14 East Campbell Ave.
Roanoke, VA 24011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.metroroanoke.com/
- Phone: 5403456645
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Andy Schlosser
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Metro! our mezzanine level is available for groups from 20 to 150 and overlooking the restaurant. Whether celebrating with family and friends or hosting a corporate event, Metro! can make your event one to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Janet Schlosser 8559702752
- Entertainment: Modern Headliner DJ's plus live music during the week Downtempo and house music plus the latest club hits with a unique twist
A word from Metro!
Metro! Refined American Cuisine in a stylish Metropolitan AtmosphereContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Metro! - Best Restaurants in Roanoke ›
Metro! reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)fit for foodies (19)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (11)good for groups (9)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend and I had a very good time dining at Metro. We enjoyed everything and we are def coming back for a Valentine's day dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Metro - Roanoke VAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014This was a special occasion - Parent's Weekend at Roanoke College. We had heard of this restaurant but it had always been overshadowed by other local haunts. We have been missing this one for 4 years! Too bad! The restaurant itself was very clean and tastefully decorated. Tables were comfortable. We dined outdoors and found street noise to be a little high, but otherwise the experience was enjoyable. Service was a little on the slow side (perhaps due to the crowded dining room) but the manager was attentive and helpful. Food was nothing short of fantastic. Sushi rolls and Sashimi Bowl are highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent LunchTyme2DineDined on 9/13/2014Lunch on Oct 13th was very enjoyable. The restaurant was not crowded for lunch that day so if was very quite. Shrimp and grits is not something I normally order but I did and it was fantastic, the collards under the creamy grits were seasoned wonderfully, the whole plate was fragrant, the tomato added a great acidity to really lighten up the dish. I would definitely order this again. The Ahi tuna roll was good and fresh. Our friends ordered the fried oysters which were delightful, and the crab cake which unfortunately was a little dry but well seasoned. Overall a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatVIPDined on 9/7/2014Food was good very pretty place our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something has changed for the worsemjjmVIPDined on 9/6/2014Metro had been one of our favorite restaurants in the area ( there are very few decent ones ); but this time the experience was extremely disappointing. The Menu is no longer interesting and the food was not well prepared. The foie gras was tough and the dim sum was deep fried and tasteless.
- reviews list food no longer servedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Most of those listings were the creative foods we wanted to see when we chose this spot. What we found was good food, but not out of the box exciting as touted in the foodie reviews. Our server was polite, attentive, and kind, but not trained in the food. Every question we asked had to go to the kitchen for clarification. A melon salad we had was some of the best melon I've ever had - truly good food sourcing. But it was touted as a melon salad, and was really a ham salad. I liked the ham, but you might think that the server would guess my wife was not eating the meat, by all the questions we asked including "hold the bacon" on the fried green tomato.Special Features:
- A Star in RoanokeMickVIPDined on 8/17/2014I ate at the bar on a slow Sunday night. Excellent beer list, with unusual selections. My Kobe burger was awesome, not to mention a very rich dark chocolate dessert. Personable bar tender and friendly, low key staff.Special Features:
- SharonVIPDined on 8/15/2014The place looks is very modern, clean, and fun atmosphere, but food was a little less to be desired. The Gazpacho was not very good - too mushy and tasteless. The lobster mac & cheese was rubbery and tasted like it had been made a long time ago and heated up in the microwave. My husband's steak, though, was very tasty and served just right. The wait staff was excellent and knowledgeable about the building and area. Sorry, I really was hoping this would be a gem. (The noise level was quiet, but we were there after the lunch crowd.)
- Spectacular Service!!!EnriqueDined on 8/7/2014The Service was great, Jennifer was our hostess and did an amazing job serving us. The food and ambience of the place was very good!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerbbhokineerDined on 7/31/2014The corner table with pillows great. Wait staff amazing ...worked together to make great experience... Did not mention that it was a special occasion but the normal service made us feel it was... Server great knowledge of menu....suggestions fantastic and the quality/quantity of apps, entrée's, and desserts more than enough. Scallops the most tender we have ever had opportunity to enjoy (we are not rookies on these either).. Prime rib special very good and horseradish cream sauce excellent....tempura cauliflower app was amazing (don't be surprised if it reminds you of an Asian chicken dish....yes chicken lol)....thanks Metro...you made a special evening special in more ways than one....we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Birthday FunyummyRoanokeDined on 7/26/2014I invited a group of great friends to meet me at Metro! to celebrate my birthday. Every single person on staff was delightfully charming and respectful. Drinks were unique and delicious, appetizer was hearty and very sharable, and the dinner was fabulous. We shared the lump crab dip and I had the scallops st. jacques. Both were hot, flavorful, and fantastic. For dessert, Metro! surprised me with a personal dish of dark chocolate pot au creme--amazing! Pair all of that with a fruity peach bourbon over crushed ice and fruity white sangria. A night of deliciousness for sure.Special Features:
- Emphasis on Large PortionsLampedusa7990VIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was plentiful but not necessarily flavorful. Service was friendly and efficient. Large TV screen was visible in dining area.
- Great places but not for sushi.msajfarDined on 7/15/2014The appetizers were fantastic. The Hanger Steak was perfect. Unfortunately the sushi left a lot to be desired. Even the spicy tuna roll was very bland. I'd definitely go back, but I'd stay off the sushi menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something delicious for everyoneFoodieluvDined on 7/12/2014We went for a Birthday celebration, and we each were satisfied with the whole experience, food and cocktails. You must try the sushi which Metro has put their own delicious and exciting spin on each roll. My husband enjoyed the prime rib, and my mother-in-law was very pleased with the rack of lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate too muchFoodlover66Dined on 7/4/2014We ate here on a long weekend as we passed through Roanoke. The menu had so many tempting items we ordered way too much! Shrimp and grits was delicious, a little different with kale in it. The mussels appetizer was delicious. Fried green tomatoes was a huge plate-ful with tasty tomatoes, homemade mozzarella and greens. The fried oysters were good and the dim sum sampler a delicious, large presentation. The gazpacho was unusual with watermelon, but so tasty! We were a party of 3 and shared everything, and could not finish it all. I would love to eat here again and recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Roanoke Embrace MetroDarganVIPDined on 7/2/2014Seldom has a local chef been so impressive and creative. Stopped for an overnight and fell in love. Squash blossoms stuffed with lobster--not cloying or a gimmick, just plain good. Beef marrow roasted in the bone and split for serving with crostini--don't be afraid--a little healthy bone fat will add years to your life. And the Foie Pho--fun, interesting and very yummy. And, last but not least, for pork belly lovers, the main with squash and beans. The belly was so good it did not need the bbq sauce, but easy to scrape that off. So sorry no room left for the fried oysters. Back to Metro on my next trip south.Special Features:
- Fantastic Night with friendsTaborDDined on 6/30/2014We took one of our friends out to Metro for her BDay. She had never been, but kept hearing great things about "Metro" since she had moved to Roanoke from DC 2 years ago. What a great BDay experience for her. Fantastic food & drinks. The staff at Metro are OUTSTANDING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamilymomFamilymomDined on 6/20/2014We have been to Metro for several years, but during our last visit we discovered the food is still tasty but the quantity has decreased. You hate to pay $38 for a steak and then have your husband and son leave hungry! The cigar boxes they used to serve the bread left me with a bad feeling since the one they gave us had fingerprints on it when it was served at our table. You would think they could at least wipe the boxes off but they obviously don't! How gross! We still love the ambience and wine selections and the food was still upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, vibe "over the top"KMLiveDined on 6/18/2014The food and cocktails were very good - I had a scollop dish and my friend had a walnut salad and sushi roll. Service was excellent. But the overall feel of the restaurant has so much going on that it makes an impression of trying too hard - disco ball, bread in cigar boxes, crazy blue tile bathroom, triangle butter, etc. In my opinion, they can take it down a notch, make the environment more relaxed, and let the food speak for itself. This was my first time in Roanoke and I was in town for work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Ambitious?HenryVIPDined on 6/10/2014Big menu but only a few dishes that we had were even fair. Fish tacos suffered from scorched and "gassy" tortillas plus bland fish. Ceviche was good as was bouillabaisse. Soft shell crab wasn't crisply done. Fried oysters had a good taste but were over done. Cauliflower had good tastes but suffered from the same "gassy" taste as well. Good service and a very nice room.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2014I brought my wife here for our anniversary and the staff could not have treated us better. They made us feel special and the food was excellent. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok, service was greatTylerlewis62Dined on 6/8/2014The dim sum was amazing. When we started the night off with that we thought that it would be amazing. Both my wife and I got our entrees and they were ok. Nothing phenomenal like the first course. I would have to say that other than the dim sum, the jewel of our night was bailey. The service was great from her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 288 reviews are from the Metro! reviews archive.
- Lovely celebration dinnerCBearDined on 5/30/2014My 17 year old chose to celebrate the end of a great school year with dinner at Metro. The hip ambiance is just her style. Much to choose from but she ordered from the special sushi roll menu (and at half price before 6:30 a real bargain) my husband loved his shrimp and grits while I ordered fried oysters to share and Mussels as an entree. Cremery brûlée for dessert...everything delicious! Thanks to Dexter for the great service. Hadn't been down here for awhile. Glad we checked it out again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Night at MetroSpecialdinersDined on 5/29/2014Our party of three enjoyed a wonderful meal. The service was outstanding, ambience was just right, and the food was absolutely the best. We highly recommend Metro for those special occasions when you deserve the very best.Special Features:
- roanoke dinningsteveoncapeDined on 5/12/2014My first trip to roanoke,in years and picked Metro after reading reviews! A great evening, with our friends and the only issue we all had, was making a choice from their huge menu!Special Features:
- Late LunchprivateVIPDined on 5/10/2014This was a great restaurant. Matthew was an attentive waiter. The food was different and fun. I look forward to returning for an evening occasion.
- The drinks were good!CjramDined on 4/27/2014My date ordered the lobster mac, the lobster was overcooked and tough and the Mac was watery and flavorless... I wouldn't recommend it. Then I got the 10oz steak frites and he ordered the kobe burger. He said the burger was good. The steak was pretty good, the fries were great. I ordered the goombay smash cocktail, it was delicious. Our waiter was great! Waters were always full, very attentive and helpful. Although there was only 1 other group in the restaurant... He was a 5 star waiter.Special Features:
- A Roanoke Must!AllyDined on 4/19/2014My boyfriend and I intended only to spend the day in Roanoke, but found the city quite charming, so decided to make it into a special Easter weekend! While grabbing a drink at the Hotel Roanoke's Pine Room Pub, we were trying to decide where to go for dinner. We had it narrowed down to a few places and then settled on Metro (we'd wanted to go earlier in the day, but missed the lunch hours). We didn't know what to expect, but had read good reviews and once we got there we were ecstatic! The service was incredible! The whole staff was so attentive and caring. The food was AMAZING, the wine list was impressive, and the cocktails were not to be missed out on! We really enjoyed it and will definitely go back next time we visit Roanoke!Special Features:
- Still DeliciousMWViennaVIPDined on 4/11/2014The risotto and bouillabaisse were both wonderful! I just wish they would turn off the big screen TV and play more appropriate music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio diningFoodloverDined on 3/31/2014I had the most amazing experience at metro on Monday. The weather was perfect to sit out on the patio which was set nicely and had candles on every table. Our server Matthew was very knowledgable about the menu and was able to help us pick out a bottle of wine to pair well with our first and second courses. The cheese plate we started out with was incredible with five different types of cheeses and plenty of extras to try with the cheeses. The entrees we chose ( beef short rib and filet) were tasty and cooked perfectly. I will definitely recommend metro to friends and can't wait to come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchfrequentdinerVIPDined on 3/30/2014Came for brunch with a friend and I was not disappointed. I always enjoy bringing family, friends, or my special someone along with me as we are always treated with amazing service and great food. Jared waited on us and was very attentive throughout while not being obtrusive. Class actSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another successful eveningfrequentdinerVIPDined on 3/27/2014Another successful evening thanks to AMAZING food and wonderful service!Special Features:
- Great for a Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014Love the atmosphere, delicious sushi, and great bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2014We were entertaining out-of-town co-workers, and wanted them to have a favorable impression of the dining scene in Roanoke. Choosing Metro! seemed like the perfect choice - especially on St. Patrick's Day when so many other venues would be packed, we opted for a quiet restaurant where we could discuss business, and even celebrate one of our co-worker's birthday. The food was excellent. We had 3 appetizers to share - A California Roll, Bleu Cheese Gnoochi, and a Cheese Plate with Crostini Bread. Our guests raved over the Bleu Cheese Gnoochi. Dinner was scrumptious. I was particularly fond of the She Crab Soup. The service was as good as the food! Can't go wrong, choosing Metro!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner40yearsDined on 3/14/2014We hadn't been to the Metro in a year or so,but the menu still contained some excellent choices for a special occasion dinner. I can recommend the lamb shanks, maybe the best I've ever had and it's a favorite of mine.Also the walnut salad, very delicious. It was an early dinner, so it wasn't very busy, and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texan delightTexan4steakDined on 2/22/2014First and foremost the service was impeccable. Born and raised in Texas I think of myself as a steak conasaur and the 16oz was honestly the best steak I have ever had and that says a lot coming from me. The atmosphere is amazing and has a relaxing romantic setting however if your looking for alittle after hours fun the bar turns into a fun entertaining place after hours. I would recommend this place to anyone that appreciates great service, and amazingly great food. The price was less than what I expected. ( wine, appetizer, main course, and desert came in around 88.00 for 2 people ) such great service I tipped 40.00. So if your from out of town and looking for a great place this is definitely it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best spots in Roanoke.HantiniDined on 2/16/2014Metro was a great choice for a late Valentines Day dinner. The service was perfect, the food was great, and the atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014I dined at this wonderful establishment this past week with a few friends and it was everything I hoped it would be. Fantastic environement, fabulous service, and the most creative and exquisite food and drink selections available in the Roanoke valley. To say my company and I had a terrific experience wouldn't express the degree of satisfaction that can be had at Metro!. We will certainly return for both dinner and nightlife. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- Wonderful time at metro!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014I had an absolute wonderful time at metro! The food was soo delicious and the atmosphere fit perfectly with the lovely dinner I anticipated with my friends and coworkers. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for any occasion. The bar had a wonderful selection and the lounge area was very warming. Thank you Metro for my lovely evening with my friends and coworkers.Special Features:
- Wine and DineEballDined on 2/11/2014My Friends and I came to eat one a quite Tuesday night, The Staff was amazing, serviced our every need (even when some members of our party were very late) They kept us entertained and happy, the food was perfect, and all in all an amazing time for my friends and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.