1505 Weaver St
Scarsdale, NY 10583Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://meritagerestaurant.net/
- Phone: (914) 472-8484
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:45pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:45pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chris Vergara
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 9144728484
A word from Meritage
Since 2004, Meritage Restaurant has combined the warmth and comfort that you expect from your favorite neighborhood restaurant with an exciting New American menu sourced from local purveyors. This ensures that we're able to present only the freshest seasonal ingredients all year round. Our mission is to offer great food served by a professional staff that truly cares about enhancing your dining experience, while supporting the highest standards of responsible, sustainable food production. Executive Chef Chris Vergara's Italian roots and French culinary training are a unique combination that makes many of our customers feel that we are their "second kitchen". Our attention to detail in the kitchen, along with the welcoming atmosphere created by Manager/Owner Jamie Steinthal, has enabled us to grow and prosper for the past nine years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Meritage - Best Restaurants in Scarsdale ›
Meritage reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (11)romantic (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- WestchesterfoodloversDined on 11/14/2014Known this restaurant but have not revisited for several years. Friendly greeting by staff and seating at a nice table. We had an early reservation, so place was quite empty but filled up pretty fast. At first our waiter was attentive and then slacked off. There was no second or third pouring of our wine by him. We enjoyed a very nice Char Tartar. Second course was Short Rib for my husband, which was prepared as one chunk of meat with mashed potatoes and little gravy. I decided to go for the special of the night, Cod with some veggies. As we eat out often, we know the food scene quite well, but this dish left me totally floored. Looked like I received a bowl of cereal, (dish size was smaller than that of the appetizer), containing a piece of fish the size of 2x3" on some unrecognizable vegetable with chickpeas. I actually had to ask the waiter if this was the main course. If you are a foodie, don't go here. Presentation of any dish is below par and prices are way above par.
- Fresh food but blandURWhatUEatVIPDined on 10/29/2014Service was friendly & efficient enough - as expected. Ordered arctic char tartare & arctic char entrees. While I didn't care for the tartare - tasted "fishy", I did like the arctic char from the entree. It was very fresh & cooked perfectly. However, the fish was very bland (not seasoned well) and the sides (farro & spinach) were way too oily despite reassurance from the waitstaff that the chef uses very little oil in the saute. They offer 2 types of fresh pastas while others are the usual dried ones, but they are unable to switch sauces with the pastas..? Thought pasta dishes are expensive - all above $22 & these are nothing special to them. Chef seems too rigid to accommodate requests. Order from menu "as is" only. Will not be back.
- foodforthesoulVIPDined on 10/24/2014I couldn't give this restaurant a better review! The greeters, wait-staff, ambience and food all get five stars.
- Simply WonderfulRatetheBaitDined on 10/18/2014Outstanding menu and delicious food. A lot of seasonal choices so everything is as fresh and desirable as could be. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodALGARVEDined on 10/10/2014Small cozy environment, farm to table menu is limited but consistently good. The specials, as in all restaurants, are pricey. The vintage cocktail list is interesting, sazarak included. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitLuv2eatoutVIPDined on 9/26/2014When coming with friends from the city or other communities, this restaurant never disappoints. Try the arctic char!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manga at MeritageDateniteDined on 9/11/2014Love coming here with my husband or with other couples. Food is always fresh and delicious. They make outstanding cocktails. Service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at MeritagelocalSrdinerDined on 8/31/2014This was my first visit to Meritage and I liked the ambiance, the service and the food. My biggest complaint is that the menu is very limited. I ended up having 2 appetizers - which I have done elsewhere - and both were delicious. No entrée appealed to me. We had a very nice evening. The quiet was especially appreciated.
- Very DisappointingRoysRestaurantCustomerVIPDined on 8/11/2014When we arrived on a Monday evening, there were only two other occupied tables in the restaurant. Then several people arrived after us. They ordered their food before we did, and were served before we were served. We sat for at least 45 minutes before ordering our food. We tried to get the waiter's attention, but he neglected us completely. He neglected to tell us about the specials, and when he finally took our order, the restaurant was out of at least three items that we asked for. The food was just OK, but the overall experience was completely disappointing. It is such a shame because we live in the neighborhood and it is conveniently located, but we have no intention of ever going back.
- The following 53 reviews are from the Meritage reviews archive.
- good but not outstandingAlguuzDined on 7/18/2014I was having dinner with my spouse in this place and I think that the place is really nice and the service was excellent. However I considerer that the food was in general good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- a lovely restaurantfussyfemaleVIPDined on 6/19/2014Meritage is consistently good; the staff is attentive and circulates among the tables making sure people are satisfied. The food is fresh and nicely prepared and presented. The wine list is complete. Always a very pleasant and delicious experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantDateniteDined on 5/27/2014My husband and I love to eat here. We brought friends who have moved away and they liked the food as well. What impressed me most was that my husband ordered the lamb chops and After our appetizers our waiter came out and told my husband that the chef won't serve him the chops because they are too gamey /tough. We eat out often and no other restaurant refused us food because it wasn't up to par. We've just had to suffer through. Or been refused because they've run out. The food is consistently good and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- . The worst everOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/15/2014How would you like to have overly sweet drinks with no alcohol, food that is over salted and thrown on the over siized plate (appetizer) shrimp that came from a frozen bag' , an interminable wait for main course(over 30 minutes) short ribs that tasted like it came from a tired pressure cooker, fish so dry you couldn't eat it' a replacement of salmon with ill tasting skin that I spit out, flat soda, and a replacement with siugar soda when I said I was diabetic. I think they had some bad kitchen help because food wasn't even attractive on the plate. It looked like it was thrown down. I know this is not the reputation of the restaurant and despite the fact that we weren't charged for our meal, I would advise people not to come back. Ugh.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014The menu selections are somewhat limited and should be expanded but the food I had was very good.Special Features:
- Family Style dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014Meritage is a fine restaurant - I have had meals for quiet special occasions there often - dinner with wifey etc. Unfortunately this restaurant is not ready for this type of meals. The neighborhood badly needs this type of restaurant, but Meritage should remain the restaurant we have always known it to be - bordering on fine dining. The meals took too long to arrive and children got jittery. The Overall rating above relates to the family style dinners recently introduced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a winner!creamcheeseDined on 4/24/2014Always wanted to try and it exceeded all expectations. Special entrees were alittle price but totally worth it. Would definitely go back again especially on a Tuesday where you can bring your own wine. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Solid neighborhood optionLive4FoodVIPDined on 4/20/2014We have lived close to Meritage for years and have never been until last night. Our waiter was relaxed and efficient. Our two apps (one being liver crostini) and 4 entrees were all very good. We were afraid the short ribs were going to be dry like at most restaurants, but Meritage's was moist. The Tagliatelle Bolognese and Cauliflower linguni were tasty. Though they do not make it, the cheesecake is amazing. We are picky about restaurants, so we are happy to have this solid option in our rotation. Being nearby is also a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAverageDadDined on 4/14/2014Have always passed by and have ordered take out on occasion but had never had the chance to sit and eat at Meritage until last Monday. We made a reservation for 6 at 8pm on what was Passover evening. Although a typically quiet evening for restaurants they made sure we were well cared for. The food was delightful and the staff was very attentive. We're happy we got the chance to enjoy the restaurant and we return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought this would be betterLoriDined on 4/11/2014Friends had recommended this place. I like the atmosphere And menu but the service was very inconsistent and The food came out very slowly. When we first day down No one face us menus or came over . I had to flag Down the waiter . Then there was a huge gap between Our appetizer and entree so they comped us drinks. No reason for that on a Friday night where 2-3 tables were free. The service brought the experience down .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just goodPepeneroDined on 4/6/2014We went once and appreciated the appetizers. The spaghetti with cauliflower was dry. There is no selection for vegetarians or vegans really, just a few things. For the price and the hype built by the web page it was a bit underwhelming. Good enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than we rememberedNRfoodieDined on 4/5/2014We hadn't been back to Meritage in a while, and the menu had changed from small and large plates to a strightforward menu offering delicious options. The food was well-prepared (my husband loved his veal parm on the bone), and they were accommodating of my gluten-free requests. We always appreciate being able to have a conversation at Meritage, even on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week FindMariaDined on 3/10/2014We were really excited to see Mertiage on the RW menu. We've been wanting to try it since we ate at it's sister restaurant Harpers. Everything was just delicious. Located in a little mall in Scardale you might almost drive by it on Weaver St. It's a definite "must-try." the chef is innovative and his food really spot on. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Nice, but uninspiredOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/22/2014Great food. Nice, but uninspired atmosphere. The serving staff seem to assume that you have been there before. It seems that most people in the restaurant were locals who knew each other. They acted as if they were in one of their homes as opposed to a public space, which was not always a considerate way to behave. In summary, a great meal with casual service surrounded by people who were less than considerate. I would eat here again for the food and will probably be more likely to try the chef/owner's other locations in hopes of a different crowd with the same excellent food.Special Features:
- keep forgetting how good it is!wendyVIPDined on 2/14/2014Although we say Scarsdale lacks restaurants of quality, I must say that Meritage never disappoints...and I must remember to go more often. We went for Valentine's day dinner with another couple and were seated immediately - no wait-at-the-bar games here! Our dinner was delicious..The pasta "pillows" with butternut squash I had was outstanding and my friend said her arctic char was yummy.The red velvet cake we had for dessert, as well as the other items we ordered, was all so good. We loved how the tables were not on top of each other, like in some other places, and that we could totally hear each other talk.Our waitress was terrific and caring of allergies - we can't wait to eat at Meritage again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot get a bad meal!!LoyalistVIPDined on 2/1/2014No matter how many times I go to Meritage, I cannot buy a bad meal. The only way to leave disappointed is if you get jealous of someone elses order. The standard menu is perfect, the service is friendly, accomodating and never slow. You will always run into your friends there, and that is one of the best parts. No amount of money can get you a bad meal there. You can throw darts at a board and come out happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulHavanaVIPDined on 2/1/2014We live near the Meritage, but never knew what type of restaurant it was. Thanks to Open Table, and the reviews of the Meritage, we decided to try it and it surpassed both of our expectations. We will definitely become regular customers!Special Features:
- Excellent Scarsdale retaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/31/2013Went here for New Year's Eve and, unlike many places that don't do well on special occasions, Meritage did everything right. The food was excellent, and the service couldn't have been better. We'll be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodLuv2eatoutVIPDined on 12/21/2013After spending a day in the city, we returned to Westchester for an enjoyable dinner. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful. This will now be on pur lists of favorites.Special Features:
- Our favorite local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/19/2013The food at Meritage is always delicious. Their menu changes seasonally and is always fresh. The waiters and bartenders treat you like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBillWDined on 12/5/2013Food was excellent. Had the pasta bolognese and the veal milanese. Both were excellent. Given the restaurant wasn't full, wait service could have been more attentive. We waited a lot. (Went during the middle of the week.). Still, the food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo Chef - a culinary inst. treatpinchusDined on 11/12/2013I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. My wife and I had the duck confit on a bed of braised brussel sprouts. I had the squash soup; she had the beet salad. Both were excellent. The dessert, chocolate bread pudding, was truly a treat. Generous portions. Chef Tatou (sp?) hugged the regular customers as he visited the tables and promised to dazzle us upon our return.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialgcminVIPDined on 11/10/2013We hadn't eaten here in many years but decided to try it for Restaurant Week even though the restaurant doesn't post any menus (other than a Sunday special) online. The food was OK but with so many excellent places at comparable prices and atmospheres this doesn't stand out at all. The wine list is unusual, with a good selection of unusual vineyards at fair prices.
- Classic Dinner in ScarsdaleBayman72Dined on 11/6/2013Meritage is a sophisticated dining spot with great food. The wine list was reasonably priced and extensive.Special Features:
- Food is always consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2013Food is always consistently above average. The variety of food makes it easy to always find something you like. Great Sharing appetizers and interesting desserts. Meet friends there and we have never had a bad experience. The waiter that we usually have has b een there for a long time and is amazing. Attentive but not annoying. I will continue to go there on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Very good food; nice ambiance.Redd520Dined on 10/25/2013Very good food; nice ambiance. Interesting and creative drink specials. Went with two girlfriends and we really enjoyed ourselves. They did not rush us out although it was a Friday night and crowded.Special Features:
- very good but overpriced.mkdinerVIPDined on 10/16/2013very good but overpriced. We basically had two appetizers and the bill didn't reflect that.Special Features:
- Meritage never disappoints!KnitterVIPDined on 10/4/2013Meritage never disappoints! The menu is carefully created, with a varied standard menu that offers something for everyone . But check out the specials also. New to the menu is artichoke char tartare, with avocado cream and arugula, it was outstanding, as the special duck breast with parsnip purée, perfectly cooked! our waiter Tony makes the evening that much more special,Describe the wine by the glass that you want, and he brings it. Meritage is always a great spot to linger if you wish over dinner, not too noisy and not rushed to peruse the menu or eat. We will continue to keep going backSpecial Features:
- Superb food and serviceMumuVIPDined on 9/27/2013Fabulous meal, fabulous service but quite a stuffy atmosphere. The food was so good that we will return but prefer the atmosphere of Harpers in Dobbs Ferry which is the sister restaurant. Maybe it's just the difference between the Scarsdale crowd vs rivertown crowd. The service was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was a littlejudeDined on 9/21/2013The restaurant was a little warn! Our reservation was at 715pm and when we walked in, we thought it was senior citizen night. The food was only mediocre but the service was very good.
- No Happy Birthdaybakerlady67Dined on 9/21/2013My husband and I took our aunt out for her birthday and decided that this was a suitable special occasion place to do it. While she and I were being seated, my husband spoke with the maitre'd asking that her dessert be presented with a lighted candle. She graciously agreed. That did not happen so I got up to rectify the situation. The wait person came back, removed her dessert and THEN brought it back with a candle. I had requested that an additional dessert be brought out with the candle. (We had only ordered 2 for the 3 of us originally). I felt that this was an awkward way to handle the situation. Her dessert should not have been removed after having been served. Quite embarrassing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.