378 Alexander Road
Princeton, NJ 08540Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metrogrills.net/
- Phone: 6094543121
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have full service catering available and seating for up to 100 people. Private dining room for smaller groups also available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms are available for 16 and 50 and 100 guests
- Private Party Contact: Whitney 6094543121
- Special Events: Call us for your next special event!
A word from Metro North
Metro North featuring Italian Entrees, Seafood, Grilled Meats, Salads, Burgers, Sandwiches, Appetizers & Pizza. Along with your favorite cocktail,g lass of wine or beer on tap there is something for everyone. Reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere. Located at 378 Alexander Road in Princeton, New Jersey with ample parking we also have seating for large parties up to 100 plus and outside dining on our patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Metro North reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (50)great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (32)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (23)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (12)scenic view (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Popular spot, could be better.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Their menu is not typically Italian. Bread served cold and been standing. I ordered veal parmigiana which was tough. The pasta however was well prepared. We arrived at 7pm Saturday and 2 key basics on the daily special were already out (not Italian, e.g. short ribs). In fairness, Saturday is tough because of the importance of turnover, although we were not rushed. Did order an expresso; never came and not charged.Special Features:
- A great go toLoveFishVIPDined on 9/20/2014Back to Metro North as last time I ordered from the regular menu, so I had to try a special and was not disappointed. Salmon was cooked perfectly and the mushroom appetizer is a do not miss, steam rising from the pot and delicious! Must leave room for dessert one day, hard to do with the generous portions!Special Features:
- A Great Place to EntertainTomandDianeDined on 9/15/2014I've been to Metro North at least a dozen times, always with my husband or friends. This was the first time I took business clients. Everyone thought it was great. The appetizers were unique, delicious and big enough to share around the table. The waitress was knowledgeable about the food and able to direct one of my guests to gluten free items. The atmosphere was great for conversation and every entree had an interesting twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv this place.luv2dineoutDined on 9/9/2014I only wish this place was closer to our home. We will definitely return the next time we are in New Jersey. Everything was perfect from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoxyTDined on 9/5/2014Had a quick dinner before attending a play at McCarter. Service was good and the food was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LottofjoyDined on 9/4/2014Good martinis! And, we love the crabmeat concoction at the end of the specials menu.Special Features:
- Not Bad, Not GreatBobRDined on 8/23/2014Four of us ate here. Three had fair meals, one was poor. We all had different seafood dishes. which were in need of seasoning. Mine was a Fra Diavlo dish in name only. We had the clams casino and one had a blue cheese wedge salad as an appetizer which were all quite good.We should have stopped there. Everything that followed was not memorable. We all said we would go back again and just have drinks and app.Special Features:
- Real GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014A friend recommended this restaurant annd I was not disappointed.. We ate outside on a beautiful day for lunch in August. Lunch was delicious and food was very fresh. Our waitress was attentive and did a nice job. The facilities are very well appointed andd would be a great place for a special event.Special Features:
- Mediocre MetroGolfpugDined on 8/20/2014Unlike the reviews I saw on Yelp, this is one of disappointment. We were expecting an upscale dining experience. It was empty on a Tuesday night, we did not need a reservation.The restaurant was not a white tablecloth one and the food was mediocre. Our appetizers were decent. We ordered calamari, the eggplant tower, and one other that I can not remember. The bread was warm, and our wine, a chianti, was fine. However, the veal cutlet was thick, not pounded, and the sauce was bland. My husband enjoyed his veal saltimboca but the other three of us did not even come close to even finishing the veal parm. All in all, not what we expected and we were very disappointed. There are too many good restaurants in Princeton to return to this one.Special Features:
- Loved this place!lovethatfoodDined on 8/20/2014Our first time here was wonderful! The decor is lovely and the food is fantastic. We all enjoyed our dinner, drinks, and dessert and can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all aroundJjgnDined on 8/15/2014Everything was good, nice atmosphere, sauces were tasty, had a decent wine list not a large number of menu choices thoughI would recommend this to a friend.
- nice space, but chillylindenDined on 8/13/2014On a beautiful summer evening, the outdoor tables were full so we ate inside. Even with long pants and a sweater it was cold. The bar was very active. Food was fine, with enough options for the whole family.Special Features:
- A very pleasant evening.KathleenDined on 8/10/2014We met friends here, as we often do, and had a lovely meal.Special Features:
- nonicknameVIPDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful service, delicious salads and perfectly cooked pasta. Noticed that families with young children were dining outside in the beautiful weather. An ideal situation for both parents and other patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time not Last TimeEBFoodieDined on 8/2/2014We set out to find a restaurant between our daughter's apartment and our house where we could meet for dinner. A friend had suggested Metro North in the past so we decided to try it. It was a beautiful night so we sat outdoors. The menu was large and there were several Chef's Specials. Our waitress, Mary, was very engaging and helpful deciding on what to choose. We opted to share the Lobster and Grits appetizer. It was delicious. Our entrees were just as good. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was greatJeanfromnjDined on 8/2/2014The food was really outstanding..veal marsala delicious, salmon dishes excellent. Its very pretty, has a nice vibe and if the weather is goog eating outside is lovely.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor tablesBobLDined on 7/30/2014We hit it on a great night for an outdoor table - one of the best features of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently greatraredinerDined on 7/26/2014summer time, was easy to get last minute reservation. Had visitors and decided to go here since we've been happy here before. We don't eat out that much, so when we do we want to go somewhere we enjoy. They did not disappoint. Food was tasty, presentation was lovely, and waiter was very accommodating. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- NiceluvtoeatDined on 7/25/2014I work in Ewing, NJ and go to Metro there for lunch sometimes. It's nice inside and the food was good. As I was leaving I grabbed a business card and noticed there was another Metro in Princeton, NJ. Well, I live near Princeton so I made a reservation for 2. We ate outside, but going through the restaurant to get to the patio I was real impressed with the décor. Both myself and my husband were very happy. We eat out a lot and this is definitely a place we will be visiting often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs downStevewDined on 7/23/2014The first time I ate at Metro North was with friends after a show at McCarter. The service and food was excellent. I raved about it to my wife so we went for our wedding anniversary. The waiter was subpar and we shouldn't have to ask for our drinks to be refilled as he would walk by our table and not even look down. I ordered the veal and it had a funny taste to it so I gave my wife a piece and she said it tasted like the fridge. Not once was our anniversary mentioned so maybe open table did not forward this information. My opinion of Metro North this time around is thumbs down.Special Features:
- Alfa 1Alfa1Dined on 7/15/2014We have been coming to Metro North for the past three years. The food and the service are always consistent.Special Features:
- great foodCarolineDined on 7/10/2014food is very good, exactly as described and very fresh! outside patio for lunch is perfect on a beautiful daySpecial Features:
- Always a great mealLOU27VIPDined on 6/28/2014This is one of my family's go to restaurant on Friday nights. We love the food. You can go wrong.Special Features:
- Metro NorthKathyDined on 6/28/2014We love eating at Metro North. I have recommended the restaurant to different people and everyone is always happy with the food, service and atmosphere. The prices are good and it's a great place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before Theater au plein airvisitorDined on 6/27/2014Metro North is such a short distance from McCarter theater that a delightful light (or heavy if you want) dinner outside next to the garden is just perfect. We both had salad (small is actually large) and the ingredients were fresh and delightful. We talked too long, but we were so close to the theater we made it by curtain anyway.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance and servicePilotsmomDined on 6/25/2014Lunch menu is varied enough and they serve liquor. Free ample parking and nice interior are pluses. My lobster quiche was a bit dry but the service was fine. Prices are reasonable for Princeton area and it's a nice option if you don't want to deal with downtown parking issues or construction on local roads. Clean and comfortable setting with tables and cozy booth type seating as well as outdoor area in summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!!CharleyDined on 6/24/2014Once again, fabulous. Do yourself a favor and get the Butterfish. It has become a permanent "Chefs Special" and is well deserved. Perfect appetizer, Mama's Meatballs, better than my wife's, and even she admits that! This is a consistently good and satisfying restaurant.Special Features:
- review for June 21, 2014J62114Dined on 6/21/2014The weather was ideal for outdoor dining and the food was spectacular. We love it at Metro North and will return.Special Features:
- Quiet relaxing early dinneMikeWVIPDined on 6/21/2014Haven't been here for a while, we decided to go for an early dinner. Had a nice quiet time sitting outside. Service was good and we thoroughly enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so American Italian Bar-EateryPickyPickyDined on 6/15/2014Reminded me of a 1960's restaurant. Pretty (but buggy) outdoor dining patio, dark and gloomy interior. Pleasant, but slow, service. Huge portions of unnecessarily caloric typical American 'Italian" food. (Caveat: The plain green salad was good.) Prices reasonable, though: you can overeat here for not very much money. Probably a good place to bring a family-sized party of unselective eaters if sitting outside. Maybe also good for drinking away your sorrows inside, where it's v-e-r-y dimly lit, but I don't know about that, as I don't drink.Special Features:
- RosieMikeDined on 6/14/2014A private party with DJ and loud music made conversation impossible and dining unpleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- incaVIPDined on 6/8/2014Great brunch! I'll be back. The salmon platter was superb.Special Features:
- Just so so...JerseyBoyDined on 6/7/2014Service was good and atmosphere OK. But the food was nothing special. We would not recommend this place to a group, but would not skip out if the group had already decided on the place. No rush to come back.
- Another great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Another grear dinner at Metro North. The food and service here is consistantly very good. Everything from the salads to the pasta dinners to the entrees are always very good. Service is pleasant and attnetive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden neighborhood gemChrisVVIPDined on 6/2/2014I must admit that I enjoy this restaurant primarily due to its excellent decor and service. The food is good standard Italian fare. Everyone particularly enjoyed the pollenta fries and arugula salad. The prices are reasonable and the space is great for having big group dinners.Special Features:
- From soup to nutsNarfDined on 5/31/2014We were four for dinner, had a variety of food and were all extremely pleased!!!Special Features:
- Metro NorthOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014Really pleasant place. My husband loved his vodka rigatoni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outJoyjohnDined on 5/27/2014Our food was good, but our server was outstanding. She was so attentive, and gave us space as we talked and talked, taking us a while to place our order.Special Features:
- The following 708 reviews are from the Metro North reviews archive.
- Great FindWjrsDined on 5/24/2014Enjoyecd restaurant soo much!! Celebrated my daughters 15 Birthday. Atmosphere. Service and Food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Find. Just out of downtowneMaxVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our First visit. Four Adults and one 2 year old. We were looking for a spur of the moment place that could seat us in less then 2 hours on a holiday weekend night. This place popped up in open table, and reviews were positive. We were seated promptly and all ordered an assortment of pasta, burgers, pizza, and salads. Everything came out very good, and service was spot on. Overall, a great find, with easy access just outside of the downtown Princeton area. Will easily return.Special Features: