Met Bar and Grill Dedham
400 Legacy Place
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Met Bar and Grill Dedham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 7814671234
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Sunday Brunch 11:00 - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: We would love the opportunity to help you entertain your business colleagues. The Met Bar and Grill provides the perfect setting to entertain clients, conduct company events, and close business deals. Take advantage of our diverse wine list and excellent menu. We will customize the menu to suit the needs of each group and wines can be chosen beforehand from our award winning wine list. Our Event Planner is ready to organize for you special A/V equipment, floral arrangements and special desserts. The Metropolitan Bar & Grill will craft for you the perfect evening.
A word from Met Bar and Grill Dedham
The Met Bar & Grill is an offspring of the “modern” steakhouse which serves world class meat with an innovative approach. This stylish restaurant serves classic American fare with a touch of sophistication and comfort. The menu boasts something for every appetite. Try the traditional steakhouse options which are sure to please the carnivore in you or select from the Met Creations for more inventive dishes. A main feature of the Met Bar & Grill is the Met Burger Bar where the American Iconic Classic is served. Enjoy your burger simple and traditional or custom design it with a selection of fine meats, artisanal cheeses, fresh baked buns and choices of 48 toppings from around the world. Be transported across the globe on a “burger Journey”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Met Bar and Grill Dedham - Best Restaurants in Dedham ›
Met Bar and Grill Dedham reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (29)good for groups (26)great for outdoor dining (26)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (9)romantic (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Very accomodatingCarolHDined on 8/27/2014I'm just going to offer a quick anecdote: I ordered the lettuce wraps and the first bite I took almost shut me down for the night - it was so HOT! I was actually afraid to take another bite. I called a gentleman over (maybe the floor manager?) and he pointed out that the red mini bell pepper garnish was actually a jalapeno! And a really hot jalapeno with maybe some of the juice poured on the wrap. Anyway, the manager (and waitress who'd come over at that point) were emphatic that they would make me another minus any peppers. I just removed the rest of them and the lettuce wraps were delicious (my mouth recovered).Special Features:
- Amazing!BubbasbubbleDined on 8/23/2014Started out with asking the server about wine. She was not only knowledgeable but chose the perfect glass for me. Delish!! Burger presentation spectacular. Couldn't have had a better date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude-unaccomidating-slow-overpricedGoodieFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Having made a reservation for 8:45 I found was unnecessary because the dining room was half empty. So even though there were PLENTY of booths open we were told we HAD to sit at a table. My mother has a bad back and even after expressing that we would even wait for the booths to be cleaned off if needed (which they did not), we were STILL told that they weren't available. So already annoyed at that point it took about 10 minutes before our waitress came over to even acknowledge us and this place already lost me. Drinks were ok, but by the time I wanted a second one, our waitress was no where to be found. Food was ok, but our custom burgers were missing choices and had ones we didn't order- WAY overpriced. I'm all set with ever coming back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014the air conditioning is always too high and sometimes very noisy. The food and the service is excellentSpecial Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Our waitress was attentive and friendly. The food was enjoyed by all. Many choices . Water glasses were filled promptly. Appetizers and entree came out in a timely manner. Noise level was appropriate for dinner conversation. Expensive but we done on special occasions onlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Met Bar is always greatHelenLouDined on 8/13/2014Consistently excellent food and service. My favorite restaurant at Legacy Place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014A friend and I dined on the patio and were rather disappointed in both the food and service. It took over 10 minutes for our waitress to greet us and take an order for water. She was really nice but I'm not sure if she had too many tables or what. We got guac as an app which was very good, but we both got the bar taco dinner special and were rather disappointed. Granted it's $6 for the meal, but I would expect more from this caliber restaurant. The waitress brought our check without asking how our food was, if we wanted dessert, etc. We'll probably opt for another restaurant at Legacy for our next visit.
- Always Wonderful!RudysMomDined on 8/9/2014My friend and I went after a movie at Legacy Place...it was between times (3:30pm) on a Saturday and the restaurant was quiet. We were well taken care of, the service was great but not intrusive and our lunch (apps and burgers) were cooked to order and could not have tasted better. We love this place and will be back!Special Features:
- Great food!foodie4lifeVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was my first time eating at Met. I loved my meal-rigatoni bolognese. We sat outside so the service wasn't the best, but I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014My friends were happy with the pick for our gathering and will be back. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014We had the rice bowl and the caprese sandwich. Both very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this restaurantmrshoneybearDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I met some friends here because it was about hLfway between us. I ordered the Greek salad with shrimp as my topped and it was $22 which was a bit ridiculous for the salad. The portion was large but it was served over kale and it just threw the whole salad off and was a bit disgusting.Special Features:
- Best Ceasar Salad - the rest is MehKandJforbrunchVIPDined on 7/7/2014We go for the Ceasar Salad and the convenient location, but this Met doesn't have the kitchen skill of the other Mets... it's always been a little less than wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a quick bitepkwhouVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was my first time here. The food was good and the service was attentive. It was not very busy and there is a really nice area to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Meal, Good ServiceDependableDined on 7/6/2014I enjoyed my first meal at this restaurant. The waitstaff was attentive. The atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgers, Salad and AppsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/4/2014Great place to go to share appetizers, many good ones. The burgers are very good. Drink glasses a bit small.Special Features:
- DisappointingFoodieDined on 6/27/2014This was my second time. First was good. They got my order wrong. My food arrived when my friends were halfway thru their dinner. My burger was half raw and unappetizing. Needless to say very disappointing.
- Meh @ the MetdoctorphilphoodDined on 6/22/2014Im a fan of the Chestnut Hill Met Bar and Grill - which is sadly closing this coming weekend :/ That said, the Dedham Met had the same menu and quality food - had the coulotte (round) steak which was very good. The ambiance is weak - granted I went on a Sunday night in June, but there were only a few older folks at the bar watching World Cup soccer, and a family with little wailing kids sitting outside, so between the two, the atmosphere was - frankly stale. The back of house seating was dim, and unexciting - hardly anyone there. Maybe on a Friday or Saturday night the place has more of a buzz. The server was bouncy, quite informed about the menu, and very attentive.Special Features:
- Service great, food blandCoupleKimandPaulDined on 6/21/2014The food was overpriced and mediocre at best. Four of us dined, three of us had steaks - all needed salt, seasoning, etc. however the were each cooked the way we ordered. The drinks were good however, particularly the pomegranate mojito. The MET fries were also good - lightly fried with parmesan cheese and sage and served with a spicy mayo. The restaurant was LOUD. Our waitress was great - very patient, honest about food recommendations, and friendly to members of our party who could be a little overwhelming. We'd go back for the fries and a beer or drink, but not for dinner. BTW I added the category review of good for groups only because it's required to add one of the categories to publish the review.Special Features:
- MehSluggosixtyfiveVIPDined on 6/19/2014Feels like its in a converted mall store (which it basically is,) and food was under ambitious
- Delish dinnerCatchumleyDined on 6/13/2014The food was delicious and the sever was great! She handled all of our food allergies with finesse and patience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meeting placeeatoutoften3Dined on 6/13/2014Great hamburger and we are SO glad you can get them on a salad. Great new trend for those of us with gluten sensitivities.Special Features:
- Dinner was perfect!HelenLouDined on 6/9/2014Our dinner before a movie was perfect. The staff was welcoming, and our server was friendly and attentive. The caprese sandwich on ciabatta is my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More work neededPapaVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great waitress Sangria and cocktails lacking Need to step up food offering and make up more attractivelySpecial Features:
- Brunch at the Met BarJimTennisDined on 6/1/2014The Met has an interesting brunch menu along with a unique array of your own self designed Bloody Mary combinations. They as well are very sensitive to catering to the needs of food allergies which we find very helpful in choosing where our party can eat. It was a rather slow Sunday afternoon at the Met with all of the demand for the outdoor dining on the patio and a congregation near the windows by the bar area; as such, the dining area was somewhat sparse; however, a rarity for this place and we kind of enjoyed the quiet surroundings. Always worthy of a visit.Special Features:
- NoisyLizzyTDined on 5/31/2014I go the The Met Bar regularly. On 5/11. it was so noisy I could barely talk/hear what my friends were saying.. I think I may go back only if I can sit outside...or wait till winter when it is not so crazy there....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Al FrescoRachelMDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I arrived a half hour early for our dinner reservation, and they seated us right away. Great service, food, and ambiance--as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day funChrispieDined on 5/11/2014took family so wife didn't have to cook - great food, drinks and dessert. Friendly staff. Just be mindful that burgers are their specialty - not too many other options (but enough) for those not wanting burgers. Try the sweet potato fries! Even my 15 yr old liked themSpecial Features:
- Good environmentEmafsilvaDined on 5/11/2014Went their for Mother's Day with three toddlers and the other guest really couldn't hear them because of the environment, but it wasn't to loud for each other to have conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the FenwaySteakloverDined on 5/7/2014The Fenway Burger with the Fried Egg was off the charts. Cooked perfectly and served piping hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blah-average-not worth itJuneBDined on 5/3/2014I arrived with three other women and was seated promptly. The server was nice just not very good at her job. She didn't clear plates orcas if we wanted another round if drinks. The food is average bar food- nothing more. I've been to there place on ACK and I say bring back The Even Keel! At there Newbury location I have to say the salmon salad is good and service seems better.
- The following 479 reviews are from the Met Bar and Grill Dedham reviews archive.
- They failed to note my reservation,EricVIPDined on 4/3/2014They failed to note my reservation, even though I told them I had one as I entered. This led to me being contacted by Open Table for having failed to honor my reservation, which was not true. Otherwise it was great.
- Great menu, surly serviceDiningDivaVIPDined on 4/2/2014I've eaten here several times, but hadn't been there recently when I went out for a quick dinner. Despite the fact that the restaurant was mostly empty, the waitress acted like she was doing us a favor to take our order and that was an indication of the level of service to come. When she basically threw the check on the table without a "thank you", her tip went down below my usual percentage. Servers should not underestimate how much the service can affect a patron's enjoyment of a dining experience. I won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Now I know why we have not been themimiVIPDined on 3/30/2014The food was mediocre, the service was not only very slow, when the place was empty but it was obvious that the waitstaff had not been trained. Will not be going back.
- Downhill on brunch?KandJforbrunchVIPDined on 3/30/2014It turns out that the Met in Dedham is going to be discontinuing brunch. Until then, they tell you that you are not allowed to make any substitutions, the food is good but not as good as it used to be. It's a little less convenient for us to go to the location Chestnut Hill, but it's where we will be going in the future. Legacy Place is more shopper/family oriented, lots of screaming kids. Our server was very sweet and the Met Mimosa is a personal fav - both of which saved the experience.
- Great place!dineswithfriendsDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I dined here with another couple and were pleasantly surprized. Service was prompt and very professional. We had drinks and apps. in a matter of mins. but did not feel rushed. Food was very good. Our waiter returned to our table multiple times during our meal. We will definately dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceD1260Dined on 3/28/2014Went with another couple for a casual meal - went with the burgers which were fantastic Nice spot at Legacy Place - not too expensive and well worth the visit - I would most definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Out: Birthday EditionwiscogurlVIPDined on 3/22/2014I'm pretty sure we had too much of a great time at Met Bar! The music was wonderful. The food... DELICIOUS! It was so good, I went home the next day and tried to recreate the dish. We ordered the Stone Rice Bowl. We also ordered a bottle of wine which was amazing as well. Overall, a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer14Dined on 3/21/2014The restaurant was very hectic and loud. The food was good but not as good as i expected. Our server was very nice and accomadating.Special Features:
- Great dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Food was awesome and loved the comfy leather booths! There was plenty of room for all. Service was great and food was served promptly and hot! Reservation was honored and didn't even have to wait one minute to be seated! We would do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.