344 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mesonsevilla.com/
- Phone: (212) 262-5890
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Joaquin Lucero
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available with our large trays that can serve 12 - 15 guests. Delivery service is available within Midtown. Please consult our website for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: The private room at Meson Sevilla can accommodate up to 45 guests. Menu packages are available ranging from $40 to $65 per person. Buffet parties are available for $35 per person.
- Private Party Contact: Benny or Leo 2122625890
A word from Meson Sevilla
For over 25 years meson Sevilla has established itself as a staple in Midtown Manhattan. Serving classic Spanish cuisine, trendy tapas and Italian specialties, the menu can satisfy everyone's appetite. The restaurant is family owned and operated, and treats all of their guests as family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meson Sevilla reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (6)late-night find (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not as good as in the pastLongIslandLadyDined on 11/15/2014We have been here before theater several times. It is a nice classic Spanish restaurant but a bit overcrowded. This time we were squeezed in downstairs with not enough room for the waiters to get by. Our waiter was cute, sweet and charming but not too efficient. We had to ask for more water as well as chips and bread. It took about 20 minutes to process our bill. We think they lost it for a while. Although my companions liked the food, I found my Mariscada in Green sauce way too salty and the potato chips tasted like they came from a bag. The ladies room needs a major remodeling. It is old,dingy and grimy. It might have just been an off night but I was very disappointed in the decline of an old favorite.
- Excellent TapasJBDineVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food was very good. Service was slow, messed up a few orders, and was not very good at ensuring that diners received their checks in a timely manner to get to shows. High quality cuisine though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EAT AT BARupsetatbestDined on 11/14/2014Upon entry with reservation prior to show, was escorted downstairs to dark, dreary and musty dungeon. Told that upstairs was fulll and only tables available were in dungeon. Went ustairs and found 2 seats at BAR and had wonderful time with barkeep Alphonso. Makes best Sangria in town. Food good, but keep to tapas. Arroz con Pollo good, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great before a night at the theaterTraveltoeatDined on 11/13/2014Although the atmosphere isn't that great the food was delicious. We shared the Paella and it was so flavorful. It was huge and could have fed 2 more people. Our server was very friendly and helpful. It is a great little find in what can be a bit touristy part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A home away from homeBonitaDined on 11/13/2014I love Meson Sevilla. The staff is so welcoming and the food is great. I've brought lots of friends here and they all have enjoyed it. This time, I brought my husband here for lunch. He was very impressed in general with the place and he loved the great luncheon prixe fix deal. Wine (very good Sangria), appetizer, entrée, dessert and coffee - all for an extremely reasonable price of $21 per person. In addition, there were so many choices on the menu. How great is that! We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sangria! super service!pseudonymDined on 11/7/2014One of the best experiences from a chaotic weekend of Broadway shows and Times square madness. Elbow to elbow, typical setting in NYC but a delicious dinner. Sangria was fabulous! Menu selection was varied and appealing. Service was impeccable. They even encouraged us to remain seated at our table after dinner instead of hustling us out as soon as the tab was paid! (On a Friday night after 6pm, are you kidding me?!) Will not hesitate to return on next visit! Take yourself there, relax, and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againNYCdecoratorVIPDined on 11/7/2014We see a lot of Broadway and are always looking for our "go to" restaurant for a pre-theater dinner. Meson Sevilla will definitely not be the one. To begin with the host took us through the dining room (where there were empty tables) past the kitchen and down stairs to a basement room. This room was one step down from being at a church basement dinner. We asked to be seated in the dining room and were taken back upstairs. The dining room was warm and full of dead air. The service OK. But the food inexcusable. The paella had calamari that was so chewy you could not eat it. The vegetables were out of a bag and microwaved. I suspect the pasta sauce was from a jar. We did have a nice bottle of Rioja, which helped get past how bad the food was.
- Return visittapas4meDined on 11/4/2014Have been to Meson Sevilla several times before theater. Love the tapas. Variety of good choices to try out. Food delicious and nicely presented. Good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodStoshDined on 10/25/2014We have eaten at Meson Sevilla many times. It has always been good. The chicken livers, which of course I should not have ordered for health reasons, were delicous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fixed priceNJArtDined on 10/22/2014This is the 2nd time we dined here before a theater matinee. We will be back. The food is excellent, the service is great. At a matinee lunch, the restaurant is crowded and the noise level high. Don't let that stop you from dining here. The bar is quiet with an assortment of liquor, including Spanish brandies. The décor of the restaurant and the bar is decidedly Spanish which we appreciate since my wife's father was from Galicia in Spain. We noticed a clay pot used to make Queimada, a punch made from Galician augardente, sugar, lemon peel, coffee beans, cinnamon, oranges, lemons, apples, etc. This is lit on fire and burned until much of the alcohol is burned off. We were promised that they would make it for us some evening.Special Features:
- mocoVIPDined on 10/18/2014Disappointing food preps. More Itaiian dishes than Spanish?
- Good Pre-Theatre DinnerOutstandingDined on 10/17/2014Nice tapas selection and good authentic Spanish cooking; interior could use a facelift and the service could be more attentive but a good pre-theatre meal all the same.
- Fantastic meal!RickPierreDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed very much our evening. the meal was exquisite, the paella just like in Spain. Attentive waiters. Very good wine list. We are looking forward to coming back from Ottawa Canada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Long-standing traditional Spanish restauarant. Diversified menu. Ample portions and reasonably priced. Service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatercoachwitDined on 9/20/2014Great meal and ideal location before a broadway showSpecial Features:
- wonderful and friendly staffBonitaDined on 9/18/2014I always love going to Meson Sevilla. The food is so good, and the choices on the menu are varied and delicious. How do I know all are so good? I usually go here with a large group and we all order different items. Their lunch prix fixe is incredible value. I had made a reservation recently for six of us, but eight showed up. No problem. The staff accommodate us and we had a great time!Special Features:
- Awful Food!MerryDinerDined on 9/17/2014Inexcusable for a Spanish restaurant in NYC to be this awful! Good wine and flan. And coffee. Good service. But come on, you surely can do better than this. Frozen vegetables microwaved, tiny shrimp in tasteless sauce out of a jar, rubbery calamari on top of paella, tasteless salad also awful. Shame, shame, shame on you Meson Sevilla!
- Ok place with very good foodGiantsFanDined on 9/13/2014I would say that Meson Sevilla gives you a good meal for the price. Not a great atmosphere but acceptable. Wait staff was friendly and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Nice quick bite before showDelishdelightsVIPDined on 9/12/2014My mom and I came in sept for her birthday. I mentioned to them that we had a show and needed our food quick..they did just that we bith got the complete dinner she ordered shrimp in garlic sauce app and salmon for dinner..the shrimp was awesome very flavorful..salmon was well cooked and a great big portion..I ordered stuffed mushrooms for app..they lacked very much in taste..dinner I ordered the chicken emperanza... It was delicious and a nice portion with veggies...bith came with rice for share and it had no flavor at all..for a Spanish place rice should have been a highlight but it wasn't. We didn't give ourselves much time so we were able to get to dessert..but I will def come back I thought service was very good n location was perfectSpecial Features:
- Snobbi48Dined on 9/8/2014Very good place for vine and tapas! Nice place to invite an old friend and catch up with him/her. I felt as if I was in Spain and I am sure I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehltmd1980Dined on 9/6/2014Mediocre restaurant row dining. Arroz con Pollo tasted like it had been made a few days earlier and re-heated. Chicken dry and tasteless. Spanish tortilla was the best part of the meal
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Great price fix for lunch with plentiful portions of excellent food. Very friendly and accommodating wait staff. Thoroughly enjoyed...look forward to returning soon...such a varied menu too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iberian CusineCuriousfoodieDined on 8/12/2014Good traditional Iberian Cusine. Authentically prepared with a descent Spanish wine list. Reasonably priced a value in the theater district.Special Features:
- Good TapasvodkaontapDined on 8/7/2014Nice Spanish find in theatre district. Great selection of Tapas and full meals. Friendly staff. Couple nice round tables for bigger groups. Found a good wine, but woudl suggest the wine list could be broader.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodLloverDined on 8/2/2014We went for dinner after watching 'Once' matinee show....four sisters celebrating one sister's birthday. I chose the restaurant because of the ratings given by other reviewers. I was quite disappointed with the food. The veggie and Valenciana paella were just okay. We ended up taking 2/3 of each dish home. The tapas were unimaginative. We ordered croquettes, lamb chops, patatas, shrimps with garlic. The service was also sub-par. We felt rushed through the meal. I probably would not go back. Too many other restaurants on Restaurant row to try!
- The following 682 reviews are from the Meson Sevilla reviews archive.
- lsanlucasDined on 7/17/2014Great food and service. Outstanding from the time we walked into restaurant seated with a greeting and right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frank40Dined on 7/15/2014I had visited here for dinner several years ago and remember the food being better. I was disappointed with the food quality for the price I paid.
- Nice place for the location/ costQuickeaterDined on 7/13/2014The food was good, we were a party of 6 and the service was good keeping drinks full and food came out fast. A few were late for the reservation and they seated us and did not pressure us while we waited for the group to order.I would recommend this to a friend.
- aquarius17Dined on 7/12/2014Tapas....great. You don't even have to order an entree. The best part is sharing the tapas and they are genuine Spanish tapas, not invented American ideas of what tapas might be. A little Spanish oasis in the heart of the theatre district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food, service and ambiance were great. We especially enjoyed the sangria, the paella valenciana and the pollo castelli. I was a little disappointed that they were out of tres leches cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avant ou apres the theatreJacquesVIPDined on 6/28/2014Very close to number of Broadway theaters Meson is a great before or after the show place to eat. Old world service and tasty, fresh Catalan foodaSpecial Features:
- Excellent pre-theater optionJoanVIPDined on 6/26/2014Although a bit dingy, Meson Sevilla serves tasty shrimp & rice, flan. Got to the theater in plenty of time.Special Features:
- Good Experience for Moderate PriceBuckmeisterDined on 6/22/2014Or food was good, especially for the price. But I wasn't thrilled by our tapa selections for appetizers. They were good, but somewhat pedestrian. Maybe I'm spoiled by a recent visit to Spain. You can order prix fixe for $32 per person, but that menu is basically Italian. Although you can order paella for $9 extra. Our cost, off the menu, not prix fixe, with a bottle of wine was $122. About average for a "Restaurant Row" establishment.Special Features:
- perfect pre-theater mealCoffeeLoverDined on 6/21/2014The extensive menu at Meson Sevilla accommodates every appetite. Our party was happy to share several plates of tapas, all of which were delicious. Of special note were the the portobello mushroom in balsamic vinegar and the shrimp in garlic sauce - we emptied the bread basket mopping up both of these! Even though the place was packed, the service was prompt and attentive, and we made it to our show (only 2 blocks away) with time to spare.
- Quality ExperienceChrisPADined on 6/20/2014The quality of the food, San Gria, and overall dining experience was EXCELLENT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent tapas....jaymuDined on 6/18/2014....in a somewhat dim and dated feeling restaurant. If you just want to sit at the bar and watch world cup and have some albondigas and croquets you won't be disappointed. Sangria was good, too but if you go before a theatre matinee, the place will be a little packed with little old ladies who have nothing better to do than complain!
- Speedy AND TastyLauraJeanDined on 6/14/2014Meson Sevilla is right next door to the theater district and has speedy service so it's great if you're in the area to catch a show. The tapas and sangria (made with brandy) were delicious. I recommend the crab stuffed peppers and squid in ink. All the tables are close together so know before it is not private or quiet. As long as this is not an issue for you, I'd recommend this as a great tapas place. Food: B Service: A Price: C Total score: BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Unusually Poor ServiceZiggyWStardustDined on 6/14/2014We ordered martinis which took an exceptionally long time to arrive. While waiting for them, our food arrived way too soon and all four tapas at once. Not enough room on the table, some of them got cold while we were eating others. Waiter spoke very poor English and brought the wrong calamari (fried instead of grilled). We complained to the manager, but got no satisfaction. A better manager would have at least given us a free dessert! We have had much better service at Meson Sevilla before, and will give them another chance as the food is wonderful. If this happens again, we will not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent Tapas5emonDined on 6/8/2014Six of us shared tapas and other main dishs and it did not disappoint us at all! Myfavorits are sauteed calamali, squid in its own black ink, fried artichorkes, asparagas, filet minon, suateed veal, etc. I recommned more than four people to share different food and enjoy.Special Features:
- blondemamaVIPDined on 6/4/2014Simply put, one of my favorite places to dine. Enjoy the prix fixe meals and have always gotten out on time for the theatre.Special Features: