Mesa Modern Mexican
42 S. 3rd Street
Easton, PA 18042Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mesa Modern Mexican
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mesamexican.com/
- Phone: 6108292101x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:45pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:45pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Mesa Modern Mexican
We are a modern Mexican restaurant & bar in the heart of downtown Easton. We feature a variety of classic Mexican dishes & small plates with a modern twist. Specializing in frozen and classic margaritas with seasonal flavors, as well as a generous tequila selection. Private "Tequila Room" available for events or parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mesa Modern Mexican - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Mesa Modern Mexican reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (51)great for outdoor dining (37)hot spot (35)special occasion (32)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (28)romantic (23)great for lunch (21)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Will be back!Gilboa52Dined on 8/17/2014Met up with a friend for lunch on a Sunday. Fruited guacamole was outstanding—we enjoyed every bite. Loved my strawberry-jalapeño margarita; great flavor combination and they certainly did not skimp on the tequila! Crispy cod tacos were excellent. Just the right portion size and layers of flavor. Would have loved to try dessert, but didn't have room after all that guac. Parking was easy. We'll be back as there is a lot more on the menu I'd like to try.Special Features:
- Great fish tacos but guacamole bestJoemidiVIPDined on 8/10/2014I don't think you can go to this place without getting the guacamole. This time I got the fish tacos and loved it. It had avocado that truly made it. I especially liked the price.Special Features:
- ScrumptiouseandjDined on 8/9/2014We dined here on a hopping Saturday night. The place was packed but the service was excellent and the wait for our entrees was minimal. We both had scallops and shrimp over lobster ravioli. It was absolutely delicious and the presentation was beautiful. It is served in a "nest" made out of potato that they somehow made into angel-hair pasta thin strands and either fry or bake. The sauce was divine.Special Features:
- Hope Friday was an ExceptionrickDined on 8/8/2014Normally this place is aces, 100% satisfaction. But Friday night we were shocked to get what appeared to be salsa from a can. Not even close to the normal Mesa salsa made fresh with loads of cut tomatoes. This was a watery, chemically tasting mush. I hope they just ran out, and that this isn't a new substitution going forward because this place is known for the salsa and chips that are served. Should also note it came in a big white bowl, instead of the typical themed black cauldron. Also the water we received was warm, which was a disappointment considering the restaurant was experiencing a heat wave inside. Just doesn't taste the same when you are used to their ice cold water that comes in a nice glass container.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a DisappointmentKMKJMBVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant. We have dined at the sister restaurant "Tapas on Main" many times and consistently had great food and wonderful service. Mesa Modern Mexican was the polar opposite. Horrendous service and mediocre food. The staff spent more time socializing than attending to customers. The food was no better than chain food Mexican Cuisine. For the cost, it was not worth the trip.
- Good meal/Great timeJoemidiVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is now the second time we have dined here. I particularly would recommend the guacamole. I would not go here without getting the guacamole. My only complaint is that it's a bit pricey for the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met with friends... was outstandingMarkJamesDined on 8/1/2014This place was a little dark walking in, but they turned up the lights a bit as the night rolled on. The food was outstanding, as was the service, and it made a special night even more special. The food is great, decent portions, and the menu has something for everyone. Have been there before, and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Nice evening outfoodyfrequenterDined on 7/29/2014Mesa Modern Mexican is a true gem in downtown Easton. Great food, service, setting. Our server Amanda was attentive and helpful with our choices.Special Features:
- Food was very goodLmk117Dined on 7/27/2014I had the Salmon tacos and the vegetarian quesadilla for an appetizer. Both were amazing & delicious. The chicken enchilada's were a little dry however. The restaurant was pretty crowded and the service was not the best. The waiter really never checked on us or refilled our drinks.Special Features:
- DuziDined on 7/25/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Mesa Modern Mexican. The hostesses were very friendly, our server was fun and very efficient and the music was just the right touch! I was only there for dinner, but I would love to visit for brunch and lunch. I'm sure my comments would be favorable! The fish tacos ad guacamole were exceptional along with a yummy Mango Margarita. Hopefully, my schedule in the future will permit a chance to experience the nightlife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mex FunJulBurkartDined on 7/21/2014Love the margheritas and guacamole. Delicious and infectious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must VisitabsolutemustDined on 7/19/2014Was an excellent find. The waitress was AMAZING, very energetic and being a first date gave us tons of time to chat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningmenusueDined on 7/18/2014Even the non-guacamole members of our group loved the table side guacamole- gone in a flash! The menu is exciting- not standard boring Mexican at all. It will take many visits to explore all the unique and interesting options. The limoncello basil margarita was interestingly yummy and lets just say- not weak. All of our entrees were delicious and the service was wonderful. We love Mesa Modern!Special Features:
- Taco TuesdaylynnDined on 7/15/2014Best deal of $2 tacos. Noramlly there for $10 never fills me, but four for $8 did the trick! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014We tried Mesa Modern Mexican for the first time and were impressed with service, food quality and convenience. We are anxious to return and explore the menu.Special Features:
- Great food and drinksHarleyDined on 7/5/2014The food was wonderful --the drinks were excellent -- the service was excellent. It was some of the best Mexican food we have had. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraciasGraciasDined on 7/4/2014High end mexican food and drinks. Fifth wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014To start the chorizo guacamole was out of this world. The bowl was wiped clean when it was all said and done. for our entrees my ice had the grilled hanger steak with lobster fried rice which she loved, I had the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with sun dried tomato mashed potatoes and spinach. The pork melted in my mouth, properly cooked and the flavor was outstanding. The sun dried mashed potatoes and spinach were unbelievable. The plates were clean when dinner was over. Finally I need to say our server, Edwin, was fantastic. Since it was our first time there he guided us through and made dinner very enjoyable. When we go back again I hope to have him again.Special Features:
- Love this placeLove2eatDined on 6/27/2014Excellent service and fantastic Mexican cuisine. It was noisy but they did have entertainment. We will be back, over and over againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFoodluvDined on 6/26/2014We will be returning ! Can't believe we haven't been here before !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MesaGreatdrinksDined on 6/20/2014Wish there was more outdoor seating. Inside was way too darkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- June 14 2014GuacamoleDined on 6/14/2014Our forth visit to mesa modern- we brought the kids. Girl 18 Boy 13. They made alterations to the food choices they selected just for their liking. Server went out of her way to ensure fantastic service. There was a kitchen glitch... Half our food went to wrong table and they comped our drinks for the inconvenience. That was completely unexpected but greatly appreciated. Along with the food customer service is top notch. Love love LOVE Mesa ModernSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Mex with modern FixRobbieMDined on 6/13/2014The menu is fairly focused... and our food was executed extremely well. Very vibrant margarita, table made guac (we had it with chorizo), and nicely paired flavors on the app menu (probably could just order everything and enjoy it). Definite spot for drinks and some tasty bites, and an attentive front-of-house manager. This is NOT "cheese and sour cream" Mexican, either.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereTAT12345678Dined on 6/9/2014We really enjoyed our night out with the kids. They were able to accommodate a picky eater and Juan, our server, was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable and competent. It was my husband's bday so he even surprised us with a delicious flour less cake. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The BEST guacamole!KimCDined on 6/3/2014Mesa has a wonderful, creative menu of new Mexican cuisine. The tacos are fantastic! There are several varieties of tacos, all delicious. The various guacamole offerings are great as well. Their drink menu is varied, with good options for beer, wine, and mixed drinks, especially margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FinddateniteDined on 5/31/2014Nice atmosphere and attentive waitress. Food was very good . Margarita's made with fresh ingredients and you can actually taste the alcohol not like some watered down ones. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/30/2014Good and service are great. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to eat.DanielDined on 5/25/2014Visited Mesa for first time on Sunday, May 25, 2014. Decided to try it purely on reviews read online. No regrets. The food was delicious and the service was exceptional. Would highly recommended to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We miss PacificoFoodieSRDined on 5/24/2014Mesa Modern Mexican is very similar to Pacifico in many ways except its a drive for us. It was wonderful to have Pacifico a lot closer in Center Valley. The food is delicious and some of the menu items are available here as well. Guacamole as always was wonderful. The beef skewers, ceviche and carne asada tostadas were all flavorful and deliicious. Nicely done restaurant and loved the corner table we got.Special Features:
- We've gone back SEVERAL times...LynnDined on 5/23/2014...and will continue to do so! SO happy to have discovered this GREAT neighborhood gem in the downtown, college town of Easton, PA a couple of years ago. They were great from the day they opened and continue to please. The contemporary flair to the Mexican food will both surprise and satiate you and the drinks are exceptional as well. And don't pass up the freshly-made guacamole (made right at your table)! This place tends to get very crowded (always love a hustling, bustling restaurant!), so I strongly suggest reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturday night dinnersatnightDined on 5/17/2014Not a traditional mexican rest. Menu but food was great. They serve chips and salsa to start. We had the fillet skewers. Came with a great sauce. For a main course i had the chicken roulade and my wife had a pasta dish...yes pasta at mexican restaurant. Delicious mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step above Mexican cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We've been to Mesa twice now. My companion has never been a fan of Mexican food and he loves the unique exciting take on traditional Mexican selections offered at Mesa. And as at their sister restaurant, Tapas, the employees are top notch. They make you feel like visiting friends. We love both managers, Laura and Brittany, for seeing to our every need. Paul Reilly and Lynne WallsSpecial Features:
- Vibrant & Interesting!DochDined on 5/16/2014Tasty. Nothing is held back. Get the table-blended guacamole as a starter. Then an appetizer...throw a dart, it'll be good. Then, Tacos galore. Excellent margaritas, rocks or straight up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Margaritas & Tacosluv2bmomDined on 5/13/2014What could be better than a great tasting margarita & delicious tacos! My daughter & I sat at one of the bar tables for dinner. Our waiter, David, was attentive & knowledgable with the drink & food menu. The restaurant was busy with patrons but things seemed to be running smoothly for the staff. Our drinks & food were prepared well & we enjoyed our evening at Mesa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointedfoodie5Dined on 5/12/2014We have been to Mesa many times before and the food is always consistently good as well as the service, but this time was the exception. There really was no reason for the poor service since it was 4 o'clock on a Monday and the place was dead. She lacked personality to be a waitress and acted indifferent to serving us. Whenever we needed anything, she was no where to be found. Hoping she was just having a bad day. We had to ask for more water, more chips for our guacamole since there were 3 of us and chips were served in a very small bowl. When it was time for our check, again she was no where to be found. Again, since they were not very busy, this was disappointing.
- Good as UsualrickDined on 5/11/2014Don't show up to a place like Mesa and order what you are comfortable with - try something new! Ask the host/server what the chef recommends. They probably put a lot of work into the unique and special dishes. Food was great this visit. Salsa was a tad watery compared to other times. And the service was a bit slow for how empty it was, however we were with family and wouldn't want to rush the only time we got to spend together anyway.
- Even better than expected Gem!FloridaMikeDined on 5/10/2014A couple of friends spoke highly of Mesa, so it has been on our must go to list for a couple of months ..... so glad that we finally got there! We sat at the bar as we like to talk easier, rather than across a table. The bar tenders were very attentive, but not obnoxiously so! It was even better than we expected. Starting with a margarita with a little jalapeño (a perfect balance of margarita flavor and a little spice from the jalapeño) and then complimentary chips and salsa. Some of the best we've ever had. Dinner was shrimp over lobster ravioli in a cream sauce that was indescribably delicious. Portion was small, but flavor made up for that and I would definitely get it again .... can't wait to go to Mesa again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- place to go for guacamolewineloverDined on 5/5/2014Excellant guacomole. Had the one with the chorizo on top. Excellant. Went on CInco De Mayo so a live band was playing. Great time, great food. Only dissapointment was that the chips were not authentic, or home made. It was our anniversary, and we ordered a drink we had concocted many years ago. Bartender made it - no questions asked, and it was great!Special Features:
- Fun on Cinco de MayoJoemidiVIPDined on 5/5/2014We were there for Cinco de Mayo and had a great time. The food was excellent and it was a lot of fun. They had a DJ playing some great Mexican music including hotel from California Mexican-style. I would highly recommend going to this place even if it's not a holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindMesaDined on 5/4/2014Good food, great service. Glad we found this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.