1035 20th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metroprimesteak.com/
- Phone: 2056235288x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5pm - 9pm
Monday - Friday Happy Hour from 4:00pm - 6:00pm
All Wine and Liquor Drinks half price.
Pub Menu, including our Steak Burger and Fries for $6.00.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Burgers, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Warren Weiss
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please Contact Alain Ernhardt 205-623-5288 or visit our website for more information.
A word from MetroPrime Steakhouse
Located at the heart of Birmingham in Historic Five Points South, MetroPrime Steakhouse is Birmingham's only local prime steakhouse. The menu features a unique selection of prime and dry-aged steak options. Every steak is hand cut in house and seared under an 1800-degree specialty broiler. The menu is rounded out by a house ground prime burger, fresh seafood offerings and inventive steak house sides. The expansive bar area offers a more casual dining experience. The bar features handcrafted cocktails, twelve specialty beers on tap and an extensive wine by the glass list. The bar at MetroPrime Steakhouse is a great place to catch a game or to meet friends after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
MetroPrime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
MetroPrime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (11)late-night find (9)scenic view (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- thanks MetroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Perfect steakhouse experience. I had great service and the food was as it should be. Not magical but fine steakhouse mealSpecial Features:
- Tough, Tastless SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The Good: Very good service and nice restaurant. Appetizers were very good and side dishes were good as well. (Everyone loved the Lobster Macaroni) The Bad: Numerous complaints about the steaks that were served, everyone complained that they had no taste. I ordered the Strip and there was an over abundance of gristle. I did not send it back or complain because this was a business dinner with some high level customers and I did not want to come off as seeming petty. When we were outside waiting for our cars, all the other diners complained about their steak as wellSpecial Features:
- Good but not GreatSimpleeUniqueDined on 9/29/2014MetroPrime is good but not great. The price tag of this places leaves you wondering what the heck did I just pay for. I took my boyfriend here for his 28th birthday. I had the crab cakes, which had WAY to much filling and not enough crab meat. He had the 16oz Ribeye which was overcooked despite him saying medium. Overall this place is just ok and I have dined at other places in Birmingham which were way more affordable and tasty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Overall metroprime is the best restaurant I have ever been too and I can't wait to go back the food was amazing and the atmosphere was incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steak I've ever hadhmt006Dined on 9/26/2014Title of the review says it all - great service too. Can't believe it wasn't more crowded on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and view good/food lousyLovegoodfoodDined on 9/25/2014The view of Southside and the server David H were the best things about the evening. The food was lousy and way overpriced.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceBonappetiteDined on 9/23/2014Food was OK, but for the prices it should have been great. Service was substandard. Not A very friendly environment.
- It was just ok in our opinion.....KimCDined on 9/19/2014I have been waiting to go here fir a while but haven't had much time. When my guy and iI finally made it we didn't get the food we expected. It was just ok. The chicken was good but the portion size was horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southside best steakhouse dining!!!ALR76picksDined on 9/13/2014Took out of town guest. We were very satisfied with everything in regards to service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a Good Night GreatGudFudDined on 8/26/2014I took my wife to MetroPrime Steakhouse for our 14th anniversary. I booked through OpenTable and in the comment section I mentioned it was our wedding anniversary. That's all it took. The valet that parked our car asked if we were Mr. & Mrs. *****, and when we said yes, he wished us a "happy anniversary". Once inside the hosted began with a "Happy Anniversary", followed by our waiter, or wine steward and bus boy. Out came a special drink and the meal ended with the best cheese cake ever. The 14th is pretty much a run-of-the-mill anniversary, but the fine people at MetroPrime Steakhouse made it one we will remember for many years.Special Features:
- OutstandingSmithDined on 8/25/2014David's (aka Jameson) service and food quality absolutely outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLovefoodDined on 8/23/2014Appetizers Little pricy.. but other than that awesome place. Service and food is 5 starsSpecial Features:
- Great experienceGentry36Dined on 8/22/2014Went out for just a regular date night, but was an amazing night. Worth every bit of the money I spent. Stephen was an incredible and knowledgable waiter, made the experience that much better. My girlfriend had the chicken and it was the most tender and well-flavored chicken I've ever had. My cowboy ribeye was perfectly cooked and had great flavor. I'd recommend this place to anyone. One of Birmingham's gems for sure. Service, food, and experience is incomparable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSteaksDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good. The prices were much more reasonable than we expected. The steaks were very good and they come with a side and a salad. The dress was anywhere from formal to casual which suprised me. People wore suits all the way down to shorts and t shirts which seemed odd for a restaurant of this caliber. Overall I would recommend the restaurant to others. The food was very good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendssurewinDined on 8/19/2014I have eaten here several times and have been pleased with the food and the service every time. My last visit was with friends who had not been there before and they were very pleased with their first visit. As it worked out we all had the bone in filet and it was exceptional. I will be back the next time I am in B'ham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely DisappointedFoodie80Dined on 8/16/2014We went for a rare girls night out and we were completely disappointed. The server was friendly and spoke highly of several dishes on the menu. So we ordered as he suggested. The steak was good but very overpriced and overrated. The crab cakes tasted like "deviled crab" as they had more filling than crab. Definitely not the best in Birmingham. The lobster Mac was nothing to rave about and the Sweet Potato Hash came to the table burned. We will not be returning.
- 1st timepys1Dined on 8/16/2014I have lived in Birmingham 8 and this was my first visit. Nice option to other steakhouse chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Great Service.NicknameVIPDined on 8/14/2014We had the metro prime steak special again tonight which was served exactly as we ordered it. It was tender and delicious. Best of all we enjoyed the truffle mashed potatoes! The servers and management always make us feel welcome and the food is delicious. Drinks are good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuddyDined on 8/10/2014We really enjoyed our meal, the service was excellent and the food was very up scale and really good. I asked for a to go box and they boxed up my food nicely I was disappointed they did not include your delicious steak sauce for my left over steak. glad we had the experience. thank you.Special Features:
- NICE ATMOSPHEREviber11akaDined on 8/9/2014Service was excellent, and food was good, not great; but the atmosphere is great for a romantic evening out!!Special Features:
- SuperNicknameVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had the metro prime steak which was served exactly as we ordered it. It was tender and delicious. Best of all was the fSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent in all areas.UncleBobVIPDined on 8/5/2014We have tried to support this locally owned restaurant, but the inconsistency will eventually kill it. This was our LAST visit.
- Very Good SteaksjeffdDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I returned to MetroPrime to use a recent LivingSocial coupon. Service and atmosphere were both outstanding, and the sirloin steaks were both prepared a perfect medium rare and very tasty.Special Features:
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014My steak was burnt. I asked for a new steak and it was way undercooked. They took it back and cooked it to perfection! I was wonderful!!!!!Special Features:
- Good average food, overpricedOutstandingAmazingYummyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Food is nothing special. The price for a 6oz. top sirloin, one traditional side, one glass of red wine was $50. You can get the same meal, including the wine, for half that price...and the food quality is no difference. When you finish, you are left wondering why you paid the premium price.
- not what i was expectingmediumrare2Dined on 7/26/2014I was expecting a fine dining. It was casual at best. For a Saturday evening dinner, I was expecting the best servers. However, they would have been better suited for a Tuesday lunch. Drinks weren't ordered til 10 min after we sat down. Bread wasn't offered til the meal came. Our drinks were never refilled. We both ordered the sirloin, MR, and it was perfect in the middle, but the outside edges were overcooked and hard to cut. We also had the sweet potato bacon hash and asparagus bernease. Both sides were good and plenty to share. Salads were basics, mostly just spring mix. It cost over $100 and for 2 of us. It was our first time there, and we will not go back. I would not recommend it
- LoudLoudDined on 7/26/2014The table next to us was extremely loud.They acted like they were at a bar. It was so bad we could't enjoy our dinner. Our wonderful waiter noticed we were miserable and said he would take care of it. He had someone talk to the loud,rude patrons. It did no good! They were just as loud!! We love the food,but won't be back!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerMeredithDined on 7/26/2014We had a great time celebrating our first wedding anniversary here. The steak was one of the best I've had in a while. I had the bone-in filet and my husband had the waygu. Both steaks were excellent. Service was great as well.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestBoylerz1Dined on 7/19/2014The staff was friendly, but not the most timely. The food was disappointing. We had a pre fixe meal, which we upgraded one side and one salad. The caesar dressing was tasteless and needed more salt and acid. The sirloin was cooked and seasoned well, but the house sauce was very overpowering. The truffle mash was so hot that it was inedible for the majority of our meal and was very under seasoned. The creamed spinach was decent, and the runoff cream sauce made for a better accompaniment to our steaks than the house sauce. We enjoyed a nice bottle of Freemark Abbey Napa Cab with our meal. It was quickly offered to let decant and served in proper glassware, but the temperature of the wine was off (very warm). It took 15 minutes for our valet.
- Couples date nightLuvdatenightsDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I went on a Friday night with another couple. Not crowded or busy at all. Table was ready at 6:30 after having a cocktail at the bar. Server was very short and rude...we were using a Living Social coupon we had. We ordered two appetizers, a few more drinks and the fixed menu dinner (from the coupon). We were incredibly rushed through dinner and were planning on having desert, but he brought our checks and asked for the valet ticket! We were also going to go over to World of Beer, but car was out front waiting! Even without paying for the steak, salad and side due to coupon my bill was still $70. Calamari was just ok, baked oysters decent and steak was good. Nothing phenomenal.Special Features:
- Not worth it for the money spentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/16/20143 of us met for dinner here- no drinks ( water), no apps. I ordered the petite filet ($38) and what I received was a small medallion- we joked at the table about where the rest of our food was... a side of broccoli was clearly from a frozen bag and not fresh... Bill for 3 people with no apps, no drinks, 2 desserts, and coffee was $150+. Ridiculous!!! Food was ok, but the prices were outrageous for the portions we received.
- Amazing Experience!bhamlocalfoodieDined on 7/12/2014EXCELLENT EXCELLENT food and service! Perfectly seasoned and cooked steak! wonderful soup and salad - superb sides! Highly recommend the bacon lollipops, sweet potato/bacon hash, and the lobster mac and cheese! I really can't say enough wonderful things about this place! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Service was fantasticalexa20002Dined on 7/9/2014We experienced fantastic service at MetroPrime. Everyone was incredibly polite (except one of the waitresses who was cleaning up at the end of the night, but that's not a big deal since we didn't deal directly with her) especially our waiter (who was wonderful!!) and the host. The bacon lollipops were unbelievably delicious, but we weren't impressed with the rest of our meal. The steak wasn't particularly flavorful (didn't seem to have any seasoning) and the sides and bread weren't anything to write home about. The ginger-carrot soup was great though! We probably won't go back because it was a bit too fancy for us, but we'll certainly recommend it to others who want someplace nice to go for special occasions or romantic dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 341 reviews are from the MetroPrime Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Not as impressive at first timeBestSteakEverDined on 6/6/2014The first time we went I had the filet, sauteed spinach, and potatoes. The food was exceptionally bland this go around. Im not sure if the cook just didnt season it well or what.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/6/2014Bacon lollipops appetizer should come with a cholesterol medication. Delish. Lobster Mac has good amount of lobster. Filet mignon was cook just as ordered. Have porterhouse for two that's $99. Wow.Special Features:
- Great Experience!JONACOOLEYDined on 6/4/2014Fine dining establishments can be uptight and intimidating. That's not the case with MetroPrime. The staff was professional and courteous without being arrogant. The food and drink offerings are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 6/1/2014Everything was great, except the valet service - which was horrible.
- Just and ok experienceGlibysDined on 5/28/2014Just ok and a bit pricey for the quality, service was fine. Steak house that gets the cut and doneness wrong left me with I can find better for the $.
- So good!ChaceDined on 5/23/2014My husband and I went to MetroPrime for our 1 year anniversary dinner. It far exceeded our expectations. The calamari was perfectly seasoned and battered, not too heavy. The potato leek soup was amazing! My husband got the filet and I got the beef wellington. Both were cooked to a perfect medium rare. Seasoned to perfection so we didn't even need any salt. We finished it off with the chocolate soufflé, which was out of this world good! The drinks were great too. We both agree that it was the best meal we've eaten in Birmingham, if not anywhere! It's pricy, but with the quality service and awesome food, it's so worth it!Special Features:
- Enjoy Definitely PampereddixdizzyDined on 5/21/2014I loved the beauty of the understated decor. Low Lighting. Service was A+ and food scrumptious. We were on a married date and shared our entrees back and forth as well as desert. Food was delicious, high quality, and had a modern touch without being extreme. We look forward to trying it again for a special occasion for 2, 4, 6, or 8.Special Features: