Mesquite Grill @ Tonto Verde
18401 E El Circulo Dr
Rio Verde, AZ 85263Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mesquite Grill @ Tonto Verde
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tontoverde.org/
- Phone: (480) 471-0438
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Falconer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The beautiful Santa Fe Style Clubhouse at Tonto Verde offers several exciting choices for your special event. The Acacia Ballroom, the Kiva Room and a Multi-Purpose Room are available year round for private rental. The Mesquite Bar & Grill and the Cimarron Dining Room are available for private functions during certain times on a seasonal basis.
Our Ballroom is unlike your typical sparse room. It has a beautifully appointed wooden detailed ceiling and decorative iron chandeliers. It boasts beautiful views of Lake Verde, rolling greens and the Mazatzal Mountains with Four Peaks in the background. By itself, it offers a lovely, intimate setting for smaller groups. When joined with the adjacent Kiva Room and/or Cimarron Dining Room, the room can accommodate large parties.
The Kiva Room
Adjacent to the Acacia Ballroom is our private dining room where Chef will customize a gastronomic extravaganza to tantalize even the most seasoned foodie.
- Private Party Contact: Lynn Casebere 4804712582x
A word from Mesquite Grill @ Tonto Verde
Whether you are in the mood for a casual meal after a fun day of golf or an elegant dining experience our clubhouse restaurants welcome all guests and are open to the public. The Mesquite Bar & Grill, with its open wood trusses and cozy booths, as well as outdoor dining terraces, create a wonderful casual dining experience. Its relaxed atmosphere makes it a great place to enjoy the company of friends or family while experiencing the great menu items our Chef creates. The Bar is open all day and is a great place for gathering with friends or to meet after a round of golf on one of our two 18-hole, premier, championship courses. It features a Happy Hour bar menu and complimentary snacks. The Cimarron Dining Room offers diners a quieter and more elegant option. It showcases a warm, wooden beamed ceiling, iron chandeliers, soft lighting and cozy booths. Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors open to additional heated and covered patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Mesquite Grill @ Tonto Verde - Best Restaurants in Rio Verde ›
Mesquite Grill @ Tonto Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (25)scenic view (22)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (15)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (11)romantic (11)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Miss understood menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Waiter said what the special was and the ladies ordered the fish special, but really wanted the Fish Fry. A complete misunderstanding. No one at the table realized it until after the order arrived. An adjustment was made in the billing, but two people not really satisfied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Friday night roast beef dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014Will definitely go again for roast beef night. Ambiance very nice. Thought there might have been a few more diners to lend body to room. Service very good and nonintrusive. We were well able to converse without much problem. Very nice evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Mesquite Grill at Tonto Verde is one of the best restaurants with gorgeous views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So worth the drive!!!PickyDinerDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant is 10 minutes down Dynamite Rd in North Scottsdale, and a beautiful drive with a vista of Four Peaks Mountains, and the patio and restaurant are perfectly situated to take advantage of the views. The moon rising over the Mountains during dinner was amazing. Consistently good food - this Chef just gets it.Special Features:
- Awesome view and foodBanjoDined on 11/5/2014Great place to get away surrounded by mountain views. Great food people and even golf if you want it. Clean restaurant with variety. Good place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect Menu SelectionPickyDinerDined on 11/4/2014This restaurant has a thoughtful Chef who has put together a menu that combines (a) Showcase Specials (b) Comfort Foods (c) Hearty Salads (d) Great Grill - steaks, chops, ribs with wide choice of sides from veggies to loaded potatoes. Something for everyone so it is easy to go with friends. The view of the mountains overlooking the lake at sunset is spectacular. Have dined both outside on the patio and inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Was very pleased with this restaurant. Service was great, food was great, and ambiance was fantastic.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodPklesch01Dined on 10/25/2014The service and meal was wonderful as usual. There was a large party that came in before we finished our entrees and it became so noisy we had to shout across the table at each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view Clean and price valueBanjoDined on 10/19/2014This place has best view in valley outdoor or in. Over looking lake with eagles. Good food and wine, full bar. Awesome survice. A find super pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great sevicePklesch01Dined on 10/10/2014Enjoy dining often as this restaurant, food is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The team could not do a better job....good for the whole team..great fun every time we visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodgolferDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is a ways out, but it's worth it. I normally try to stay without a 15 minute drive of my home. It took us 35 minutes but I will certainly go back. The food was great, the service was very good and we were able to talk to each other in a normal voice. Very well done in all areas.Special Features:
- Enjoy Tonto VerdePklesch01Dined on 9/5/2014Service and food is always excellent ! Personal attention by staff is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningLivinginandLovingAZDined on 9/3/2014Met friends and the restaurant was packed. Good sign in Sept. Food was great. Attentive staff and service superb.Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Mesquite Grill @ Tonto Verde reviews archive.
- One of our Favorite PlacesPeabody2Dined on 7/25/2014We eat at the Mesquite Grill @ Tonto Verde often. The food and service are excellent. The wine list, though not large, has an excellent selection that is fairly priced - which is had to find these days. Their meat and seafood are of a consistently high quality. I like the fact that they change the menu monthly. We also enjoy the view - we watch the ducks, egrets, great blue herons and an eagle that is a regular seasonal visitor.Special Features:
- Good Food/Nice PeopleawfbkDined on 7/19/2014I dine here often and always find it very good. I especially like the fish dishes. Chef Chris has a real talent for cooking fish. The trout and the halibut are very good. I also like the steak and the their signature soup "Corn Chowder". The service is always the best and the views are wonderful. There isn't much not to like about the Mesquite Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TVOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014Some very unique seafood dishes. Wonderful people.Special Features: