39 Roslyn Ave
Sea Cliff, NY 11579Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themetropolitanbistro.com/
- Phone: 5168014500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -9:45pm, Friday -Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:45pm
Sunday Brunch: 12:00pm - 2:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Metropolitan Bistro
Go casual, with great food. Metropolitan Bistro is located in Sea Cliff. We serve traditional American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Metropolitan Bistro - Best Restaurants in Sea Cliff ›
Metropolitan Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (10)late-night find (10)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)romantic (6)great for brunch (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Limited menu.JasonDined on 8/31/2014Menu was limited and expensive. Definitely not for family. Good for rich retired people with nothing to do.
- Love this placeLiam461VIPDined on 8/29/2014as always a great time. The food is very good , the service is excellent and what a great atmosphere. Especially when there's a band playing. Bill does a great all job all around. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRoloVIPDined on 8/23/2014We stumbled upon this restaurant while looking for an available dinner spot on Open Table and it did not disappoint. Varied menu with something for everyone in a nice setting. The ribs as an appetizer were amazing. Enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was ok!Revejd100Dined on 8/19/2014lotsa mosquitos and buggies outside, waiter was polite, food was good, just a Little destant in their interface with clients....I've been here before, and never experienced that....., perhaps the owners changed!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Our waiter was delightful; they had my favorite wine by the glass; the food was very good and they had a great outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Always GoodsjmstVIPDined on 7/19/2014Whenever we can’t think of here to go this is our go to place. Always good food and friendly service. Mixed crowd, Young and older.Special Features:
- Far too noisySeacliffboundDined on 7/10/2014Food was mostly good. Service was irregular with four of five diners receiving their food well before the fifth diner, whose duck--when it arrived--was partially dry. We also had to remind our waiter that we had ordered a side dish of spinach. Why the side dish didn't come more timely is a mystery to us. We might have felt interested enough to try Metropolitan Bistro again, but the restaurant was so very noisy indoors that it was hard to hear our own conversations and therefore we won't be back.Special Features:
- All around favoriteRestaurantbizkidDined on 7/4/2014Metropolitan Bistro is a true neighborhood gem...and we don't even live in the neighborhood! The food is wonderful and the service is friendly and attentive. The owner greeted us at the door every time we've been here. We love to sit outside when the weather cooperates. Inside is great too. The wood burning oven not only makes delicious food, but adds to the atmosphere. This restaurant has become our go-to, feel good restaurant. We love it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming!Silzhen2Dined on 7/2/2014Welcomed by Billy upon entering, the food and setting continued the positive theme. A window seat showcased the wild lightening & thunder outside, but our focus remained on the food. Delicious salad starter, amazing caramelized onion pizza, and cod broiled to perfection. Moist, gluten-free carrot cake finished our meal with just the hint of sweetness we needed. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!HeidiDined on 6/26/2014We received a gift certificate for Metropolitan Bistro from our son, so this was our first time dining here. (we had been here when it was Tupelo Honey) The staff was very welcoming, including the owner, who came over before we left to see how we enjoyed our meal. I ordred the chicken francaise & it was fantastic! The chicken was very tender & the sauce was so lemony & tasty...I told the owner he should "bottle" that sauce! My husband's meal (grilled steak) was also very good. We will definitely come back...maybe next time stay for the live music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisyDeeDeeVIPDined on 6/20/2014They had a live band this particular night. They were good it was just way too loud. My ears were ringing, plus I wanted to have conversation with the people I was with, which was impossible. The food wasn't great. The bread for the table was stale and the pizza I ordered was not great. I ordered the one with Rosemary and onions. It had on it ricotta cheese which it didn't state on the menu. I'm not a fan. My friend also had the white pizza and she didn't like hers either. My sister had a burger and she said that was good. Oh and the fries were good.Special Features:
- All the right ingredientsBestIngredientsVIPDined on 6/17/2014This is a go-to restaurant for so many; loved for its delicious, varied, and reliable menu, cozy ambiance and excellent staff, and GREAT weekly lineup of top notch music. Favorites are atlantic salmon, crab cakes, and the duck though I enjoy the steak, the cod, so many delicious things on the menu. The Metro even makes a terrific burger. Drinks are generous, with very good wine by the glass. Last night we sat outside - a beautiful evening. After a great dinner we moved inside to hear the awesome band and (even dance a little!). The post-dinner energy inside was so friendly and "up." People come here knowing they will have not just a delicious meal, but a delicious evening. And sometimes, like last night, it's downright special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good food!EthanDined on 6/7/2014Had dinner with family of 6. Great food, great service. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing DinnerAndreaVIPDined on 6/2/2014Nice place for a week day dinner. Service is good and no rushing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentsjmstVIPDined on 5/31/2014Always our "go to" place when we can't decide where else to go. All staff is friendly, including the owners mangers. Although, I have to say, though we have been there dozens of times, there seems to be no hint that they have ever seen us before. Food is solid, not the best, but always very good. And the place is packed up until 10pm or later. Nice soothing decor, and a good mix of patrons of all ages.Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the Metropolitan Bistro reviews archive.
- FairALFFEL58Dined on 5/16/2014Not the best dinner I have had at mb. Waitress wasn't trained to solve a problem except to say "I'm sorry". Dinners came out wrong, not as ordered and not to the correct person who ordered them. Small portions for the price .Special Features:
- Sea Cliff PleasureGolfgalDined on 5/11/2014We visited for Mother's Day and were pleasantly surprised by the special menu which included rack of lamb which was beautifully prepared and an excellent appetizer of grilled shrimp with outstanding grilled veggie mix. Gorgeous evening enhanced by lovely al fresco dining on the first real spring evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/30/2014My husband and I brought some friends there from out of town. We all had a very delicious pleasant meal. The food was good, not exceptional. The service was fine. Overall a very enjoyable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local SpotLuv2partyDined on 4/26/2014Really awesome food, service, live music. Just a fabulous time there. Highly recommend this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and popular relativelyCHASDined on 4/4/2014Excellent and popular relatively small neighborhood restaurant as bar scene takes up about half the floor space with noise level from bar reaching into diners accordingly. Live music during our meal on a Friday evening. Completely full. Food was excellent as was the service, just a bit noisy due to popularity with live music. Tables a bit tightly-placed in close proximity but no matter and cant be helped. Worthwhile and highly recommended, a bit pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood PlaceDaleTyVIPDined on 3/18/2014The food is always good. Although they could switch up the menu or add more specials. Service is excellent. Nice outdoor area. A bit on the pricey side.Special Features:
- Always a great timeLiam461VIPDined on 3/14/2014The hosts/owners , Bill & his wife, make you feel like they have know you for years. It's a energetic place with very good food. I had a Filet Mignon, reasonable priced and a very good cut, which was cooked to perfection. My companion had the salmon w/ quinoa and aruglar which was delicious. Our waitress, was attentive and we never had to search for her when we wanted anything, extra bread, water, etc. The band, which starts around 830, only adds to what was already a fun night. We love this place and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere and delicious food..LifizgudDined on 2/28/2014Fun restaurant and bar. The food is prepare in a coal fired oven. The fish and vegetables were amazing. The wait staff is very friendly. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Just OkayFelicedollVIPDined on 2/28/2014First let me say this restaurant is pretty and in a charming location in Sea Cliff. The food though, needs work. My Caesar salad with 'grilled chicken' was insulting at $17. It was small, the dressing way too mustardy, and there were 5 small pieces of overcooked chicken in it. The onion soup was delicious though. My boyfriend's burger was mediocre at best. Drink prices were on the high side. Service was just okay. It's a miss.Special Features:
- Really good all aroundcoreyman97VIPDined on 2/28/2014We all loved our dishes - salmon and cod entrees. Good reasonably pricerd wine list. Will surely be back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Smokey Grillbrunchlady1VIPDined on 2/22/2014Restaurant was packed. We had to wait a while for a table even though we had a confirmed reservation. The Manager/Owner was apologetic and kindly offered us drinks while we waited. Food was very good and service was decent, but the room was fairly noisy and too smokey from the open oven. It seems as though the ventilation system could be much improved. Our clothes and hair smelled of smoke and some of us coughed from it. I may wait to return when the weather is nicer and the doors are opened to the outside.Special Features:
- Night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014My wife and I wentcout for a long overdue dinner . Great service we both had nice dishes I had a fish dish recommended by waiter which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Note to open table - severaleatoutVIPDined on 1/31/2014Note to open table - several times when I have booked this restaurant through open table, it will not confirm until I repeatedly request confirming on the web site. This doesn't seem to happen with other restaurants. Not sure why this glitch occurs. Maybe you could check it out. But, we love this restaurant!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceconvenienceDined on 1/30/2014The evening we had dinner there was a fundraising going on so the place was booming. There was a terrific raggea band playing. In spite of the business that night, the food was very good and so was the service. All in all we had a really nice experience at Metropolitan Bistro and would recommend it. We sure will go back.Special Features:
- Amazing foodPaolaVIPDined on 1/25/2014The French onion soup is to die for as well as their freshly made potato chips. The burger came out cooked exactly as we had asked for it, and the service was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pizza and burgers relaxedkp923Dined on 1/17/2014great pizza and burgers relaxed atmosphere Thank you for a lovely evening experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live music friday nightlauraDined on 1/10/2014Know the place form previous owners/restaurants and were happily surprised that the new place was very good. Looks similar inside and the food , ambiance and live music made it a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very good dinner.CloserDined on 12/7/2013We had a very good dinner. Prices were okay for the food but the liquor prices were high.Special Features:
- good food, music, atmostpherecol17Dined on 12/6/2013Check out on first Friday of the month. Awesome local jazz trio plays. Food is great, service is attentive, ambiance is beautiful, and the music is the perfect accompaniment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Metro Bistro has become oneMandDVIPDined on 10/26/2013Metro Bistro has become one of our go-to restaurants. The staff is always welcoming and eager to please. Summertime provides pleasant outdoor seating; winter is warm and friendly. There are seasonal changes in the menu that are appealing. Although the menu is not extremely extensive, there are good choices and the food is always, fresh, tasty and prepared well. We always enjoy Metropolitan Bistro and would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!CremeBrulee03Dined on 10/19/2013It was a pleasant atmosphere and the food was very good. The owner Manager was very friendly. The waitress was competent but not as friendly As the manager. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Selection varied-somethingTopsqueezeVIPDined on 10/18/2013Selection varied-something for everyone. Honor reservation, pleasant staff , food nicely prepared and presented, I would rate it about 3 1/2 stars. Would recommend for a nice meal out.Special Features:
- Great find!!DawnGDined on 10/18/2013My husband & I had dinner here on Friday night...a great find! We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food very much and the service was pretty good, when our waitress was busy her runner helped out by brining our desserts and the manager checked on us a couple of times which was nice. I think next time though, yes we will surely go back, we will either bring some friends or book our reservation a little later. Friday night they have live music and we missed out since our reservation was 7:30 and we were finished just as the music began and I imagine if you wanted to visit with friends it might not be the best to be competing with the music but was a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemsrmfDined on 10/5/2013The service was excellent and the food terrific. WHen the waitress was too busy to helps, the hostess (ownwe?) jumped irhgt in there. One rarely sees that these days. The food was great. However the place was too noisy. It's no fun going out with friend to a wonderful dinner and having to shout all nightSpecial Features:
- as always great food, great nightsam2000Dined on 9/21/2013what a great place, wonderful food, great selections. nice staff. no wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.