Met Bar and Grill Dedham
400 Legacy Place
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Met Bar and Grill Dedham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 7814671234
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Sunday Brunch 11:00 - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: We would love the opportunity to help you entertain your business colleagues. The Met Bar and Grill provides the perfect setting to entertain clients, conduct company events, and close business deals. Take advantage of our diverse wine list and excellent menu. We will customize the menu to suit the needs of each group and wines can be chosen beforehand from our award winning wine list. Our Event Planner is ready to organize for you special A/V equipment, floral arrangements and special desserts. The Metropolitan Bar & Grill will craft for you the perfect evening.
A word from Met Bar and Grill Dedham
The Met Bar & Grill is an offspring of the “modern” steakhouse which serves world class meat with an innovative approach. This stylish restaurant serves classic American fare with a touch of sophistication and comfort. The menu boasts something for every appetite. Try the traditional steakhouse options which are sure to please the carnivore in you or select from the Met Creations for more inventive dishes. A main feature of the Met Bar & Grill is the Met Burger Bar where the American Iconic Classic is served. Enjoy your burger simple and traditional or custom design it with a selection of fine meats, artisanal cheeses, fresh baked buns and choices of 48 toppings from around the world. Be transported across the globe on a “burger Journey”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Met Bar and Grill Dedham reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (25)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (8)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Signature ItemTNeilVIPDined on 10/18/2014The focus on burgers and they deliver. Both of our burgers were excellent...cooked exactly to order with fresh toppings. Nice to find a place that sets high expectations and then meets them.
- unusual nightemilyDined on 10/15/2014I have never before been disappointed with the food but they have switched their menu and my meal was not enjoyable this time. I ordered the Philliy Sirloin Sandwich with dip and it was not good. Tasteless, rubber like meat . I like the Grill but will never order this particular sandwich again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchGStevensDined on 10/15/2014Very nice lunch spot with excellent salads. Service was fine.
- Famous for burgersJSullVIPDined on 10/10/2014The burger was overdone as they are in most placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service keeps me coming back ...P02673Dined on 10/8/2014We sat at the bar on a Wednesday after work. Your two bartenders, Talia and Hannah, were outstanding. They were friendly and provided perfect drink and dinner recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great onion rings but dirty boothsOutofTownerDined on 10/4/2014The burgers and onion stays never disappoint. Cleanliness is an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!AMPM516Dined on 9/26/2014Met a friend here for a late-ish dinner on a Friday night. Friendly hostess sat us down promptly at our reserved time. The dining room is open and loud, though I wouldn't say it was loud enough to choose "energetic". Service was great! Very attentive and friendly waitstaff. Had a great salad entree. This was our first time dining there. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- BossVIPDined on 9/13/2014MetBar was relatively full and noisy. We were seated immediately; hostess and server were pleasant. Food had no flavor -- I had the salmon and tuna tartare which I always get at the MetClub in Chestnut Hill. It had no seasoning - no flavor. The entrees came before the appetizer course had been cleared and we had to juggle dishes. Staff needs to be trained better. The décor is haphazard and definitely getting worn. Carpet needed to be cleaned. Definitely not at the standard of other MetBars.
- Great food and serviceMatteb24Dined on 9/12/2014Great experience! Staff were friendly and courteous and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening Dinner meetingRJR52Dined on 9/11/2014We had made a reservation for three for a business discussion, requesting a booth located in a somewhat quiet corner. We were seated at a large circular booth area with plenty of space, and away from the crowd. Although still noisy due to the energy in the restaurant, we had a good meeting followed by a good meal. Our waitress was patient as we explained we might be there for a while, and checked in appropriately. Overall the food was excellent (Turkey Kabobs!) with a good wine, beer and drink selection. We made a plan to go there again in six months..same time, same booth!Special Features:
- Good service but food too quickScootersdfDined on 9/10/2014We ordered drinks and appetizers along with our dinner - and the dinner food came within just a few minutes of the appetizers. We really never got back to eating the appetizers because of that. Even the wait staff said the food came too quickly. The appetizers were very good - and the dinner and drinks were of top quality as well. Ambiance was nice - not too noisy - but it was a Tuesday. I'd go back again - the service was excellent and attentive.Special Features:
- Great option in Legacy PlacePembury19Dined on 9/6/2014Have eaten here several times for lunch and just recently had dinner. Great place. Food is above average and we have always had great service. Hamburgers are awesome and the drinks,while expensive, are not your usual stuff.Special Features:
- Best Guac and Burgers in DedhamjanesmalldogDined on 9/6/2014Guacamole was better than any mexican restaurant, very fresh, nicely spiced and presented well. Drinks were flat of CO2, sent bak 2 times and were still flat (we have had this problem there before) Burgers are truely outstanding, fresh Brioche Roll, great flavors and steaming hot fries. Chopped salade was adequate but the Italian dressing is Pink and I found that strange. Service was outstanding and the food runner was very attentive and anwsered all my questions. Noise level is high I think due to the bar.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch!LindaDined on 8/30/2014Food was delicious and outdoor dining option was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodatingCarolHVIPDined on 8/27/2014I'm just going to offer a quick anecdote: I ordered the lettuce wraps and the first bite I took almost shut me down for the night - it was so HOT! I was actually afraid to take another bite. I called a gentleman over (maybe the floor manager?) and he pointed out that the red mini bell pepper garnish was actually a jalapeno! And a really hot jalapeno with maybe some of the juice poured on the wrap. Anyway, the manager (and waitress who'd come over at that point) were emphatic that they would make me another minus any peppers. I just removed the rest of them and the lettuce wraps were delicious (my mouth recovered).Special Features:
- Amazing!BubbasbubbleDined on 8/23/2014Started out with asking the server about wine. She was not only knowledgeable but chose the perfect glass for me. Delish!! Burger presentation spectacular. Couldn't have had a better date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude-unaccomidating-slow-overpricedGoodieFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Having made a reservation for 8:45 I found was unnecessary because the dining room was half empty. So even though there were PLENTY of booths open we were told we HAD to sit at a table. My mother has a bad back and even after expressing that we would even wait for the booths to be cleaned off if needed (which they did not), we were STILL told that they weren't available. So already annoyed at that point it took about 10 minutes before our waitress came over to even acknowledge us and this place already lost me. Drinks were ok, but by the time I wanted a second one, our waitress was no where to be found. Food was ok, but our custom burgers were missing choices and had ones we didn't order- WAY overpriced. I'm all set with ever coming back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014the air conditioning is always too high and sometimes very noisy. The food and the service is excellentSpecial Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Our waitress was attentive and friendly. The food was enjoyed by all. Many choices . Water glasses were filled promptly. Appetizers and entree came out in a timely manner. Noise level was appropriate for dinner conversation. Expensive but we done on special occasions onlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Met Bar is always greatHelenLouDined on 8/13/2014Consistently excellent food and service. My favorite restaurant at Legacy Place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014A friend and I dined on the patio and were rather disappointed in both the food and service. It took over 10 minutes for our waitress to greet us and take an order for water. She was really nice but I'm not sure if she had too many tables or what. We got guac as an app which was very good, but we both got the bar taco dinner special and were rather disappointed. Granted it's $6 for the meal, but I would expect more from this caliber restaurant. The waitress brought our check without asking how our food was, if we wanted dessert, etc. We'll probably opt for another restaurant at Legacy for our next visit.
- Always Wonderful!RudysMomDined on 8/9/2014My friend and I went after a movie at Legacy Place...it was between times (3:30pm) on a Saturday and the restaurant was quiet. We were well taken care of, the service was great but not intrusive and our lunch (apps and burgers) were cooked to order and could not have tasted better. We love this place and will be back!Special Features:
- Great food!foodie4lifeVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was my first time eating at Met. I loved my meal-rigatoni bolognese. We sat outside so the service wasn't the best, but I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014My friends were happy with the pick for our gathering and will be back. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinnerdiningcapeDined on 7/13/2014We had the rice bowl and the caprese sandwich. Both very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this restaurantmrshoneybearDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I met some friends here because it was about hLfway between us. I ordered the Greek salad with shrimp as my topped and it was $22 which was a bit ridiculous for the salad. The portion was large but it was served over kale and it just threw the whole salad off and was a bit disgusting.Special Features:
- Best Ceasar Salad - the rest is MehKandJforbrunchVIPDined on 7/7/2014We go for the Ceasar Salad and the convenient location, but this Met doesn't have the kitchen skill of the other Mets... it's always been a little less than wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a quick bitepkwhouVIPDined on 7/6/2014This was my first time here. The food was good and the service was attentive. It was not very busy and there is a really nice area to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Meal, Good ServiceDependableDined on 7/6/2014I enjoyed my first meal at this restaurant. The waitstaff was attentive. The atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgers, Salad and AppsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/4/2014Great place to go to share appetizers, many good ones. The burgers are very good. Drink glasses a bit small.Special Features:
- The following 494 reviews are from the Met Bar and Grill Dedham reviews archive.
- DisappointingFoodieDined on 6/27/2014This was my second time. First was good. They got my order wrong. My food arrived when my friends were halfway thru their dinner. My burger was half raw and unappetizing. Needless to say very disappointing.
- Meh @ the MetdoctorphilphoodDined on 6/22/2014Im a fan of the Chestnut Hill Met Bar and Grill - which is sadly closing this coming weekend :/ That said, the Dedham Met had the same menu and quality food - had the coulotte (round) steak which was very good. The ambiance is weak - granted I went on a Sunday night in June, but there were only a few older folks at the bar watching World Cup soccer, and a family with little wailing kids sitting outside, so between the two, the atmosphere was - frankly stale. The back of house seating was dim, and unexciting - hardly anyone there. Maybe on a Friday or Saturday night the place has more of a buzz. The server was bouncy, quite informed about the menu, and very attentive.Special Features:
- Service great, food blandCoupleKimandPaulDined on 6/21/2014The food was overpriced and mediocre at best. Four of us dined, three of us had steaks - all needed salt, seasoning, etc. however the were each cooked the way we ordered. The drinks were good however, particularly the pomegranate mojito. The MET fries were also good - lightly fried with parmesan cheese and sage and served with a spicy mayo. The restaurant was LOUD. Our waitress was great - very patient, honest about food recommendations, and friendly to members of our party who could be a little overwhelming. We'd go back for the fries and a beer or drink, but not for dinner. BTW I added the category review of good for groups only because it's required to add one of the categories to publish the review.Special Features:
- MehSluggosixtyfiveVIPDined on 6/19/2014Feels like its in a converted mall store (which it basically is,) and food was under ambitious
- Delish dinnerCatchumleyDined on 6/13/2014The food was delicious and the sever was great! She handled all of our food allergies with finesse and patience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meeting placeeatoutoften3Dined on 6/13/2014Great hamburger and we are SO glad you can get them on a salad. Great new trend for those of us with gluten sensitivities.Special Features:
- Dinner was perfect!HelenLouDined on 6/9/2014Our dinner before a movie was perfect. The staff was welcoming, and our server was friendly and attentive. The caprese sandwich on ciabatta is my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More work neededPapaVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great waitress Sangria and cocktails lacking Need to step up food offering and make up more attractivelySpecial Features:
- Brunch at the Met BarJimTennisVIPDined on 6/1/2014The Met has an interesting brunch menu along with a unique array of your own self designed Bloody Mary combinations. They as well are very sensitive to catering to the needs of food allergies which we find very helpful in choosing where our party can eat. It was a rather slow Sunday afternoon at the Met with all of the demand for the outdoor dining on the patio and a congregation near the windows by the bar area; as such, the dining area was somewhat sparse; however, a rarity for this place and we kind of enjoyed the quiet surroundings. Always worthy of a visit.Special Features:
- NoisyLizzyTDined on 5/31/2014I go the The Met Bar regularly. On 5/11. it was so noisy I could barely talk/hear what my friends were saying.. I think I may go back only if I can sit outside...or wait till winter when it is not so crazy there....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.