Meritage - Warwick
5454 Old Post Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Meritage - Warwick
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meritageri.com/
- Phone: (401) 884-1255
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 2 pm to 9 pm
Monday - Tue 4:30 pm to 10 pm
Wed, Thu and Sat 4:30 pm to 11pm
Friday 4pm to 11pm
Bar stays open till between 12 and 1am but earlier on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andy Norman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Meritage - Warwick
This casual yet elegant restaurant features eclectic new-American cuisine and a carefully chosen wine list that includes twenty wines by the glass and many more by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Meritage - Warwick - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
Meritage - Warwick reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (35)neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (24)romantic (20)hot spot (15)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014My first time but won't be my last. The place is filled with friendly staff, very nice menu and wonderful service. A Relaxed atmosphere. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise in EGBruinsRuleVIPDined on 7/5/2014Went to meet friends in East Greenwich and wanted a casual restaurant before heading out to see a band. Meritage exceeded expectations. In addition to the regular menu and nightly specials, they were offering a restaurant week menu of three courses for $29 ($5 upgrade to Filet or Rack of Lamb). Calamari was crispy and tender. Grilled littlenecks and buffalo chicken skewers got good reviews. NY Sirloin with lobster tarragon butter was very good. Rack of Lamb also got a good review. Banana cream pie and 'Smores were bruleed at the table, which was a nice show. Margaritas and Sangrias were huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatDAVEVIPDined on 6/22/2014This is a great spot for if you have the munchies or looking for a great dinner. If you like Margaritas this the place to go. Food is always greet and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome experiencegoodeatsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Hadn't been to Meritage in a while, but wow, we will be going back soon. Southwest risotto special, and orange ginger salmon were awesome, friendly service, and a complimentary bday dessert, who could ask for anything else? Nice job and thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014we will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- A favoriteJaba114Dined on 6/15/2014Went to Meditate for fathers day. Dad really enjoyed his ribeye, rare of course, I loved the mushroom risotto special with 8 ounces of filet, and my wife enjoyed her salmon. The service was excellent and the atmosphere there is always great. The dinner capped off a wonderful fathers day. If there is a downside its the the portions were on the small side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentnewenlandfoodiesVIPDined on 6/14/2014We are frequent diners at Meritage . The menu is somewhat limited but the choices are interesting. Staff is very cordial and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014It was a very nice meal-- we will be going back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet MignonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Most of our table was satisfied with their meal. My Filet however was overcooked and drySpecial Features:
- MARGARITA MONDAYSwribitVIPDined on 5/5/2014We went for cinco de mayo and too our surprise it was Margarita Mondays! A free mini tapas with the purchase of a margarita or sangria. Meritage has the best margaritas. Nice and big and great flavors. The food is good. The service was a bit slow but I like slow. Hate to have food serviced so fast that you don't have time to enjoy it. My food was cold, which i hate! With out a doubt will be back for Margarita Mondays again!Special Features:
- Always A Great ChoiceJimmyVDined on 4/28/2014I have been to Meritage on a number of occasions. The food is always excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Always a favorite!GradpartyDined on 4/11/2014Consistantly great all around! Meritage is our favorite local restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood dining placeTinkerbellVIPDined on 3/23/2014Whether you stop by for appetizers or dinner you won't be disappointed. Enjoy the Nachos for the table...it's HUGE & really good. Don't miss the luscious lamb lollipops. The pizzas are terrific. The servers are accommodating & very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Google Search50BirthdayDinerDined on 3/22/2014We arrived at 5:30 and the bar was FULL... Happy Hour! We were seated in the dining room and there were only a few tables occupied. Perfect table is the table right under the wall wine display in the dining room! It was cozy and we were not on top of other tables. We were there 3 1/2 hrs. We slowed our dining experience down and tipped accordingly as the waitress would have had another party if we dined quicker. Dressed in nice dark jeans with a cute shirt - guys dressed the same. Others were a little dressier, however a table right next to ours had men with hoodies on. Will definitely return. The PATRON MARGARITA was awesome and the size of the glass was HUGE! Friends loved the peanut butter dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite local go todootnailDined on 3/14/2014We always choose Meritage for our ladies night out!!! Great service & Food!!! Always good energy!!! Great cocktails!!!!! They never rush you. They have the best thin crust pizza!!!!! We always order at least 2!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time. We weremh374Dined on 3/7/2014We had a great time. We were celebrating my 40th birthday and we went with friends. I did make a reservation for 7pm and requested a table in the lounge. We did have to wait for a table but other than that everything was delicious. Our waiter was wonderful and we had a great night with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dinnerKGuilmetteDined on 2/28/2014Would defiantly go back, food and service were great!Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Always pleased at Meritage. The antipasto was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Satisfied First Time DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/8/2014Excellent food, excellent service, at very reasonable prices means that these first time diners look forward to returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated in main dining room.heysailorDined on 2/8/2014Seated in main dining room. Food was above average but tables filled in and noise level was very high; unable to conduct a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can always depend on outstandinMariaDined on 2/1/2014You can always depend on outstanding service and great food, warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- A Gem!kateDined on 1/28/2014Birthday dinner was fantastic - food, service, everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Restaurant is wonderfulmarkyp32Dined on 1/20/2014The Restaurant is wonderful but some tables for 2 were too close together and that's what we were offered when we walked in "With Reservations". They graciously offered us a nice corner table upon request which was great. We ordered from the "Restaurant Week Menu" and the selections were diverse . The Calamari and the Stuffed Pepper appetizers were awesome and I ordered the Penne Jambalaya Entree and my Girlfriend ordered the Grilled Sirloin Steak W/Lobster Tarragon Butter and both were excellent ! For dessert we ordered the NY Cheesecake and the P B and C Torte which were both outstanding. The Special should have included at least 1 alcoholic beverage per person or at the very least, a cup of coffee served with dessert.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2014Great food, quick service and great wine selection. The orange ginger salmon is amazing.Special Features:
- Nice ambience, excellent waitluvriDined on 1/15/2014Nice ambience, excellent wait staff and dinner was exceptional. Went during restaurant week and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and quantity. I had the scallops as an appetizer and my husband had the calamari - both were generous and delicious. We both had the sirlion which was outstanding. Cooked perfectly, tender and flavorful. Dessert was decadent. A desssert martini and cheese cake with fresh fruit. Will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Pleasure!RyanTDined on 1/12/2014Dining at Meritage is always a pleasurable experience, great food and great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DRINKS!!! GREAT FOOD!!!TheAppetizerDined on 1/11/2014Always like dining here. The staff is always friendly. The food is always good and the margaritas are huge.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable experienceEricDined on 1/10/2014We were a few minutes late for our reservation but they held our table. Food and drinks were excellent as was the service. There is a such comfortable environment at Meritage. The lighting, decor, music and staff really make this a pleasant place to dine at or for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outkateDined on 1/8/2014Great place to go for a delicious meal. Great service, never hurried. Specials were varied, food was served piping hot. Lovely ambience with candles and fireplace! Dinners always superb. Staff attentive but not overbearing. A wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food - on pointJRFCDined on 1/3/2014Enjoyed the food - on point and tasty with good service. Quiet ambiance, but could change with larger tables of people.Special Features:
- very good food and reasonabledjbhyDined on 12/23/2013very good food and reasonable prices. great risotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Having dined at Meritage manyRobHVIPDined on 12/14/2013Having dined at Meritage many times, I'm always impressed with the quality of the food and dining experience. This is a consistent restaurant that excels every time I go there.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Recently went to Meritage for a night out with my girlfriend. The experience couldn't have been much better. The service was great. The food great. Cajun Mussels as an app, entree's of duck and tuna, smores desert. Fun bottle of wine. Great setting for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast FoodNightoutDined on 11/30/2013Sat down at 7:15 and received the bill at 8:04. We were still eating our appetizer when our meals arrived. Good thing we sent my wife's meal back, because her being a vegan, they forgot to omit the cheese. So I got to finish my appetizer while my meal got cold.Special Features:
- OK....Not worth the driveRaRa77Dined on 11/23/2013Made the trip from Somerset - 40 minutes. It was an OK place. Nothing to write home about. Food was good, service was a little slow and the tables were really crammed together. I don't think I'd make the 40 minute drive to visit again.Special Features:
- Dinner at MeritageLuv2dineDined on 11/23/2013Three of us went to Meritage on Saturday evening. We requested a booth and it was ready for us when we arrived. The appetizers (lobster bisque and house salad) were fabulous. Our friend got the wedge with scallops and I got the authentic pizza-both very tasty. However my husband's meal, grouper, was undercooked (hard to cut) and when he sent it back to the kitchen for additional grilling, it was returned in a consistency similar to rubber. Hence, he was hungry when we left the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good foodwmoscVIPDined on 11/22/2013Always consistent. The menu is varied for any diner. Vibrant bar atmosphere but quiet atmosphere for table diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas NightMoveMe2VIPDined on 11/11/2013Mondays are Tapas night. Buy a Sangria or Margarita and get a free tapas . Went there with 4 people, had 2 rounds of drinks and 8 tapas plates. Bill was $80.00 and we left full! Great deal . Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsLori2Dined on 10/25/2013We haved dined here several times in the past year. Always great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DelightFoodloverDined on 10/7/2013Enjoyed my birthday dinner at this lovely, quiet restaurant. I had wanted to come to Meritage for quite a while and enjoyed a wonderful meal. Service was excellent and prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.