102 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
SouthwestPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mesagrill.com/
- Phone: 2128077400
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Bobby Flay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a prix-fixe menu for parties greater than 12 and can accommodate up to 140 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Orlando Ramos 2128077400
A word from Mesa Grill
Bold, colorful, and lively are three words that describe the food and atmosphere at Mesa Grill. Amidst a brightly colored decor and a festive crowd, diners at Mesa Grill discover chef Bobby Flay's vibrant Southwestern-inspired cuisine, which has been dazzling palates since the restaurant's opening in 1991.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mesa Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mesa Grill is one of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2013Mesa Grill is one of our favorites in Manhattan. The food is usually excellent and the service is great. We enjoyed a nice meal on 9/1 to celebrate my birthday. The food was great, though one person in our party had the striped bass and claimed it was "ok." We have been coming here for about 8 years and overall the experience has been consistent.Special Features:
- So Sad To See You LeaveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013First time there; oddly enough on the night it was closing. Great food and even happy to see Bobby there to send it off in style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food as good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2013We discovered Bobby Flay before he became a celebrity chef and the quality of the food hasn't diminished. The room would benefit from a little refreshing, but that doesn't detract from the food or friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gonna miss thiscaptDined on 9/1/2013we ate here the last day it was open. Couldn't say enough good things about it. Keep an eye out as I am guessing it will reopen.Special Features:
- So sorry restaurant closingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2013Shrimp tamale Duck in blue corn pancake Yummy breads Beautiful colored columns Many birthday celebrations...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mesa Grill VisitNomadDined on 8/31/2013Great meal. Had the squash bloss appetizer, lamb chops entree, and the chocolate cake for dessert. While the food is very good, the loud atmosphere leaves a bit to be desired. Still, I still plan to dine there again on future visits to the Big Apple.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2013I liked the fact that this place is not too large. We were seated on the balcony and enjoyed looking down over the bar and other tables. The little shrimp taco appetizers were amazing. An order includes 3 of them and when I go back I plan to order TWO orders as my whole meal ! Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013Great experience, tempered only a bit by upstairs ambient temp a bit on the warm side. While I am not personally a huge fan of Southwest-style cooking, Chef Flays' masterful use of his ingredients made our experience an absolute pleasure. The breads were a fantastic start...flavorful and fresh. The rabbit with a zesty chile sauce served with couscous and peas was unlike anything I have ever eaten...which is a main reason for patronizing a restaurant like this anyway...and was absolutely delicious. Bing cherry margarita was a very pleasant experience, though a bit sweet. As a side dish, the roasted corn was the best I have ever eaten. Server was prompt, knowledgeable and friendly. This restaurant certainly lived up to our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!CincinDined on 8/29/2013Service was great...very attentive. The menu was excellent. We ordered a few rounds of margaritas and the shrimp with roasted garlic tamale appetizer.Then we had the Lobster for our entree. Everything was amazing! We got the chance to meet Bobby Flay and take a picture with him. (Yes! He was actually at his own resturant!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Mesa grillLisaDined on 8/29/2013This restaurant has never disappointed me and my husband/family. The food, atmosphere and drinks are always so delicious and fresh. I would tell all my friends and family to go here! And we saw bobby flay there in his chef gear, which was a treat!! Love Mesa grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply the bestAlexNYDined on 8/29/2013This has been my favorite restaurant for years...and NEVER a miss! Looking forward to the return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like how Bobby Flay'scareymDined on 8/28/2013If you like how Bobby Flay's food looks on TV, you'll really like how it tastes in person. The place has a nice vibe and Bobby was even there in person saying hello to diners. Fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sad that Aug 31st willOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2013So sad that Aug 31st will be the last day for this mainstay of the Chelsea Flatiron district. It will be missed.Special Features:
- Second time here. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2013Second time here. Excellent meal, again! Got to see Bobby Flay!!! Extremely disappointed to learn the establishment will close soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special placePamBeauDined on 8/27/2013I am sorry to hear that Mesa Grill is closing. Bobby Flay's expression of Southwestern and Mexican food was so new and delicious ...still delicious...that he set the stage for others to imitate. I understand the closing is due to an inability to come to terms regarding it It's lease. What a shame and loss.Special Features:
- Food Was Amazing!!!!DivaKarenDined on 8/27/2013Was in NY for my B Day with my son. He had the Mesa burger with southwest fries which he thought was amazing and amongst the best he has ever had. I had the Chili Rellenos which was absolutely devine! A lot of care was put in the presenation and taste and what I would expect from a restaurant owned by Bobby Flay. The decor on the other hand was a bit cheesey and disappointing. However, what the decor lacked, the food more than made up for. I wish Bobby had a restaurant in Toronto. I will definitely go back to Mesa Grill the next time I am in NY.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding fromluv2wanderDined on 8/26/2013The food was outstanding from the appetizers through dessert,service friendly and helpful,atmosphere very relaxing,would definitely recommend to friends and would certainly go back again next time we were in New York. There four people in our group we all had a different entrees and shared side dishes, the sauce on my pork renderloin was fabulous as was the fresh corn dish recommended by the waiter. restaurant quaint and the perfect size,did not sample the wine chose margaritas insteadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food tired settingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2013The food was quite good-the duck pancake appetizer was excellent and the pork loin also very good. However the seating left lots to be desired. We had a reservation for 3 and were crowded into a corner at what was really a table for 2-all the other tables around us were for 2 it was too small for the food and drinks. Seating was poor- the vinyl banquette I was seated on was cracked and patched not what an expensive restaurant. In addition, felt the front of the house staff needed to be more accomodating instead of seating 2 or 3 of us who arrived with our reservation were told to wait until 3rd arrived to be seated. If they reopen in new place hope for better quality seating and awareness of fitting size of party to size of table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but it tookfallinpetalzDined on 8/26/2013The food was good but it took over an hour to get our lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll miss MesahillhomeDined on 8/25/2013This is the second visit we have had, and it was as wonderful as the first time. Everything on the menu is amazing and the staff is wonderful and friendly. We almost closed it down on our visit and found out they will be closing the restaurant in a couple of weeks - I hope they find a location to re-open, I know I will miss them the next time we head to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie GemRspbrry5Dined on 8/25/2013Wild striped bass w/pineapple salsa is soooo good! Banana cream pie is dreamy & creative! Mesa Grill is closing at the end of this month, August 31st! Go now or forever hold your peace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodCakeGirlDined on 8/25/2013Mesa exceeded our expectations for the taste of the food - it was outstanding and unlike anything we have had before - delicious!! The service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things have changedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2013I have been in this restaurant a couple of times and I wanted to take my family there so they could enjoy the experience so I took them this last weekend; however the waiter was very impatient to take the order although we told him we were not ready. The food was ok, I ordered the same pork I have ordered in the past but this time it had more blood on it and the food overall was not as good as before. The music was also louder, I am a little disappointed because I was a big fan of this place but things have changed and I don't think I am coming back.Special Features:
- Bobyb did not let us downdinerDined on 8/24/2013food is just amazing, service is great, but it is pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit to Mesa GrillDisappointedDined on 8/24/2013Second visit to Mesa Grill in a year. Food and service of a high standard. Attentive staff. Great experience.Special Features:
- A treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/24/2013Pretty without pretension. Outstanding cherry margaritas made from crushed cherries. A large filet mignon that must have come from the highest quality of beef. A fresh corn tamale, a delicious chopped salad and a savory basket of bread. No room for dessert. Can you really beat that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Mesa GrillTravDDined on 8/24/2013My girlfriend took me to Mesa grill for my birthday last weekend and I had an amazing time. I was expecting great food, but when I finally tasted it, I was blown away. The food was so tasty and perfect. The service was great from start to finish. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going strongEllenMVIPDined on 8/22/2013When I recently read that to my dismay, Bobby Flay decided to close Mesa Grill, a friend and I arranged to meet there for lunch one last time. It remains the best Flay restaurant. The food is still fabulous and the service is very polished. No point in recommending certain menu items since it will be gone in a week. What a shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingdtm7929Dined on 8/17/2013Everything was amazing! From the service to the food it was all great. There was not one thing that we didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch At Mesa Grill..OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2013Never disappoints. HUGE portions and awesome food. Go here every time we are in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodbeergirlDined on 8/17/2013Every bite of everything was incredible. The flavors were complex and harmonized. Haven't had a meal like this in ages. Run, don't walk to Mesa Grill!Special Features:
- Not good. Very disappointing.BIGGIPDined on 8/16/2013Not good. Very disappointing. The Vegas location is far and away the choice location.
- Great time, great food.Jfox2612Dined on 8/16/2013We have been here several times and have never been disappointed. The food and the service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been many times, almostOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2013We have been many times, almost everytime we are in NYC. Love the food, this time we had the best seat in the house and wonderful server that was fun to talk to and took great care of us.Special Features:
- I've been at Mesa Grill aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013I've been at Mesa Grill a number of times and I am never disappointed by the food or service. The atmosphere is alive and great for groups. It is not a place for a romantic quiet dinner as you feel the energy. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!DJCashmereLuxuryDined on 8/16/2013It was a little expensive and the drinks were very strong but overall we had an incredible time and a great meal. The food was outstanding but had one huge problem!! The Restaurant Week menu wasn't on the actual menu at all. I have been craving the roasted corn soup all week but now it's gone. It was a tease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, great wait staffpattiDined on 8/16/2013Celebrated our anniversary there. The food was great as was the cactus pear margerita. Service wonderful.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekamateurfoodieDined on 8/16/2013You'd think restaurants would provide popular items on their menu that would entice Restaurant Week goers to come back to their restaurant in the future.... The food tasted great, don't get me wrong, but to come back and pay full price for that? Not worth it. Wasn't even worth the price of $38 for Restaurant Week. On the other hand, service was fantastic and our waiter was very attentive.
- Delicious lunchFoodie45Dined on 8/16/2013We went to Mesa Grill as part of NYC restaurant week. We were not disappointed. The staff was friendly, attentive and efficient. The atmosphere was pleasant and comfortable. We each had a margarita from the drink menu. They were deliciously refreshing with no artificial syrups or mixers. The highlight was certainly the food. The fishcake appetizer was delicious. It was as it should be, mostly fish and not held together with more breadcrumbs than fish. The striped bass entree was perfectly cooked. Crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. The fruit shortcake for dessert was summer in a bowl, a medly of berries and a light shortcake with just enough cream. We can't wait to go back to try the burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2013The food is very unique and well prepared, and the service is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.