MESA latin-french bistro
264 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
MESA latin-french bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mesamiami.com/
- Phone: 3054433003
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday : 12am- 3:00 pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday : 6:00- 10:30pm
Brunch: Sunday 12am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Elida Villarroel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from MESA latin-french bistro
Venezuelan French CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MESA latin-french bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- They were closed for a shortRobertVIPDined on 1/12/2013They were closed for a short time, but they have come back as good or better. The food was very good and the service excellent.Special Features:
- Mesa's food is wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012Mesa's food is wonderful! Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Miami. The only downside is that the restaurant itself is pretty dark. A minor complaint, which the food more than makes up for. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:
- Small place, Great food!MarcDined on 9/23/2012Nice little place on the Miracle Mile in Coral Gables. Had the Miami Spice menu and everything was delicious. Food has a French flare (is apparently a fusion of Venezuelan and French cuisine, which sounds odd, but it works). Will definitely return for a lunch or dinner next time I'm in the area.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service couldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Food was great. Service could improve. Prices are reasonable. Will return.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012I haven't had food this good in a very long time. Each bite was so creative and delicious. A truly delectable experience.Special Features:
- Great food, friendly atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Great food, friendly atmosphere, a great experienceSpecial Features:
- food was as always prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012food was as always pretty good. it is a nice small restaurantSpecial Features:
- Very nice place also the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012Very nice place also the service !!! Excellent food I recommendedSpecial Features:
- Good Food, Nice PresentationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2012Good Food, Nice Presentation but very slow, snail like service.
- Great Food, excellent presentation,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2012Great Food, excellent presentation, the service is outstanding!Special Features:
- We were amazed for the outstandingdineloverVIPDined on 8/9/2012We were amazed for the outstanding dinner that the four of us had at this gem bistro. We are still thinking which plate was the best. From appetizers 'til dessert the venezuelan chef Elida Villareal takes care of every bite. My congratulations!!!!Special Features:
- Liked this restaurant betterJaneDined on 7/14/2012Liked this restaurant better when it was Charlotte Bistro and french without the latin addition. But it's still a great choice for a night out.Special Features:
- A Dining GemmiamifoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2012Wonderful food and outstanding value. Be sure to get the tasting menu.Special Features:
- I would never go back to Mesa.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012I would never go back to Mesa. First, both plates ordered were wrong. Second, I can't imagine a rstaurant that does not carry ice tea in S. Fl. Third, the order for coffee was also wrong. We asked for decaf American and got espresso. We were then told AFTER we had been served that this was all they had. Finally, the bill was incorrect. What more can I say. It was not a pleasant dining experience. The chef did come out to apologize for the order mix up but it was a perfunctory apology in our view.
- Our experience at this smallGeGeoDined on 6/8/2012Our experience at this small gem of a restaurant was excellent. Food was exquisite and service was outstanding. Would definitely recommend. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- My husband and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/2/2012My husband and I had a great time. The escargot was amazing! Great friendly service.
- Outstanding dinner- from theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012Outstanding dinner- from the burrata to the chocolate soup. It's definitely a new favorite.Special Features:
- A great spot on the MileddddVIPDined on 5/31/2012If you liked Charlotte Bistro, you will also like Mesa - same people running the show, even some similar menu items. More of a Latin twist with Mesa, but we enjoyed everything we ate and drank.Special Features:
- Venezuelan Chef trained inInesVIPDined on 5/23/2012Venezuelan Chef trained in Paris with food that will please the most discerning palates! From tequeños to Duck Confit and not to miss the chocolate soup for dessert! Ridiculously good and very unexpected!Special Features:
- Amazing! Great for vegetarians!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/5/2012Amazing! Great for vegetarians! Chef came over to the table To greet us Staff was amazing!Special Features:
- Everything we tried was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Everything we tried was very good.The onion sup and the Duck leg confit are the best in town. I will go again very soon.Special Features:
- Not open for business right now.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2012I made my reservation via OpenTable and received a confirmation by email. We arrived at the restaurant only to find it is not open for business at this time. Not good. At 8 o'clock on a Saturday all the other restaurants were full with 1 hour waits. We were not happy.
- The appetizers (eggplant timbaleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2012The appetizers (eggplant timbale and escargot) were good. Unfortunately the rest of the meal went downhill. We were not pleased with the entrees, salmon and short ribs (not tender), the flan was rubbery and the capuccino weak.
- Menu is con fusing. EntreesSUeGVIPDined on 1/25/2012Menu is con fusing. Entrees should come with salad or a vegetable. Our waitress was not helpful in navigating the menu and brought an incorrect small plate.
- I have been to Charlotte severalDianaVIPDined on 1/21/2012I have been to Charlotte several times. I loved it because it was a very gourmet restaurant with no pretentions, just good french food. Saturday, the food was not great. Sorry to say 'cause I want to come more often.
- Crab risotto, artichoke soup,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012Crab risotto, artichoke soup, and cobia were stand out dishes.Special Features:
- Inventive menu, professionalCondrieu42VIPDined on 12/10/2011Inventive menu, professional service, in a casually elegant space.Special Features:
- Really 3 1/2* overall. I startedfrieswiththatVIPDined on 12/9/2011Really 3 1/2* overall. I started with "olive soup" which was delicious and tastes just like it sounds. (I LOVE olives!) However, after that several issues occurred. I ordered 2 appetizers, one to be brought as appetizer and second to be brought in place of a main. However, both of my appetizers and husband's main were all brought together. Hmmm. Communication error, I guess. Seared tuna appetizer was excellent but tuna tartare was not great-chunky raw tuna in bland liquid. Husband said his main was fine, however my second ap of duck breast was quite overcooked and tough. Odd portion sizes too. My duck appetizer and husband's fish (main) were exactly the same size. I checked prices and we were billed appropriately. Very pretty dining room.Special Features:
- Food is fabulous and the swankyJaneDined on 12/3/2011Food is fabulous and the swanky new renovation makes this restaurant a great night out.Special Features:
- always a favorite , CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011always a favorite , Charlotte has been brought up to a new look, the menu tweaked, and it does not dissappointSpecial Features: