Mexican Festival Restaurant
New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mexican Festival Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mexicanfestivalrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6469129334x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 10:00am - 1:00am
Sunday: 10:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: Seafood, Burgers, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mexican Festival Restaurant
Authentic Mexican Food in the Upper West Side.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mexican Festival Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Lots of funJGNYCVIPDined on 9/26/2014Mexican Festival is a fun spot with a mariachi band that play all the favorites. The food is good too...more traditional Mexican than TexMex. In all the excitement, the service can be a little spotty. But overall this is a great place for a fun night out, not too expensive and very friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- horribleraulDined on 7/31/2014my family saw this mexican restaurant in the television so we decided go there 1 hour 1/2 of driving we saw the reviews that they have they were horrible but we decided to give it a shot we got there was no body in the from to sit us we went in and I ask one the busboys to sit us everything was going good until the food came it has no taste no flavor i didnt eat at all my mom dish she got pork all the meat was grease.there is better Mexicans restaurants in ny than this one I don't recommended unlisted you don't want to eat.
- kathyVIPDined on 7/12/2014great food - the guacomole is delicious an dthe service was great.Special Features:
- mexicanfoodDined on 7/3/2014Portion size was small. The guacamole was not made in front of us, rather the back. Ask for a cocunut mojito and it was more like lime mojito. Food had a blend taste. The menu is very limited, was expecting more varieties rather than 10 choices. Would consider chipotle rather than this place. Very disappointed.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Mexican Festival Restaurant reviews archive.
- The guacamole is good...wacky24VIPDined on 5/24/2014The guacamole was very good but that's about it, the tacos had no sauce on them making them taste very dry (and this is coming from someone who loves her meat dry). Also, the prix fix is not as good as one might think, its $45 for 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert, margarita + sangria...when I asked the waiter at the start of our meal if that included UNLIMITED margaritas or sangria he assured me that was the case...until our bill came and that was certainly not the case, be warned. Overall, decent but not worth it.
- Horrible experienceminnymanDined on 5/11/2014I should have listened to my own advice -- the more mariachis, the worse the food. In this case, the axiom proved correct. Horrible service -- waited twenty minutes for a menu and another 20 for a beer. It took over an hour to receive our dinner. By the time it arrived, I just wanted to leave. Still we stayed and the food was mediocre and unmemorable at best. There are many other better Mexican restaurants to visit than this sorry excuse of one.
- Awful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/20140 stars. Awful dining experience. We were not acknowledged to place an order for 45 min after being seated. Had to harass any employee for water and drinks after not receiving anything for another 45 minutes. Did not receive good for another HOUR AND A HALF after that. Waiter was rude and not one was apologetic or even cared. Worst dining experience of my life.
- The food was very bland, theOliveVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food was very bland, the service was slow and the band was very loud and untalented.
- WORST SERVICE EVER - NO REALLYEATOUTLOTSVIPDined on 3/8/2014I have lived in NYC my entire life (40+ years) and have never experienced such bad service in my life. The only one in the restaurant who seems to know what he's doing is the man responsible for the water and chips. Everyone else is absolutely clueless. It takes at least 2 waitresses to take your order and then you wait, and wait and then they get it wrong....It truly is a nightmare. Stay aware from this place if you're expecting entry level service - this place delivers none of it.Special Features:
- Good Food; Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2014While I enjoyed my Oaxaca cheese appetizer and chile rellenos entree, the food was overshadowed by the worst service I've encountered in recent memory. It took my two friends and me well over three hours to complete our meal. While we had three courses, we were not served our entrees until at least an hour and a half after sitting down. No amount of polite and increasingly desperate inquiries about when we could expect our food seemed to have any effect. The servers seemed completely unconcerned over neglecting us, in contrast to the hostess, who was apologetic but unable to get our food to us.
- Festival Of HorriblefooddudenycDined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend there for Valentines Day! The food was great! The service was below sub standard. When we got there, the restaurant was not at capacity but it was busy. It took us a 1/2 hour to get service. The waiter was horrible! We ordered drinks. The drinks never came. Then he asked if we wanted fresh guacamole, we said yes. Then he took our dinner order. We did not get chips until we had to ask for them, the tables surrounding ours were on their second basket of chips by the time we received our first basket. We asked the waiter about our drinks and he said they were coming. The drinks never came, the guacamole never came but our entrees came after a long wait. We asked the waiter again for our drinks, we finally got them. Bad!Special Features:
- Very attentiveJohnDined on 12/28/2013This wasn't our first visit to the restaurant. The staff is always very attentive and the food is always above reproach. There was a mariachi the evening we went, which just added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/8/2013My husband and I went to Mexican Festival on a Sunday night. He had the chimichangas and I had the quesidallas. My dish was delicious and my husband's was good. We like our chimichangas a little more crispy so maybe ask for them to crisp them up a little bit next time. There was a gentleman who was walking around the restaurant playing a guitar. He was wonderful. Not obtrusive at all. It was a great touch to our meal. The service was great. I feel like we had several servers. I don't think I saw the same person twice at our table. I would be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.