1210 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metclubandbar.com/
- Phone: 6177310600x
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 9pm, Friday and Saturday: 5pm - 10pm, Bar Menu available until 10 Monday thru Thursday, 11 Friday and Saturday.
SUNDAY BRUNCH: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Winer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Monday Burger Night;$4.99 burgers in the lounge. Tuesday is Taco Night 3 for $6; Steak by the inch on Thursday Nights - beef is hand-selected from top 1% of Prime Beef. Wednesday Twin Lobster Night; Two steamed New England lobsters for $24.99 (remember to reserve them when making your reservation!)
- Private Party Facilities: The Metropolitan Club offers two private rooms; The North Room accommodates up to 24 people and the South Room can accommodate up to 32. We can combine the two rooms to accommodate up to 60 guests. There is a food and beverage minimum for each room; there is no additional room fee. A 20% gratuity and 7% Massachusetts state food tax will be added to your final bill. Also the entire Met Club is available for large events. Each room features a working fireplace and flexible seating arrangements. Amenities include personalized event services, customized menus, and state-of-the-art A.V. equipment.
- Private Party Contact: Peter or Dovile (617)731-0600x
- Entertainment: Join us every evening for $4 appetizers including Mini Chicken Parmesan Subs, Salmon Tacos and Crispy Ham and Cheeses and our Met Sunset Cocktail for $6 from 4:30 until 6:30.
A word from Metropolitan Club
The Metropolitan Club is a modern steakhouse paying tribute to the classics with dry aged beef, chops and New England farm raised meats with a mix of innovative dishes. Choose from a wide selection of entrees featuring prime dry-aged beef, lobster, fresh seafood and homemade pastas. Our Met Creations offer traditional dishes with Chef Todd Winer's fresh twist. With a wide variety of salads, burgers and appetizers, The Met club offers something for all palates. Our award winning desserts are made fresh in-house. Don't miss the Met Cake, a molten chocolate cake baked to order with caramel ice cream. The extensive wine list offers both unique varietals as well as boutique bottle selections. Our specialty cocktail list mixes classic with current and our bar menu is available both in the lounge and dining room. Serving dinner nightly. Sunday brunch 11:30 until 2:30. Enjoy The Metropolitan Club and Bar; offering a downtown experience in nearby Chestnut Hill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Metropolitan Club reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Food good, service...interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The food was very good. The service was a little odd. Our server was very sarcastic and passive aggressive, and actually quite rude to my friend. Overall, the service was okay, but he sort of just made us all a little uncomfortable.
- The following 525 reviews are from the Metropolitan Club reviews archive.
- Our Go ToMattDined on 6/1/2014We're new to the area and discover Met Club almost by accident, but it has become our go to place. The food is consistently good, the service is excellent and it's 'trendy' without being self-important. We've heard rumors that it will close soon and we are very disappointed. There are other locations in the Boston area and we'll probably make the longer drive to enjoy the Met Club.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, needs tweakingcbaarghVIPDined on 5/16/2014Overall we had a positive experience at The Met. Our server was outstanding, attentive and accommodating. The portions were huge, larger than necessary, in some cases. The decor was too dark, and coupled with the dim lighting the room seemed drab.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fine service slowDfromNewtonVIPDined on 5/14/2014We went there for my sons 16th birthday to get him a steak. There weren't that many steak choices for advertising as a steakhouse. Our steaks were tasty, but for 45 dollars should have come with the sides. French fries were wonderful. The waiter was nice about bringing our younger son a bowl of plain pasta, The waiter was nice, but the service was almost unbearably slow, and the place wasn't very crowded.Special Features:
- Bait and SwitchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/14/2014I made a reservation for my wife, mother and son to enjoy the Wednesday night twin lobster special which is advertised on the restaurant's website. However, when they arrived they were informed that the lobsters needed to be reserved in advance and were not available. Another family who was dining at the same time was also disappointed by the lack of lobsters. There was no indication at the time the reservation was made that it was necessary to reserve lobsters in advance nor is this indicated on the website. I feel that this is a bait and switch tactic and a violation of Massachusetts consumer protection laws.
- Mother's Day MagicSuncactusDined on 5/11/2014My daughter and I had a wonderful celebratory meal. Our very sweet server, Emily, made suggestions from drinks to entrees and we enjoyed it all...especially the donuts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cocktails, exquisite foodJimBDined on 5/9/2014Cannot go wrong at the bar, and the food is amazing. Be certain to get the Met fries, no matter what else you order. The wait staff is delightful, and you will have a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchLunchBunchDined on 4/20/2014Food was excellent but service at the restaurant and when I called to adjust reservation was not great. I wanted to add one to the brunch reservation the day before and they were reluctant at first to accommodate the request. They then called back and said they could. When we got to the restaurant they were not full at all in the dining room - the entire time we were there. They obviously very easily could handle one more at our table and there was no reason they should've made such a huge deal about it. No one came to our table for at least 15 min and when he finally did he had a bad attitude. He had one big table near us and seemed overwhelmed. He got a little more friendly as the meal wore on but still didn't stop back very frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We each had matinis - appleDodiVIPDined on 4/12/2014We each had matinis - apple and peach and they were excellent. My friend had chicken and loved it. I had the tenderloin steak and I was disappointed. It was cooked too well and didn't have a lot of flavor, maybe because it was too well done. We had onion rings and they were great. Can't remember what else. No dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, not so great food.HappyCamperDined on 3/8/2014Three of us ordered appetizers, meals and desserts. Well, we liked the desserts OK. The rest we ate only about half of and left with a giant doggy bag, literally for the dog. Specifically, we had big pieces of beef, but they had no flavor or excitement. The calamari was cooked to perfection, but flavorless. A couple of years ago I remember having steak tips here and thinking they were great so I should have ordered that again I guess. On the positive, our server was terrific. Helpful, happy, quick, found us at just the right moment, super in all ways.Special Features:
- Can't keep up with the Jones'NotsoMuchVIPDined on 3/7/2014Four of us went out for our weekly Friday night Supper Club, and all of us were disappointed. We keep trying to give The Metropolitan Club a chance, but they continue to disappoint. Other than bread and water - it took 25 minutes before our drink order was taken, then another 10 minutes to get our drinks. The restaurant wasn't even busy. About the food: turkey burger was extremely dry, tuna/crab roll had two pieces of tuna, no crab to be found/tasted, the carbonara was way too salty and the 1/2 portion of bolognese had 15 -20 ziti ... Good Luck trying to keep up with the Jones' (the other newer 10+ restaurants in immediate Chestnut Hill vicinity).Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsAndrewDined on 2/21/2014I went to this restaurant with my friends to celebrate my birthday and it definitely exceeded my expectations. Honestly, I was wary going in to the restaurant due to some negative reviews, but after being seated at the table and introduced to our waiter, I knew the dinner would be great. Service was one of the most impressive I've seen at a restaurant. Our waiter was exceptional; definitely the best one I have had in a while. The food was also phenomenal. Everything from the fried calamari appetizer, to the steaks and the decadent desserts were supreme. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a group that is not looking for super expensive meals, which are delicious and accompanied by excellent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not good serviceKrisDined on 2/16/2014The food has always been good here and usually the service is too, until our last visit. We were seated in a very low and tight booth and asked to move right away. The waiter looked at me and said good luck we are crowded, meanwhile the hostess found us another table, although it was small for 6, it was better than the booth. Our salads and soups took 45 minutes to come out and the manager did come over and apologize before we mentioned it. That's when we had to ask for bread! Food was good and we still had a great time because of the company, but the service was a disappointment ;(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met is hit or missJuneDined on 2/14/2014The last couple times we've dined at Met in Chestnut Hill, the food has been decidedly hit or miss. We went on Valentine's day only to find that they were out of steak. The nearest substitute, skirt steak, was a gristle-y shadow of what we were hoping for. Dissapointing food and high prices combined for a very disappointing dining experience. While I've had great meals at the Met in the past, I really can't recommend it any longer.
- Not impressedDozerDined on 2/14/2014We made a reservation for Valentines Day and we were treated below the standard of which we are accustomed to. The manager/ host tried to sit us in a very uncomfortable area and we asked that we may have a more private/intimate setting and the host told us he would ask if that was ok with the manager. I want to mention that there was hardly anyone dining there yet because our reservation was at 5:30 pm. We were showed to another table which was right beside the kitchen and we were told that the restaurant was going to get really busy and we were led to believe that is why we could not have a a more intimate table. I have been in the service industry for many years as an owner & always treated my clients with mutual & equal respect!
- OK but nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2014The food was fine but nothing special. I had a lobster roll, my friends had salmon and rice bowl. The desserts, too, were OK (sundae and apple cider donuts) but forgettable. I'd go again for the company but the food is not a huge draw. Also, budget plenty of time to get there - Route 9 was terrible for our 6 o'clock dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchCmp6VIPDined on 2/9/2014We went for Sunday lunch without realizing that the menu was limited for brunch. Food was very good and service excellent. Two had the burgers with egg, one had the turkey club, and one had just a regular burger. All was great and cooked properly. We would defiantly go again. Small parking lot out back tho, so get there early as you may be searching for a spot.Special Features:
- This restaurant rocks!MrtnylovDined on 2/8/2014The Met Bar was and always is fantastic. The food is great service incredible and our waiter Philip is the best. He always makes the night fabulous. He is a gem and an asset to their restaurant. Their menu is fabulous and has a variety of foods. The bar is great to and has a meue with variety and the drinks are great. Sheryl SilkesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingALBRJDined on 1/31/2014We went in on a Friday night with a party of 6. The food was mediocre and the service was by far the worst I have had in a while. Our server was rude, pushy and forgetful. We could not wait to finish dinner and head elsewhere for drinks.
- Great Brunch!FOODIEVIPDined on 1/26/2014First time dining at this restaurant for Brunch and it was great! The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We ordered the Heirloom Egg Salad Sandwich and the Egg Met Muffin Club Sandiwich. The home fries were my favorite part of the meal. They were extremely flavorful and crispy. I also liked the "Build Your Own Bloody Mary" option, very creative. Service was warm, attentive and friendly, but seemed to lag towards the end of the meal, but the server had to attend to a fairly large table. We will definitely return for brunch again and to try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy dinnerAMulDined on 1/24/2014We had a great cozy dinner on a cold night. The menu is full of great comfort-food type options that are delicious. Simple dishes are executed perfectly. My husband and I both love the baby arugula salad, which couldn't be more simple but we end up cleaning our plates every time! Even the bread and butter is exceptional.Special Features:
- Great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/19/2014Very nice brunch choices including design your own pancakes, smoked salmon pizza and many other choices. Food was well-prepared and service was excellent. Metropolitan Club is more than a fine steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food -dead on a Friday nightJojogo1VIPDined on 1/10/2014Everything we ordered was very good. The lobster pizza was outstanding. It is obvious that all the new restaurants in that area are taking business from this place. What used to be a lively bar is now half empty and awkward on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantTenorDined on 12/24/2013We attended Christmas Eve. Our waiter was very good, welcoming and attentive. The food also very good. I recommend the duck spring rolls. Portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimseyMimseyVIPDined on 12/20/2013Pricey. Much ado about nothing. Lots of competitive restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Great sides and serviceFourfoodiesmeetingDined on 12/8/2013We wish the steak was tastier, it was good but not great. Seems like beef is not the focal point anymore...all the sides and appetizers were wonderful. Service was attentive, well timed and very helpful without being pretentious.Special Features:
- great for meat lovers - steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013great for meat lovers - steak very good .... also tuna and salmon tartar outstanding !Special Features:
- Wonderful service, good food.NEChrisDined on 11/29/2013We often eat at the bar, but choose the dining area as we had family with us. The food was excellent. The short ribs and chopped salad were standouts. The tuna with rice, was way more rice than one person could eat. We love this place in the winter. Very cozy and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningEricDined on 11/15/2013We took my daughter and a group of her college friemnds to dinner. It was a vbery nice expeeience. The fopd was quite good-nothing exceptional---but very satisfying. Ambience and service escellent. Gave us a sep[arate large table which made it very easy to talk and interact. Prices relatively reasonable. Recommended for a nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful pre-Speaker Series dinnerNewporterDined on 11/13/2013Came for dinner before the Speakers Series. Service and food were excellent. Our waiter was very cognizant of our timing which we really appreciated. Valet parking took the stress out of finding parking. All around, a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Dining to a TMES0718VIPDined on 11/8/2013This was my first visit to any of the Met Clubs or Restaurants through the city and I was not disappointed in any way! I had the flank steak with peppers cooked medium and it was absolutely fantastic. The juices from the steak were a nice contrast to the spiciness of the hot peppers on the side. The Met Club also had a great wine list that I was impressed with, there was definitely something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we neededVTBlueDined on 11/6/2013Really attentive service, a great mix on the menu, and the offer to do something off the menu for a member of the family who has diet restrictions. Service was excellent. A little less meat on the short ribs than I had expected but cooked perfectly. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PresentationbusinessdinerDined on 10/30/2013Food was beautifully plated and delicious, service was slow and left a bit to be desired and SLOW. There was much confusion on where food should be placed on arrival - an attention to detail on everything from cocktail to wine to dinner orders was lacking.Special Features:
- DisappointedunhappyDined on 10/20/2013The place was relatively empty on a Sunday at 1 PM and the staff was attentive without being intrusive. Nothing special about the brunch food and the portions are small. Everything is alla carte. I ordered the blintzes and although they were good, they were 3 tiny ones, not filling at all and really nothing special. I had to ask for more sour cream, beyond the little drop that was on one of the blintzes, they are frugal in this place. When I left, I was still starving. My friend got a good portion of French toast that was okay. I ordered a $6 double expresso that seemed like a single and arrived luke warm. My portion of the bill was $24 with tip and not satiated. Ridiculous.Special Features:
- Great food/ average service at beststetsonincVIPDined on 10/19/2013We all greatly enjoyed our meals. The service however was slow and sloppy. I will return however.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner. We startedDodiVIPDined on 10/12/2013Delicious dinner. We started spliting the tomato salad and the presentation was beautiful, the taste was great, loved the mozzarella, variety of delicious tomatoes. I asked for the dressing on the side and that was no problem. My friend and I split a steak - the one for 2 people - medium rare. We asked for a baked potato instead of the steak fries and they were very accomodating. The steak was perfectly cooked and very tender. Can't wait to come here again. I do love your steaks and also your chicken; however, I wish you would change your menu a little. I would love to see more and different fish on the menu. I would also like to see asparagus or stringbeans or regular spinach [ not creamed ] on your menu. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fine mealKennVIPDined on 9/12/2013A nice spot to get a light bite or to have a great ribeye. I enjoy the flexibility this restaurant offers you in terms of menu choices and food style. Always very good and reasonably priced fro the quality received.
- A very nice spot for a greatKennVIPDined on 8/26/2013A very nice spot for a great hamburg or kobe hotdog. Always fun and upbeat.
- Very good food and serviceToyWDined on 8/22/2013Very good food and service ... Definitely worth a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare offering of poor serviceKennVIPDined on 8/16/2013This meal was ruined by our waiter who, after learning that we were only having light fare from the bar menu in the rear formal seating area, became tough, nasty and apathetic to our needs until he delivered the check. I dine here frequently, usually with a nice steak, and this poor service was unacceptable and very unlike any of the Met restaurants. I am sure this fellow will not last and we can return to our usual good service and broad menu with fine fare.