1301 4th St
Seabrook, TX 77586Neighborhood:
Kemah / Seabrook
ThaiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.merlionrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2813859975
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Thai
- Executive Chef: Andrew Lobeck
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: We can design any kind of catering menu to fit the customers' needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two rooms in our restaurant and can provide private settings.
- Private Party Contact: Brooke Villanueva 2813859975
- Entertainment: We have live music during our wine tastings.
A word from Merlion Restaurant
You'll be enchanted by this cozy haven nestled in Historic Seabrook - a quaint, yet lavishly appointed Thai destination. The menu offers a culinary tour through Thailand, carefully prepared and executed by Chef Andrew Lobeck, a second-generation virtuoso Thai chef. Expect an impressive wine selection that varies regularly, a lively lounge stocked with a full-bar, and a knowledgeable & friendly staff that will recommend the perfect pairing. The atmosphere is sultry, and an aura of understated elegance prevails. Merlion is a top choice whether you are seeking a romantic dinner for two or for a larger group for a special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Merlion Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kemah / Seabrook ›
Merlion Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (33)romantic (32)special occasion (31)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014We lived in Seabrook for 2.5 years before discovering this restaurant and now we are there at least a couple times a month! From the tempura fried calamari and chicken panang to the mango sticky fried rice, the food is amazing.Special Features:
- fri night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Our table was ready when we arrived, great wine selection by glass or bottle, mussels were good calamari so so, more batter than calamari but rest of the meal was great. will go again, make reservations, fills up quick !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic---As alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014We come here at least twice a month with various friends and various group sizes. Merlion always treats us to an amazing meal. Lauren makes the best cocktails. Brooke's wine choices are impeccable. And Chef Andrew certainly knows how to make dishes worth returning for often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeabrookFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Merlion is a great local restaurant (in Seabrook) and serves consistently excellent Thai food. It's usually difficult to get a table on weekends, so make a reservation in advance. Two people can have an excellent meal with wine for around $80. Just don't plan on having any intimate conversation - the dining area can be loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper at Merlion last ThursdaycolumbiadocDined on 8/20/2014I made reservations for Thursday evening. The staff was helpful with the menu. I had one drink that was good and a glass of wine: the pour was generous. I had a four course menu sponsored by a Restaurant Week in Houston and vicinity. The spring rolls really did not have any flavor of their own; the peanut sauce that accompanied them was not bad. I elected to have an extra appetizer, a soft shell crab, of which I am fond. Deep frying in in a heavy batter did it no favors. I also had a sauteed grouper that was swimming in a red sauce. The salad was okay. I ordered fruit plate, which was one of the choices on the 4 course prix fixe meal, but that was not available, so the waiter deducted the cost of my glass of wine. A disappointing meal.
- Excellent Food, Service & AmbienceSasquatchDined on 8/19/2014What can I say. I took a date to Merlions and everything was perfect. Both meals and horsdourves were delicious and the service was on-spot. Would recommend and will be going back!Special Features:
- HtowndiningDined on 8/15/2014Make reservations because they do get busy. Be sure to ask the staff about specials and wine pairings. Very good wine list and Thai specialties are wonderful, just check the heat level. Ours are always perefect. Good for a small group or a date night, just plan ahead a bit and tell staff what you are looking for. A real gem.Special Features:
- Always fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is incredible. Brooke & Lauren make the best drinks. And servers are always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodShariGVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food is always wonderful. The panang is fantastic!Special Features:
- Best Thai food in Houston!dcmarvelmomDined on 8/6/2014Amazing, fresh seafood, consistent food and wonderful staff and servers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantLuv2dineDined on 8/6/2014The food and service is always amazing. The bar always knows how to make the perfect drink for you or choose the right wine for you. This restaurant is a hidden gem. The owner Brooke, always makes you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceKathyDined on 8/6/2014We ordered the menu for Houston restaurant week and both of us were very pleased. There were 4 items to choose from for each course and my husband and I chose different items so we could share. Wonderful food, wonderful wine and wonderful service. A great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceExcellentDined on 7/24/2014Another great experience at Merlion's. Cannot recommend this place enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Panang!ShariGVIPDined on 7/22/2014Everything is always fresh and so very good! Great wine list!Special Features:
- Best Thai food anywherejm4cloudDined on 7/18/2014Merlion has the best Thai food I have ever had in the entire Houston area. I am so glad it is close to my home. Do not be in a rush here; it is slow to get your food because everything is fresh and worth the wait.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodJosephDined on 7/18/2014went there for the first time last week. we had the specials (sea bass), the food was outstanding, we definitely go back for the food. the wine list is very reasonably priced. it's not an overly romantic place, and noise is a tad loud when the dining area is crowded, which I suspect most weekend it would be. though not the time of year in Houston, the outdoor dining area looked interesting as did the bar area (crowded on a friday night).Special Features:
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014The food is fantastic. Always very tasty. Lauren makes the best martinis. And Brooke makes you feel like she's known you for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai restaurantluvberrygudfudDined on 7/11/2014Merlion is an exceptional Thai restaurant. We got the Chef's Table, a five course tasting menu that included two appetizers, a salad, two soups, two entrees and a dessert. Sort of pricey ($45/person, minimum of two), as everything was outstanding, it was a bargain. The chef chose the menu and, in my opinion, he/she couldn't have chosen better. This was our first visit but it certainly won't be our last.Special Features:
- Unique PlaceBrunoDined on 7/5/2014Awesome dining!Spicey food and service. Quality fare with personable service. Great, classy restaurant! Love the staff! Made my wife's birthday special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love MerlionSmeddyDined on 7/3/2014We've been visiting the restaurant over the past three years. We have always had excellent service and enjoyed the meal so much. The wine list is extensive and sure to satisfy all those who enjoy a good glass. The Panang dish is my personal favorite but everything is good! I said they were kid-friendly but this is because they went out of the way to accommodate us off-the-menu with three children. I prefer to enjoy this restaurant with my husband alone! Thanks for a lovely evening on Thursday and we look forward to the next time we get to visit Merlion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, no rushKeith72Dined on 6/26/2014Food is consistently excellent. Merlion has a nice relaxed atmosphere, you're not rushed through your meal. Not a place for someone who wants to get in and out quickly, but great for those who want to eat at their own pace.Special Features:
- Always WonderfExcellentDined on 6/20/2014We have been dining at Merlions for many years and it is consistently great. Merlion's possesses a rare combination of ambiance, comfort, great people and wonderful food and wine. Merlion's often reminds us of the dining in Napa Valley. Brooke, Andrew and their entire team are first-class but more so make you feel as if you a good friend just stopping by for a drink and dinner. One of the best restaurants in the Houston area.Special Features:
- HtowndiningDined on 6/13/2014Merlion is an excellent restaurant with great food and a classy romantic atmosphere. Or it can be. This last time, some people at two other tables were just very loud. Not the fault of the establishment at all, just people with no class. All our other visits have been lovely. The food is outstanding and the manager / owner will be happy to help with selections of food andf wine. Spice levels can vary from night to night.... so be sure to inquire.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014This restaurant serves excellent Thai food. It's somewhat expensive, but would be an excellent place for special occasions or when you feel you deserve a "treat"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice find in SeabrookBiosafetybabeVIPDined on 6/7/2014Several people had recommended Merlion to us, and we wanted a special place for celebrating 2 birthdays. The food was very tasty, and the cocktails were also done well. They presented us with a whole cake (Kroger) for dessert, and 2 bottles of campaign as we were leaving, which was a surprise. On the negative side, it was a bit strange that some random man, sitting in the bar, yelled at us to ask if we had a reservation when we walked in. Also, the waitress never told us about the specials, but other tables were informed. We asked about the "Chef's Table" and were told it was a secret, however we could tell her what we were allergic to. We will probably return, but not dress up, as it is very casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not lastInkedupABNDined on 6/5/2014First visit and it will not be my last. The food was excellent and our server was on point. Everything we ordered was amazing. The seafood that was in my dish tasted incredibly fresh. This place has just landed on my weekly treats list. Can't wait to explore the menu even more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently great foodfoodntheatreDined on 6/1/2014The restaurant might be a little off the beaten path, but it is definitely worth the drive. Great Thai food in a small intimate setting. We often choose the Chef's choice with delightful results. You tell the waitstaff your allergies, the chef prepares five courses for you. We have never been disappointed and leave with food for another meal. because the restaurant is small, it always pays to make a reservation! Waitstaff is attentive. This is not a fast food dining experience. plan on having a leisurely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanetDined on 5/24/2014This was our first visit and the wine, food and service were outstanding. The Merlion Soft Spring Rolls with Shrimp were the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- The following 119 reviews are from the Merlion Restaurant reviews archive.
- Favorite restaurant in Clear LakeActivaannieDined on 5/16/2014We visit Merlion frequently. The food is always wonderful. They have a great wine selection and an outdoor area with a fire pit. Staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/16/2014Lauren makes the best spicy martini. And the currys are incredible. Add goat cheese. This team is consistently fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperiencepeaceandloveDined on 5/11/2014Over the years, Merlion has maintained its reputation for preparing the best Thai food in the Houston area. I've never been disappointed in my favorite dish, panang curry. The decor is sophisticated, despite the restaurant's surprising location in an Old Seabrook neighborhood. I certainly will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Fantastic dining experience, relaxed, romantic setting with delicious curry and a wide selection of meats to pair with the curries. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- birthday dinnerchickpea4Dined on 5/9/2014Was very impressed that since I specified birthday on reservations that a full sized cake was brought out and a bottle of champagne . My guests live out of state and were quite impressed ! Thanks for a very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Great food and great service. This has become our standard date night venue and always look forward to it.Special Features:
- Excellent!DMG13VIPDined on 4/25/2014Visiting from Edmonton, Alberta and found this place on Open Table. Booked it based on the excellent reviews and we were not disappointed. We never would have found it by driving around - tucked away in a quiet residential area; staff were very friendly, service was excellent as was the food. We will be sure to visit again if in Houston, and will most certainly recommend.Special Features:
- DisappointedGastronautDined on 4/18/2014Usually our experience here is wonderful. On a recent night we had a wonderful meal but then the music changed to loud old school rap, current rap etc. The mood changed. As we left, one of the waitresses (who I had thought from a previous visit was a sommelier) was actually dancing, unpleasantly, on the bar. Also, a manager(?) and other employees sat right outside of the bar door near outside tables and smoked. The food is always divine but this night has definitely put a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoytodineDined on 4/18/2014It is a comfortable dining place. Love to bring guests for dining. Great staff. Very friendly atmosphere. Good food, specially for vegetarians, great choices. Willing to convert any recepie into vegetarian dish.Special Features:
- Always GreatCokerbudDined on 4/17/2014The chef here is great and the Thai food is the best in the area. The service is unbeatable but make a reservation, especially on the weekend. My favorites on the menu are The Tiger Eye Salad and The Soft Shell Crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Massaman in townMorayDined on 4/11/2014The food here is superb. Just be wary of the heat levels! They take delivery if fresh chilies and crush them complete to add to their recipes. They will warn you if that days batch are especially hot :) Excellent wine menu at reasonable prices as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!DiningdivaDined on 4/8/2014This is a great Thai restaurant tucked away in Seabrook. It's a great local restaurant and a great change from the chain restaurants in Clear Lake area. Great food, wonderful service! If going on a weekend, make a reservation! You don't want to miss out on the great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.