Met Bar and Grill Natick
1245 Worcester St
Natick, MA 01760Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Met Bar and Grill Natick
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (508) 651-0003
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday-Tuesday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Todd Winer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room that can accommodate up to 36 people equipped with AV and Plasma TV.
- Private Party Contact: Beau 5086510003
A word from Met Bar and Grill Natick
The Met Bar & Grill is an offspring of the “modern” steakhouse which serves world class meat with an innovative approach. Located at the new Natick Collection this stylish restaurant serves classic American fare with a touch of sophistication and comfort. The menu boasts something for every appetite. Try the traditional steakhouse options which are sure to please the carnivore in you or select from the Met Creations for more inventive dishes. A main feature of the Met Bar & Grill is the Met Burger Bar where the American Iconic Classic is served. Enjoy your burger simple and traditional or custom design it with a selection of fine meats, artisanal cheeses, fresh baked buns and choices of 48 toppings from around the world. Be transported across the globe on a “burger Journey”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Met Bar and Grill Natick reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- An Unfortunate Waste of MoneyProDinerVIPDined on 11/16/2014Sadly, our visit to the Met Bar and Grill was completely disappointing. Most of the food was actually poor. I'm fairly certain rice is not supposed to be crunchy and nearly break a tooth. Though, I can say that the onion soup was flavorful and enjoyable, but that's where it ended. It even took the restaurant three times to get the bill correct. All in all, I feel like I got mugged!
- Ok if at the mallCriticaldinerVIPDined on 10/31/2014The food was ok. The brick chicken was a little over cooked and dry. Our seat was covered in crumbs when we sat down. I also hate when the table is cleared when someone is still eating their meal. It's good if you are at the mall but don't make the trip just for dinner.Special Features:
- Many happy returnsout2dineVIPDined on 10/31/2014We returned to the Met Bar for a week night burger dinner. Our waiter was very friendly and made sure to take care of us. The D.C burger in a bowl with lettuce was delicious. The burgers served on a roll are very good and large to handle, so it's easier and healthier to eat in the bowl. It comes with a side of french fries or onion strings. The salmon burger is also very good as the Fenway with a fried egg on top. They offer a large selection of draft and craft beers, another plus for dining here. Prices are very reasonable, great value. We will keep returning.Special Features:
- Empty yet crowdedrestaurantreviewDined on 10/27/2014With the restaurant nearly empty, we were placed among several (loud) groups of diners. I don't understand why the we were all placed together when there was clearly plenty of room to spread out. I ordered the stone riceSpecial Features:
- ReviewtomzDined on 10/5/2014Our restaurant experience was wonderful. The Meal and service was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GRF4 was just okayGRF4VIPDined on 10/3/2014Went to the Met bar and Grill in Natick. This was the third time we were there. It had been a while since we were there last. We were seated inside the bar area in a corner booth / table, small table awkward setup next to the entrance. The service was very good our wait staff was friendly and provided us with what ever we asked for. The food was good it came out in a reasonable amount of time. The onion soup was good and the salmon tuna tartar was good. The drinks were poured a bit on the light side had to ask if they added any liquor. second drink was normal. all in all I remembered why it had been so long since we were there last. It was just okay.
- Lovely family gatheringHealthspeakerVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had an informal family dinner at the Met. Delicious burgers, great mixed drinks, attentive service. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodAllisonDined on 9/24/2014Hummus and caprese sandwich was delicious. Drinks are very good. Service was pretty good, could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKRSVeganDined on 9/17/2014I ordered the kale salad. There wasn't much to it aside from the kale. The lemon vinaigrette was terrible and tasted like mustard or horseradish. I did request a salad change and the new one (with broccoli, I can't remember the name) was better. The falafel tasted like curry which I don't care for but it was crispy on the outdide and baked which beats fried in my book. They had a good wine list.Special Features:
- Ok this timeWasafanDined on 8/31/2014I have been to the met bar a few different times always really good food ! Thus time there took away the Brussels sprouts dish witch was amazing! The steak tips were very over cooked an one if the meals came out wrong! Service was slow but the waiter did tell us twice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014Tuesday night was beautiful: we were happy to sit outside. The service was not good. It's the details: (1) I asked to have one thing left off my dish, but two things were left off. The waiter apologized - then it took a very long time for them to fix it. (2) A couple times we had to grab a passing-by server - who would say "it's not me -- I'll get your waiter" -- and then it would be another long wait. (3) My friend asked for water with no ice. That was right, but all the refills had ice. (4) My friend just had a baby (like 3 weeks ago). It was her first beer. She asked for 1/2 a draft beer. "We can't do that." Give me a break. Of course you can. Or at least you can make an effort! Totally underwhelmed by the service. The food was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedout2dineVIPDined on 8/25/2014The Met Bar is a favorite spot and we keep returning for their large selection of healthy entrees. The staff was friendly and hostess sat us promptly. We had a choice of outdoor or indoor dining, but due to the warm weather we sat inside. Our waitress was very good and she gave us great service. We were very disappointed to learn that they were out of salmon burgers. Apparently they did not get a shipment that day. The manager came over and spoke with us after we voiced our concern. The chicken club sandwich was good, but a little dry. Onion fries were very good and crispy. They have a large selection of beers. The Brooklyn IPA was very good. I'm sure we'll return again, in hopes of ordering the salmon burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burgersNewmexdexDined on 8/15/2014This place consistently serves up the most delicious burgers. The variety is good and the meat is cooked the way you like it. I got mine medium rare, and it was served medium rare. Not like most burger joints that ask you how you want it and always serve it medium well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good backdropIwatchtoomuchfoodnetworkVIPDined on 8/5/2014The Met is a backdrop - don't go there if you want a fine dining "experience", go there if the main objective is business or social and you need a solid, high-quality meal. A friend and I met at the Met for dinner on Tuesday, We sat outside, which was really pleasant, and enjoyed great service. The drink menu was good and the drinks themselves were delicious and high-quality (I am very wary of chain restaurants and their cocktails which often taste like cough syrup to me). The menu was not super interesting, but my hanger steak was very tasty and well-prepared. We left completely satisfied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with an Old FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Overall, I had a great experience. It was my first time dining here and I have been wanting try it since we live nearby. I met a girlfriend who I had not seen in nearly 20 years and the staff was so accommodating. They gave us plenty of time to catch up, acknowledged how great our meeting was and provided us great service. My only issue was that the salmon on my salad was overcooked and there was not a lot of it. Most of my salad was spinach with some fillers, so that was disappointing. I will go back as I would like to try other items on the menu and really did have a good experience.Special Features:
- surprise wowNancyVIPDined on 7/17/2014stopped in for a quick dinner, knew about the burgers here... didn't expect the memorable rice bowl entree with salmon, and perfectly cooked vegetables - great flavors and overall presentation.... will be backSpecial Features:
- The following 321 reviews are from the Met Bar and Grill Natick reviews archive.
- Very disappointing4wolvesnowaitingVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food quality and portions have gone way down. I can’t imagine going back here again. The waiter was very good and the manager tried to make it right on the portion, but there is no making up for poor taste and poor food quality.
- Going downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/18/2014wine glasses are dirty food and services are not as good as it used to be very disappointingSpecial Features:
- OK... Could ImproveOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/30/2014My last visit was just ok. The drinks were good, as usual. The chow not as up to par as it has been in the past. Very loud.
- Good food at NatickOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014The variety of food, hamburgers, Asian fusion, reasonable portions, and prices makes this place a good evening stop after work and before or after shopping. Wine list and bar menu are also a plus. The back tables are a little dark but are comfortable for 4 or more in a party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicead123Dined on 5/17/2014Our table was poorly lit - could barely read the menus - and they did not try to seat us elsewhere with better lighting. Side orders were served alongside appetizers (and were cold by the time our entrees arrived). An order for food without cheese was delivered with cheese. And a steak ordered medium-rare came medium-well. Very disappointed.
- Good Option for the MallOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/15/2014The large and vaired menu provides a reliable spot for the whole family when visiting the Natick Mall. We like the burgers a lot and the fried chicken wings. Tried the rice bowl for the first time... interesting and very good. Always excellent cocktails and craft beers. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- excellent foodChurrascoooooDined on 5/8/2014i will def come back. food was amazing!!! comparing to a mall food this place is way beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good food for a mallJenniferDined on 4/4/2014We needed someplace to eat in the Natick Mall on our son's 16th birthday and chose the Met -- first visit. The guacamole & chips appetizer was generously portioned and delicious. Husband got dry-rub chicken wings; tasty, although we wished they'd cut off the tips and sectioned the wings (even the presentation suffered without this simple step). Two of us had the cedar miso salmon -- perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. Son had the NY strip and devoured it, along with fluffy mashed potatoes. Dulce le leche cheesecake and an order of coffee ice cream finished things off. The only downside to this place is that it is run-down; banquet fabric all ripped up, boards missing from woodwork of room divider, etc.Special Features:
- Great burgers with a twistout2dineVIPDined on 4/2/2014The place was very busy on a week night and we were seated right away. The Met Bar is a great place to go if you want a real good hamburger with a twist. They have a huge selection of burgers, salads, sandwiches and entrees. Burgers are with or without a bun. You can get a topless burger in a bowl with or without lettuce. Fries can be upgraded to a side such as a vegetable. We tried the Fenway burger in a bowl with lots of bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato. They forgot the fried egg, but we alerted a waiter and he quickly brought one over. The burgers are large and a handful to eat, but delicious. They also have a very large selection of beers and feature a monthly special entree. We enjoy coming here and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually better than thisAndrewOfCanadaVIPDined on 3/30/2014The service is good here..this visit we hit a snag with the food in ordering the "turkey hash" opening time on a Sunday...it wasn't "hash" at all but large pieces of dry turkey cubes that came with undercooked, and a few raw inside, potatoes--and this after waiting a long time. The manager was prompt in handling the issue--which we appreciated. I think overall they are better with their signature burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedGuestVIPDined on 3/21/2014We had not been to Met Bar in a while due to a less than great experience last time and unfortunately we felt the same about this visit. appetizers took a while to get to our table and within a couple bites our dinner arrived. It shouldn't be that difficult to get the timing right on this. Our favorite appetizer (Buffalo shrimp) was not as good as usual - very disappointed. My burger was great. I don't think we'll be back.
- Burger was meh...frenchchefDined on 3/21/2014I was looking forward to my $21 kobe burger., but I've had better burgers elsewhere (in Boston). It was overcooked for the medium I ordered. It also was quite thin, which made it appear that it had been pressed with a burger press, which of course will make it dry. The fries were so-so. Truffle oil frites or even a freshly cut/skin on fry would be better considering the price of the burgers. I have eaten here twice before. Once was restaurant week at the restaurant in Brookline. Steak was fantastic and we were very happy with everything. Second time it was with a group and I ordered the salmon, which was yummy but a bit inadequate given there were really no sides and the portion of the fish was small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Burgers at a MallAiredaleVIPDined on 3/14/2014Overall, very good burgers at a pretty reasonable price given the atmosphere and location. Thought the appetizer was incredibly small, but needed the space for the burgers so all good. Not sure if it's right for kids, might be a little too adventurous for some, but would recommend it to someone looking for a good burger in a pretty trendy setting.Special Features:
- Nice Mall foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/9/2014A group of us went for "Spaghetti night". Web site advertised that day (and still on). Placards on the table. Sorry, that has been discontinued. We went on a Sunday night--lots of kids and families. Wouldn't go back for date night, but for a quick lunch with friends at the Mall, it works.Special Features:
- The Met Bar & Grille was aout2dineVIPDined on 1/31/2014The Met Bar & Grille was a very busy place on a Friday night. We've been here before and like their hamburgers, so that's why we returned. The menu has a large variety of choice, especially for hamburgers. The selection is great and they offer some unique choices to try. We tried The Fenway with bacon and a fried egg topped on the burger which was delicious. The burgers are a bit large to handle, so come hungry. Fries are very crispy. The Met also has a variety of micro beers to chose from. Our server was busy, but he gave us good service and it didn't take long to have the meal come out. Besides burgers and sandwiches they have salads and full dinners. Some of the entrees have a gourmet flair. Good value, worth the visit.Special Features:
- second time not as charmingpickyshrimpDined on 1/17/2014We had been so surprised and delighted with our first visit to the met bar-super interesting food combined with a nice, grown up bar/restaurant atmosphere - that we were excited to come back and try a few other things on the extensive menu. Unfortunately, the second time around was not as charming - same great scene and excellent service, but my "mini burgers" - sliders" were served virtually cold (thankfully the fries were hot and perfect) and my cesaer salad had a dressing more reminiscent of thousand island than cesaer. My dining partner tried the new york strip, which he found to be pretty average, although he thought the smashed potatoes were a great accompaniment. Hoping it was just an overly busy Friday night as this is a cute spot.Special Features:
- Nice Spot in the MallOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 1/17/2014I typically order a burger here and it's always very good. Round it off with a nice micro brew beer and it's a great option for a casual meal with our kids when we're in the mall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreDiningOutVIPDined on 1/16/2014it was a good atmosphere, but the burger was very average and i substituted the kale salad for fries, and it was full of grit, which was very unpleasant. Plus, they dont give any OpenTable points which is disappointing. Doubt I' will go back anytime soon.
- Burgers!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2014Will be one of the best burgers you will ever have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, fresh, and healthy mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2014Pan-seared tuna was very good. Stone rice bowl had fresh, interesting veggies. Everything was quickly prepared and hot. Service was good. Waiters were very attentive. Seated at "the windows", view is of bare trees and parked cars. Door opening to outside was slightly drafty on a cold day. Dining room next time or bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDuSegDined on 12/23/2013We have been to the Met Bar here and newton and Boston.......we always enjoy it.....the menu offers a good variety of items.......the drinks are delicious and the service is excellent.....whether we sit at the bar for two or at a table for six.......have had lunch and dinner there....will continue to eat at The Met Bar......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food, Terrible ServiceSydneyVIPDined on 12/13/2013We hadn't dined at The Met in several years so were excited to go. The menu is extensive, which I actually find a detriment -- it's hard to get through all the lists of items and I really wonder if they do them all well. That said, 2 of us ordered burgers, 1 steak tips and 1 had onion soup and fries. We also had the housemade guacamole. The guacamole was good, but salty, the steak sauce was overpowering, and the onion soup was fair. The burgers were good, but nothing special. But the service was horrendous. We had a waiter who didn't every listen to the whole request, took forever to bring back drinks, food, refills, etc., pretty much ignored our table for much of the time. We would have to think twice before returning.
- I expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/5/2013The tune/salmon tartare was only salmon I had ordered a salad because I wanted something fresh; it was soaked in dressing and cheese. I could barely see green
- Totally AwesomeServiceAceVIPDined on 11/29/2013Wonderful as usual. The menu as good as Met Back Bay (probably identical). Our server was very attentive and helpful. We had a very pleasant dining experience. The food was well prepared and spot on as orderedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.