378 Alexander Road
Princeton, NJ 08540Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metrogrills.net/
- Phone: 6094543121
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have full service catering available and seating for up to 100 people. Private dining room for smaller groups also available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for 16 and 50 and 100 guests
- Private Party Contact: Whitney 6094543121
- Special Events: Call us for your next special event!
A word from Metro North
Metro North featuring Italian Entrees, Seafood, Grilled Meats, Salads, Burgers, Sandwiches, Appetizers & Pizza. Along with your favorite cocktail,g lass of wine or beer on tap there is something for everyone. Reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere. Located at 378 Alexander Road in Princeton, New Jersey with ample parking we also have seating for large parties up to 100 plus and outside dining on our patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Metro North reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (51)great for outdoor dining (42)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (26)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (22)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- Jeff37Dined on 10/26/2014THIS WAS OUR FIRST VISIT TO METRO NORTH. THE MENU WAS DIVERSE AND THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. PORTIONS WERE LARGE, FOOD CAME OUT HOT AND WELL SEASONED. ALL IN ALL A PLEASURABLE DINING EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014The food was good but not thrilled with sitting near the bar.
- Great spot for dinner!ParentdatenightDined on 10/25/2014Found metro north on trip advisor & we were not disappointed. They had a great selection for dinner - I had the wasabi encrusted scallops (special) and they were awesome! Staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealEWHelenDined on 10/23/2014Had dinner Pre theatre and was very pleased. Eight of us all enjoyed our various dinners. Not one complaint!Special Features:
- H.S, Friends monthly lunchDickDined on 10/21/2014Good venue for lunch and friendship. Great ambience! and food. Ample food selections on menu to everyone's satisfactionSpecial Features:
- Noisy but Great FoodFlushingFirstTimersDined on 10/18/2014Restaurants frequently turn over at this location and we have been at this restaurant several times. Each time the food is very good as is the service. In this case we had a delicious salad with pecans, blue cheese and cranberries each and a salmon entree and a blackened scallops over mushroom risotto entree. Each time, however, the noise level is very high. It is not only due to the number of large parties but to inadequate insulation or some other structural defect. As long as you do not intend to have an intimate conversation, the food is worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great atmosphere - food and service good as well. Good bar - nice place for groups. Lots of parking. Easy to get to. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Princeton site-easy accessGene3hornFSUFDined on 10/18/2014Metro North is easy to after visiting Princeton for the theatre or browsing the Nassau street scene. It is south on Alexander Rd away from the hub-bub with reasonable parking. Nice venue, menu is varied, food is good+, but drinks at the bar are rather expensive. There are tables near the bar and others further away in a more traditional dining room setting. Definitely recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OutandAboutDined on 10/15/2014Overall the food selection, service and ambience was delightful. I will return to try other items on the menu. Portions were substantial for lunch menu. Great find in Princeton with free parking to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great!MelissaDined on 10/11/2014Met college friends here 2x. Both times I have had the Butterfish which was delicious! We definitely camped at our table....last ones there. Server was patient, attentive and kind even after we overstayed. We enjoyed talking to bartenders during a nightcap!Special Features:
- Not GreatPenelopeDined on 10/11/2014This is our last visit to this restaurant. We've been here numerous times in the past, and the food is just ok. The menu is uninspired, and the specials don't seem to change much. It would be a good idea for the owner/manager of the restaurant to walk around and ask patrons how their meal is. His interaction is to walk patrons to their seats, but this isn't good enough given the quality of the food! Skip this restaurant until they decide to up their game.
- Always excellentNancyDined on 10/10/2014I have been to Metro many times and have never not gotten an excellent meal!Special Features:
- Menu with lots of optionsPattyDined on 10/9/2014Never had a bad meal here. A very convenient location for Princeton, NJ. Parking for the restaurant!! Everyone at the restaurant is friendly and accommodating. A great place for brunch, lunch or dinner with family and friends!Special Features:
- Nice for a Lunch Meeting but...JMcKnyDined on 10/8/2014...not a location to impress a client. Food is average and the interior needs a freshening (I recall some of the chairs have splits in the coverings). The service was good and attentive.
- Food was greatGenefireDined on 10/4/2014Our server Joann was pleasurable, big smile, made us feel at home. I got a special beef tips, wild mushrooms and gnocchi...slam dunk, wife got the pasta salmon, it was light tasty and she really enjoyed. The bacon wrapped shrimp app was good, the mango bits were not me, but wife gave it 2 thumbs up. My only wish was better landscaping. We sat in the back by an 8 foot window. The landscaping film was coming up, the mulch was old and kinda weedy, lawn needed a trim. That really didn't take away overall experience. Definitely would recommend. This was 9th anniversary for us, no kids night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrissyDined on 10/4/2014my husband and i celebrated our first year wedding anniversary here and we absolutely love this place! we call it "our place". we always enjoy the specials and the menu- the service is wonderful!!! keep up the good work :)Special Features:
- wonderful servicevpfamilyDined on 10/1/2014We were there with my elderly mom and the owner and our server Mary were very accommodating and concernedthat she was comfortable .Mary was very attentive and had a great sense of humor. Bravo.Special Features:
- Dadster53dadster53Dined on 9/29/2014Good service, tasty Italian food with a modern twist. Reasonably priced. Multiple visits has never disappointedSpecial Features:
- SloooooowJjgnVIPDined on 9/27/2014When a restaurant has a private party that should not affect service. If it does then you close the main room or you bring in more staff.
- DinnerluvtoeatDined on 9/20/2014I have been here two times and both times it was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular spot, could be better.hp078Dined on 9/20/2014Their menu is not typically Italian. Bread served cold and been standing. I ordered veal parmigiana which was tough. The pasta however was well prepared. We arrived at 7pm Saturday and 2 key basics on the daily special were already out (not Italian, e.g. short ribs). In fairness, Saturday is tough because of the importance of turnover, although we were not rushed. Did order an expresso; never came and not charged.Special Features:
- A great go toLoveFishVIPDined on 9/20/2014Back to Metro North as last time I ordered from the regular menu, so I had to try a special and was not disappointed. Salmon was cooked perfectly and the mushroom appetizer is a do not miss, steam rising from the pot and delicious! Must leave room for dessert one day, hard to do with the generous portions!Special Features:
- A Great Place to EntertainTomandDianeDined on 9/15/2014I've been to Metro North at least a dozen times, always with my husband or friends. This was the first time I took business clients. Everyone thought it was great. The appetizers were unique, delicious and big enough to share around the table. The waitress was knowledgeable about the food and able to direct one of my guests to gluten free items. The atmosphere was great for conversation and every entree had an interesting twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv this place.luv2dineoutDined on 9/9/2014I only wish this place was closer to our home. We will definitely return the next time we are in New Jersey. Everything was perfect from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoxyTDined on 9/5/2014Had a quick dinner before attending a play at McCarter. Service was good and the food was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LottofjoyDined on 9/4/2014Good martinis! And, we love the crabmeat concoction at the end of the specials menu.Special Features:
- Not Bad, Not GreatBobRDined on 8/23/2014Four of us ate here. Three had fair meals, one was poor. We all had different seafood dishes. which were in need of seasoning. Mine was a Fra Diavlo dish in name only. We had the clams casino and one had a blue cheese wedge salad as an appetizer which were all quite good.We should have stopped there. Everything that followed was not memorable. We all said we would go back again and just have drinks and app.Special Features:
- Real GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014A friend recommended this restaurant annd I was not disappointed.. We ate outside on a beautiful day for lunch in August. Lunch was delicious and food was very fresh. Our waitress was attentive and did a nice job. The facilities are very well appointed andd would be a great place for a special event.Special Features:
- Mediocre MetroGolfpugDined on 8/20/2014Unlike the reviews I saw on Yelp, this is one of disappointment. We were expecting an upscale dining experience. It was empty on a Tuesday night, we did not need a reservation.The restaurant was not a white tablecloth one and the food was mediocre. Our appetizers were decent. We ordered calamari, the eggplant tower, and one other that I can not remember. The bread was warm, and our wine, a chianti, was fine. However, the veal cutlet was thick, not pounded, and the sauce was bland. My husband enjoyed his veal saltimboca but the other three of us did not even come close to even finishing the veal parm. All in all, not what we expected and we were very disappointed. There are too many good restaurants in Princeton to return to this one.Special Features:
- Loved this place!lovethatfoodDined on 8/20/2014Our first time here was wonderful! The decor is lovely and the food is fantastic. We all enjoyed our dinner, drinks, and dessert and can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all aroundJjgnVIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything was good, nice atmosphere, sauces were tasty, had a decent wine list not a large number of menu choices thoughI would recommend this to a friend.
- nice space, but chillylindenDined on 8/13/2014On a beautiful summer evening, the outdoor tables were full so we ate inside. Even with long pants and a sweater it was cold. The bar was very active. Food was fine, with enough options for the whole family.Special Features:
- A very pleasant evening.KathleenDined on 8/10/2014We met friends here, as we often do, and had a lovely meal.Special Features:
- nonicknameVIPDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful service, delicious salads and perfectly cooked pasta. Noticed that families with young children were dining outside in the beautiful weather. An ideal situation for both parents and other patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time not Last TimeEBFoodieDined on 8/2/2014We set out to find a restaurant between our daughter's apartment and our house where we could meet for dinner. A friend had suggested Metro North in the past so we decided to try it. It was a beautiful night so we sat outdoors. The menu was large and there were several Chef's Specials. Our waitress, Mary, was very engaging and helpful deciding on what to choose. We opted to share the Lobster and Grits appetizer. It was delicious. Our entrees were just as good. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was greatJeanfromnjDined on 8/2/2014The food was really outstanding..veal marsala delicious, salmon dishes excellent. Its very pretty, has a nice vibe and if the weather is goog eating outside is lovely.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor tablesBobLDined on 7/30/2014We hit it on a great night for an outdoor table - one of the best features of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently greatraredinerDined on 7/26/2014summer time, was easy to get last minute reservation. Had visitors and decided to go here since we've been happy here before. We don't eat out that much, so when we do we want to go somewhere we enjoy. They did not disappoint. Food was tasty, presentation was lovely, and waiter was very accommodating. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- NiceluvtoeatDined on 7/25/2014I work in Ewing, NJ and go to Metro there for lunch sometimes. It's nice inside and the food was good. As I was leaving I grabbed a business card and noticed there was another Metro in Princeton, NJ. Well, I live near Princeton so I made a reservation for 2. We ate outside, but going through the restaurant to get to the patio I was real impressed with the décor. Both myself and my husband were very happy. We eat out a lot and this is definitely a place we will be visiting often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs downStevewDined on 7/23/2014The first time I ate at Metro North was with friends after a show at McCarter. The service and food was excellent. I raved about it to my wife so we went for our wedding anniversary. The waiter was subpar and we shouldn't have to ask for our drinks to be refilled as he would walk by our table and not even look down. I ordered the veal and it had a funny taste to it so I gave my wife a piece and she said it tasted like the fridge. Not once was our anniversary mentioned so maybe open table did not forward this information. My opinion of Metro North this time around is thumbs down.Special Features: