25485 Telegraph Road
Southfield, MI 48034Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: 2483581310
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday – Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Gordon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Meriwether's
A landmark on Telegraph Road for more than 30 years, Meriwether’s provides a comfortable, down-home ambiance in the style of an English Country Inn. Meriwether’s specializes in fresh fish and seafood delicacies such as Salmon Rockefeller, Maryland Crab Cakes and Dynamite Scallops as well as tender steaks, pastas, sandwiches and salads. The famous Teacup Bread, served with honey-cinnamon butter, is a trademark recipe from the original restaurant. With four private rooms available, Meriwether’s is also the perfect location for special events – from business meetings and power lunches to parties, banquets and receptions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Meriwether's - Best Restaurants in Southfield ›
Meriwether's reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)good for groups (25)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (17)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I think the food could have been better the potatoes cold. The price I paid I think it should been better for the price I paid.but overall it was ok I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceDineoutDined on 10/18/2014Excellent dining experience. The service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant EveningGaryDDined on 10/18/2014A lovely quiet evening, Our waitress was pleasant, professional and on the spot, but only at the perfect time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudieBDined on 10/17/2014Prime rib was reheated. I've never been asked to 'cut into" the prime rib to check its doneness .... It should have been apparent but just looking at it. However, when the prime rib is cooked and then reheated, that is what happens. The mashed potatoes that accompanied the main dish tasted watered down. They tasted like instant mashed potatoes that had a few real potatoes added for appearance. On the up side the clam chowder was very good. Very disappointed. Would have expected a lot more for $75 for two people (no alcohol)! Won't go back ....
- Top-notch steak. Top-notch service.weperry10Dined on 10/16/2014My husband and I were celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary and news that we are expecting our first child. I noted this on the Open Table reservation, and our waitress remembered everything. She was friendly and made recommendations we loved. The filet mignon was the best I've had in a long time. The restaurant was quiet on a Thursday night (we were the last guests to leave), and our booth was intimate and comfortable. It's been more than 10 years since I've been to this restaurant, but because it is less than a mile from my home, I know we'll be back again—asking for steak ... and the same waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutMacHomeDined on 10/16/2014Food, Menu Great...Service was not great...very non attentive and slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Fine Dining Night OutGoodTimesDined on 10/15/2014I've always wanted to dine at Meriwether's but never had until this occasion. It had superb service, the food was very good and it was not a rushed experience at all. A very good selection of wines, other drinks and beverages, meal choices and desserts. I would definitely go back to Meriwether's again sometime soon!Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseHappyDinerDined on 10/12/2014The outside is a bit unassuming, however, the ambience and service were much better than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of TouchTweaks2tweakDined on 10/7/2014I went to Meriwethers with my family last week for my husband's birthday with the understanding that this establishment specializes in fresh seafood and prime cut steaks. What we found was less than satisfactory: firstly, upon entering at 6:30 we were told that the Prime Rib had been sold out (the prime rib becomes available on the dinner menu at 4pm and is sold as four separate menu items under the non-seafood menu). Secondly, the items we purchased were wildly overpriced and the dishes were without flair or flavor ( and in many cases, salt!). The service was attentive and pleasant, and we were all supplied with a second round of their fresh baked rolls. I wanted so much to be impressed with Meriwether's, and sadly I was not.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysLeonardDined on 10/6/2014I only make it to Meriwether's a few times per year, but it never disappoints. The prices are a tad high for what you get, but they make up for it with service, quality and atmosphere. I feel bad that I can't remember our waitress's name because she was beyond outstanding. She's been working there for over a decade and it showed. We had a great time!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsPassionateGourmetGirlDined on 9/26/2014Love Meriwether's. Love sitting in the bar and chatting with Mark and Lauren who are exceptional. And the food is great.Special Features:
- Rory Mac FarmMacHomeDined on 9/19/2014The food is great for lunch many choices..just need more service help...the waitstaff is great but stretched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GerryCVIPDined on 9/19/2014We needed to have a discussion over lunch, so were placed in a quiet corner of a second dining room. Our server knew her stuff, giving excellent recommendations of the menu items. Food came quickly. Well prepared. Nicely presented. We'll be back -- Meriwether's took great care of us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meriweathersmmm1Dined on 9/9/2014We loved it and Rebecca, our server, made it a perfect evening. Wonderful menu selection. We had a perfect table for conversation and enjoying ourselves.Special Features:
- Great Food, slow serviceFoodeaterDined on 9/4/2014This is not the first time we experiences slow service. We waited 15 minutes after being seated to have someone appear at our table. The food is great and I would recommend the "Lunch Box" specials. The food is the perfect amount for a lunch meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Nightcustomer4Dined on 8/18/2014Generally the service is very good, but last Monday was the worst service I had experience from any restaurant in a long time. Waited 15 for the waitress to even acknowledge we were there. Most restaurants will serve the ladies first, but this waitress acted at random with the orders and then with the meals. When she brought our food to the table, she asked us to pick up our salad plates so she could put our food down. Other tables that arrived after us already left while we waited for our bill at the end.Special Features:
- My pasta dish was fabulous! Mange'YodasNanaDined on 8/15/2014I rarely eat my entire meal but this time my plate was clean!! And I love the cinnamon butter for the rolls. We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-but needs 2 B remodeled!ValentinerDined on 8/7/2014Food is good - would recommend for that alone -- however the decorations and furniture are older than I am!! Way overdue for a remodel!
- ElizabethDined on 7/31/2014I was looking forward to a special lunch out with some friends. The place looks nice and service is still good. However the food was disappointing. Two of us had salads that were (literally ) swimming in dressing. Worst of all, the teacup bread was dry and stale! Too mediocre for the place and price.
- ComfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Good service and pleasant servers at the bar while waiting on a person in our party. Perfect table for the 4 of us and the appetizers and meals were excellent. I would go every week if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dhowieDined on 7/27/2014Brought 2 gentlemen from Germany and they were very pleased with the dinner. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Good foodGoFishDined on 7/22/2014All of our group of 6 had seafood of some kind. My salmon was excellent.Special Features:
- Greatmafjfk1VIPDined on 7/5/2014Awesome. Best dining experience in the State of Michigan. From the bread to the appetizer to the main course. It was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My special BirthdayKysbirthdayDined on 7/5/2014I am nine years old. I wanted to eat at this restaurant because my parents went there before. I really loved it. I like it better than Golden Corral.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood spotWhoKnowsDined on 7/2/2014One of Chuck Muer's restaurants, which specialize in seafood in an upscale setting. Quiet so can have a nice conversation, although not many in the place this night. However, on prior trips, have not had any problems hearing. Attentive and courteous service to bring well prepared dinners.Special Features:
- The following 299 reviews are from the Meriwether's reviews archive.
- No passion.SavvyabsDined on 6/23/2014The waitstaff seemed uninterested, our seafood was old/bad, prime rib tasted reheated, uninspired menu. I was really hoping for an old school steak/seafood experience- with classic choices and some creative options as well... And the decor was just about there, the wood and stained glass were cool. But the attention to detail missed the mark... The chef should have never let food leave the kitchen in the condition ours was in... I think the age of the patrons is pretty telling, we were the only table under 70- I'm guessing the reputation was better and there are loyal customers from way back when, but now they can't taste.
- great foodnitaDined on 6/15/2014I enjoyed dinner the setting is really old chairs uncomfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedMartyDined on 5/31/2014Door man and hostess gave nice smiles, maître 'd brought me to a very pleasant table, quiet, comfortable, set off from others, under a window which though colored plate glass (I prefer clear views onto a garden or woods) was nice and bright. Waitress was excellent, very friendly, personable, enthusiastic, looked after my party of 4 closely enough but not overboard, and overall ambience was under-stated rich and fine. Meals--we had seasoned shrimp appetizer (very good), I had prime rib and shrimp tempura (both very good), and my friends' dishes (salmon, chicken) looked very good, all enjoyed, no complaints of any kind. After dinner coffee (very good). I would certainly go back, my friends have gone # times.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceJeriVIPDined on 5/30/2014My friend and I shared a wonderful birthday (for both of us) dinner at Meriwethers. Great food, ambience, and perfect service by Mary. And they even had each of our names printed on the top of the menu - a very classy and thoughtful touch.Special Features:
- Great spot for drinks and dinnerMovingonDined on 5/29/2014Wonderful food. Pecan trout was super. Sat and talked for hours while enjoying drinks and dinner. Never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Wait StaffcarpVIPDined on 5/28/2014our wait staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about menu. Heard I was celebrating a birthday and brought a candle with dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeriwethersluvgoodfoodDined on 5/28/2014It is nice to know that some things never change and the deliciousness of Meriwether's food is one.Special Features:
- Wonderful night out.BarberBillDined on 5/24/2014Our appetizers and dinners were wonderful. First class! That and a pleasant ambiance made for a special night out. That and a bottle of wonderful wine and it just doesn't get any better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfamilydinerDined on 5/24/2014WE had a very nice dinner but thought the time between courses was rather lengthy. The restaurant has a nice relaxed quiet atmosphere where you want to linger over your dining experience but there is a limit to the lingering time between courses can be long. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful in the choices we made for our dinner. she was well versed and knowledge about everything on the menu and the day specials. IF you visit the restaurant be sure you have left enough time to enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- worst service i have ever hadthrealcriticDined on 5/23/2014The waitress was the absolute worse. Forgot that we ordered food several times, notified her of allergy and told me 2 separate dishes did mot contain my allergy when they did. Still tried to charge us them got an attitude and started clearing our table including my full glass of water whole we were sitting there and my bill was I'm her handSpecial Features:
- Great seafoodJPfrenchVIPDined on 5/15/2014Excellent oysters from Virginia and fantastic sole! The Chenin blanc from California was also greatSpecial Features:
- Retro vibesdaaVIPDined on 5/11/2014Although Meriwether's had been around for a long time, I first discovered it about a month ago when I dropped in for an early dinner. The food was very good & the service was excellent. We decided to try again on Mother's Day, when the restaurant was busier but not overly crowded. The food was still very good, but this time the service was very slow. The server rarely came to the table, I had to inquire about our entrees & ask for the bill to other staff members. The server still did not realize that we were ready to go so I handed her the bill while she was talking to a co-worker. My Mom said she thought the food was good but the service wasn't. I can't recommend this place due to the poor service.
- Good but not the BestOhioFoodieDined on 5/11/2014Went for a mother's day dinner. The food was good and the service was better. Some dishes were better than others. A filet ordered medium rare was medium. The blackened whitefish was ordered just slightly spicy and was very much enjoyed. Our waitress did an excellent job. It seemed to take a while for dinner to come out, so the slightly overcooked steak was accepted without complaint. I might go back on a less crowded day and give them another chance.
- Really nice Mother's DayjudyfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Had a lovely Mother's Day with my husband and two VERY hungry young adult sons. Satisfied everyone in the party, especially the foodies. Food was delicious and plentiful. Lots of choices. Nice atmosphere and even though it was very full, it was relaxing and rather subdued and cozy. The wait staff was so skilled that they didn't seem hurried or off game. I felt like I was at an establishment that has done fine dining well for a successfully long time.Special Features:
- ServiceLoveditVIPDined on 5/11/2014My Mother's Day was NOT a good one in regards to Meriweather's. The waitress was rude, distant, short, & the manager seemed to appease her. She had an issue with us switching tables in the very beginning when there were several vacant. She placed the dessert menu down on the table & did not say anything, we waited more than an hour to order & get rolls. Our service was obviously slower than the two tables that came after us, were served before us, & had left when we were just getting our food. There were only five of us, we didn't have salads or appetizers, only our dinners? I had great service years ago in the private room & can't imagine WHY the service was SO horrible AND on Mother's Day? Now what do we do with this information?