metropolitanKC - Marriott Hotel Kansas City
200 W. 12th St.
Kansas City, MO 64105Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
metropolitanKC - Marriott Hotel Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotel-restaurants/mcidt-kansas-city-marriott-downtown/metropolitankc/58285/home-page.mi
- Phone: (816) 421-6800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily a la carte menu: 6:00am – 11:00am
Buffet Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:00am
Sunday and Saturday: 6:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch: Daily: a la carte menu: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Buffet Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Chef Ronnie Kotz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Our Chef will work with you to create a special menu for your party. Please contact us for more details.
- Special Events: Metropolitan KC is the perfect place to host a small intimate gathering, family dinner or a private reception.
A word from metropolitanKC - Marriott Hotel Kansas City
Experience the finest in Kansas City dining and create lasting memories in a sophisticated yet comfortable atmosphere. Indulge and unwind at MetropolitanKC, where you’ll find vibrant tastes to satisfy every palette.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
metropolitanKC - Marriott Hotel Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good Hotel OptionTryitonceVIPDined on 10/18/2014Don't normally enjoy hotel food but this was tremendous. Ribeye with the hotel's special rub was perfect. The cauliflower mash was a great accompaniment. Give it a try and be surprised, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DADDYL1VIPDined on 7/5/2014SERVICE WAS GREAT AND PRICE WAS GOOD. THE RIBS WITH THEIR SIGNATURE SAUCE WAS "OK". LOCATION IN THE DOWNTOWN MARRIOTT IS VERY HANDY. A GOOD FINE FOR CASUAL DINING, NOT FOR SPECIAL/ROMANTIC OCCASIONSSpecial Features:
- Great!heyaDined on 6/28/2014This was right in the hotel and was very nice. It was a bit pricey and the menu was pretty limited, but the food was amazing and the service was just as great. I would definitely recommend for someone wanting to go to a nice dinner!Special Features:
- Great mealMayorDined on 5/17/2014Although the restaurant was nearly empty, the food was great, the service was excellent.
- Mother's day Buffet BrunchNYFLAtransportsDined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent and, generally, there were plenty of choices. Only hit was the lack of fruit. Mixed fruit crisps were outstanding, the service was outstanding; we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We had been going to the Downtown Marriott for Easter, Mother's Day and Thanksgiving frequently for about 20 years. This was a smaller scale but still quite enjoyable and, we believe, worth the price.Special Features:
- BrunchBrunchDined on 5/11/2014Booked the MetropolitanKC for Mother's Day brunch and overall had a great time. Our service was fantastic from the hostess to our waiter to the pancake bar. Everyone was polite, quick to provide service, and eager to please. Giving the mother's potable flowers was a nice touch as well. We enjoyed all selections of food, but would have liked to see more of a selection of fresh items. Also, the au jus for the prime rib did not taste good which was unfortunate. Would eat here again for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchDavidVIPDined on 5/4/2014I went for brunch on a Sunday morning and the food and service were very good. The price was also excellent for the food that was served. I would not hesitate to go back.Special Features:
- A plus on the Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014The food and service was outstanding! Thanks to the staff and management for a great Easter Brunch... Also had to get a room to take a nap before returning home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed brunchnewviewDined on 4/20/2014I made reservations for the Easter Brunch. I felt the food selection/choices was limited. The 2 main meat selections: I cannot eat lamb and the roast beef was rare - medium rare which I cannot eat. I was told there were no other meat choices. The vegetable choices and other food choices were not hot but cool in temperature. Overall the food taste including the dessert was very bland. The coffee was good and the service/waiters were great.
- Nice quite Dinner made enjoyableHappyVIPDined on 4/7/2014Nice quite Dinner made enjoyable by great service.
- Surprisingly good. You canWaltDined on 4/6/2014Surprisingly good. You can count on Marriott to maintain a consistent standard but Metropolitan KC is a cut above the typical Marriott restaurant. The food was excellent as was the the staff, from the hostess to the servers. Good restaurants are limited downtown, especially close to the Music Hall and Bartle Hall; Metropolitan KC fills that gap nicely. You can arrive at a performance or event early, park underground, walk no more than 1/2 block to the Marriott, have a great dinner, then walk back to the Music Hall or Bartle Hall, even underground if its raining. The bar area is equally nice and offers a number of food options. Great job.Special Features:
- Great hotel. Subpar restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014The service at MetropolitanKC was the only highlight of this dining experience. Coming from workin in a professional kitchen or not there is no excuse for sloppy plating, lack of seasoning, and temperatures requested being do butchered. Rare does not mean well done, medium rare does not mean well done. Salt needs to be added to every chef/cooks station, mash looked as though it sat under a heat lamp and sat in a heat well the entire day. Chicken picatta contained more capers then chicken. Very disappointed into MetropolitanKC experience.Special Features:
- Food was above average forChadDined on 2/14/2014Food was above average for the most part, but the lobster was over cooked. Parsnip mashed potatoes were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceCrimdawg23Dined on 2/14/2014Perfect valentines day meal. Loved the lobster and the chocolatey desert. We're definitely going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointment all aroundStomperdooDined on 2/14/2014Our server was incompetent. After waiting an hour with no food, our appetizers and entrees came out together. Server said he would put our steaks "under the warmer" until we were ready. We almost pulled out at that point and should have. The food was terrible. Completely overpriced.
- creative menu choices and presentatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We shared each menu choice and loved everything! Look forward to a return trip to order from the open menu as well. Pleasant staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Day SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day and it was better than expected , service was just what you want warm, friendly but not intrusive. Our waiter seemed to be there every time we wanted something. The food could NOT have been any better...quaintly and quality were perfect . We will be going back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicejulieDined on 2/8/2014The waitress that served my husband and myself was amazing. When we first arrived she asked if we were there for any special occasion. We told her it was our anniversary. She went above and beyond to make our night special. She is probably one of the best waitresses I have ever encounted. The food was amazing and the ambiance was great. Overall I think this is one of the best restaraunts I have been to in a while and can not wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-performance lunchfoodscoopVIPDined on 12/7/2013My friends and I were looking for someplace near the Quality Hill Playhouse to have lunch before a Saturday matinee, and this was the closest. The food was wonderful, but the place was all but deserted (maybe because the MLS Championship game was about to start) so it didn't really feel festive. Also, our waitress was pretty distracted and confessed to be dealing with "a whole lot of stuff" that day. However, she did focus a little better as lunch went on, and she was a pleasant woman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013The food was ok. I have had better breakfast buffet's. Service at the table was good. I would have expected better food for the price.Special Features: