J.E. Irausquin Blvd #85
Palm Beach, Aruba 99553Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aruba.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 523-4243
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday; 6:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Vincent Pellegrini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only)
- Private Party Contact: Florence Stadwijk 2975234500
A word from Mexicado
Mexicado is an intimate, friendly dining environment featuring a selection of regional dishes showcasing Mexico’s most inspiring flavors. The truly authentic restaurant offers an array of elevated market food items, an extensive tequila selection and a list of handcrafted tequila cocktails. Outdoor lounge, tequila bar and restaurant seating is available. Open for dinner daily except Mondays. 6pm-10:30pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mexicado - Best Restaurants in Aruba ›
Mexicado reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- MudflatsDined on 10/31/2014Nice setting, food is good,not great. Go Friday get free margarita
- Great ExperienceKiracapDined on 9/2/2014Great service, delicious food, fantastic service and vast selection of tequilas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go here for Mexican in ArubaMarcoDined on 8/9/2014In Aruba, there are plenty of great restaurants. Mexicado is not one of them. They did not inform us that they put tequila in their sangria, and it tasted gross. The food was cold, and wasn't seasoned very well. Everything was very overpriced. We didn't feel like paying high end prices for Chili's style food. Avoid if you can!
- MediocreexecfwVIPDined on 8/6/2014Tableside guacamole was a very small portion, and very bland. Chips were stale. Salsa tasted like store bought; not fresh. Shrimp enchiladas were very good--entrees only acceptable part of meal. Service VERY slow.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Mexicado reviews archive.
- Enjoyable MealCribDined on 7/16/2014Great tasting margaritas. Fajitas were tasty and more than enough for one. Table side guacamole is a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the foodMJfromJerseyDined on 5/28/2014We had the Pork al Pastore which was very good. The service was ok but nothing special. This place could use more attention. It is so much better than the restaurants across the street. Really nice ambiance. Located in the beautiful and impressive Hyatt Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/21/2014The food is authentic Mexican. Great ambiance without being stuffy. Wonderful attentive service. Prices somewhat steep. About $40 per.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hyatt RestaurantMargoVIPDined on 5/4/2014Nice ambience and the food was OK. Guacamole was good although chips a bit bland. Overall it was not as good as other high end Mexican restaurants.Special Features:
- Sweet 16 Vacation DinnerJanineFDined on 4/25/2014Glad I didn't heed bad reviews otherwise we would have missed a great dinner. The girls had the chicken enchiladas and I had the grouper. The grouper was sweet and cooked to perfection. We had the table side guacamole which was delicious but wish the portion was larger, not really enough for four people. We loved the salsa so much that I inquired if they sold it. Some restaurants that have a signature salad dressing will have it for sale. Our server Martin said that they did not but was kind enough to not only bring more for the table but gave us some to take back to the hotel with us. Mexicado should really think about jarring the salsa for sale. Very tasty. Ambiance in the outdoor dining area is beautiful reminded of the Hyatt in Maui.Special Features:
- Guacamole was delicious, salsacapa7Dined on 2/21/2014Guacamole was delicious, salsa was horrible. Salsa tasted like tomato soup. Pitcher of margarita not even full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MexicanLjfieldDined on 1/19/2014Nice meal. The table side guacomole was delicious. One order was not enough for three people cause we wanted more. The staff was very niceSpecial Features:
- The guacamole is a mustCharmingVIPDined on 1/18/2014The guacamole is made table side, it's fresh and delicious. The margaritas are delicious too. No sour mix. The portions were large. Food and service were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okladdcVIPDined on 12/22/2013The chicken enchiladas were good. The salsa didn't taste like what I'm used to, but tasted like something out of a can. The table-side guacamole was great but it is like $15. All in all, a cool atmosphere with just ok food.Special Features:
- Needs workbill33oVIPDined on 8/9/2013Mexicado, in the Hyatt Regency Aruba, is not bad, but it is also not very good. With the prices being charged, that's not acceptable. The table-side made guacamole is bland. My daughter's pork dish was very fatty. My snapper was okay but nothing which would have me return. Yes, the location can't be beat and the service was very good but that's just not enough. It is a recently opened restaurant and may be going through growing pains but I would hold off before returning.Special Features:
- the food was delicious - weViki922Dined on 7/19/2013the food was delicious - we enjoyed Mexicado very much and the next time we are in Aruba will def go back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2013Beautiful setting! The menu is varied without being overwhelming and the food is tasty and well presented. I had read some average reviews and can happily say that I found this restaurant to be exceptional! Wonderful for a romantic evening. Our water Martin was amazing and made perfect suggestions. We started with the guacamole prepared table side, and each had the tasting dish of three types of ceviche - all delicious and a rather big appetizer!. I then had the mahi mahi tacos which was a starter but was more than enough for a main dish and my husband had the cazuela prepared short-ribs, also amazing. Huge portions and the margaritas are not to be missed!!! Great value for the quality of food and service. We will be back when in Aruba!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and margaritasDaveHVIPDined on 6/23/2013This is not your typical Mexican restaurant. Service was outstanding. Great margaritas. My wife and I shared the vegetable burritos and also had the quesadillas and veggie tacos as the appetizer. The vegetables were very well seasoned and tasty. Very reasonable portions. We shared a pitcher of margaritas which is enough for 2 people with a bit more left over. Still less expensive than ordering them individually. Great view of the goldfish river inside the Hyatt. Whether you eat inside or outside, the ambience and views are exceptional.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/9/2013Tequila tasting with fresh Guacamole made at your table..great variety of ceviche, just delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointing MexicadoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/28/2013Disappointing considering it is on Hyatt-owned property. Competitive restaurant business in Aruba. This one won't last mostly due to high prices.
- For a restaurant thst hasMBFMaven53VIPDined on 2/3/2013For a restaurant thst has been open only a couple of months, they know nothing about Mexican food or Tequila. Telling us that a list of 10 tequilas "all taste the same" was just unacceptable. A basic dish such as guacomole was tasteless and the chips were saturated with oil. Very expensive. Save your money and go to Iguana Cantina.