7892 N Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.metropolitangrilltucson.com/
- Phone: 5205311212
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday 11:00a.m. - 10:00p.m., Friday & Saturday 11:00a.m. - 10:30p.m., Sunday 11:00a.m. - 8:00p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Carlton Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call Metropolitan Grill directly for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms are available for special events and meetings. Our banquet room is the perfect setting for a large function, and our boardroom is ideal for smaller meetings or more intimate affairs. Banquet menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 5205311212
A word from Metropolitan Grill
Metropolitan Grill - America's Kitchen is a great family friendly restaurant on Tucson's northwest side. The extensive menu specializes in local products. Menu items include wood fired pizzas, burgers, sandwiches, an array of salads, sustainable seafood and several beef items. Long time favorites include Thai chicken pasta, sauteed liver & onions and chicken Chardonnay. If you have special dietary needs, a special Gluten Free menu is offered and several vegan & vegetarian options are also available. Entree pricing starts at just $5.95 and all Snacks & Desserts are under $4.00. A great children's menu is available for just $4.95. Happy Hour Specials include dollar off all snacks, pizzas, wines, cocktails and beers, daily from 3 - 7 in our lounge. We offer four floating 50" HDTV's in the bar for you to enjoy your favorite sporting event. We offer free Wi-Fi and private dining is available. Our Boardroom seats 20 and Banquet Room seats 60 comfortably.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Metropolitan Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Sad they're closingYummyinOroDined on 5/25/2014We have eaten at Metro Grill many times and love it...too bad they have to close.
- LashVIPDined on 5/17/2014We dine here fairly often. we always get good value for our dollar and food, service and drinks are all good. This day they were featuring a three seafood combo dinner that was just excellent!!! Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day dinnerPeteR51Dined on 5/11/2014The menu was very good. A nice variety of entrees to choose from. The salad was delicious. The entrees were very tasty. The dessert was very good. The overall meal was excellent. The service was very good. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The restaurant is large and I had a cold feeling about the layout. Had to go through a maze to get to the buffet table. Food was average. Service was very good.Special Features:
- So SoMyBD63Dined on 5/11/2014We went expecting the 3 course meal and found instead the breakfast buffet. The omelets were outstanding but the rest of the food was either too cool (meat) or overcooked, dry (salmon) The server wasn't as attentive as I would have liked and the cost of this was way too much for what little we got!!Special Features:
- Food at Metropolitan Is SlippingChowHoundVIPDined on 5/8/2014We have enjoyed the Metropolitan for the past 3-4 years, but the last few times have been rather disappointing. The fish and chips I ordered was practically inedible. The fish had absolutely no flavor and was very dried out. The chicken quesadilla was ok - but it used to be fabulous. Everything about Metropolitan seems to have slipped to an ordinary dining experience rather than a fun or interesting one. I doubt that we'll ever go back.
- Dependable Neighborhood gemArizonaDined on 5/4/2014Metro Grill is dependable although at times, the service is slow. It is not the fault of the waiter but it seems that the restaurant gives the server too large of an area to cover. Food is always good and the management is outstanding. If you have a problem, it will be handled to your satisfaction.Special Features:
- Changed menu needs more varietySamsonDined on 5/2/2014We have been to the Metro Grill several times in the past. The menu seems to have changed and not for the better. The variety is less and the prices seem higher. What they did serve was perfectly fine, however. The service was good and it wasn't too noisy. They were accommodating to our special tabs request as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 320 reviews are from the Metropolitan Grill reviews archive.
- EASTERMAZEDined on 4/20/2014YOU ADVERTIZED PRIME RIS ON SUNDAYS BUT WHEN WE GOT THRIR ON EASTER SUNDAY YOU WERE NOT SERVING THE PRIME RIB. I ORDERED THE VEAL CUTLET AND IT WAS VERY TUFF. I WAS NOT HAPPY IN SPENDING $75 FOR A Meal that I DIDN'T ENJOY.Special Features:
- Reunion with my familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014I made a reservation for my family many of whom I hadn't seen for years. Some wanted seafood, some wanted gluten free, some wanted vegetarian, some wanted steaks and the little one wanted a kid menu. Anyway, everyone was happy, we got the private room. The service was great and we didn't feel rushed to leave. Thank you Metropolitan Grill for a lovely unforgettable evening! Jeanette JonesSpecial Features:
- Very good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/7/2014Very good food and service. Monday night and hardly anyone else there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered my steak medium wellOneXMarineDined on 3/29/2014Ordered my steak medium well and it came medium rare. The noise from the bar was over whelming at times and the staff was more interested in watching the game than performing their jobs. Waited for 5 minutes or more after being seated before our waiter appeared. We've been there several times and it gets worse each visit. Will not be any future visits.
- Inexpensive and goodmikeysDined on 3/14/2014My wife and I were staying at the Hilton El Conquistador and this was on their recommended restaurants list. So we went. It seemed to be a box store-chain operation. We almost walked out, but we were tired and hungry. The food was surprisingly good (chopped salad, personal pizza). Our waitress was energetic and young and brought out our grandparental instincts. Incidentally, we seemed to be the youngest folks in the restaurant (we are just over the cusp of 60). The hotel described the restaurant as having an "extensive" wine list - not so, but we had a decent Spanish wine that went great with the pizza and our salads. It is what it is - and that ain't bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TucsonDinerTucsonEaterDined on 3/10/2014I really don't know what to think about Metro Grill anymore. There used to be a wait out the door at lunch and these days, well, the place is empty. Our booth had a tear in the seat cushion that has been that way for a couple of months. This time, the tape was wearing out. Our server was attending to a large private party, so the busboy took our order and served us. He was adequate, but a smile and some personality might've helped. The food was good, but the menu even lacks excitement these days. Where is Bob McMahon? He needs to step it up or he's going to lose another restaurant and we are going to lose a gem in Oro Valley.I would recommend this to a friend.
- All you can eat-notEnergyguyDined on 3/7/2014Ordered their Friday special, all you can eat Fish and chips. Got one piece of fish and a small portion of fries. Waited more than 15 minutes for s second, cold, greasy piece of fish. Poor food, poor service. Much better options in Tucson.
- ServiceWiscDined on 3/1/2014Our waiter, Travis, was less not very attentive or organized as previous servers we've had here. Very slow bringing drinks after taking our order. Did not bring our table bread until after the meals were served and then we had to ask for it. Food was excellent and this experience will not keep us from returning at least once more. A second similar experience and we will not return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorless FoodZonieDined on 2/22/2014Server pleasant but pokey. Wok charred salmon was highlight and the person who ordered it said it was just right. It was downhill from there. The bland florentine cod was stuffed with a flavorless rice combo...the spinach was on the side. Original but not tasty. The chicken piccata...capers and lemon, believe it or not, were also flavorless.The Chicken Chardonnay sounded great but was far from that. Other than once again no flavor, the mashed potatoes looked grey and tasted like paste...pretty yucky. A complaint brought a comped glass of wine ,but when one is expecting "whipped red potatoes" and gets something that looks and tastes like paste and was likely out of a box, icky. Our group of 6 was squished into a booth for 4 w/ reservations.Special Features:
- The first table was not toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014The first table was not to our liking, they were very accomendating in finding one that would suit the group very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.ArchieDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant was nice and the food was ok, but the service was not so good.
- Metropolitan grill good dinnernjmom04Dined on 2/14/2014Overall great service, never had to look for a waiter. Enough selections of choices and food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We've been to this restaurant a few times and sadly this experience was not great. We went to the Valentines day special menu event that featured a four course meal. The brie appetizer was the highlight of the meal by far. The rest of the courses were average, not bad but certainly not to the normal standard of Metropolitan Grill. The service was also rather slow. Overall I love this place and have had great meals there before, but I would skip the special events in the future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerSeaweedDined on 2/14/2014We didn't realize that there was a limited menu on Valentine's Day. I wasn't informed online when I made the reservation. The food was a little more expensive than expected but the food was very good and the service was good, too. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceebunnyDined on 2/14/2014While the service at Metro is usually very good, we felt it was a bit erratic on Valentines Day. At first, we felt very rushed, but toward the end of the meal, it was hard to find anyone to just pay for our meal. As I said, service is usually very attentive and well timed; they were very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off DayTucsonEaterDined on 2/13/2014We go here all the time for lunch. This day, there was a huge private party that our server was assigned to in addition to our section. That meant he would disappear for long periods of time. Even with only a very few tables occupied, it took close to 30 minutes to get our food an then we would just sit. This is unacceptable during lunch, when we need to get back to work. There wasn't even a manager around to talk to. General rule: The service is much better in the bar, where the bartender is a sweetheart and super efficient!Special Features:
- Dinner was greatMaggieDined on 2/9/2014Arrived late but the prime rib was perfectly med rare...........liked the 3 course meal because I got to try the Mud Pie- I never order dessert as I'm always too full.........................it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above & beyond!Scooter408VIPDined on 2/5/2014Had a great meal after the Seahawks Super Bowl celebration. The met was bustling and they were ready for the large crowds. Service was exceptional. Dinner was outstanding! Wine was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLASSIC DININGbuddyDined on 1/26/2014The Metropolitan Grill is a great restaurant with a varied and interesting menu. We have dined there several times and have recommended it to friends. The food is great and we have loved everything we have gotten there.Special Features:
- Service was great!CapoDined on 1/25/2014The food was good with the Salmon being a true surprise. Try it, you'll like it.Special Features:
- Very mediocreOliviaDined on 1/24/2014Very ordinary food and service. Old and worn looking inside. Probably will not go back any time soon. Server never came around to take a second round of cocktails order. Food was tasteless and not very attractive. Prices high for such an ordinary place. More like cafeteria food.
- Bring your ID!jadavis126Dined on 1/20/2014Apparently you have to be over 70 to eat early here The food and service are wonderful, but hearing the old folks yell over their hearing aids is annoying. There isn't a bad thing to say about Metro Grill - but they sometimes attract a strange crowd. Robin was a great server and honest about the delays we might encounter that night. Maybe we'll just start eating later...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big restaurantJerseyGirlDined on 1/20/2014My husband and I had only been here previously for appetizers and we liked them. We had made a reservation and were seated promptly. Menu had something for everyone. The bread basket was GREAT. Two varieties and both delicious. I ordered the stuff sole as my entrée. Presentation was nice. Fish was a bit limp but tasty. 3 small pieces. It could have been one more piece. My husband ordered the baked cod. Said it was tasty. Cold slaw was VERY disappointing. Not sure we will be back. Too bad. I really wanted to like this place alot. But the truth is we were not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shadow of Former SelfLarryLDined on 1/20/2014Our group of four used to go almost every week because of the convenient location and good food. We now go only once every other week or less in the hopes that things will improve. This week, even though the restaurant was busy because of a two for one, we were seated quickly, we were able to order fairly quickly, and the food came in a reasonable amount of time. This has not been true in recent months. However, the food is not up to what it used to be. Many of the items we have enjoyed in the past are gone while others are not as good (or served only warm, at best). Three of us had chicken dishes and we all agreed that the chicken was overcooked and dry. This was never an issue in the past. What has happened to our neighborhood gem?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Metro GemFredDined on 1/17/2014The Metro is an outstanding local restaurant. Specials are especially attractive, tasty and easy on the budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to improvealwayshungryDined on 1/14/2014We cannot seem to find consistency at Metropolitan Grill - either with the food and/or the service. Sometimes the food is great for all four of us and the service is so-so. Other times, the service is good but not so much the food. One thing we have noticed is that the waitresses can be a bit too flippant and too friendly. Ladies of my age do not care to be called "darling", nor do we, as a couple like to be called "friends". We noticed that a lot of your customers are seniors and they are deserving of friendly respect. Your younger staff should be trained in that area. We will continue to recommend this restaurant but will alert our friends to the issues described above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceGramlyDined on 1/10/2014We eat there frequently but mostly for lunch, which is always good. We ate dinner there with another couple, there wasn't enough help, the waiter was absolutely overwhelmed! Our salads came out with the entre, the baked potatoes were lukewarm, and the medium steak was rare. One guest ordered another order of fish and it was 30 minutes before that came. We were very disappointed! We will go back because that is the first time it's ever happened. All other times have been good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special 3 Course DinnersLuvnfoodVIPDined on 1/10/2014We love the specials! Always great food and a great value. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time for lunch, lovedTeamLeaVIPDined on 1/9/2014first time for lunch, loved the chopped salad with shrimp and citrus vinagrette. Great bread basket too!Special Features:
- Good birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2014My wife an son took me out for my birthday to Metropolitan Grill. We have never been to the restaurant but will definitely go back. The ambiance was great and the food was very good even for being slow on a Sunday. That makes a huge difference. The salmon was great an flavorful. The fish and chips were done to perfection and the prime rib was delectable. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2014Always enjoyable and all our guests have loved food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VernVernDined on 1/4/2014I requested a round table for 6 and that was fulfilled. However the round is near the kitchen which became noisy at times. Suggest a different location for that one and only table. I had fish and chips and have to say the fish was a bit dry and fry's not crispy or hot. a little disappointed but will come back hopefully to an improvement in the foresaid comments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.