert silverware it was,plastic,because,they had run out. A horrible experience.
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013The food was good, but the service could have been better. We were seated for almost 15 minutes, then finally had to ask the bus boy whoour waiter was. That was completely unacceptable.Special Features:
- Our service was terrible -OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/19/2013Our service was terrible - extremely slow with no acknowledgement or apology. The waiter did not notice special requests, ie dressing on side of salad and they had to be sent back.
- Avoid this one.RicksReviewsVIPDined on 1/19/2013Fairly disappointing. Food was poorly prepared, service was unattentive.
- Went there for the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2013Went there for the first time during Charlotte restaurant week. Was very impressed by the food, service, and ambiance. I will definitely go back. And definitely stay late next time for the night clubSpecial Features:
- awesome timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013great place to celebrate a birthday for an adult friend...very nice time with my ladies!!Special Features:
- We were a party of 6 withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013We were a party of 6 with reservations at 9pm. We arrived at 9 after a movie and were seated quickly, restaurant was 1/2 full.. 4 salads delivered 10 minutes apart, no salt and pepper and no fresh ground pepper until 2nd salads arrived. No bread was available because they had run out and were waiting on more to defrost..exact comment by waiter. Penne ala vodka was flavorless and lamb was poorly trimmed and overlooked. Risotto as a side for 3 dishes was crunchy but finally something that was seasoned well! Sea bass and shrimp linguine were actually the best things on the table. Highlight of the meal was crime brûlée that was perfect! This was the second and probably last trip to Mez...very poor value for the quality of food
- Parking deck a little difficultPhillyDined on 12/29/2012Parking deck a little difficult to park and then locate restaurant, but restaurant was great!Special Features:
- Christmas DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/25/2012My wife and I enjoyed Christmas dinner in meZ and had a wonderful meal. The food was well prepared and the portions were gracious. The staff did an excellent job and I look forward to coming back again for a regular dinner.Special Features:
- Good NightlifeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012Mez is a great place for hanging out with friends. We dined in the restaurant. What I didn't like was that the bar menu was not served in the restaurant. I don't necessary agree but overall the place is nice. The bar and music is a mix of techno and pop. We had a good time.Special Features:
- Nice food, but somewhat limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2012Nice food, but somewhat limited selection - the pork chop was great and the salmon was above average. Fun for a dinner before a movie in epicenter theater, but I probably wouldn't go through the parking hassle and what not just for Mez alone. That being said, I think the restaurant/theater/lounge is a pretty cool concept and a lot of fun when done as a full night out.Special Features:
- A great date night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012We had an excellent meal at Mez on Saturday night. My wife and I both went with the local fresh special which was the grilled mahi mahi. The fish was cooked perfectly as were the vegetable sides. The waiter let us know they get a whole mahi from the NC coast flown in and do all the cuts themselves. We substituted scallops for the shrimp which was a great choice. The portions were just the right size and we cleaned our plates. We were having a special night out so we had all courses and wine so it was a bit spendy but the food and service were excellent. The waiter was very personable, knowledgeable and flexible. The bar area was quite crowded but the dining area was quiet so we had the best of both worlds.Special Features:
- The waitress was not doingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012The waitress was not doing a good job.the salad dressing was watered.down..we had to ask for more drinks and assistance
- Great AtmospherelafletchDined on 11/17/2012Had a great time and enjoyed the food as always. Watching a movie afterwards with my favorite cocktail never hurts either.Special Features:
- BlandOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2012Normally I've enjoyed MeZ, but they've changed the menu quite a bit. If there is a new chef, he obviously doesn't smoke & may have possibly worked in a retirement home. I say this because the menu options seemed very Greek (not a bad thing), but everything was very bland & unseasoned. I rarely salt my food & my husband never does & we both were asking for the salt & pepper (as was the table next to us because we asked for their salt!) Service was good, but I doubt we'll be back again for awhile (at least until the menu is updated again)
- Food Mediocre at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012We went to Mez for dinner before seeing a movie at the Epicenter. The atmosphere is fine, and the service was actually pretty good, but the food was not. Everything looked great, but it was mostly flavorless. The only positive review from our group of 6 was that the pizza crust was good. We will never eat here again.Special Features:
- I've been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/9/2012I've been to this restaurant several times now and have had the same experience each time. The service is good (attentive) but the food is not. The food lacks flavor and creativity. We sent our appetizer back twice and our entrees weren't any better. I decided against returning my entree as the options to "fix" the meal weren't optimal. I couldn't in good faith offer this restaurant as a recommendation. The meals are poorly prepared. The couple at the table next to us also complained about their food. The atmosphere in the restaurant is wonderful. I just wished the food followed suit. The waiter offered a dessert in good measure as a way to apologize for our dining experience but even the dessert was bad.
- The grilled salmon and beetItalianFoodie1VIPDined on 11/9/2012The grilled salmon and beet risotto was delicious. Nice quiet place to go for business lunches during the work week.Special Features:
- Unique Experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/4/2012The food was good, but a bit overpriced for what was served. Server took my date's food and disposed of with out asking if she wanted it boxed up to go, she did. 18% gratuity was added for a party of two. Parking validation was not offered. Ambiance was great for a romantic night out.Special Features:
- Everything was great. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Everything was great. Food was very tasty but the menu was limited. Adding a few more options would make it perfect!
- I've dine at mex a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012I've dine at mex a few times and each time we are always so happy with the ambiance and service there. Grat music filters in to the dinning area from the open lounge. The room design and set up is great for a romantic dinner or even for a group of friends. The food is to die for and after you can chill and have an drink in the lough and the outside balcony. We keepcoming back because the Mez is the place place to be!Special Features:
- DNC week, only people in diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/4/2012DNC week, only people in dining room. Food was not as good as price.
- The food was just terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2012The food was just terrible. I don't know if I ordered a dud dish or if it was prepared incorrectly, but it was flavorless. Great service.
- It was a nice experience justGreedyDined on 8/25/2012It was a nice experience just not exactly what I expected.Special Features:
- Took my wife, very knowledgeablelovegoodfoodDined on 8/25/2012Took my wife, very knowledgeable waiter, wife's pizza was ok, her wine (suggested by waiter) was perfect. I had the special: salmon on beet risotto (sp?); best meal I've had for quite awhile. VERY NICE TIME UPTOWN CHARLOTTE.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding. I thinkJohnVIPDined on 7/29/2012Food was outstanding. I think our waiter was new and made several mistakes (forgot about an ordered cocktail, forgot bread, etc). Otherwise, a great place for casual to business dining.Special Features:
- Great food, server with an attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012I really enjoyed the food at Mez. As a diner from out of town, I did find it a little difficult to navigate and to find the actual entrance to the restaurant. Still, the food and atmosphere was great. While looking at the website, I was given the impression that it was upscale and that there was a strict dress code but we were overdressed in comparison to others around us. There did not seem to be an issue with what anyone wore. Additionally, and most importantly, our experience was not what it could have been because our server was unfriendly and did not give us the attention a diner paying for a wonderful meal and experience, deserves. I will recommend Mez and hope that our server finds a better attitude or other employment.Special Features:
- Service was horrible. My tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Service was horrible. My table was the only one in the whole restaurant, and we still had to wait forever for the waiter and for our food. My wine was never brought out. Food was okay, way over priced.Special Features:
- Expected BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012I expected better service from a top restaurant. The waiter was not knowledgable on several questions we had. The food was OK, but again, expected much better.Special Features:
- Food was just okay--Now,ifOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012Food was just okay--Now,if you are a drinker--I am sure the experience would have been different--but it was an experience and that is what "restaurant week" is all about.Special Features:
- Great Date Night LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012A great date night destination! The Skirt Steak was amazing. Can't wait to go back and see a movie in their movie theatre.Special Features:
- Excellent food and chic atmosphereSeismicVIPDined on 7/10/2012Everytime we return to meZ I am reminded how much I enjoy having dinner there. It's location is "in the middle of it all," and it has a very chic vibe. Most importantly, the food is quite good. On the Tuesday night that we had dinner there, all cocktails were half priced. I had to try 2, the Lotus Blossom and the French Pear--they were very good particularly for those who enjoy sweet drinks (I happen to be one of those). The wedge salad was good particularly since it was not drenched in dressing. The grilled skirt steak was outstanding--melt in your mouth tender and so flavorful. I would have thought it was a more extravagant cut of meat given how good it was. The chocolate cake was one of the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Service was polite but aloof.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012Service was polite but aloof. Drinks arrived almost as an afterthought and after our meals were served and from there it all felt very rushed. A night out to dinner should be an event, ours felt more like a trip to a drive thru window. The food was average but lacked seasoning and imagination.
- This restaurant is overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/16/2012This restaurant is overpriced and the food was not very good. It has a great atmosphere, but it seems to be more of a night club than restaurant. Caesar Salad was loaded with dressing so that you couldn't even taste the lettuce. Crab cakes tasted like they came out of the microwave. Flat bread pizza was just a normal pizza, nothing special or flat about it. Very disappointing and way too expensive. $10 cocktail had about 4 sips in it. So many other choices uptown, so skip this one.
- I went for lunch on a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2012I went for lunch on a Monday with two other friends. It was surprisingly empty. The waiter was good and attentive but the service seemed slow considering there was no one else in the restaurant. We had the prime rib sandwich and open faced focaccia. Both were delicious and well prepared. Overall, I would return for lunch but hope for faster service next time.