Meso Maya - Downtown Dallas
1611 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75202Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Meso Maya - Downtown Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mesomaya.com/
- Phone: 2144846555x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday- Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Nico Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Meso Maya - Downtown Dallas
¡Bienvenidos a nuestra casa!Continued
Meso Maya provides a culinary adventure into the fresh, earthy and bold flavors
That are the heart and soul of Mayan and Mexican cuisine.
Meso Maya provides a culinary adventure into the fresh, earthy and bold flavors
That are the heart and soul of Mayan and Mexican cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meso Maya - Downtown Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (97)good for groups (84)fit for foodies (75)great for lunch (66)neighborhood gem (61)hot spot (58)special occasion (41)vibrant bar scene (31)great for brunch (28)romantic (24)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (6)notable wine list (6)Show More
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Has a great atmosphere although it was a little loud. Salsa was delicious and had a roasted flavor that we all loved. I had the chicken budin and it was wonderful. My SIL had the pescado but wasn't too impressed. Tacos were great! Didn't like being set at a 2 tables pushed together, leaving the 5th member of our group eating on the crack. Also didn't feel like the waitress was attentive enough--brought tea refill timely, but no offer to refill for the water drinkers who were 1/2 way or more out of beverage. Asked for more salsa while we waited for our entrees and she brought 1 bowl so we had to ask for more again.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I recently dined here for our 1st wedding anniversary and our server Gabbi was awesome! You MUST try the avocado margarita it is to die for!Special Features:
- OkTA1991Dined on 9/19/2014It was an overall ok. Service was terrible. Even though we made reservations we weren't seated until an hr. after.Special Features:
- Great restaurantvmweldonDined on 9/17/2014Interesting menu with authentic Mexican food. We really enjoyed our evening at Meso Maya.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but bad serviceanniversaryDined on 9/13/2014First time going to this restaurant, we made reservations and everything was going well until we meet with our waiter who we told her it was our anniversary and since we were dressed up my husband asked how he look, she insulted him and when we asked why she said that she insulted him again stating she was just speaking her mind and telling the truth about the way he looked. She seemed maybe upset or unhappy of the working there or maybe was having a bad day but she was definetly unprofessional. Food was great so 1 person will not change my mind of going back, just hope we have better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is consistantly goodandiDined on 9/11/2014I have never had a bad meal at Meso Maya. The Short Rib Relleno was excellent. Also try the avocado margarita. Sounds disgusting, but tastes delicious.Special Features:
- LovehandmadefoodDined on 9/5/2014Unique Mexican food. Enjoyed with friends for lunch. Using Open Table made it wait-free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodforthoughtfoodforthoughtDined on 8/31/2014It's a great 2nd location. The building is really cool and gives the restaurant a good ambience. I highly recommend you go elsewhere if you're one of those that doesn't like cilantro. They put it in everything and won't make an exception if you ask for a dish to be prepared without the contested herb. The waiter was nice and wanted to accommodate but the kitchen wouldn't cooperate. All my people who like cilantro enjoyed their meal! And, PS the salsa is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found Meso Maya via OpenTableDavesFoodPhoneVIPDined on 8/31/2014It was a GEM. All the meals in Dallas Ft Worth were great but Sunday lunch (it was a huge Brunch crowd) was Great.Special Features:
- Great bar drinks322larsonDined on 8/30/2014The drinks and tequila choices where very good. Food was okay, I've had better there. Always surprised to have to ask for chips and salsa to be refilled...it's Dallas not Mexico City. TexMex or not we expect chips and salsa. If we wanted to ask, we would have gone to la duni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday partyhillhomeDined on 8/29/2014We took our kids here for their birthday, very attentive staff and food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnotherthinmintDined on 8/28/2014I love Meso Maya. We live downtown and this has become one of my regular go to spots. Although I love Tex-Mex, it's nice to change things up sometimes with the modern Mexican dishes offered here. Highly recommend the guacamole, avocado margarita, and Serrano enchiladas. The food is consistently good, service is attentive, and the atmosphere is great. It has one of our favorite patios in Dallas.Special Features:
- Authentic foodbbletDined on 8/27/2014Tex-Mex is great. It if you are looking for delicious, flavorful real Mexican food, Meso Maya is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be Back!DvilleFoodieDined on 8/24/2014We decided to go during Restaurant Week, and boy, are we glad we did! We didn't even order from the Restaurant Week menu, as we had heard so many good things about Meso Maya. First, the chips, salsa, and queso are amazing! If you have any plans of eating your entrée, then try to refrain from eating too much of the chips, salsa, and queso. It's hard, but try. The cocktails are fantastic. I had heard about the avocado margarita, but decided to try their top shelf instead. It's delicious, smooth, and potent. We ordered a sweet corn cake as an appetizer, and we wish we had ordered more. Our entrees were generous, full of flavor, and fresh. My spouse had the chicken mole, and I had the carne asada. Both were cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The brisket enchiladas were amazing. Can't wait to try more!Special Features:
- Improving with timeDallasEaterDined on 8/22/2014I was a fan when Meso Maya initially opened but they had some issues with seating and serving in a timely manner. These have not been an issue at all my last 2 visits. Wonderful food and perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad management!kikipDined on 8/22/2014We were running 15 minutes late and called the hostess. We showed up and the hostesses were rude and told us we were "no shows". I explained I just called them and then they checked the computer and said, "Oh, I did see where you called". Then the waitress spills our drinks and we are soaked. She did apologize and brought out another round. It took 3 times to get the drink order right. Food took forever getting there and we complained to the manager. He was very nice, but not offer to do anything to make our experience better. He should have bought a round of drinks or offered to pay our dry cleaning bill. Also, the restaurant was so noisy we couldn't carry on a conversation. Won't be going back!
- Great lunchLunchDined on 8/21/2014Manager was most gracious and the food was great. Manager honored the Restaurant Week reservation graciously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoicebankersruleDined on 8/21/2014This place has great food. Brisket enchiladas are the best around. Tender, full of flavor and melt in your mouth. Queso is one of the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!Luv2eatDined on 8/20/2014Amazing selection. Everything is fresh and prepared without preservatives. Fish and chicken was amazing, and the sangria is truly amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Charming Mex/Mayan VenueZenBardDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I came here for dinner before a concert at Gexa Energy Plaza. It was a Sunday night, but the atmosphere was still upbeat and festive (without being overbearing). The food was delicious! I had the carne esada and my wife had pollo enchilada (their mole is phenomenal) and we were both satisfied with our choices. Their wine list is small but appropriate for the cuisine. And the service was fine. Our waiter was prompt and attentive without being a pest. My only issue was how no one could help when I called to confirm directions! The staff should be able to direct people to the restaurant. Other than that, we enjoyed our visit and will definitely return to take advantage of their patio when it cools down outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great veg optionssaraDined on 8/16/2014We had the budin azteca vegetales and the beet salad. Both were great. The budin azteca was a new dish for me. The layers of tortilla and cheese comprised a much more delicate dish than I expected--nice surprise. The atmosphere was vibrant, but the lighting and table setup on the second floor made the place feel intimate. We had a great time and will be back.Special Features:
- DeliciousDallasFoodieDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I visited Meso Maya for the first time for a belated birthday celebration. We had a great time. The food was excellent; I had the vegetable enchiladas (sans cheese) and he had the shrimp tacos. We were both incredibly pleased. We split the avocado margarita, which was delicious, and shared the dessert sampler, which was exquisite. The service was prompt and friendly. It was a bit noisy and crowded, so not as romantic a setting as we were hoping for, but we knew that was going to be the case and it didn't really bother us. It was fun to see the big groups of families having a great time. It's a place for everyone!Special Features:
- Fun NightBobtDined on 8/15/2014The good was very good. Appetizers were all great. Main courses had lots of flavor. Desserts surprising tasty. Service was exceptional. Just a fabulous night.
- LoudLoudDined on 8/15/2014It was really loud. Food always good. Service can be spotty. Sometimes it is great. Sometimes it is slow. Restaurant week menu had one choice... Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meso (Oh) Maya!TPaneDined on 8/15/2014We went for our first time during Restaurant Week. We ordered from the regular menu. Oh Maya! Everything was delicious! The mole chicken enchilada and sweet corn tamale were amazing. My wife loved the Avocado margarita. The top shelf was darn good too. Our waitperson, Eli, was very friendly and helpful. Being located adjacent to the iconic El Fenix in downtown Dallas seemed rather unusual. Nevertheless, the place was rocking with young and old(er) alike. We now know why. The food and service were "outstanding". We frequent Uptown so we will definitely make a point to go back. We want to try the patio and their taqueria, La Ventana, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thomas our waiter was great.WelivetoeatDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed ourselves very much. The food was amazing. Loved the salsa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNanZ122Dined on 8/13/2014Went for their 2014 Restaurant Week menu and was not let down. Amazing food, great service, and of course unique and flavorful margaritas.Special Features:
- Great food!NYCdiner90Dined on 8/8/2014Awesome food and service, but the restaurant can be loud! Not great for a romantic evening but great to go out with friends. Highly recommended. Try the avocado Margarita - it is terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The food is so delicious every time you get something different it's always wonderful, and love the service.Special Features:
- Noisy and busyLakerayDined on 8/7/2014While a fast-paced energetic environment is appealing, this MesoMaya location is best described as noisy and busy. The service was hurried and slow at the same time. The server was quick to the table but slow the get the drinks and food to the table. The noise level was so high it was hard to hear. I love the Meso Maya on Preston. I think I will stick with that location and leave this spot behind.
- Delicious, as always!jewelryVIPDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant is consistently good. The food is great, the atmosphere is lively. Yummy chips and salsa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backTexasLoveDined on 8/3/2014The queso blanco and salsa were awesome to start. I had carnitas tacos that were maybe the best I've ever eaten, I got a sweet corn chicken tamale (now this was only ok to me, I didn't love the sauce, but everything else was so great, that's ok). My husband got carne asada and he said it was amazing along with a side of elote con crema that was sweet and delish. I also had the Serrano strawberry margarita that was yummy and had some spice. We finished with a blueberry cake baked in a skillet and Mexican vanilla ice cream with blueberry drizzle... I'm so very satisfied with the entire experience. We ate on the patio - perfect weather for a leisurely meal and good conversation.Special Features:
- TitleFoodie123Dined on 8/2/2014Awesome food and awesome service!! We really enjoyed the atmosphere of the outdoor seating, and the weather was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where have I beenReavitupDined on 8/1/2014I love all types of Hispanic food. From family-owned Tex-Mex to Salvadorean, to Mexican Seafood. Why didn't I know of Meso Maya before now. It was delicious all the way thru. Throughout the whole evening we were saying what a find. Go! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Eclectic Tex- MesMickeyDined on 8/1/2014In a state where you'll find Tex-mex on every corner. It was nice to eat Mexican food with central mexico spices. The avocado margarita was awesome! The Carne Asada was perfectly cooked and was accompanied by delicious beans and a perfectly cooked cornbread muffin. The outdoor patio in downtown Dallas is enclosed on all sides. No road noise and fumes to deal with but no view except straight up. I loved this hidden gem!!Special Features:
- Food Fantastic. Service Suspect.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2014The food is outstanding, from the salsa to ceviche, to the tacos to the pork chop. The food is the reason to go and the food is the reason go back...even with suspect service. Servers and staff struggled mightily with busing the table as well as basic service technique. For example, for our appetizer the waiter placed the appetizer plate on top of the menus when there was plenty of room to put the plates to the side. Also, entree's came out before the table was bused from the appetizers. Further, initially the servers seemed to want to just move over the appetizer plate to place the entree plate rather than actually busing it. With better service this review would have been a 4 or a 5 overall.
- Yummy food as alwaysByrongirlDined on 7/31/2014Meso Maya is our "go to" restaurant when we want a very yummy meal without spending a fortune. The wait staff, the hostesses who greet you, the managers who make the rounds to ensure everything is running smoothly. Meso Maya is absolutely one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Upscale Tex-Mexheg123Dined on 7/27/2014Lovely atmosphere especially if you dine outside in the cooler months. The service is incredible, never pushy or in a hurry. Food is great. the guacamole is fantastic. If you like margaritas try the Serrano strawberry margarita!!!!! Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Delicious food and the service for our large group was amazing. We were paced perfectly for a lunch group not rushed but definitely not slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.