Mexico Cantina Y Cocina
600 Pine Street 4th Floor
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Mexico Cantina Y Cocina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatmexico.com/
- Phone: 2064053400x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joshua Redfern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a corporate catering menu, as well as banquet style service
- Private Party Facilities: A beautiful, separate room overlooking Pine Street and downtown Seattle. Seating for up to 35 comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Jesika 2064053400x
A word from Mexico Cantina Y Cocina
Nestled on the top floor of Pacific Place, overlooking busy Pine Street in downtown Seattle- Mexico Cantina offers a distinctive ambiance as well as distinctive flavors. Come in and try one of our many delicious margaritas in our bar, or join us in the dining room for an authentic Mexican meal, or our many fusion choices as well. We use the best ingredients from the best vendors that the Pacific Northwest has to offer, including local seafood. Chef Joshua Redfern offers a weekly specials menu that combine the best seasonal items as well as some favorites. During the summer, we have a beautiful patio overlooking downtown which is a perfect place to enjoy the sunshine. Happy Hour is offered in the bar, Monday-Friday from 3-6pm as well. We also offer a private banquet room for up to 35 guests. Come on in, we have a table waiting for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mexico Cantina Y Cocina reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- Hmmm, not reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Food was average, they were out of a certain guacamole I wanted, portions were on the small size, and there was no door for the toilet in the men's room (a la Shawshank Redemption). So yeah, overall? not the best experience I have had for 130.00 meal.Special Features:
- They have outdoor seating!ssutherlDined on 8/1/2014I love going to Mexico--their chips are perfect (just the right touch of salt & lime) and their chile relleno never disappoints. My co-workers and I discovered they have a few outdoor tables so we checked it out last week. Food was awesome, as usual, and it was really nice to sit outside on a summer afternoon and have a delicious lunch.Special Features:
- Dirty tables and rude hostessMichaelVIPDined on 7/31/2014The place was very dirty and our table was sticky. I even brought the hostess and told her that they shouldn't sit anyone on that table until it gets completely cleaned but noticed that right after she changed our table, she sat another couple without even instructing anyone to clean the table again. I would not go back there again...
- Weak ServicesonnyVIPDined on 6/24/2014We are fairly regular diners at Mexico, and love the food. Unfortunately, at our last couple of visits, the service has been weak...slow to take orders, slower to get our drinks and food, and little follow up for additional salsa, chips, water, etc.Special Features:
- Tasty vittles in a great locationRainkittyDined on 6/20/2014Located up top in Pacific Place this restaurant has great Mexican food. I had chicken tacos and the chicken was very tasty. Not dry at all. The chips that come with the chips and salsa have lime juice on them, not a lot, but they really add to the flavor. This is how I ate tortilla chips back in Texas. Squeeze some lime juice on them bad boys. The salsa has a hint of heat. On my next trip I will try carne asada which looked tasty on my friend's plate. Please note that their burritos are huge! Small appetites might be overwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired MenuzackmoVIPDined on 6/7/2014The menu is tired, the restrooms were filthy...it is difficult to understand how a once great destination has lost its way.
- Food was AwesomejobrienDined on 5/30/2014Food was amazing and arrived very quickly. Service was personable and prompt, could improve on the details, ie. Serving spoons with dishes. All in all a terrific experience.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodColbyVVIPDined on 5/23/2014Mexico is one of our downtown favorites. The food is great for the money (especially eating downtown). The staff are always friendly and do their best to accommodate food allergies. Can't go wrong with Mexico!Special Features:
- The following 13 reviews are from the Mexico Cantina Y Cocina reviews archive.
- LunchSSSSVIPDined on 5/16/2014I've figured out what to do here since lunch service is so slow. I ask for the check when I place my order. Food is consistently good and service is spotty...really depends on whose section you are in. Larger parties get all of the attention here. Even though I made an early reservation and the restaurant had virtually no one in it I was still seated in a very poor spot. What is the new hostess thinking? The spot I was in should be for walk-in customers not people with reservations.
- DeliciosobigredDined on 4/25/2014This restaurant is a great option for delicious Mexican food when you are downtown. I made a reservation for dinner before attending a musical at the 5th Ave Theater - parking is affordable and it is a short walk to the theater. The restaurant is energetic and vibrant and the food never disappoints me. They take traditional Mexican food and make it a bit more upscale and flavorful, it's fresh and yummy.Special Features:
- More Americanized Mexican FoodGonzoVIPDined on 4/5/2014Nothing that special about this place other than being conveniently located in Pacific Place. For way cheaper I can run up to capitol hill and get really GREAT mexican food.
- Good quality food & fun atmosphereStrazzEatsDined on 3/1/2014I reserved a large table for my wife's birthday party before heading to a show at the Paramount. The food and drinks were really delicious and all the ingredients were homemade. My only complaint was that it took 10 minutes for our waiter to come by and we didn't get our drinks until after we had been there 20 minutes, our food didn't arrive until 60 minutes after we arrived so we had to rush out to get to our show on time. I'm sure the waiter was busy, it was a Saturday night, but I told him right at the beginning when we had to leave for our show. He was very friendly though, maybe they were understaffed that night. Overall I would definitely eat here again and recommend it to others, just be sure to book more than 2 hours before a show.Special Features:
- Special Service for Special NeedsMarjoDined on 2/28/2014Our group of ten enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Mexico Cantina. Our table was ready a bit early, the food was delicious, the drinks were cold, and the service was terrific. What made our night truly special though was the service for two of our guests, one fully blind and one with cerebral palsy. The table was oriented for easy access, plenty of cheerful space was provided for the guide dog, and the service was especially attentive to each of us who needed it. Thank you, Mexico Cantina!Special Features:
- A little disappointingCarrie328Dined on 2/25/2014I love Mexican food and was looking forward to this dinner, but have to say my tamale was drowned in such strong mole sauce, I couldn't taste anything else. The waiter described to each person after s/he ordered what their entree was like, which felt patronizing--if we'd asked about the entrees, that would have been fine, but we hadn't--the descriptions on the menu were sufficient.Otherwise the waiter was very attentive and helpful.
- It was "good"rrubiconnDined on 2/15/2014We were seated very promptly, excellent service, pretty good food... I say that because the steak was great but the side dishes (beans/rice) were barely warm and were not particularly impressive. We'd go again but don't set your expectations too high.Special Features:
- It gets better every timeDoZA69VIPDined on 2/13/2014The Bar Team (Drew and Nicole) are awesome! Very prompt and always make us feel welcomed. It is nice to go eat at place where the staff knows you by name and what you like to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - but lunches run long.SSSSVIPDined on 1/22/2014The food is very good...I have many dietary restrictions and they accommodate me here...although communication is sometimes an issue. I eventually get what I ordered...no harm, no foul. I have never been here and gotten out in under an hour and 15 minutes, so if you have a tight lunch schedule you may have a problem. Waitstaff is friendly. This restaurant really gets packed quickly, so go for an early reservation like 11:30 or you could be in for an even longer lunch than an hour and 15 minutes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is always awesome!DoZA69VIPDined on 1/21/2014Nicole was on top of everything and really helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!!!DoZA69VIPDined on 12/27/2013The bar team: Drew and Nicole were awesome! Everything was prompt and perfect.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013Terrific location, friendly and prompt service, and consistently delicious food all combine to make Mexico Cantina Y Cochina one of my go-to restaurants in Seattle. Their tamarind margharita is refreshing, as are their mojitos. Their chicken tomatillo is by far my favourite, but I've ordered a wide variety from their expansive menu and never been disappointed. Their food really is consistently delicious. Their waitstaff are very friendly, always serving you with a ready (and sincere) smile. One really can't go wrong with the Cantina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fast, solid optionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2013NOthing amazing about the place, but service was friendly and responsive, and the food was flavorful - not just a mishmash of Mexican-inspired goop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.