407 Broad Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mesrevesnj.com/
- Phone: 9734294888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Chef Q.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Wheelchair Access
A word from Mes Reves
Pick up some friends, a nice bottle of wine and join us for dinner at Mes Reves. Our simple French bistro menu offers some of the Chef's favorites including Crispy Sweetbreads, Seared Foie Gras, Nicoise Salad, and a Pan Seared Rack of Lamb. Our friendly staff strives to provide a dining experience that is sure to exceed your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Mes Reves - Best Restaurants in Bloomfield ›
Mes Reves reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (23)romantic (19)good for groups (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We came about 6:45 and left around 9:30, the pace of the service and meal allowed us to chat and eat the whole time. There were enough people around so we were not alone but we had our own space as well. The service was extremely friendly and informative. The food was well prepared and different enough that it was interesting. Overall a very pleasant romantic dinner and evening.Special Features:
- Hidden GemMLK62Dined on 8/9/2014Although unassuming from the outside, Mes Reves is a lovely little find. Wonderful food, attentive and knowledgeable wait staff, and a cozy ambiance.Special Features:
- Great foodfrenchieDined on 8/8/2014Well worth the wait! On a budget, we waited for Bloomfield Restaurant Week to get the special deal. The food was fantastic and the next time we go we won't wait for a deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first visitElizabethVIPDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I recently visited Mes Reves during Bloomfield restaurant week. It was our visit and we will definitely be back! The ambience was intimate and not too noisy. All three courses in the prix-fixe menu were delicious and substantial. The service was wonderful and attentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great French foodBaileymouseDined on 8/7/2014Nice but the server seemed unfamiliar with some of the food and had trouble explaining it to the customers. Not sure if it was due to a language barrier or not knowing exactly what each dish was, but I found myself describing things to the ladies at the table next to us. When I asked what was in the Crepe Suzette, she said "pancake." The food was great, though. I had the bavette, which was a nice skirt steak, very nicely prepared. My husband had salmon. For the appetizer he had the mushroom tart and I had the escargot. Dessert was Crepes Suzette for him, almond creme brulee for me. All in all it was delightful, I just wish I had known it was BYOB because we missed having some wine with such a fine meal.Special Features:
- Met our expectations!BloomYumDined on 8/6/2014As Bloomfield residents, there is no shortage of amazing nearby restaurants. We've been meaning to try this place for a while and finally head in during Restaurant Week. The service was great, staff was friendly and fast, food was delicious! I can now highly recommend this place and we will definitely be back at some point. I love that even during Restaurant Week, Mes Reves served food on their typical menu-- I hate when restaurants revamp a smaller / less expensive version of regular menu items but not this place! Mes Reves is on point! Escargot, Salmon, and Crepe Suzette = Yum!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014We went for restaurant week so there was a limited menu but something for everyone. The chef is excellent, presentation very nice, attentive and helpful staff and ambiance very nice. It was a bit noisy as you did have to raise your voice a bit to be heard. Looking forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great local spotchuia23Dined on 8/5/2014I tried escargot & rabbit for the very time, it was great. service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBloomfieldEaterDined on 8/5/2014Restaurant week menu. Excellent, busy and delicious.Special Features:
- pierrkhanDined on 8/1/2014This was my fourth time dining at Mes Reves my first time was when the restaurant first opened (4yrs. ago) service was slow (and no escargot). Since then the service has improved and so has the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014The food was delicious, but the service was not on par for the quality of the restaurant. Our waitor was very nice, but he was the only waitor for the entire restaurant. It was impossible for him to provide the quality of service one would expect. However, maybe it was an off night and the other waitors cancelled last minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite place!biscuitjuneDined on 7/25/2014We chose this place based on other reviews and we were so impressed! First off, the service was more than outstanding. We were greeted and sat right away, never wanted for anything and even the chef himself came to talk to us when we had a special request (which he happily accomodated). Our food came out promptly and was as beautiful as it was delicious. Everything we ordered was executed perfectly and the chef even brought out a risotto dish for us to taste that he was trying out. We also had our kids with us and we felt very welcomed. Will definitely return very soon!Special Features:
- Superb!LaranyDined on 7/17/2014This was not my first visit to Mes Reves. I love it, not only because the food is beautifully prepared and delicious, because the whole experience makes me feel special, from the waiter to the owner. A great menu and a place to return to time and again.Special Features:
- Dependable bistroNjMama01VIPDined on 7/16/2014As always, the food did not disappoint and we all enjoyed a variety of entrees (skate, salmon, steak au poivre, and duck). The service was a bit slow but we were happy to see the place more crowded than on some previous visits. We'd hate to see this restaurant fil since the menu is great and there are so few French bistro type places in north Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always gracious and comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/10/2014A real pleasure to dine where the chef takes his work so seriously. We had the steak frites and steak au poivre. Highly recommend both. Plus the lemon bar, a different take on a classic.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014This was our second visit to Mes Reves and we were both disappointed to find that areas we hoped would improve like service and food quality actually declined. The chef/owner has a penchant for hanging out with friends in the front while the clearly inexperienced kitchen staff goof off. We could actually see them leaning on counters and chatting aimlessly. The lack of experience and attention to detail shows everywhere.
- Simply GreatStagecoachDined on 6/11/2014Great food, Great people Great place!!! Cant go wrong. Try the Mussels, better yet try it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- votre rêves se réalise!twinbieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Mes Reves remains a great little neighborhood restaurant to have a quiet dinner for two, or a convivial dinner for 4 or 6. Conversation is possible. The food, service (Lauren is the best!) and ambiance all add up to wonderful evening close to home. Everyone is always friendly and the menu remains interesting with specials that intrigue and delight.Special Features:
- France in BloomfieldCuisinistaVIPDined on 6/6/2014Exquisite French cuisine at non-NYC prices ,plus byo! Foie gras, salade nicoise with tuna tataki, short ribs, skate and desserts are must-haves. France-trained Vietnamese chef owner and his wife are gracious hosts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/31/2014Decided to celebrate our 19th anniversary at Mes Reves. This was not our first time here. Mes Reves is officially our favorite restaurant! Kuan and crew went above and beyond from each special course. This is most certainly an amazing experience all should enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014We had a nice and quiet meal here. Food was really good and the staff was great. A BYO slightly out of the Montclair crowd but very high qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find3togomusselsDined on 5/27/2014I have eaten at Mes Reves several times and have not been disappointed. A gem in a neighbor hood that does not "get it,"the good food.The early price fixed is really a find and not to be missed.Special Features:
- A wonderful nightEricVIPDined on 5/24/2014Warmly greeted upon arrival and seated immediately. Friendly service all night long. The food was all wonderful - mussels, crispy sweetbreads, pork, skate and the vanilla soufflé for dessert. All in all a wonderful,experience with a very warm staff and an even better selection of delicious food.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyablerestaurantloverDined on 5/21/2014We had a lovely evening. The food was excellent - mussels and cornish hen, and fairly priced. We didn't order desert. The interior was surprisingly attractive, after viewing a less than inviting exterior. Our service was attentive and professional, punctuated by our waiter running half a block to return an umbrella left at table. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceBeebop425Dined on 5/19/2014I made reservations on OpenTable and noted it was for a birthday celebration. The inside is simply decorated and feels like a mix of modern and rustic French village. Nicely done! Service was attentive and friendly. I had the Pork Tenderloin and my friend had the Cornish Hen. Both were done to perfection and the sides of Brussel sprouts and mashed potato and puréed sweet potatoes were creamy and flavorful. The chef came out with a complimentary Chocolate Soufflé that was not too heavy or rich....light and flavorful. It is a BYOB and I would recommend to friends and go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - slowish servicemomsniteoutDined on 5/17/2014Food was very good. VERY good. However, it was very rich, and did not like me as much as I liked it. The service was on the slow side...ok for dinner, but we were hungry! Servers were friendly, but seemed a bit inexperienced. All in all, a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceMaryDined on 5/16/2014I would recommend this place for something new, or a special occasion. My husband had the crab cakes and said they were the best he's ever had. My short ribs were delicious, and the portion was generous enough for me to get two meals out of it. The food and the service were top notch. Unfortunately the noise level was high and the tables were too close together (we were seated next to a loud, annoying group, but the restaurant really can't help that). While the food was delicious, the menu was somewhat limited, which is why I don't see it becoming our "go to" place. But I have recommended it, and we will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerHollee666Dined on 5/16/2014After many great recommendations from friends, I took my husband to Mes Reves for his birthday. We both enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Foods service was quick. I loved my meal selection of the risotto and scallops. My husband enjoyed his steak which was cooked medium rare as requested. Many restaurants over or under cook the steak but Mes Reves got it just right. We would definitely go back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnertndsebDined on 5/10/2014Mes Reves is a great place. Food, service all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French for the "non" French dinerRaredinerDined on 5/10/2014We'd passed Mes Reves a dozen times without notice, but once I'd spied it amid Broad Street's more typical storefronts, I was intrigued. Our Anniversary provided the occasion to try what turned out to be a special, yet approachable restaurant. Excellent food and friendly, attentive staff. Upscale decor without a hint of presumption. We enjoyed each course and delightful conversation with the waitress. I'd recommend Mes Reves to anyone looking for a fine dining experience in the heart of Bloomfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsGregFDined on 4/26/2014Mes Reves is wonderful. We have been here several times and are never disappointed. Great food and great service. We continue to introduce new people to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 219 reviews are from the Mes Reves reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Have now dined here twice and both times very pleased with service, menu choices, and overall dining experience. Staff very attentive, but not rushed. Pleasant, chic, comfortable space. Nice to have such an addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:
- a well kept secret in New jersey3togomusselsDined on 4/26/2014This is my second time to Mes Reves and still had a wonderful meal. I think i could be regular.Special Features:
- a good surprise3togomusselsDined on 4/19/2014the mussels were very good, everything we ordered as well.Special Features:
- Deserves More!ilromano175VIPDined on 4/18/2014This in indeed a fine restaurant in a pleasant room with good service and a most helpful, amicable husband-wife combination who cook and manage it. A good value and always a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- A Bloomfield Gem!BloomfielddinersDined on 4/12/2014Mes Reves is an elegant place to dine with fabulous tasting food and a very responsive wait staff.Special Features:
- Mes Reves - Excellent Food!hjscheibDined on 4/5/2014Excellent & consistent food and service at Mes Reves. We will return ... for the sweet breads & dessert (bread pudding, scrumptious) ... and for the mains, like steak au poivre, the Cornish hen, and the "specials."Special Features:
- Blfd finestBlfdfoodieDined on 4/3/2014Really enjoyed our dinner here! From apps to dessert everything was at a high quality but reasonable price! BYOB keeps bill in a nice zone and I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Night with a Nice SuprisceloercaseDined on 3/26/2014My wife wanted to celebrate my birthday, but I know she wanted to go to a restaurant with a good duck entrée. After seeing the reviews for Mes Reves I decided to give it a shot and book the reservation. We arrived a little late to the restaurant but was surprised to see that we were the first diners for the evening. The decor was welcoming and the staff very friendly. My wife loved the Pan Seared Duck Breast, but did not really care for the grilled endive. I had the Pan Seared Salmon and it was cooked perfectly and was very flavorful. I ordered the Bread Pudding for desert but was surprised to receive chocolate souffle as well with a birthday candle. Needless to say we are already planning our next date night at Mes Reves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better second time aroundDanSDined on 3/22/2014Brought another couple this time, and was able to try a few more dishes...the mushroom tart and scallop appetizers were perfect, and the scallops over risotto entre special was outstanding. The quality and creativity of Mes Reves is on a par with the best of Montclair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.