Meso Maya - Preston Forest
11909 Preston Rd
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Meso Maya - Preston Forest
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mesomaya.com/
- Phone: 4697264390
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Nico Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: El Rincon - Nestled in the back, secluded from the main dining area, EL RINCON FEATURES cozy banquettes and warm dark wood; will accommodate up to 40 seated guests.
- Private Party Contact: Zak Blanton 972-388-5428x
A word from Meso Maya - Preston Forest
MesoMaya, Comida y Copas, is located at the northwest corner of Preston Road and Forest Lane. This premiere location offers fresh, bold and earthy flavors of authentic interior Mexican cuisine and traditions inspired by the natural wisdom of Chef Nico Sanchez.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meso Maya - Preston Forest reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (45)fit for foodies (38)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (19)special occasion (19)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (15)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (3)Show More
- lesliejuniorVIPDined on 10/12/2014Food was good. Service was terrible. Drink prices are high for what you get, i.e., very little alcohol and lots of ice. Even though I made a reservation, they were not busy on a Sunday evening.
- Great food, friendly peopleopentabledinerDined on 10/11/2014Birthday dinner with family (7 total) and the staff was very accommodating, re-seating us for more room, took our birthday cake and put it in their fridge. Everyone in our party was complementary. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Tex-Mex AlternativeDennyDined on 10/10/2014If you're looking for something Mexican but slightly different than most out there, check out Meso Maya. Mexico City flare with sauces, spices and sides that are full of flavor but a welcome departure from the typical Big-D taco diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family birthday dinnerBuffyDined on 9/27/2014Lovely atmosphere. There were 6 in our party and we sat in a U shaped booth. Five of us are on the shorter side and we all felt crammed into the booth. Our waiter didn't check on us very often. We couldn't get his attention to get drink refills. Food was just ok. Brisket enchiladas weren't good. The skirt steak was delicious and they made an exception to serve the birthday honoree a lunch only item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotldaschaVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food here is average, and a bit out of the ordinary, so be prepared to try something out of your comfort zone. The drink selections are good, and the service is also very good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Excellent food and service. Definitely not run of the mill Mexican restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home run againFrancesVIPDined on 9/20/2014I just celebrated my birthday at Mesomaya with 25 friends. They did an excellent job as always...service was on top of their game with keeping cocktails flowing, and timing the food and birthday cake perfectly. Everyone had an awesome experience.Special Features:
- We are repeat customersJerryVPDined on 9/20/2014This has become our favorite restaurant. Great service. good food. Always served hot from the kitchen. Be sure to reserve through OpenTable, as this restaurant will have a waiting list on the weekends for sure. When we entered, they had set up for a party of about 20. Large groups are common here.Special Features:
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Great approach in every way. Loved it and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go againPonocatVIPDined on 9/16/2014I have enjoyed the Meso Maya in uptown on McKinney several times. I was in the Preston area and decided to give this one a try. Even though it is the same menu, it is not as good. I had the vegetarian enchiladas. The blue corn tortillas were so tough that they could barely be cut, let alone chewed. There were far fewer vegetables than are served in the same dish uptown. The noise level was atrocious because the music was cranked up too high.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Food was very good quality. Definitely not Tex-Mex. Red salsa was addictive with chips. Margaritas tasted fine but not very potent.Special Features:
- Poor serviceWebsterVIPDined on 9/10/2014Our table wasn't ready for 15 minutes. Our waiter kept disappearing. Our order was very slow arriving. The food was good but the poor service kept us from enjoying the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good varietyBGLTBVIPDined on 9/6/2014Nice area restaurant. Not straight Mexican food and solid choices on the seafood and the not Tex Mex style of Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Mexican foodFrancesVIPDined on 9/5/2014Mesomaya is not Tex Mex. if you are looking for food that is heated under a heat lamp with melted orange cheese, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for authentic cooked Mexican specialties like Budin Azteca, Chicharrones, Conchinita Pibil and and other delicious dishes, this is the place to be. I love that the staff has been there a long time...it's always nice to be greeted with familiar and friendly faces. The bar is awesome. They make delicious and original specialty cocktails. Food and service is consistently good.Special Features:
- Great Food!DLDFWDined on 9/4/2014Food is outstanding, but noise level is very high.Special Features:
- Margaritas to enjoy with friendsdolphinDined on 9/3/2014Casual environment to have a great Mexican lunch or dinner with friends or coworkers enjoying margaritas and nice foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!MyLuluDined on 8/29/2014I have no complaints about this place. The food, ambiance was worth every penny and the staff was so nice and helpful. I was there for my birthday (1st time) but will definitely be going back!! Great job to the owner and chefs of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!josem330VIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent service and food quality. The Enchiladas with Mole were amazing. I had the Short Rib Relleno and it is one of the best meals that I have ever had. Great margaritas! I was a little disappointed with the Flan; it was a bit bland. But restaurant overall was excellent!! Will visit again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedBoiNaBrazaDined on 8/23/2014We made reservations for Restaurant Week and expected it to be more upscale than it was. They only had 1 item to choose from on Appetizer, Main Course and Dessert. We ordered from main menu and spent what it would have cost for just 1 person on Restaurant Week. To say the least, we were a little disappointed. Not sure why they were selected to be a restaurant host for Restaurant Week. We won't be going back - not worth the drive from Grapevine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Love the food. Service was great. Difficult to have conversation because of noise level.Special Features:
- Excellent Authetic Mexican CuisineNextPlaceDined on 8/16/2014Meso Maya served an excellent brunch/lunch menu. All the dishes we had were flavorful, in large quantity and nicely presented: Skinng Eggs and Pulled Pork Enchiladas. The Mexican cholocate cake dessert with vanilla ice cream was wonderful too. The restaurant is large and spacious, great for a large party, but also good for a table of two. It's not noisy at all so one can have a conversation without shouting. Will be back to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I've been looking for good Mexican food in the Dallas/Plano area and this place came highly recommended. It lived up to the recommendation. It was a fantastic and delicious birthday date night. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Go to place!BelomorVIPDined on 8/10/2014For any occasion at any time - Meso Maya is a good choice! We love their take on seafood -any fish on the menu is great! With a friendly attentive service it is a perfect place for lunch, brunch or dinner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Had the brisket enchiladas. Just delicious. Also very good table salsa & chips. Wine is a little pricy by the glass for what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BrendaDined on 8/8/2014Great food , excellent service, been there twice, does not dissapoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 outa 3 ain't badBigTexDined on 8/7/2014Great food, great service, ambiance not up to the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great go-to placeKoodlesDined on 8/1/2014We love eating here because you get good food, good drinks, good service every time. My husband always orders the top shelf margarita and i enjoy a glass of Malbec. He ordered an entree salad and I had an enchilada plate. Really good taste, temperature. We truly always have a great experience dining here--but it's not for a quiet, romantic time!Special Features:
- Spectacular! We will be back!aspergerlDined on 8/1/2014My family and I had dinner at Meso Maya. We were thrilled to learn most menu items are gluten free. My husband and son had the pollo tacos and I had the seafood enchiladas. We also had their guacamole and I had an avocado margarita. My guys enjoyed the tacos, which include habanero sauce on the side. The seafood enchiladas had generous amounts of well-seasoned shrimp, crab, and avocado, with a wonderful, tangy tomatillo sauce. The black beans that came with our meals were really good. The avocado margarita and the guacamole were outstanding. My son couldn't get enough of the guacamole, and he normally is not a big veggie fan. The staff was very friendly, especially our server. We will definitely return as soon as we can!Special Features:
- Great Food & DrinksClassyRagtopMamaDined on 7/23/2014This upscale Mexican (not TexMex) restaurant has exceptional food, drinks and service. My company brought some guests from the UK for dinner this week. Reservations were made through Open Table which was really convenient. We started with drinks and appetizers. The Avocado Margarita sounds strange but is really delicious. It is a sweeter Margarita because of the pineapple juice. We had a variety of entrees and everyone declared them delicious. We ordered two desserts to share and these were great as well. Service was attentive but unobtrusive. We really enjoyed our evening. The only negative was the noise level. With 8 guests it was very difficult to hear from one end of the table to another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality upscale Mexican-Not TexMex!TheRealDJDined on 7/19/2014Excellent meal here with a variety of apps and dishes.Special Features:
- Great food, great service--but loudEpimetheusDined on 7/18/2014The food was quite good, and the service was exceptional. And given that it was very reasonably priced, it was a good value. It would be even better if the ambiance was equivalent to the food and service. The restaurant is very loud (with lots of infants and children when we were there) and it doesn't offer much in the way of intimacy. So I would definitely not recommend it for a romantic night out (unless you have a rather impoverished notion of what's romantic). It's a good, family-friendly neighborhood restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsChristinaLWVIPDined on 7/16/2014Favorite is the corn tamale, which I don't even think is on the menu. The blanco queso is superior to some Tex Mex. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently gooddiningdollarDined on 7/13/2014always good....excellent queso, great service, the mercado salad is one of the best in town. YUMSpecial Features:
- Meso MayaKathrynDined on 7/12/2014We've been to Meso Maya many times and are always very pleased with the food and the service. It's always fresh and flavorful.Special Features:
- Mesomaya is a fav!TrufoodieDined on 7/10/2014Our office group loves Mesomaya. It is a favorite place, especially when we have a large group. They are always accommodating to our needs!Special Features:
- Great Mexican foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/4/2014This is a neighborhood gem that we go to on a monthly basis. You can never go wrong with the carne asada and the margueritas are awesome. We have had a number of special occasions there and the service is great and they are set up for parties of up to 19 comfortably. The fruit cobbler desserts with ice cream are worth the calories.Special Features:
- When you want MexicanGourmetGourmandVIPDined on 6/29/2014Nothing fancy, but an OK place when you are looking for Mexican. Better salsa than most.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dazed and ConfusedkillthebuddhaDined on 6/29/2014We go to the downtown location of Meso Maya regularly and were disappointed by the Preston - Forrest location. Service was slow and confused, waiters changing mid-stream with long delays in getting drinks (and it wasn't particularly crowded). I always get Posole Verde at the other location and it's one of my favorite dishes in town. Their version bore almost no resemblance - chicken instead of pork, hardly any hominy, and barely seasoned. I suspect that the heavily Anglo clientele causes them to tone down the food. Diner's downtown are more varied lot, with, I imagine, more sophisticated palettes. Go there for food and atmosphere; go to Preston-Forrest if you're accompanied by kids or really old people.Special Features:
- Excellent 1st time experienceInvictusDined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent and service was magnificent. We admittedly went at a time in which the restaurant wasn't extremely crowded, so that may be a factor, but our experience was very positive. There were 5 of us and each person remarked at the quality of the meal and the exceptional flavors that we hadn't had in many other restaurants that compete in this space. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meso Maya gets it rightHermeskathVIPDined on 6/25/2014Meso Maya serves fresh yummy Mexican food in a little more upscale setting. The food is consistently good and served really fast. They also have a really nice bar menu. It's a fun place.Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Meso Maya - Preston Forest reviews archive.