Meso Maya - Preston Forest
11909 Preston Rd
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Meso Maya - Preston Forest
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mesomaya.com/
- Phone: 4697264390
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Nico Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: El Rincon - Nestled in the back, secluded from the main dining area, EL RINCON FEATURES cozy banquettes and warm dark wood; will accommodate up to 40 seated guests.
- Private Party Contact: Zak Blanton 972-388-5428x
A word from Meso Maya - Preston Forest
MesoMaya, Comida y Copas, is located at the northwest corner of Preston Road and Forest Lane. This premiere location offers fresh, bold and earthy flavors of authentic interior Mexican cuisine and traditions inspired by the natural wisdom of Chef Nico Sanchez.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meso Maya - Preston Forest reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (45)great for lunch (36)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (22)kid-friendly (20)great for brunch (20)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent Authetic Mexican CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Meso Maya served an excellent brunch/lunch menu. All the dishes we had were flavorful, in large quantity and nicely presented: Skinng Eggs and Pulled Pork Enchiladas. The Mexican cholocate cake dessert with vanilla ice cream was wonderful too. The restaurant is large and spacious, great for a large party, but also good for a table of two. It's not noisy at all so one can have a conversation without shouting. Will be back to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I've been looking for good Mexican food in the Dallas/Plano area and this place came highly recommended. It lived up to the recommendation. It was a fantastic and delicious birthday date night. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Go to place!BelomorVIPDined on 8/10/2014For any occasion at any time - Meso Maya is a good choice! We love their take on seafood -any fish on the menu is great! With a friendly attentive service it is a perfect place for lunch, brunch or dinner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Had the brisket enchiladas. Just delicious. Also very good table salsa & chips. Wine is a little pricy by the glass for what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BrendaDined on 8/8/2014Great food , excellent service, been there twice, does not dissapoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 outa 3 ain't badBigTexDined on 8/7/2014Great food, great service, ambiance not up to the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great go-to placeKoodlesDined on 8/1/2014We love eating here because you get good food, good drinks, good service every time. My husband always orders the top shelf margarita and i enjoy a glass of Malbec. He ordered an entree salad and I had an enchilada plate. Really good taste, temperature. We truly always have a great experience dining here--but it's not for a quiet, romantic time!Special Features:
- Spectacular! We will be back!aspergerlDined on 8/1/2014My family and I had dinner at Meso Maya. We were thrilled to learn most menu items are gluten free. My husband and son had the pollo tacos and I had the seafood enchiladas. We also had their guacamole and I had an avocado margarita. My guys enjoyed the tacos, which include habanero sauce on the side. The seafood enchiladas had generous amounts of well-seasoned shrimp, crab, and avocado, with a wonderful, tangy tomatillo sauce. The black beans that came with our meals were really good. The avocado margarita and the guacamole were outstanding. My son couldn't get enough of the guacamole, and he normally is not a big veggie fan. The staff was very friendly, especially our server. We will definitely return as soon as we can!Special Features:
- Great Food & DrinksClassyRagtopMamaDined on 7/23/2014This upscale Mexican (not TexMex) restaurant has exceptional food, drinks and service. My company brought some guests from the UK for dinner this week. Reservations were made through Open Table which was really convenient. We started with drinks and appetizers. The Avocado Margarita sounds strange but is really delicious. It is a sweeter Margarita because of the pineapple juice. We had a variety of entrees and everyone declared them delicious. We ordered two desserts to share and these were great as well. Service was attentive but unobtrusive. We really enjoyed our evening. The only negative was the noise level. With 8 guests it was very difficult to hear from one end of the table to another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality upscale Mexican-Not TexMex!TheRealDJDined on 7/19/2014Excellent meal here with a variety of apps and dishes.Special Features:
- Great food, great service--but loudEpimetheusDined on 7/18/2014The food was quite good, and the service was exceptional. And given that it was very reasonably priced, it was a good value. It would be even better if the ambiance was equivalent to the food and service. The restaurant is very loud (with lots of infants and children when we were there) and it doesn't offer much in the way of intimacy. So I would definitely not recommend it for a romantic night out (unless you have a rather impoverished notion of what's romantic). It's a good, family-friendly neighborhood restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsChristinaLWVIPDined on 7/16/2014Favorite is the corn tamale, which I don't even think is on the menu. The blanco queso is superior to some Tex Mex. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently gooddiningdollarDined on 7/13/2014always good....excellent queso, great service, the mercado salad is one of the best in town. YUMSpecial Features:
- Meso MayaKathrynDined on 7/12/2014We've been to Meso Maya many times and are always very pleased with the food and the service. It's always fresh and flavorful.Special Features:
- Mesomaya is a fav!TrufoodieDined on 7/10/2014Our office group loves Mesomaya. It is a favorite place, especially when we have a large group. They are always accommodating to our needs!Special Features:
- Great Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/4/2014This is a neighborhood gem that we go to on a monthly basis. You can never go wrong with the carne asada and the margueritas are awesome. We have had a number of special occasions there and the service is great and they are set up for parties of up to 19 comfortably. The fruit cobbler desserts with ice cream are worth the calories.Special Features:
- When you want MexicanGourmetGourmandVIPDined on 6/29/2014Nothing fancy, but an OK place when you are looking for Mexican. Better salsa than most.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dazed and ConfusedkillthebuddhaDined on 6/29/2014We go to the downtown location of Meso Maya regularly and were disappointed by the Preston - Forrest location. Service was slow and confused, waiters changing mid-stream with long delays in getting drinks (and it wasn't particularly crowded). I always get Posole Verde at the other location and it's one of my favorite dishes in town. Their version bore almost no resemblance - chicken instead of pork, hardly any hominy, and barely seasoned. I suspect that the heavily Anglo clientele causes them to tone down the food. Diner's downtown are more varied lot, with, I imagine, more sophisticated palettes. Go there for food and atmosphere; go to Preston-Forrest if you're accompanied by kids or really old people.Special Features:
- Excellent 1st time experienceInvictusDined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent and service was magnificent. We admittedly went at a time in which the restaurant wasn't extremely crowded, so that may be a factor, but our experience was very positive. There were 5 of us and each person remarked at the quality of the meal and the exceptional flavors that we hadn't had in many other restaurants that compete in this space. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!BelomorVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great food, great service, love this place. Try their Salmon Coco, wow!Special Features:
- Great mexican flavorDanteDined on 6/19/2014This a natural fresh meals. Traditional Mexican style. Great cheff Inovations. Service great, fast, friendly!! Great place !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meso Maya is Great!FoodiwExtraordinareDined on 6/13/2014Consistently good food. Dishes with an edge and not just another Mexican restaurant. If you want traditional is is served with style. If you want something different they have wonderful Mayan dishes! Great Margaritas on the rocks....simply great! Make a reservation if you can or be prepared much of the time to wait. Great neighborhood find for us....we are becoming regulars! You will too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the WaitMrsPrestonHollowVIPDined on 6/12/2014We had to wait over 20 minutes for a welcome cocktail. I finally telephoned the restaurant and asked for our waiter. He appeared and said, "I was here, I bought your water." Great, but a greeting and a drink would have been good too. Once we got past that, it was all good. Several of us enjoyed the salmon. This place is a fave and we will be back....Suspect service this time was not the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant foodEatsoutalotDined on 6/8/2014Had a great experience at Mesomaya. The atmosphere was great. Went there on recommendations of others using open table. I would recommend it as well. The service was excellent as well. For a wednesday, there were no open tables when we were there.Special Features:
- NeighborhoodreliableDined on 5/30/2014A neighborhood reliable Mexican Restaurant. Some unique dishes and usually at least one special every evening.Special Features:
- Food was fair at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Enchiladas were just okay for the price. Carne Asada was not worth the price. Drinks are good but for the price, needed to be stronger and we all felt like they were skimping on alcohol.Special Features:
- Perfect nightfromPlanoDined on 5/25/2014DFW area has mostly Tex Mex food. If you have never had Central/Southern Mexican fare, you are in for a gem of an experience. The food was absolutely superb! We loved the atmosphere. We loved the waiter's attention to our needs. We love the food. Absolutely perfect dining. We will be back, and have been telling our friends and family over and over again.Special Features:
- Family dinnerJuJuBDined on 5/17/2014Everyone enjoyed the food and margaritas! Waiter recommended a very nice wine which I enjoyed. I would most definitely come back here again!Special Features:
- Great time!smt14Dined on 5/11/2014I took my mom for Mother's Day and she loved it! It's a nice change from Mi Cocina and Taco Diner...my new favorite place to go!Special Features:
- Excellent brunchHate2waitDined on 5/11/2014Nice setting with great food. Service was extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JenTXDined on 5/9/2014The more I go to Meso Maya, the more I love it. The food is consistently delicious and the atmosphere is subtle with wide-open space for dining. I love their sangria and the service is unobtrusive, yet attentive.Special Features:
- Consistently superbOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/8/2014I've eaten at Meso Maya several times and have always been pleased. This was my first time to try the salmon. This was cooked to perfection, somthing rare today, it's usually overcooked and dry. Not here. It was simply perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco de MayocowboyVIPDined on 5/5/2014Great service on a busy day. Food good as usual. This is not your usual Tex-Mex, it is more authentic and better.Special Features:
- The following 205 reviews are from the Meso Maya - Preston Forest reviews archive.
- Unique offeringsAlanDined on 4/12/2014We drive a considerable distance to dine at Meso Maya. We were seated immediately with our OpenTable reservation while we saw many people waiting for their table. The guacamole appetizer was creamy and spiced nicely. We had entrees of Pollo con Mole and Short Ribs Relleno which were both excellent and not things found at many other Mexican restaurants. Overall, an enjoyable casual Saturday dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantnancyDined on 4/11/2014The food was great. I am a vegan and they accommodated me very well in making some spinach enchiladas ---they were not on the menu. The specialty margarita with muddled avocado was really good as well as the Mexican martini! This was our first time to eat there and we will definitely go back. Our waiter was excellent and very accommodating. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and ReliableAudreypoodlesVIPDined on 4/10/2014Meso Maya continues to get better and better. The servers are very friendly and accommodating. The food is always very fresh and delicious. Especially nice are the healthy offerings of fresh vegetables. A great neighborhood restaurant you can always count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuv2cookDined on 4/10/2014After reading others reviews, I was really looking forward to a non-Tex-Mex dinner. It was so loud, our little table of 4 could barely hear each other. Ambiance is not great. Just one big room with tables. I haven't been to the downtown location yet and hope it's better. Our waiter was very young and didn't know the menu well, never refilled our water glasses, and asked if we were there for a special occasion ( friends birthday)and still didn't bring my friend a birthday dessert or even a dessert menu!!! I would not go back to this location. The noise level was so high it made the dining experience uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Beautiful EveningFoodieDined on 3/29/2014With the front of this restaurant opened, we had the feel of a covered patio on a perfect evening. Service was prompt and efficient. The cocktails were prepared exactly as requested and they were delicious. You must try the avocado margarita! The entrees were beautifully presented, and delicious. The arugula salad, and shrimp tacos were standouts at our table. We visit Meso Maya frequently and have enjoyed it every time. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Well Run RestaurantJerryVPDined on 3/22/2014We have been back about once a month for the past four months. Service is prompt, professional and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Night?FrancineDined on 3/22/2014Server didn't know the tequila used in the basic margarita. Two of us ordered a salad and chicken enchilada, one ordered just an entree, other ordered guacamole and tortilla soup. Most everything we ordered was served at the same time. One salad was served, I was served my salad with the enchilada plate, another of us was served the guacamole and soup together, and the other person was served the entree. The other enchilada arrived later, as it should. The margarita tasted like lemonade, not a hint of tequila. The tortilla soup was barely warm, the entree was barely warm. The mole sauce was overpowering on the enchilada. I've made chicken mole from scratch and it can be very complementary without being too much.