Met On Main
38 Main Street
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Met On Main
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://metonmain.com/
- Phone: 5083255111
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Erik Senfors
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Met On Main
The cobblestones of Nantucket’s Main Street is home to the MET Restaurant Group’s fifth location, MET on MAIN. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a lively back patio, perfect for post beach cocktails. MET on MAIN, a European café with an island flair focuses on both simply grilled and creatively prepared dishes using the highest quality ingredients available including an abundance of Nantucket’s homegrown vegetables and the island’s fresh, local seafood. The core menu has some of the MET’s signature items but also features bold flavors that arouse thoughts of tropical retreats. The eclectic cuisine encompasses Asian, Mexican, Polynesian, and American flavors. One of the highlights of the menu is a tartare & raw bar. The Tartare Bar is the MET’s answer to sushi and offering anywhere from six to ten selections. The restaurant seats 70 people with additional seating on the patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Met On Main reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always great food and serviceJimmyACKVIPDined on 8/19/2014Been coming here for years and just think the food and people who work there are are great. Prices are reasonable for ACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FINDNWSATLDined on 8/17/2014Fabulous decor, outside dinning in a brick court yard. Food is really good and reasonably priced for Nantucket and large portions. Right on Main Street.Special Features:
- KathyDined on 8/15/2014This was our 3rd visit to Met on Main and SO disappointing. It was so dark on the patio that we could not even see our food. My husband's steak took forever to arrive and then was so tough, he almost broke a tooth. No candles, just little flicker lights that were of no use. Service poor and very slow. Would not return and would not recommend.
- Great find!Alex3217Dined on 8/1/2014In a busy town like Nantucket this was a terrific little place. The food was decent. More dressing for the salads please. But we took customers and had a table for 8 and our waitress was lovely and took great care of us despite a packed house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkKeithDined on 7/28/2014Great Atmosphere, great location, mediocre food & mediocre service. Should have been weary of the idea of getting a 6:30 table at 5:00 (in Nantucket in July). Waitress never asked me if I wanted a second drink. Waitress had to be asked to take away dirty dishes. This place probably won't be here next time I visit.Special Features:
- DineandwhineDined on 7/22/2014Disappointing dinner for me and my daughter. Heirloom tomatoe salad was made with tomatoes from Walmart, fish was dry...generally not a good meal for the price. Service was good, venue is cool.
- Don't goaskggDined on 7/20/2014Waited 1 hour for food that never came. After waiting 45 minutes we asked about our bread order. Our waiters response was "I know you ordered bread" Was told dinner was taking so much time because one person in our party of four ordered the chicken dish. Really. It was just chicken nothing special. The table next to use waited 45 minutes for two bowls of chowder and a burger. Waiter had an attitude from the start. The manager followed us out the door when we refused to wait any longer and told us it was their busy season. It's Nantucket in July and there wasn't a line to get in.
- BKelmDined on 6/23/2014I have been to this restaurant two years ago. It was better then. There was nothing special about the food offerings.Special Features:
- Service lackingEliDinesDined on 6/21/2014My biggest problem with this restaurant is the service. It was relatively empty when we arrived. After being seated we waited 10 minutes before a waitperson appeared. We could hear a group of them gossiping in the back. They didn't seem in any rush. This has been a problem before. It has dampened my earlier enthusiasm.
- Really great menu optionsKellyDined on 6/11/2014We had dinner there out first night in Nantucket set the bar for expecting great good friendly service and fun placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met on Main needs focusTallGuyVIPDined on 5/25/2014We gave Met on Main another try in its second year, and were disappointed again. The service was very slow, a two course dinner took 2 hours. The food expediter had no clue who ordered what meal, but that's a common failing in restaurants today. Most import, it was over--priced, even for Nantucket. My scallop dinner had 3 small scallops and a potato latke for $33. At $11 a scallop it was a very poor deal. The tuna and salmon appetizer, at $19, was also expensive, but was fairly priced with lots of delicious salmon. The tuna was just ok, but still a good value. Met on Main has to decide whether it is a fancy Nantucket restaurant or a casual dining restaurant, it's trying to be both and failing.Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Met On Main reviews archive.
- nantucket gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014great downtown dinner spot, plenty of parking, right in the middle of everything! Very reasonable, food was great, waitstaff was new but wont be long before they are veterans...all good!Special Features:
- Excellent chowder and batteredSalmon007Dined on 12/20/2013Excellent chowder and battered fish Nice bistro atmosphere Bartender Jason very friendly Would go again and recommend We checked out other places in area and chose this as best atmosphere, we were pleased Was busy offseason as others were almost empty at lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great roast chickenDancerVIPDined on 9/29/2013In fall and winter on Sunday nights this restaurant Gives very good specials. This Sunday it was Roasted or fried chicken dinner with mashed Potatoes, cole slaw and biscuit for wait for it $12.00!! Best deal on the island. Only on Sundays Though so check menus. Everyday prices are Quite a bit higher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met on MainNantucketVisitorVIPDined on 9/25/2013We were there 3 times in one week and each one was better than the last, the poached lobster was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013Good food, good service. Outdoor patio was great. Menu was somewhat limited, but what we ordered was perfectly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great spot for aKennVIPDined on 7/28/2013This is a great spot for a quick bite or a long meal. I particularly prefer the patio in back. Food is always tasty and the prices for the quality of service, ambiance, location and meal cannot be beat on Nantucket!Special Features:
- sadly a dissapointmentSomloriVIPDined on 7/17/2013Now i know why i could get a table at Met on Nantucket, the place is empty the food was tasteless an expensive dissapointmentSpecial Features:
- although known for breakfast,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2013although known for breakfast, the dinner menu is fantastic. Fresh local ingredients expertly paired. The salads are a meal in themselves and the appetizers and sides are outstanding. Don't miss this new gem right on Main Street.Special Features:
- poor service, and poorly preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/12/2013food took 90 minutes to arrive, on a very slow night. I had the butter-poached lobster with gnocchi; I could not find any formed gnocchi on my plate, as they had all fallen apart and coagulated like mashed potatoes. Also, the prociutto had been thrown in the mix like thick strips of soggy ham. My mothers clambake broth smelled so much of old coolking oil, we could not try it. The lobster bisque wasn't bad, but it was thin and a little bitter.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013Great food and service! Nice ambiance. Great for a few drinks or a nice intimate dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place on Main Street.JohnVIPDined on 4/25/2013A casual and well priced evening at a simple Nantucket restaurant. The caesar salad is worth mentioning. I loved the preparation, part chopped salad, part caesar with a tangy dressing and bread crumbs served in a wood bowl. A slight twist on a classic worth trying.
- This was our second visit.mmperr2Dined on 1/4/2013This was our second visit. The food was great and the staff very friendly. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- WE were seated near the doorwayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012WE were seated near the doorway which proved to be very drafty and we asked them to move us, which they did right away. The bar area was very close to the tables and noisy but ok.. The sirloin was chewy and expensive, the cauliflower was great. The waitress was fantastic..Special Features:
- This was our first visit,RichardDined on 12/1/2012This was our first visit, and we were mostly very pleased. The menu had a limited range of choices, but it was imaginative, and each dish we ordered was impressive, especially the scallops carbonara appetizer. The service was quite good, except for their never-ending desire to keep pouring the wine (which was not served with an ice-bucket). The place is small, with perhaps too many tables and a bar right next to the tables, creating a very noisy atmosphere that made conversation difficult. I would recommend it for the food, but the noise is a drawback.Special Features:
- As part time island residentsRoseDined on 11/25/2012As part time island residents who go back and forth year round, we were saddened when the Even Keel went out and hoped that any replacement would be a casual, fun place to drop in for B, Br, L, D, late night and bar nibbles. When we heard Met was coming (we live right near the Boston location) we weren't quite sure how the place would translate to Nantucket. We are very happy now and one or both of us has tried all meals there, inside and out (wow! Spectacular job on the patio) and although the food isn't always five star the effort made by the staff and the overall experience is absolutely first rate. And get the cauliflower side!Special Features:
- We booked through open tableTerryDined on 9/12/2012We booked through open table for the only open time of 8:15, when we arrived the restaurant was virtually empty. The Bolognese had hardly any meat I in It and was drenched in cheese. The frito mist was overcooked and covered in a mound of deep fried onions!
- Over-priced and everythingDianaVIPDined on 9/12/2012Over-priced and everything was a la carte.. Music too loud, incongruent with the TVs at the bar and nice decor. We received sesame bread sticks and cheese, but didn't get an offer of more, even though there was a lot of cheese left. Food was good, a little innovated, but we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Host/Manager didn't greetOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2012Host/Manager didn't greet our party in a welcoming manner. Didn't acknowledge our party as we waited at the podium. When he finally did, not a welcoming tone "just be with you in a minute." He was engaged in conversation with one of the staff. Place wasn't overly crowded. Not a good first impression. The food was decent, but service overall mediocre at best. The outdoor patio was beautiful....best part, but I probably wouldn't go again.Special Features:
- Keep it upOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2012So far so good. Nice addition to the Nantucket dining options. We went on a Monday in August and it was a tad too quiet but. Our server was very helpful and pleasant. Our salad , swordfish very really good and not over seasoned. We each tried a tartar and loved them bothSpecial Features:
- not a great experienceFreddieVIPDined on 8/15/2012The loster salad was lovely but the rest of the meal was uninspired at best. The menu is quite limited and the atmosphere was much less warm and welcoming than the first time we went there and our waiter was very neglectful and forgot our drink orders and appetizers -- we ahd to remind him twice and told him to forget about it. We won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Food was tasty especiallyrrofhinsdaleVIPDined on 8/11/2012Food was tasty especially the fish. The vegetable salad was fantastic. The cole slaw is a bit strange. It came out as a wedge of cabbage plus some sauce drizzled over it. I sent it back to have it chopped. Otherwise I couldn't eat it. A step up from Even Keel.Special Features: