Merriman's - Kapalua, Maui
1 Bay Club Place
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Merriman's - Kapalua, Maui
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.merrimanshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8086696400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Bar Menu: 3:00pm - 8:30pm
Point Bar Hours: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily: 3:00pm - 4:59pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30-1:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Peter Merriman and Neil Murphy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our chef will create a menu specifically for you and your event. We are capable of doing small intimate groups of 25 or up to a large group of 250. We will use the same philosophy in preparing your group's food as we do in our restaurant. Fresh, Local, Sustainable, and Delicious!
- Entertainment: We provide live music 7 days a week starting at 5:30pm and ending at 9:00pm.
Sunday - Wednesday: Ranga Pae
Monday: David Wolf
Tuesday: Phil and Angela Benoit
A word from Merriman's - Kapalua, Maui
Chef/Owner Peter Merriman has transplanted his version of Hawaii Regional Cuisine to this beautiful ocean-side location in the Kapalua resort. He uses only the freshest products of which 90% or more are locally produced or caught, using only sustainable methods. Peter has always been a front runner in the "Farm to Table" concept. All food is prepared in a way that highlights the natural flavors of the food. We have a very friendly staff to ensure that you have an incredible dining experience. Their food knowledge is among the best in the industry. All this is in the most beautiful location within the resort, right on the water where the most incredible sunsets are watched nightly at our oceanfront winebar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Merriman's - Kapalua, Maui - Best Restaurants in Kapalua ›
Merriman's - Kapalua, Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
286 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (251)romantic (227)special occasion (227)great for outdoor dining (183)fit for foodies (157)notable wine list (117)hot spot (72)good for groups (56)vibrant bar scene (51)neighborhood gem (50)kid-friendly (25)great for brunch (24)late-night find (13)great for lunch (11)Show More
- Must visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Food,service,ambiance, top notch everything you would expect from a Merrriman's restaurant. Bartender DJ took great care of us while we were at the bar. Great suggestions espcially the Duo plate. Created for those who are torn between the Seafood or Lamb special. Mahalos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See the sunsetLportVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was the best place to see the sunset. It was absolutely incredible. The food and service were the best on the island. A must go to when you are in Maui.Special Features:
- WORTH EVERY PENNY!gigisgr8Dined on 9/26/2014We have come her many times; and once again, not disappointed! The musicians were amazing, again, as usual which added to our evening. The sunset the night we went; some islanders' said was one of the top ten of the year! Great food, view!Special Features:
- AmazingJohnLJDined on 9/25/2014We went there for our Anniversary and were not disappointed. Our server Davey was amazing. Thank You!Special Features:
- Fantastic!Doc33Dined on 9/24/2014This was one of the best meals we've ever had. The flavors were fantastic. We had a ribeye and filet and the filet was so tender it nearly melted in my mouth. Everything here was worth every penny...and speaking of, yes, it's expensive, but for one night in Maui for our wedding dinner it was worth it.Special Features:
- All around gemLuvhawaiiDined on 9/24/2014The entire experience was phenomenal. The food was well prepared, fresh and excellent. Our waiter was very tentive and professional. The views are breathtaking!! We can not wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorldTravelerWorldTravelerDined on 9/23/2014Try to get there before sunset - gorgeous view. Food and service were impeccable - be ready to pay for it. Best fish on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- troyboytroyboyDined on 9/23/20142nd dining experience at Merriman's. Absolutely amazing setting and outstanding food. We will definately dine there again. Pre dinner experience and staff for sunset cocktails was outstanding. Regarding our waiter:Always amazed that some staff are not more personable. Striking the right balance means the difference between an 8 vs a 10 experience. It also can be the difference between an average gratuity and a huge gratuity. Our waiter: not bad but not that engaged. Overall: one of my favorite places on the planet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views and foodBruhaDined on 9/23/2014This was our second visit to Merrimans. The views are some of the best you will see in Maui. The food is spectacular! We have eaten at numerous restaurants on the island and this is definitely one of the best. If I could say anything that was just ok it was the service. I can handle that because the food is so good. The scallops are awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014This restaurant was unreal. The service was spectacular (Brandi was our server) and the food she suggested was beyond amazing. It was some of the best food I have ever eaten. I had the Rib Eye and Ahi. I highly recommend this place for anyone. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealLexiecorbDined on 9/21/2014Our meal at merriman's was absolutely fabulous ! Service ,food and ambiance ,all a 10Special Features:
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014Everything was perfect... Our food, service and the view were unbeatable. The server was even willing to put a salad on 2 plates so we could enjoy them as a pre-dinner salad and not a meal. The view of the ocean sunset is amazing and it made for a perfect ending to our honeymoon!Special Features:
- Merriman'sNettyDined on 9/17/2014Should have listened to published review. Food was disappointing. Ambiance amazing.Special Features:
- BrunchdeckVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food except for their concept Bloody Mary. Service was very good. Our server made several suggestions, all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Mongchong fish was possibly the best fish I have ever had. Period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We stayed on Kauai before coming to Maui and ate at the merrimans there. It was way better there. Had reservations for both places and in Maui we still had to wait 30 minutes and thre were open tables. Overall it was same quality food!Special Features:
- Best Mai Tai!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Loved this place and the view was phenomenal. Limited menu but great choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Maui Experience!DinearoundVIPDined on 9/11/2014We really enjoyed Merriman's! Great location, even for Maui! Fabulous ocean front patio for happy hour ( great cocktails), great outdoor dining area. Entree's we had were all wonderful local seafood selections. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleIdahochickDined on 9/10/2014Incredible food, service, view-loved everything about it. It's dreamySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLuvrfoodluvrVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a fabulous restaurant that we have been to on numerous occasions. However, on this particular visit the hostess dropped the ball and even though we had a 6:00 reservation, she gave our table away and we were not seated until 7:00. We would have left, but we had already ordered a cocktail at the bar, paid $25 for a taxi to the restaurant and could not get a reservation anywhere else we would have liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningSandJfromDKDined on 9/9/2014We went here for mig birthday and the evening was just perfect! Had some drinks and starters at the terrace overlooking the beautiful sunset. After that we went inside to enjoy our entrees - food and drinks were delicious! Would really recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding Maui SpotHappyVIPDined on 9/9/2014Have a drink on the huge deck while you watch the sunset is one of life's pleasures. And having dinner afterwards at this fine dining spot is the whip cream topping.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2014Everything was just incredible. Fantastic experience from view to service and everything in betweenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind of Disappointingdamoses21VIPDined on 9/8/2014We went to Merrimans last week, it was our second time, my husband's snapper was burnt and my ahi tuna was okay but had a relish of cucumber and onions and the onions were very overpowering and it just tasted like vinegar, there was a lot of fish though could not finish it all. For the price of the dishes they should be much better. The view is definitely worth sunset drinks and appetizers so that is what we will do next time since we go to Maui every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dinner lived up the ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Merriman's is in an outstanding location facing the sunset over the Pacific and Molokai. Went for my wife's birthday and could not have found a nicer spot. The food, drinks and service were all great. Would definitely recommend it if you are in MauiSpecial Features:
- Excellent but...knowdabizDined on 9/7/2014Setting - gorgeous, view - world class, food - VERY good, service - ugh! After appetizers arrived, it was as if we didn't exist. 30 minute wait for entrees, then into another forgotten zone for 30-40 minutes after we were finished with our entrees, desert menus arrived then another 20 minutes before we were asked if we were interested in desert or after dinner drinks. We were interested in both - 20 minutes ago, we passed on desert (one can only sit in a chair for so long). It was busy, it is always busy, the waiter probably got stuck in the weeds but he had no support such as a bus boy to lend a hand. At these prices, at a restaurant with such a high reputation, you expect much better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Amazing experience as always!! The mahi mahi was outstanding Always a favorite when we come to Maui. Server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stilesVIPDined on 9/5/2014Menu Food selection wonderful as were the actual tastes. One thing better than the last. We come our last night of vacationSpecial Features:
- Great find in KapaluaRobbDined on 9/5/2014We had a perfect table next to the bay for a spectacular sunset view. The service was wonderful from the moment we came in the door. I had local fish of the day, my wife had seared ahi - both were melt-in-your-mouth fabulous. We will make this a favorite and come here every year.Special Features:
- Salty foodDine4funDined on 9/4/2014The view at Merriman's was very nice, however our experience was mixed. We got to the restaurant 15 min before our reservation and the hostess looked at us if we came from to the wrong restaurant. She say come back in 15 mins and we will get you a table. So we went to the bar and had a drink which was nice. 15 mins later.. The same hostess said in a rude tone of voice "go close your tab and come back". So I did. We sat at a table next to the bar where that table sat empty the entire time we were there we were sitting right next to it earlier. Very inconvenient. We made the reservation a month in advance and we sat next to the bar! It was very noisy at that spot. The waitress was helpful in covering for the kitchens mistakes as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unforgettable - romantic64VetteDined on 9/4/2014it was above and beyond my wife's expectations, plus the sunset, especially since it was our first time and will be back again satruday nightSpecial Features:
- A must visit when on MauiRalphDined on 9/4/2014We went for a romantic dinner on our overdue honeymoon. They did not disappoint. Set your reservation at sunset and bring sunglasses and your phone. High class atmosphere, quality attention in service and in details.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentConniegirlDined on 9/4/2014Merriman's Restaurant is an exceptionally good restaurant in every way. I highly recommend it to everyone without reservation!Special Features:
- CarolCarolDined on 9/3/2014Everything about this restaurant is fantastic. This is definitely one of the best restaurants we have ever been to.Special Features:
- Perfect Maui birthday dinner!svtexVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great food, great views, and great mai tai's! What more could one want for a birthday! The pineapple bread pudding and mai tai's were seriously the best of our whole trip. Look forward to going back and enjoying aloha hour at the oceanside terrace.Special Features:
- Great view, bad everything else...MauihoneymoonersDined on 9/1/2014Great view and very beautiful but that didn't make up for the poor service (bus boy basically did everything for us over our server), poor food (I had the chicken and my husband had the fish special and both were like something out of a freeze as far as blan), and the resturant in General was extremely loud (my husband had to basically yell to talk to me). We went to Lahinan Grill the night before and maybe they spoiled us but for the same price as Merrimens I would I back to Lahinan Grill.Special Features:
- Delicious!kbtrunsDined on 9/1/2014Beautiful setting, lovely service, watched the sun sink into the Pacific while dining on sumptuous food. The charred Ahi is not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRickyTVIPDined on 9/1/2014Probably the best meal we had in Maui. Had a 5:30 reservation and sunset was at 6:45 so we were nervous we might be done before sunset. Not even close! We got a great table right in front, starting at the sun. The sunset was like none other and we they really took their time in serving us so that we could enjoy it. We didn't even receive our entrees yet by the time the sun went down, which is exactly what we wanted. My filet was out of this world! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantNYCDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is our first time at Merriman's and we can not wait to return! We will get there for the sunset next time!
- Good, pricey meal - best for sunsetRH80Dined on 8/31/2014We celebrated our first anniversary here based on a local recommendation. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get a res before 8:15pm so we missed the sunset. Thus, our 'scenic' experience was sort of meh. We shared the poke app, which was good but way too salty. For dinner, we had the Mahi Mahi, which was also too salty, and the Ahi, which my husband really liked. And, since it was our anniversary, they served us a complementary flower less chocolate dessert. Server was very good! attentive, timely, and courteous. Overall, an ok night, just not as spectacular as I had hoped. There are other, much less expensive places on the island that have consistently delicious, flavorful food (i.e., Cafe O'Lei in Kihei).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.