Merriman's - Kapalua, Maui
1 Bay Club Place
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Merriman's - Kapalua, Maui
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.merrimanshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8086696400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Bar Menu: 3:00pm - 8:30pm
Point Bar Hours: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily: 3:00pm - 4:59pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30-1:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Peter Merriman and Neil Murphy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our chef will create a menu specifically for you and your event. We are capable of doing small intimate groups of 25 or up to a large group of 250. We will use the same philosophy in preparing your group's food as we do in our restaurant. Fresh, Local, Sustainable, and Delicious!
- Entertainment: We provide live music 7 days a week starting at 5:30pm and ending at 9:00pm.
Sunday - Wednesday: Ranga Pae
Monday: David Wolf
Tuesday: Phil and Angela Benoit
A word from Merriman's - Kapalua, Maui
Chef/Owner Peter Merriman has transplanted his version of Hawaii Regional Cuisine to this beautiful ocean-side location in the Kapalua resort. He uses only the freshest products of which 90% or more are locally produced or caught, using only sustainable methods. Peter has always been a front runner in the "Farm to Table" concept. All food is prepared in a way that highlights the natural flavors of the food. We have a very friendly staff to ensure that you have an incredible dining experience. Their food knowledge is among the best in the industry. All this is in the most beautiful location within the resort, right on the water where the most incredible sunsets are watched nightly at our oceanfront winebar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Merriman's - Kapalua, Maui - Best Restaurants in Kapalua ›
Merriman's - Kapalua, Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (277)romantic (251)special occasion (247)great for outdoor dining (213)fit for foodies (181)notable wine list (130)hot spot (93)good for groups (67)vibrant bar scene (59)neighborhood gem (58)great for brunch (26)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (13)great for lunch (13)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Had a great evening. The waitress was fantastic,any and all questions were answered. The food was great, we will be back.Special Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Perfect setting, excellent service. Monchong special was incredibly well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWencyDined on 10/21/2014beautiful location...great place for seeing a sunset...must have reservations and even then arrive early! Menu was very disappointing for me as I don't eat beef and only one chicken item...jidori...was offered. Seafood offerings were surprisingly very limited...no sea bass, no salmon, no talapia, no shrimp, etc. at the suggestion of our server I ordered a white flaky fis...was tasteless and soggy...vegetables were very undercooked. On a good note, my husbands filet, he said, was excellent! Very expensive meal and expected much better...overall would highly recommend for drinks and appetizers on the expansive patio...beautiful view!Special Features:
- Spectacular spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014We had so much fun celebrating our 25th anniversary here,expensive but well worth the money. The food was outstanding, gorgeous view and great service. Go early to get best seats. We had such a wonderful time we hope to go back one more time before returning home.Special Features:
- Deja Vu all over againPapaJVIPDined on 10/19/2014This was our third time to Merriman's Kapalua Maui which we go to every time we are on the island and once again we were not disappointed. The setting is beyond belief and one must go down to the water and have a drink before sunset. The dining experience is elegant, the food is superb, and the service appropriate for the total experience. The menu has something for everyone and chef is willing to accommodate the individual taste who does not like butter or certain sauces. Have a dessert as well-we had the bread pudding. A must while on the island and anywhere near Kapalua.Special Features:
- Best meal in MauicalicoupleDined on 10/17/2014I've been to Maui several times but never had the opportunity of dining at Merrimans. I will definitely be back! The restaurant sits on a point above Kapalua Bay. The views are gorgeous! The wine list was quite extensive and the sommelier was extremely knowledgeable. My meal choice was Ahi. It was prepared perfectly and was extremely fresh. The cauliflower and wasabi puree it was served upon was out of this world! My wife's meal of Macadamia crusted Monchong was fresh and wonderfully flavorful as well. Expertly prepared. The service was phenomenal. The staff very attentive. The best meal we've had in Maui without a doubt!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceCalimikeDined on 10/17/2014If you're looking for a great quality meal and even better service, look no further. Or service from Sean was top notch and a refreshing change of pace from some of our other experiences. Our fish and chips appetizer was amazing with their home made corn tartar sauce. Caesar salad was prepared very well, and the knowledge of the menu from Shaun was wonderful. Our entrees were the lamb chop and lobster tail and they were cooked to perfection! Then to end with a bang we had the coconut brûlée and it was one of the best I've ever had,And my wife is the brûlée person not me and it was great.Our drinks were well put together and just all around a great experience.Thanks again to all the staff for the great service and for the AMAZING sunset viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SistersVIPDined on 10/16/2014It was my sisters 65th bday. I called several times for a table up front for sunset. We were not given a table up front. It was in the back with not a great view !'Special Features:
- Great food and locationKleckmanDined on 10/15/2014The food choices and location can not be beat. The menu was amazing and focused on locally sustainable foods. The view, service and atmosphere was second to none. Made special occasion a night to remember.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 10/15/2014Amazing location. Amazing food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- outstandingtabsrjs21Dined on 10/15/2014Everyone was so wonderful especially Brandy and Levi! This may seem strange but bare with me. My wife ordered the fish special and unfortunately it was overdone. However with extreme professionalism, Levi took it and had it made to perfection. He also made sure that my ribeye stayed warm while we waited. The hostess, Brandy, was beside herself. However the mark of a great restaurant is how they handle the occasional mishap. Merrinan's was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kapalua Bay GemyumyumVIPDined on 10/14/2014Merriman's never fails to impress...The view and ambience are stellar, and the waitstaff is consistent and amiable. The food service can be a bit rushed at times, but in Maui, no one lingers too long except perhaps on the beach! The food is fresh and spice/flavor combinations are delicious...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014My new favorite restaurant in Maui. Gorgeous restaurant. Great view. Absolutely amazing service. Food was divine. Highly recommend for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceLuigiDined on 10/14/2014From beginning to end this was a wonderful dining experience. The combination of superior food, excellent service and a stunning location make it memorable. Yes, it is expensive but if you are smart about the alcohol, the experience is well worth the cost. The ingredients are high quality and the sauces together with the well thought out side dishes blend beautifully together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and breath taking views.OjaiMarkDined on 10/14/2014Awesome food. The red snapper was over the top good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meal in Hawaii!Jesse487VIPDined on 10/13/2014This is our 12th year in a row coming back to Hawaii and this meal was the best by far. Merriman's has really stepped up their game.Special Features:
- UnbelievableJCMGDined on 10/12/2014This is one of the best dining experiences I've had EVER. ANYWHERE. I wish we had time enough on Maui to go back one more time. Everything was exceptional. There wasn't a thing on the menu that we ordered that was weak. The service was fantastic. The view was spectacular. The food was beyond all expectations. I will tell anyone I know who is going to Maui not to leave this island without visiting this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMissyDined on 10/12/2014"Coffee" tasted like "regular" restaurant coffee, nothing exceptional; however, the Kau coffee, if it is the naturally dark, should be bolder, but it was not. The "jook" should be more exciting for its name; the specialty freshly pressed juice was exceptional. We will give them another chance and dine in the evening soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food, service, locationRozlDined on 10/11/2014Service was excellent, food was amazing, location can't be beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceBingoBangoDined on 10/11/2014We_came here for our anniversary dinner and had a great time. The ambiance was excellent and we both enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- Scenic, Tasty and RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014My Wife and I traveled to Maui on our Honeymoon and heard nothing but rave reviews for Merriman's. We tried it on our third night, and were blown away by everything. We happened to be snorkeling right next to it early in the day at Napili Bay, and remarked how beautiful the scenery was. Little did we know that Merriman's was in the same location, until later that night! My wife got the fish special of the day and lamb combo. Her remark was "this was the best fish i've ever had". I got the ribeye, and thought that it was great, but certainly not the best i've ever had. Im not much of a fish fan, but i did try my wife's and really loved her dish. I redeemed myself two nights later and got the mahi mahi at Monkeypod--the casual sister chainSpecial Features:
- Everything was Perfect!CherieVIPDined on 10/8/2014Everything from our table to the food to the service was Top Notch!!! My Husband even commented that he thinks this was one of the best experiences we've had anywhere, Ever... And we've been together for 24 years... So that's saying a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we rememberedOCfoodiesinCODined on 10/8/2014We've been here many times on visits to Maui. The food presentation was just ok, felt our service was just ok, and honestly the staff at the reception desk and our waiter were a bit arrogant. It seems this wonderful restaurant might be getting a bit too big for their britches. They need to remember who's paying their pay checks!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceBaangyDined on 10/7/2014Our anniversary and got great table and special dessert. Lamb and mahi outstanding wine superb. Waiter Davy the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Merriman's is our new restaurant no more Pacific oSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlissfulgratefulcakeDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I choose to dine here for every special occasion that we can make it to the island. Most recently we dined here for my birthday and as always is was spectacular and a night to remember. Everything from the view to the food and fabulous service was top notch and this has consistently been the case upon every visit. Mahalo nui Merriman's for always making us feel special when we visit your establishment and we will see you again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place on MauialanspicksDined on 10/3/2014One of the best restaurants thus far on Maul and you will absolutely love the food and beautiful scenic setting. Try to book earlier for dinner so you can see the sunset; and OH, did I mention the food, you can't go wrong with any dish here!Special Features:
- Dinner at Merrimans again !Food4meVIPDined on 10/3/2014Good food, good service and great view. Also like the Koto player playing in the background.Special Features:
- Great food and Romantic ScenerySunshineDined on 10/2/2014We chose Merriman's because of the reviews online and they were accurate. The food was wonderful and the sunset was amazing. Their cocktail list was short but they did have variety which was good. There was live music and it was an unforgettable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was sub-parfoodies1235Dined on 10/1/2014This is my 2nd time eating at Merriman's with the wife. The food was excellent, just as good as the first time. Wine list is very good. The service was sub-par, but just the waiter (Brian, I think). The other member's of the service team were great. It was weird too, because the service to the tables around us was obviously significantly better than our service. We saw our waiter just as the appetizer arrived, and then didn't see him again until we asked for the check. He walked by our table several times, obviously avoiding us. Just not the kind of service service I expect with a $180 bill - and he had the gall to try and sell us dessert a the end.Special Features:
- FantasticSeattleFoodiesfromEverettDined on 9/30/2014Service, ambiance, food, wine - superb! If you enjoy the best - don't miss Merriman's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Restaurant in KapaluaLovethewinecountryVIPDined on 9/30/2014We loved Merriman's. We had a great table right along the window so we could watch sunset which is so amazing on Maui. We had cocktails and then ordered our dinner. We split a Caesar salad which was perfect as it would have been too large for one of us. I had the Opakapaka which was cooked perfectly and my husband had the filet of beef. He said his filet was good and we were never rushed in this very busy and popular restaurant. The view is so beautiful that being there is such a treat. You can have drinks and appetizers on the patio which would be a great way to spend the late afternoon. Free valet parking is also a nice touch. Excellent service and food with live music. This is a must in Kapalua!Special Features:
- Outstanding!Ridge25Dined on 9/29/2014Amazing view of sunset in West Maui, right in front of your eyes. Great service and excellent food. Try the combo entrees. Perfect for a date night. A must dine in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must visit!domthenickDined on 9/28/2014Food,service,ambiance, top notch everything you would expect from a Merrriman's restaurant. Bartender DJ took great care of us while we were at the bar. Great suggestions espcially the Duo plate. Created for those who are torn between the Seafood or Lamb special. Mahalos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Maui RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014Merriman's has fantastic views of the ocean - recommend booking near sunset. Service was top-notch. Food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Best meal on MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/28/2014Our fourth time to Maui and this is by far the best restaurant we've experienced in West Maui Excellent service and the food was spot on. Of course, the view at sunset is perfect. Best to make a reservation well in advance if you'd like to dine at sunset.Special Features:
- AwesomeCCFoodLoversDined on 9/28/2014Had an awesome view of a great sunset. Probably the best view of the sunset in the Kapalua area. Plus, Kapalua Beach can be seen just below to the right. Our server was very friendly and made several good recommendations for the pupus and entrees. A thoroughly enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- server needs retrainingBuzzDined on 9/28/2014We are frequent diners at Merriman's and always enjoy the great food and atmoshere. However on a few occassions the main server has been inattentive, this time being very poor. Not once through three courses did he (I believe his name was Strker) check on us to see if we were satisfied or required anything. Our drinks were empty by 1/2 way through the appetizer and only when were were nearly finished with the entree did he offer to bring another round. He forgot our side orders and after looking for him for five minutes found an assistant and asked for him to inquire in the kitchen. Striker returned five minutes later with sides muttering a vague apology and then noticing empty drinks. We declined knowing that they would arrive too late.Special Features:
- See the sunsetLportVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was the best place to see the sunset. It was absolutely incredible. The food and service were the best on the island. A must go to when you are in Maui.Special Features:
- WORTH EVERY PENNY!gigisgr8Dined on 9/26/2014We have come her many times; and once again, not disappointed! The musicians were amazing, again, as usual which added to our evening. The sunset the night we went; some islanders' said was one of the top ten of the year! Great food, view!Special Features: