172 Scotch Rd.
Ewing, NJ 08628Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.metrogrills.net/
- Phone: 6098822800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar open until 11:00pm Saturday & midnight on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Metro Grill
Metro Grill has a great selection of Italian Entrees, Fresh Seafood Specials, Grilled Meats, Salads, Burgers, Sandwiches, Appetizers and 9-inch Pizzas. In addition to our dining room, we also have a large bar that seats 30 as well as high top tables around the bar. Large selection of wine by the glass, 10 oz. martinis, eight beers on tap and your favorite cocktails. Reasonable prices in a casual and friendly atmosphere. Located at 172 Scotch Road in The Glen Roc Shopping Center with plenty of parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Metro Grill - Best Restaurants in Ewing ›
Metro Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (5)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Neighborhood GemFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Comfortable taking a friend who is very picky about his burger. Of course he gave it a thumbs up! Delicious, char-coal flavor on a brioche bun and the soft bleu cheese on mine was a great topping. Happy to have salad as a substitute for fries on the side. Service was friendly. Our request for a four-top at the bar was not a problem even tho the bar was bustling. Espresso martini a nice ending to a good meal.Special Features:
- Always greatTGNJ55Dined on 6/20/2014My co-workers and I go there often to dine in and also for take out. Food and service are is always great. Also very affordable.Special Features:
- Awesome as always!katdemDined on 5/30/2014Every June we travel to this area for NJ Special Olympics Summer Games and every Friday night before opening ceremonies we have dinner here! We've been known to visit twice in one weekend at times! The food is fabulous the cocktails are outstanding and the service is wonderful! We really enjoy going to dinner here!'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Metro Grill reviews archive.
- Excellente place to dine!CathanneDined on 5/18/2014Once again our party of four enjoyed an excellent meal and dining experience. Our waiter was very pleasant and efficient, as usual. Can't wait to return !Special Features:
- Ewing's GemThepastamanVIPDined on 5/10/2014Have dined there many times both lunch and dinner are always perfect. Staff is well trained and very attentive to your needs.Special Features:
- Mercer's Gem2dineDivineDined on 5/9/2014Going to Metro Grill on Friday was the perfect ending to a hectic week. Our service was efficient. The star of the show is and will always be the food! There are many selections to choose from and a very nice wine list. My experiences are always satisfying. If you're a foodie, this is a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodLocalFoodieDined on 5/5/2014The Metro Grill has a full bar with decent wines by the glass. The food has an Italian focus with some fish and steak. It is simply prepared, very fresh and plenty of it. We split the mussels in a white wine sauce with lots of garlic. House salads were crisp and the dressing was light and tasty. The chicken parmesan was very lightly breaded, big and juicy, with lots of cheese and a good red sauce. The steak was nicely grilled and also very tasty. The staff is always very accommodating and there is usually a good crowd, even on Monday and Tuesday nights. Great neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- foodJerseGirl1Dined on 5/5/2014Salad was served on cold plates, which was great. However the salad was made with too much spring mix. Just mix in some romaine or iceberg. Dinner plates should be served on hot plates. Food was warm but not hot. My husband is a big eater and there was just the right amont of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinersN2GJDined on 4/26/2014We live and a target rich environment near Princeton New Jersey. Literally hundreds of restaurants compete for your dollars. We were looking for something a little outside of town and stumbled across Metro Grill. I was familiar with Metro-North their sister establishment in Princeton and though I always enjoy their food, their service was somewhat measured. This place is a gem… We will absolutely return there again and again and again…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar ServiceSonjaDined on 4/11/2014A group of work friends got together for a nice time and everything was perfect. Thank you! We will be back!Special Features:
- AmazingMontyDined on 4/10/2014The filet was amazing served with mashed potato's and a medially of vegetables. Wonderful service, well-timed and friendly, we didn't have to ask for a thing. I definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppsrBethDined on 4/5/2014They sat us at a bar table despite having reservations. We waited 1hr 15 min for our dinner with no explanation or apologies. When we were done, the waitress came over with the bill and at that time asked if we wanted dessert/coffee etc. We have gone to Metro North and have had much more pleasant experiences.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningCathanneDined on 4/5/2014My sixth time dining at Metro Grill. Pleasant, inviting atmosphere and waiter and excellent food! Can't wait to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!MattDined on 3/15/2014Great good and extensive martini list! Good for family dinners or after work Happy Hours. Large bar area is able to accomodate large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My cup of tea tasted likeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014My cup of tea tasted like coffee. Obviously the water source was a coffee pot. The Margerita pizza was good. I would eat there again for a business lunch but it is not my first choice be cause of the tea water.
- Local goodness!JAStudiosVIPDined on 3/1/2014A great place for locals, established. I would recommend Metro North in Princton if you were willing to make the drive and we're looking for a more eclectic upscale scene and menu.Special Features:
- A fun night as usual!ThepastamanVIPDined on 2/15/2014Dined there several times. The food is always superb. All of the wait servers are very attentive when you needed them to be there! Nicole, Patty & Mike are all great bartenders!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food excellent serviceJillDined on 2/8/2014We were a party of 8 on a Saturday night. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and attentive. Loved the eggplant tower appetizer, the sea bass entree as well as the shrimp and scallop carbonara. Everyone at the table enjoyed their entree. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Always great food, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/7/2014My husband and I have been going to this little neighborhood bar/restaurant for years. We always sit in the bar area to eat, because the vibe is always very friendly and lively. The big surprise here is the food. The food is really very, very good. In fact, their Italian food is among the best I have ever had (and I'm Italian and a foodie!). Their tomato sauce is fresh and the ravioli are homemade and light as a feather. If their eggplant parm is on the large daily specials menu get it! I have never had a dish there that I was disappointed in. They do fish well too. Of course, they have the usual burgers and handmade pizza's, which are always made with the freshest ingredients and are top notch.Special Features:
- Let me qualify by saying thatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/6/2014Let me qualify by saying that I am used to eating in excellent restaurants in San Diego county. This restaurant wouldn't last long in the San Diego area. The food was very ordinary. The sauce on my fish made it inedible. The restaurant was a refuge from the ice storm for the local residents without power, but I can't recommend it for any other reason.
- Merto Grill-EwingwineanddineVIPDined on 1/12/2014This was my first time, here, after dining occasionally at the Metro North in Princeton. This is a cozier place with a different clientele. I found the food to be just as good, I'd say 3 1/2 to 4 stars, and the wine list, if less extensive, provides a good variety at attractive prices per glass ($7 to $9). My waiter, Ray, was both very attentive as well as very knowlegeable about the food. Certain things are homemade and I tried to select them. These include a sausage escarole soup (good, but a bit too salty), the ranch dressing on the salad, and the lasagna bolognese. These were all good to very good choices. If not fine dining, this is good choice for a casual meal or pizza. From what I saw, I'd say they are also kid-friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2014Excellent food and excellent service; the waitress was very accommodating and pleasant.Special Features: