Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge
169 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.metropolitanannapolis.com/
- Phone: 4102805160
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Friday: 7:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge
Metropolitan specializes in farm-to-table cooking. We strive to source our ingredients from local farms purveyors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (16)great for brunch (11)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)late-night find (5)romantic (5)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Lunch ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant is described on open table as "farm-to-table," but I found it to be a pretty standard bar menu, without explanation about from which farms the food had come. The BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato) was good, but had too much mayonaise. The waiter was very nice though, and we brought my friend's three week old baby for his first public lunch, and felt welcomed and accommodated at a back corner table where my friend could nurse her son.Special Features:
- Dining PleasureHappyWandaDined on 8/24/2014This was the first time I'd eaten at Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge. We ate on the rooftop & it was awesome. Service was outstanding & the food was delicious! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- ConcernedFrend4uDined on 8/22/2014The food and service DOWNSTAIRS was OUTSTANDING... but.. The cost verses the quality of the drinks served didn't go together... I had to order a second drink because of the lack of alcohol in the first.. The second turned out the same as the first... It wasnt until the third drink that I could taste what I ordered.... You may need the public to do the taste testing for your bartenders.. Just a thought 🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come again.NickNameDined on 8/21/2014Dined with 6 for dinner. We were seated promptly but it took a while for the waitress to even acknowledge us. Rest of the meal went fine. Food was good and the menu has some interesting things on it that beg a trip back. We also checked out the rooftop after dinner, seems like a very cool place, we will dine up there next time. Overall the place has a nice vibe.Special Features:
- Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014Good value. Thursday happy hour goes 'til 12mn and offers half price food item. Nice food selection. Plenty of vegetarian options Service could have been better although was adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice Anytime!SarahDined on 8/5/2014Great restaurant for a night on the town, volunteer meeting mid-week, late dinner out with friends or brunch on the weekend! Always great for parties and special occasions. Food is always delicious and amazing. Love this place!Special Features:
- Really good, with a couple hiccupsBmoreOysterEaterDined on 7/26/2014I went to metropolitan over the weekend with a group on six. The cucumber moon cocktails were the group favorite and the beef satay was incredible. We basically did a feast of appetizers and raw bar oysters. The oysters were good but served with regular ice cubes instead of crushed which was a little odd, especially in a town known for the seafood. The fried green tomatoes with crab were incredibly yummy. The biggest misses were the vegetarian friendly apps we got, falafel and bean burger sliders...both were dry and bland. I would definitely go back! Hopefully they reconsider their oyster presentation :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious.JennaDined on 7/26/2014Loved the food! I order the salmon and it was cooked to perfection...so flavorful and moist! By far my favorite restaurant in Annapolis.
- Gem of a findPaleoHunterDined on 6/27/2014Fantastic cocktail selection matched by an equally scrumptious menu. Food and drinks both expertly prepared. The quality of the food is belied by the second hand look of the furnishings - don't be fooled - there are great things inside. Paleo friendly if you skip the drinks - they happily substituted additional vegetables in place of the starch. Delicious trout special and perfectly prepared scallops.Special Features:
- good but over pricedmetrokitchenannapolisDined on 6/18/2014The food was excellent at this restaurant although iver priced. The atmosphere was rustic and very simple. They do organic good which is great. I had the falafel bites which would have been enough for my meal. Also hsd scsllops and quinoa which was very good. If you want ambiance don't ho here-also it wa d a little warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinksFreshdrinksDined on 6/15/2014We went for brunch on Fathers Day, because I've always heard about their food. We did enjoy the food but their drinks were fresh, creative and delicious . I had a cucumber drink ( can't remember what was it in). So refreshing! That's what I liked. Ieverthing tasted very fresh and clean, Overall it was a very relaxed atmosphere, and we enjoyed that too. I think they are probably a younger crowd night spot, like our daughters age, in her 20's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice little placeeppie979Dined on 6/13/2014This was a great little place to go eat I wish they could add a few vegan recipes I did make due with what they had just had to take out the cheese but you could tell it should have had something in place of it. Other the that drinks were great you have to try the acai blueberry drink. Its worth it. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch RocksJboy21047Dined on 6/8/2014Love this place for brunch since it goes out of the box to offer some really unique options and changes seasonally. The Hangover is my favorite with their homemade sausage but a close second are the red velvet pancakes. Great coffee and service as well. Always go there if I am going to be in Annapolis on the weekend and looking for a great brunch place.Special Features:
- Consistently goodadchotinVIPDined on 5/31/2014This is our fourth time at Metropolitan and we will keep coming back! The combination of small plates and entrees is well-balanced with ample choices from both. Certainly enough options to keep both carnivores and vegetarians happy. There are four flatbread choices as well. Many gluten free options. The roof is our preference but the indoor tables are fine. As with most Annapolis restaurants, being located in an old building presents design and layout difficulties but they do well with their limitations here. Drink options are varied and interesting. We highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TabbyladyDined on 5/31/2014This is a wonderful restaurant and lounge! Food is excellent!Special Features:
- Happy Mommy!!Louie2013Dined on 5/11/2014My family took me to Metropolitan for Mothers Day Brunch, the food was fantastic, even the kids enjoyed it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orange tattoo art show!NieceycakesDined on 5/10/2014We made reservations for 8:30 our table was ready when we arrived a little early ! The food was awesome my daughter and I are both foodies and everything we ordered from the drinks to the food was excellent . Atmosphere was laid back yet chic loved the layout and the musical styling a were also just what we were looking for ! I would definiatly recommend this place any night of the week but we are looking forward to trying breakfast next time we go !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks - Don't come hungry!DCDinerInAnnapolisDined on 5/9/2014Lovely place--both inside and outside on the rooftop deck. Delicious cocktails. Just skip the food! Appetizers were very disappointing (especially the tuna tartare), and all of our dishes were lackluster (raw wahoo and salmon, burnt hamburger, nothing noteworthy about the side dishes). Eat elsewhere and come for the drinks and ambiance!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 165 reviews are from the Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge reviews archive.
- Love the rooftop decksoccerdanDined on 5/3/2014Best outdoor seating in Annapolis. Luckily the food and drinks are just as good as the rooftop deck. Great place for a weekend evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014Awesome people, great service, wonderful and interesting food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta go to Metro!NoThanksVIPDined on 4/12/2014After u make your reservation, ask for a rooftop table on a nice evening. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner at metropolitansOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/1/2014I chose this for my birthday dinner because I had read in the paper review that they had recently changed chefs and the food was good. We had the brussels sprouts small plate for an appetizer and it was excellent. My husband and daughter had the brick chicken with porkbelly hash. Both loved it but neither could finish since it was a large portion. I had the scallop small plate, three scallops done three different ways. One in particular was so good that my husband asked if they could make it for him as an entree next time. They said that they could. I also couldn't resist one of the flatbread choices, a fig and goat cheese one. The food choices were all interesting and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet at the MetDphilDined on 3/2/2014I was very delighted by the atmosphere of the Met. I have frequented one the more popular restaurants down the street but I believe the Met was modern and more for my taste. My wife and I will be coming back for dinner or a late evening getaway some day in the immediate future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014The building was cool. Food was solid. Drinks were good- nice beer and wine selection, some interesting cocktails. Service at the bar was fair considering how busy it was. Once seated out server all but disappeared. He was friendly but far from attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mix of trendy with traditionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Loved the use of veggies. Great taste. Knowledgable staff.Special Features:
- Yum!jberDined on 3/1/2014The food was delicious and our server was very knowledgeable about the beer and menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locavores -- another bite!SusieBVIPDined on 2/27/2014great place for locally sourced food - first time dining, but good choice, and everything coming out of the kitchen looked and smelled great. Looking forward to our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad seating.SharonKDined on 2/15/2014The food was very good, not great. The service needed a little more polish, but not bad. It was where we were seated that was the problem. We were seated in front of an exit door and beside a door to the upstairs. I am not even sure how this can even be allowed. My seat was actually blocking one of 2 exit doors. There were 2 parties upstairs and probably 50+ people walked by us to go through the door to go upstairs. I was so close to the door I could hold it open for them! We had reservations and many tables remained open the whole time we were there, so it was not the only table that they could have seated us.Special Features:
- First time at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014First time at this restaurant and will return. Food was wonderful. The place has the feel of a small hole in the wall romantic place and the bar area is pretty nice on the first floor. I did not check out any of the other floors. Seemed to be very clean and the employees seemed nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014I'd suggest sticking with simple dishes. Ingredients fine but execution not great. Service was attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- I thought the food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014I thought the food was great. We had a nice quiet date but I imagine it's better when the weather is nice enough to sit outside on the deck upstairs.Special Features:
- Dirty 30BradDined on 1/25/2014I chose Metropolitan after hearing a number of good review from friends and family to celebrate my 30th birthday. They were not wrong. The reservation through OpenTable went through without a hitch. I ordered the short ribs and it was so tender I could have separated it by blowing it apart. SO GOOD!! My friends who came out thought they were funny and "iced" me with a Crispin Apple Cider and the waiter even threw in some kind of fruity drink on the house. The only thing I wish I had done differently was request our table (of 7) NOT be right next to the door as it was pretty cold that night. Overall a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Error correctedMisterOzDined on 1/24/2014Our 1st visit. Great service and drink menu. They have many concoctions designed at the restaurant and are very tasty. Initially, one of our two meals was not up to par and the server noticed and immediately sent it back of his own accord, and the replacement meal was superior. The manager also came to check on us and apologize, and efforts were made to make amends. Even with this, the experience was positive. We will go back.Special Features:
- Very pleasant visitkatjoeDined on 1/12/2014Overall, I would definitely recommend this place - it's also a nice atmosphere and an interesting mixture of people, and prices are very reasonable, even without a special deal (esp. for Annapolis!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2014We have come to Metropolitan multiple times for brunch with various friends visiting from out of town and it has never let us down! Great choice of dishes away from the traditional eggs and bacon! Will be eating there again for brunch, would love to try dinner there at some point. And we hear their rooftop bar area is great when the weather is nice!Special Features:
- Great for date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014My husband and I had dinner before heading upstairs to see a band. Food was excellent, my husband got the special which was bacon wrapped shrimp. I had the flatbread with crab and shrimp, it was good, a little bland. I decided to be brave and try the tequila jalapeño drink, woo! Too spicy! Other than that, it was great. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!vjdantoneVIPDined on 1/5/2014Great brunch and VERY good service....the mimosas were fantastic - was that fresh OJ?Special Features:
- Nice venue, principle, bad food.MrCKDined on 1/5/2014The venue's a nice, with a nice rooftop dining, and I commend their use of grass-fed meat and other fresh ingredients. However, as this was my first dining experience (been there twice for drinks), the food's execution left a bad impression. Seemed the food had been sitting out for a while, but my beef tacos (from the appetizer menu) did not appear fresh (the guacamole was dull-colored by the time it arrived), and the shredded beef was very dry. I ate one (to my regret), and could not get myself to finish the other, and informed the server of the problem. The eggplant burger - too thick and undercooked, under seasoned, and appeared to be in need of some sauce. Would go back for drinks, but definitely would not order food again. Too bad.Special Features:
- Hit or Miss - This time a missOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/31/2013I have dined at Metropolitan on numerous occasions. I would say that 75% of the time the food is really good. This was one of those 25% instances. I ordered the Short Rib and it was extremely dry and flavorless. My girlfriend ordered the salmon and it, too, was dry and just bland. The calamari was decent, but that's it. For the price they charge, I would hope that they would be more consistent with their food.
- The MetroslattsDined on 12/14/2013Good food, and the rooftop bar is always a fun optionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.