Mesa Modern Mexican
42 S. 3rd Street
Easton, PA 18042Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Mesa Modern Mexican
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mesamexican.com/
- Phone: 6108292101x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:45pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:45pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Mesa Modern Mexican
We are a modern Mexican restaurant & bar in the heart of downtown Easton. We feature a variety of classic Mexican dishes & small plates with a modern twist. Specializing in frozen and classic margaritas with seasonal flavors, as well as a generous tequila selection. Private "Tequila Room" available for events or parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mesa Modern Mexican - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Mesa Modern Mexican reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (54)great for outdoor dining (39)hot spot (37)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (28)special occasion (26)great for lunch (24)romantic (18)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (1)Show More
- JessoDined on 10/17/2014I have been here several times and have always been satisfied but this last time I came I was not impressed with the menu change. The entree selection is slim and the entrees we ordered were good but not great. I would recommend this place if you want a good margarita and some appetizers with the girls but as far as for dinner specifically it is not what it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming a regularCharliehelpsDined on 10/16/2014We like this restaurant and the food is great. Imaginative and delicious appetizer and entrees. Very good margaritas. Only drawback is the noise in the main dining room. Those tables share the area with the bar and the walls and floors are all hard surfaces. We always sit in the back room, not as aesthetically appealing but much quieterSpecial Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner @ Mesa! Upscale, very good quality! I will definitely return and recommend to our friends! Our server was great also!Special Features:
- You have to go hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014So glad I found this place a few months ago, been going at least once a week since. I've had a lot off their menu and haven't found something I didn't like, but the Fruit Guacamole is awesome, pork tacos are amazing, and definitely get yourself a pitcher of margaritas.Special Features:
- Awesome MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014By far the best Mexican in the Lehigh Valley. The ambiance, food, staff, and drinks are great. We will be back soon and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Management team is very friendly and accommodating. Food is excellent. Salsa and Guacamole are the best I've ever had. Drinks are wonderful. Go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the old to the new.....LIFEISGOODDined on 10/9/2014Great food-- "Old school soul with a new school twist on flavor." Outstanding service, great prices, friendly staff, modern decor and great ambiance. Definately a must for anyone who loves Mexican foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table not readyNikkiDined on 10/4/2014Had made reservations for 5, no table was ready when we got there and they were trying to have us sit at a table for 4. After 25-30 mins they made a table. No drink's or an appetizer were offered for this inconvenience. Ordered the "I Love You" Margarita and each time it was slightly different. First one was good, then the other 2 were not so much.Special Features:
- Nothing bad to say about Mesa!Sara0817Dined on 10/3/2014From the chip and fresh salsa to the drinks and food, everything about Mesa Modern is amazing! Service is excellent and atmosphere is welcoming and warm...always a great time at Mesa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we went!FoodiesDined on 9/27/2014We were visiting my daughter for family weekend at Lafayette college but knowing the town would be busy I book online at opentable.com after this restaurant was recommended to me. We were very happy and will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern MexicanAlonzoDined on 9/19/2014Innovative and thoughtful interpretations of classic Mexican resturant dishes, with some clever twists. Emphasis on taste rather than smothering everything with cheese and sour cream. Nicely presented by caring servers. Good selection of tequilas. However an emphasis on hanging TVs around seems odd given the attempt at an interesting and relevant ambience otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the fruit gauc!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The service was great and the food was good. The fruit guac is a must!Special Features:
- You eat with your eyes first.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014First off, I'd like to say that our server, Edwin, was EVERYTHING a server should be. He was fun, knowledgeable, and attentive. He was great & I highly recommend requesting him. Now about the restaurant as a whole. Mesa's a beautiful place with an appealing extensive menu BUT I thought it was overpriced. I am all about treating myself to a nice meal as long as it satisfies. If it weren't for the complimentary chips & salsa, I would've had to order another entree to be sated. I ordered the crispy cod tacos and they were out of this world. Very rarely do I ever have fish tacos (other than my own home) where you can actually taste the fish. But I was still hungry! All in all, it was a great experience. I just wish it wasn't quite so pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening...NikkiDined on 9/13/2014Went for a late Satruday night dinner, overall the food was good and we enjoyed the DJ music.Special Features:
- Fun nightMeltasticDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is nicely appointed with a great atmosphere too. Services was a little slow and the waiting staff were not accurate on our first drinks order but they quickly fixed it at no extra cost.Special Features:
- Nice place, good foodBirthdaygirl28Dined on 9/11/2014Another Easton eatery. Good food and bar drinks, though pricey for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the guacamole!! Seriously!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Not one bad thing can be said. Drink awesome got the spicy margaritas ( not spicy). All food was awesome tasty desert perfect! Flan great churro house made great. Cheviche so good this is a must do restaurant on a nice night grab a drink and a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a VisitFunk49Dined on 9/10/2014We have been to Mesa Modern Mexican numerous times. The food is delicious and is prepared consistantly. They have great margaritas and a very nice cocktail menu and wine list. The fresh made guacamole and fresh salsa and chips are fantastic. The service is also very good and consistent. The menu has many selections, all very good. This a great restaurant and is one of our new go to places. The food is different and the atmosphere is cozy. Worth a visit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Foodie622Dined on 9/1/2014The food was excellent and margaritas are yummy! I was impressed with the service which was fast, friendly and very helpful. Overall, great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedanticityDined on 8/31/2014The food wasn't that great. They cramed 5 of us into a small table, and constantly tried to make room on the table for our food and drinks.Special Features:
- Great Drinks and Guacamole, butJidroomsVIPDined on 8/30/2014everything else was slightly underwhelming and uninspired. We tried the guacamole with chorizo, which was very nice.Special Features:
- Great authentic Mexican foodLauren107Dined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent as well as the service. Our server, Edwin, did an outstanding job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mariastella2bellaDined on 8/26/2014Food is delicious as usual and dining experience enjoyable. Mini tacos (cod, pork, veggie) were fabulous and just right size. I will be coming back for the beet and goat cheese salad - all time favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!Gilboa52Dined on 8/17/2014Met up with a friend for lunch on a Sunday. Fruited guacamole was outstanding—we enjoyed every bite. Loved my strawberry-jalapeño margarita; great flavor combination and they certainly did not skimp on the tequila! Crispy cod tacos were excellent. Just the right portion size and layers of flavor. Would have loved to try dessert, but didn't have room after all that guac. Parking was easy. We'll be back as there is a lot more on the menu I'd like to try.Special Features:
- Great fish tacos but guacamole bestJoemidiVIPDined on 8/10/2014I don't think you can go to this place without getting the guacamole. This time I got the fish tacos and loved it. It had avocado that truly made it. I especially liked the price.Special Features:
- ScrumptiouseandjDined on 8/9/2014We dined here on a hopping Saturday night. The place was packed but the service was excellent and the wait for our entrees was minimal. We both had scallops and shrimp over lobster ravioli. It was absolutely delicious and the presentation was beautiful. It is served in a "nest" made out of potato that they somehow made into angel-hair pasta thin strands and either fry or bake. The sauce was divine.Special Features:
- Hope Friday was an ExceptionrickDined on 8/8/2014Normally this place is aces, 100% satisfaction. But Friday night we were shocked to get what appeared to be salsa from a can. Not even close to the normal Mesa salsa made fresh with loads of cut tomatoes. This was a watery, chemically tasting mush. I hope they just ran out, and that this isn't a new substitution going forward because this place is known for the salsa and chips that are served. Should also note it came in a big white bowl, instead of the typical themed black cauldron. Also the water we received was warm, which was a disappointment considering the restaurant was experiencing a heat wave inside. Just doesn't taste the same when you are used to their ice cold water that comes in a nice glass container.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a DisappointmentKMKJMBVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant. We have dined at the sister restaurant "Tapas on Main" many times and consistently had great food and wonderful service. Mesa Modern Mexican was the polar opposite. Horrendous service and mediocre food. The staff spent more time socializing than attending to customers. The food was no better than chain food Mexican Cuisine. For the cost, it was not worth the trip.
- Good meal/Great timeJoemidiVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is now the second time we have dined here. I particularly would recommend the guacamole. I would not go here without getting the guacamole. My only complaint is that it's a bit pricey for the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met with friends... was outstandingMarkJamesDined on 8/1/2014This place was a little dark walking in, but they turned up the lights a bit as the night rolled on. The food was outstanding, as was the service, and it made a special night even more special. The food is great, decent portions, and the menu has something for everyone. Have been there before, and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Nice evening outfoodyfrequenterDined on 7/29/2014Mesa Modern Mexican is a true gem in downtown Easton. Great food, service, setting. Our server Amanda was attentive and helpful with our choices.Special Features:
- Food was very goodLmk117Dined on 7/27/2014I had the Salmon tacos and the vegetarian quesadilla for an appetizer. Both were amazing & delicious. The chicken enchilada's were a little dry however. The restaurant was pretty crowded and the service was not the best. The waiter really never checked on us or refilled our drinks.Special Features:
- DuziDined on 7/25/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Mesa Modern Mexican. The hostesses were very friendly, our server was fun and very efficient and the music was just the right touch! I was only there for dinner, but I would love to visit for brunch and lunch. I'm sure my comments would be favorable! The fish tacos ad guacamole were exceptional along with a yummy Mango Margarita. Hopefully, my schedule in the future will permit a chance to experience the nightlife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mex FunJulBurkartDined on 7/21/2014Love the margheritas and guacamole. Delicious and infectious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must VisitabsolutemustDined on 7/19/2014Was an excellent find. The waitress was AMAZING, very energetic and being a first date gave us tons of time to chat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningmenusueDined on 7/18/2014Even the non-guacamole members of our group loved the table side guacamole- gone in a flash! The menu is exciting- not standard boring Mexican at all. It will take many visits to explore all the unique and interesting options. The limoncello basil margarita was interestingly yummy and lets just say- not weak. All of our entrees were delicious and the service was wonderful. We love Mesa Modern!Special Features:
- Taco TuesdaylynnDined on 7/15/2014Best deal of $2 tacos. Noramlly there for $10 never fills me, but four for $8 did the trick! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014We tried Mesa Modern Mexican for the first time and were impressed with service, food quality and convenience. We are anxious to return and explore the menu.Special Features:
- Great food and drinksHarleyDined on 7/5/2014The food was wonderful --the drinks were excellent -- the service was excellent. It was some of the best Mexican food we have had. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraciasGraciasDined on 7/4/2014High end mexican food and drinks. Fifth wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.