Meritage - Warwick
5454 Old Post Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Meritage - Warwick
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meritageri.com/
- Phone: 4018841255
- Hours of Operation:
Friday at 4pm
All other days at 4:30 pm
Kitchen stops serving at 10pm Sunday through Tuesday and 11pm Wednesday through Saturday.
Bar stays open till between 12 and 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andy Norman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Meritage - Warwick
This casual yet elegant restaurant features eclectic new-American cuisine and a carefully chosen wine list that includes twenty wines by the glass and many more by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Meritage - Warwick - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
Meritage - Warwick reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (28)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (22)hot spot (14)notable wine list (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Always pleased at Meritage. The antipasto was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Satisfied First Time DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/8/2014Excellent food, excellent service, at very reasonable prices means that these first time diners look forward to returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated in main dining room.heysailorDined on 2/8/2014Seated in main dining room. Food was above average but tables filled in and noise level was very high; unable to conduct a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can always depend on outstandinMariaDined on 2/1/2014You can always depend on outstanding service and great food, warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- A Gem!kateDined on 1/28/2014Birthday dinner was fantastic - food, service, everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Restaurant is wonderfulmarkyp32Dined on 1/20/2014The Restaurant is wonderful but some tables for 2 were too close together and that's what we were offered when we walked in "With Reservations". They graciously offered us a nice corner table upon request which was great. We ordered from the "Restaurant Week Menu" and the selections were diverse . The Calamari and the Stuffed Pepper appetizers were awesome and I ordered the Penne Jambalaya Entree and my Girlfriend ordered the Grilled Sirloin Steak W/Lobster Tarragon Butter and both were excellent ! For dessert we ordered the NY Cheesecake and the P B and C Torte which were both outstanding. The Special should have included at least 1 alcoholic beverage per person or at the very least, a cup of coffee served with dessert.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2014Great food, quick service and great wine selection. The orange ginger salmon is amazing.Special Features:
- Nice ambience, excellent waitluvriDined on 1/15/2014Nice ambience, excellent wait staff and dinner was exceptional. Went during restaurant week and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and quantity. I had the scallops as an appetizer and my husband had the calamari - both were generous and delicious. We both had the sirlion which was outstanding. Cooked perfectly, tender and flavorful. Dessert was decadent. A desssert martini and cheese cake with fresh fruit. Will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Pleasure!RyanTDined on 1/12/2014Dining at Meritage is always a pleasurable experience, great food and great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DRINKS!!! GREAT FOOD!!!TheAppetizerDined on 1/11/2014Always like dining here. The staff is always friendly. The food is always good and the margaritas are huge.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable experienceEricDined on 1/10/2014We were a few minutes late for our reservation but they held our table. Food and drinks were excellent as was the service. There is a such comfortable environment at Meritage. The lighting, decor, music and staff really make this a pleasant place to dine at or for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outkateDined on 1/8/2014Great place to go for a delicious meal. Great service, never hurried. Specials were varied, food was served piping hot. Lovely ambience with candles and fireplace! Dinners always superb. Staff attentive but not overbearing. A wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food - on pointJRFCDined on 1/3/2014Enjoyed the food - on point and tasty with good service. Quiet ambiance, but could change with larger tables of people.Special Features:
- very good food and reasonabledjbhyDined on 12/23/2013very good food and reasonable prices. great risotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Having dined at Meritage manyRobHVIPDined on 12/14/2013Having dined at Meritage many times, I'm always impressed with the quality of the food and dining experience. This is a consistent restaurant that excels every time I go there.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Recently went to Meritage for a night out with my girlfriend. The experience couldn't have been much better. The service was great. The food great. Cajun Mussels as an app, entree's of duck and tuna, smores desert. Fun bottle of wine. Great setting for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast FoodNightoutDined on 11/30/2013Sat down at 7:15 and received the bill at 8:04. We were still eating our appetizer when our meals arrived. Good thing we sent my wife's meal back, because her being a vegan, they forgot to omit the cheese. So I got to finish my appetizer while my meal got cold.Special Features:
- OK....Not worth the driveRaRa77Dined on 11/23/2013Made the trip from Somerset - 40 minutes. It was an OK place. Nothing to write home about. Food was good, service was a little slow and the tables were really crammed together. I don't think I'd make the 40 minute drive to visit again.Special Features:
- Dinner at MeritageLuv2dineDined on 11/23/2013Three of us went to Meritage on Saturday evening. We requested a booth and it was ready for us when we arrived. The appetizers (lobster bisque and house salad) were fabulous. Our friend got the wedge with scallops and I got the authentic pizza-both very tasty. However my husband's meal, grouper, was undercooked (hard to cut) and when he sent it back to the kitchen for additional grilling, it was returned in a consistency similar to rubber. Hence, he was hungry when we left the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good foodwmoscVIPDined on 11/22/2013Always consistent. The menu is varied for any diner. Vibrant bar atmosphere but quiet atmosphere for table diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas NightMoveMe2VIPDined on 11/11/2013Mondays are Tapas night. Buy a Sangria or Margarita and get a free tapas . Went there with 4 people, had 2 rounds of drinks and 8 tapas plates. Bill was $80.00 and we left full! Great deal . Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsLori2Dined on 10/25/2013We haved dined here several times in the past year. Always great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DelightFoodloverDined on 10/7/2013Enjoyed my birthday dinner at this lovely, quiet restaurant. I had wanted to come to Meritage for quite a while and enjoyed a wonderful meal. Service was excellent and prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in the AreaTriton24VIPDined on 9/26/2013We have been dining in this area for years. Meritage has become our go to place. Whether it is the best Roasted Cod ever, Lobster Cardinale the Special Risotto or a pizza and nachos this Restaurant delivers. The Service, the food, and the way they promptly honor Reservations even with the requested table, Meritage always delivers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningdubeaugirlsDined on 9/24/2013The food was excellent & they gave you decent portions. They have some great specials & don't forget to indulge in their delicious desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went restaurant week greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2013Went restaurant week great selection and the food was great. They have me as a new customerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for a nice evening!restaurantGMDined on 9/1/2013Upon arriving, I was greeted by a friendly, accommodating hostess who brought us over to the special table I requested. Mary, our server, was wonderful. The food runners and bussers were very professional and efficient! Calamari was crispy and tender and my girl, a lobster bisque "snob", was impressed with the sherry rich bisque. We then a split a large Caesar salad bountiful with crisp Romaine and ample crispy croutons. Splitting a perfectly cooked Kabob Trio loaded with large shrimp, tender scallops and beef tenderloin (rice was tasty too!), allowed us room to enjoy to have a PB & C for dessert. Rich, dense chocolate ganache with chocolate cake a peanut butter mousse was more than enough for two as we brought half home for our son! GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid performerriguyDined on 8/25/2013Delightful décor, nicely laid out with a relatively quiet atmosphere despite its size. Wait staff friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. Somewhat limited menu but artfully presented. Special were inventive. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my third time diningsatnightersDined on 8/24/2013This was my third time dining here. Each time the service has been excellent, the food was very, very good, and the atmosphere is nice.Special Features:
- UnhappySaddenedDined on 8/2/2013We have been fans of Meritage for a long time. I am sad to say that this last visit was very disappointing. My son ordered the special. He received a piece of fish and about ten beans. That was it, no side, no bread, nothing. The server, who only told us the specials when we asked, never asked if he wanted anything else, never explained that the whole entrée would only be that sad little piece of fish. We would have asked the waitress about this but she never came back to the table until we had all finished our meals and the plates had been cleared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013Our dinner at Meritage was wonderful as usual. Our server was friendly and attentive. The menu satisfied all diners and provided us with nicely varied choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeroilcanDined on 7/28/2013None of my party of four had been to Meritage, but after dining there - when each of us had a different entrée - each vowed to return. The salads were cold, crisp, and displayed a broad selection of greens - no iceberg to be found! The main courses were all presented at the same time and hot. Service was prompt, attentive and not overbearing when announcing the specials of the evening. The building and décor in the dining area was quiet, intimate yet table spacing was generous - a good place to converse. The wine selection was extensive and although well priced we opted for mixed drinks that were tall and cold (not jammed with ice).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantditdotDined on 7/28/2013I've always loved Meritage. It is a great place for Happy Hour apps and drinks, a special occasion, a quiet dinner...whatever you have in mind. The food is delicious and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great time!!!luv2eatoutDined on 7/20/2013Another great meal with our friends...the staff are friendly and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good and the bardinerDined on 7/20/2013Food was good and the bar area was appealing but the room we sat in was stark. We sat in the middle of the room. It was a bit odd. We would good back for dinner but sit at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Meritage duringRocksanneDined on 7/19/2013We went to Meritage during restaurant week. Everything was delicious , and service was very good.Special Features:
- always enjoyable night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2013always enjoyable night out at Meritage. It's has a relaxed atmosphere, fun for date night and girl's night out!Special Features:
- Meritagecmn06cDined on 7/16/2013We had a reservation for 7:30 and were not sat until 8pm. The server was not friendly at all and it took about 15mins for our first drink to arrive. The food was just OK, lacking flavor.
- Restaurant weekKarloDined on 7/11/2013This is our go to special occasion restaurant. We saw it listed on the restaurant week venue and were amazed at the number of entrée choices. Most other restaurants had three or four at the most. As always the food was great, staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go back again and againuoprincessDined on 7/8/2013Great pizza, red sangria, seafood cardinale, dessert pizza, s'mores pie. Great for GNO. If you ever have a chance for the private wine dinner jump on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.