Mesa Modern Mexican
42 S. 3rd Street
Easton, PA 18042Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mesa Modern Mexican
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mesamexican.com/
- Phone: (610) 829-2101
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:45pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:45pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Mesa Modern Mexican
We are a modern Mexican restaurant & bar in the heart of downtown Easton. We feature a variety of classic Mexican dishes & small plates with a modern twist. Specializing in frozen and classic margaritas with seasonal flavors, as well as a generous tequila selection. Private "Tequila Room" available for events or parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mesa Modern Mexican - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Mesa Modern Mexican reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (34)good for groups (33)great for outdoor dining (30)vibrant bar scene (30)great for lunch (29)special occasion (26)romantic (20)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistant in every positive wayJulieMarksDined on 11/25/2014I visited this restaurant many months ago and at that time was impressed with the delicious food and great service. Last Tuesday I took friends to dine. By 7:30 [Tuesday!] there was not an empty table; indicative of the establishment. Fresh, flavorful food, with all dietary restrictions considered. Service was wonderful as well. Highlights are as advertized, guacamole that comes many versions mashed right at your table in a molcajete. $2 taco Tuesday. They also serve many specialty margaritas and martinis. Great spot, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty tacoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014The food, drinks and service was excellent. The only downside was the dinning room was not well lite. We had to use the flash lights from our cell phones to read the menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican Restaurant in the Lehigh ValleyebrettDined on 11/22/2014My husband and I decided to try something new... We're so glad we did!! Everything was delicious. The Fruit Guac is an absolute must try. Service was great (Brittany rocks!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodAustinDined on 11/15/2014While the menu isn't terribly extensive, each item is extraordinarily well thought through and absolutely delicious. The service is pretty good, but make reservations ahead of time—this place gets crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican with a twist!Bike42Dined on 11/15/2014This was our first time dining at Mesa Modern Mexican, and we were very pleased. Our server was Edwin, who was very personable and helpful. He was knowledgeable about the menu, and the items he recommended were great. He suggested Guacamole con Frutas, made with mango and pomegranate, and the Roasted Pork Quesadilla, both of which we really enjoyed. Entrees included the Rotisserie Chicken Enchilada with red mole, served with cilantro lime brown rice, and the Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin, with sun-dried tomato whipped potatoes, which were both delicious. At Edwin's recommendation, I ordered the Roasted Chicken Roulade, stuffed with chorizo, goat cheese, raisins and roasted peppers, served with garlic arugula whipped potatoes. It was every bit as special as he said it would be. The portions were generous, so we were able to bring home leftovers to enjoy. We were dining with another couple and Edwin offered separate checks, which was helpful since our friends did not order alcohol. He even divided the appetizers, putting half the cost on each of our bills. We look forward to visiting Mesa Modern Mexican again, and will certainly recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmmdeloDined on 11/8/2014We had a really good experience at Mesa. The service was great, and our food was delicious! The margaritas were awesome as well! Very neat twist on Mexican food.Special Features:
- Luv2eatnEastonDined on 11/7/2014Good food, good service. Love the guacamole, and they make great sangrias. One of my favorite restaurants in EastonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fresh Fresh!NoCookingTonightDined on 11/3/2014Awesome place! There were so many great dishes on the menu that it was hard to decide. Gluten free options for my son with Celiac Disease. Excellent, friendly service and great margarita! Not our first trip...every time is a treat...worth the 30 minute drive for us.Special Features:
- Fine Dining ExperienceSacredmealsDined on 11/3/2014We had a relatively large group of 10 yet the service and food made the experience more akin to a romantic meal among close friends. The food and beer selections were all outstanding. The staff was particularly attentive and gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Mesa Modern has a dark, candle-lit atmosphere with an inspired list of specialty drinks and guacomole to die for. It lacks breadth in the menu and fails to explore some of the best that mexican cuisine has to offer, but what it does, it does well. If you are looking for a mexican food "fix", I cannot recommend it, but if you are looking for a modern twist on a small sub-set of the typical mexican menu with an awesome margarita - this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedsweetpea09Dined on 10/26/2014I like to go to many places around Easton. I wasn't very impressed with their food. I had the Palomino Guacamole which I had to say was the best part of the meal. I than had for dinner Seared Shrimp & Scallops and I wasn't impressed it was italian trying to meet Mexican. I wasn't that impressed with the dish expect for the sauce was great. My friend had the Roasted Chicken Roulade they seemed to really enjoy it. I will say that their Coco Loco was a great drink! I wasn't impressed with our server I had to ask three time to get my drink refilled. That shouldn't be the case.
- Great BrunchMountBethelMikeDined on 10/19/2014This was the 3rd or 4th time here but the first for brunch and we WILL be back. The french toast is some of the best I have ever had, even though they didn't have real maple syrup, but that is why I bring my own with me. The dining room was too dark, that is what cell phone flash lights are for.Special Features:
- Guacamole Greatness!jangle2Dined on 10/18/2014Loved the dinner, portions are not huge, but just right. Our guacamole was fabulous, although we ordered it medium and it had no kick. HOwever, the waiter brought us habenero sauce which I mixed in my portion and it was true greatness !!!Special Features:
- Nice evening5590287Dined on 10/18/2014The food, drinks and service were very good. I can tell you that the mexican ravioli with chicken is wonderful. The rest of my party did enchiladas and said they were good. Pomagranite with halopjnos peppers drink was very good. Just the right amount of spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessoDined on 10/17/2014I have been here several times and have always been satisfied but this last time I came I was not impressed with the menu change. The entree selection is slim and the entrees we ordered were good but not great. I would recommend this place if you want a good margarita and some appetizers with the girls but as far as for dinner specifically it is not what it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming a regularCharliehelpsDined on 10/16/2014We like this restaurant and the food is great. Imaginative and delicious appetizer and entrees. Very good margaritas. Only drawback is the noise in the main dining room. Those tables share the area with the bar and the walls and floors are all hard surfaces. We always sit in the back room, not as aesthetically appealing but much quieterSpecial Features:
- Great Dinner!LovetoeatDined on 10/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner @ Mesa! Upscale, very good quality! I will definitely return and recommend to our friends! Our server was great also!Special Features:
- Not Bad at allAD123Dined on 10/16/2014Not Bad at all... just a little bland. Maybe becasue I like everything extra spicy. But Ok. Very firendly service but really slow on getting a beer from the bar.Special Features:
- Great Service and Guacamole!CacciatoreDined on 10/16/2014Service is always excellent at Mesa! I think this was my fourth visit to the Restaurant, and I am very impressed. I love the guacamole, chips and margaritas. I had a chicken enchalada which was okay. My choice would be to just order appetizers and drinks. I also had a burger which I thought was just okay. Bartenders are always nice too! Love the decor and atmosphere, and I will return soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to go hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014So glad I found this place a few months ago, been going at least once a week since. I've had a lot off their menu and haven't found something I didn't like, but the Fruit Guacamole is awesome, pork tacos are amazing, and definitely get yourself a pitcher of margaritas.Special Features:
- Awesome MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014By far the best Mexican in the Lehigh Valley. The ambiance, food, staff, and drinks are great. We will be back soon and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Management team is very friendly and accommodating. Food is excellent. Salsa and Guacamole are the best I've ever had. Drinks are wonderful. Go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the old to the new.....LIFEISGOODDined on 10/9/2014Great food-- "Old school soul with a new school twist on flavor." Outstanding service, great prices, friendly staff, modern decor and great ambiance. Definately a must for anyone who loves Mexican foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table not readyNikkiDined on 10/4/2014Had made reservations for 5, no table was ready when we got there and they were trying to have us sit at a table for 4. After 25-30 mins they made a table. No drink's or an appetizer were offered for this inconvenience. Ordered the "I Love You" Margarita and each time it was slightly different. First one was good, then the other 2 were not so much.Special Features:
- Nothing bad to say about Mesa!Sara0817Dined on 10/3/2014From the chip and fresh salsa to the drinks and food, everything about Mesa Modern is amazing! Service is excellent and atmosphere is welcoming and warm...always a great time at Mesa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we went!FoodiesDined on 9/27/2014We were visiting my daughter for family weekend at Lafayette college but knowing the town would be busy I book online at opentable.com after this restaurant was recommended to me. We were very happy and will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern MexicanAlonzoDined on 9/19/2014Innovative and thoughtful interpretations of classic Mexican resturant dishes, with some clever twists. Emphasis on taste rather than smothering everything with cheese and sour cream. Nicely presented by caring servers. Good selection of tequilas. However an emphasis on hanging TVs around seems odd given the attempt at an interesting and relevant ambience otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the fruit gauc!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The service was great and the food was good. The fruit guac is a must!Special Features:
- You eat with your eyes first.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014First off, I'd like to say that our server, Edwin, was EVERYTHING a server should be. He was fun, knowledgeable, and attentive. He was great & I highly recommend requesting him. Now about the restaurant as a whole. Mesa's a beautiful place with an appealing extensive menu BUT I thought it was overpriced. I am all about treating myself to a nice meal as long as it satisfies. If it weren't for the complimentary chips & salsa, I would've had to order another entree to be sated. I ordered the crispy cod tacos and they were out of this world. Very rarely do I ever have fish tacos (other than my own home) where you can actually taste the fish. But I was still hungry! All in all, it was a great experience. I just wish it wasn't quite so pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening...NikkiDined on 9/13/2014Went for a late Satruday night dinner, overall the food was good and we enjoyed the DJ music.Special Features:
- Fun nightMeltasticDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is nicely appointed with a great atmosphere too. Services was a little slow and the waiting staff were not accurate on our first drinks order but they quickly fixed it at no extra cost.Special Features:
- Nice place, good foodBirthdaygirl28Dined on 9/11/2014Another Easton eatery. Good food and bar drinks, though pricey for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the guacamole!! Seriously!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Not one bad thing can be said. Drink awesome got the spicy margaritas ( not spicy). All food was awesome tasty desert perfect! Flan great churro house made great. Cheviche so good this is a must do restaurant on a nice night grab a drink and a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a VisitFunk49Dined on 9/10/2014We have been to Mesa Modern Mexican numerous times. The food is delicious and is prepared consistantly. They have great margaritas and a very nice cocktail menu and wine list. The fresh made guacamole and fresh salsa and chips are fantastic. The service is also very good and consistent. The menu has many selections, all very good. This a great restaurant and is one of our new go to places. The food is different and the atmosphere is cozy. Worth a visit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Foodie622Dined on 9/1/2014The food was excellent and margaritas are yummy! I was impressed with the service which was fast, friendly and very helpful. Overall, great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedanticityDined on 8/31/2014The food wasn't that great. They cramed 5 of us into a small table, and constantly tried to make room on the table for our food and drinks.Special Features:
- Great Drinks and Guacamole, butJidroomsVIPDined on 8/30/2014everything else was slightly underwhelming and uninspired. We tried the guacamole with chorizo, which was very nice.Special Features:
- Great authentic Mexican foodLauren107Dined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent as well as the service. Our server, Edwin, did an outstanding job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mariastella2bellaDined on 8/26/2014Food is delicious as usual and dining experience enjoyable. Mini tacos (cod, pork, veggie) were fabulous and just right size. I will be coming back for the beet and goat cheese salad - all time favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!Gilboa52Dined on 8/17/2014Met up with a friend for lunch on a Sunday. Fruited guacamole was outstanding—we enjoyed every bite. Loved my strawberry-jalapeño margarita; great flavor combination and they certainly did not skimp on the tequila! Crispy cod tacos were excellent. Just the right portion size and layers of flavor. Would have loved to try dessert, but didn't have room after all that guac. Parking was easy. We'll be back as there is a lot more on the menu I'd like to try.Special Features: