Meritage - Warwick
5454 Old Post Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Meritage - Warwick
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meritageri.com/
- Phone: (401) 884-1255
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 2 pm to 9 pm
Monday - Tue 4:30 pm to 10 pm
Wed, Thu and Sat 4:30 pm to 11pm
Friday 4pm to 11pm
Bar stays open till between 12 and 1am but earlier on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andy Norman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Meritage - Warwick
This casual yet elegant restaurant features eclectic new-American cuisine and a carefully chosen wine list that includes twenty wines by the glass and many more by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Meritage - Warwick - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
Meritage - Warwick reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (34)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (23)romantic (19)hot spot (14)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Amazing SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014The food is always great at Meritage, but the specials this weekend were outstanding. The trio of filet and risotto with scallops were unbelievable, and the service was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014My husband and I enjoyed a great dinner at Meritage. The food was excellent and the service was professional and at a good pace. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas NightMoveMe2VIPDined on 11/10/2014Had the Red Sangria with one free nacho tapas. Split the Pork Chop special, very good . Pork had a sweet demi glaze which complimented the chop very well. Had the dessert pizza to finish off a wonderful night. The combination of the mascarpone cheese with the sweet blueberries and bananas are wonderful. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLaceMannDined on 11/10/2014Very good food and a large selection. Big rooms and a lot of people. If your looking for quiet, go somewhere else. Service was a little slow at the beginning however, once the drinks came, all fell into place quickly. I will suggest to friends and associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our new favorites!Tojenny14Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant is a must try! My husband and I chose this place to celebrate our 11th anniversary and were pleased that we were able to reserve a table for two online. We arrived a bit early (wanting to have a drink at the bar beforehand) and were please to find that our table was ready for us. And, when we informed them that we wished to have a drink first, they HELD THE TABLE FOR US!! Not only that but upon learning that it was our anniversary and first time there, they gave us our first round of drinks free! Food and service are top notch and the ambiance is very inviting and soothing. Noise level was good and my husband and I were able to converse. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Nice Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I have driven by here many times and never realized this was a restaurant, until I saw it favorably reviewed online. We brought my mother here for dinner on her birthday. The menu had many choices for meat and non-meat eaters. I can recommend the fish tacos and the tuna entree. When I made the reservation online, I asked if they could do something for her birthday, but I didn't know if they even read those comments. They do! After the delicious meal, they said her dessert was on the house, and they brought it out with a lit candle. Then we took home some leftovers, and they were very carefully packaged in the kitchen - not like those places that give you a box and you have to do it yourself. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Try it and see for yourself.AlwaysomethingDined on 10/27/2014There seems to be different levels of service desired in dining. fFne dining and excellent service should go together. The menu and food prep and presentation are outstanding, the service was okay.Special Features:
- ChuckDined on 10/18/2014A little too noisy in the dining room. The bar is gargantuan, energetic and totally eclipses the dining room. Food seems to have been very good. Drinks are huge. This is a bar with a dining room appendage. It would be great if they could have a quieter place for some of their customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully delicious !!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014It was an anniversary celebration ,and Meritage & staff did a fantastic job !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!HoneymoonDined on 10/12/2014We go to Chardonnays all of the time and wanted to check out its sister. Same menu, would have liked to see a diff menu but we loved the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprisePiggy638Dined on 10/8/2014Food was excellent. All 3 in out party raved about out dinners. Our waitress was also very good. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic placefreakyfishfoodieDined on 10/5/2014The atmosphere was peaceful and cozy. The drink options were pretty extensive and the food although expensive was divine! I had the pork medallions with the port sauce and a half order of the risotto of the day which was mushroom and loved every bite. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening !Healthyeater2Dined on 9/26/2014I met 3 friend for dinner & As a local for some reason I haven't been there in years. I think because of location it's not in a populated area & i just never think about it however food & service was excellent & I would absolutely go back again. At the end of the evening we sat drinking water while still chatting practically closing the place & no one was rushing us out which was nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveTwoLsDined on 9/25/2014Meritage is usually our special occasion place but when we saw East Greenwich Restaurant Week we thought we'd give it a try. We were impressed at the selection and portion size! Very happy that they participated in Restaurant Week and served the same great food.Special Features:
- Reservations re: Open TableSoWhatDined on 9/19/2014Open table - you confirmed my reservation to me for the correct time date and number of people To the restaurant - you assigned a different time ( one hour later) Could have been very unpleasant. After reviewing the confirmation email you sent to me, the manager was very gracious to find a table for us. We were thrilled with the restaurant - not so much faith in Open Table however. This is not the first time Open Table has screwed up timing and or date on reservations I have made through Open Table.Special Features:
- Liquid dessertkernsyDined on 9/19/2014We went for EG restaurant week. Meritage has more choices than any other participating restaurant. Our meals were excellent and the fact there is liquid dessert is a real draw for us.Special Features:
- First Visit Was GreatMariatiniVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had a great first experience at Meritage. We were seated at our reservation time. Our server was terrific - friendly, knowledgable, and attentive without hovering. All three of us loved our meals. Wedge salad was great, as were the chicken meatballs appetizer. Nice wine list. Prices and portions were reasonable. We'll definitely be back! Recommended restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014Great food and excellent service!!! Looking forward to going back again!Special Features:
- Quiet evening with friendsscw981Dined on 9/2/2014Our overseas friends were staying in the East Greenwich area. This was a perfect place to meet, quiet and ambience perfect. We all enjoyed our meals and had plenty of quiet time to talk.Special Features:
- Very Good MenuKenBDined on 9/2/2014The tuesday nite $22 special, appetizer, salad and entree was great. usually those deals have very basic and limited menu choices at other restaurants but this was very diverse. food was great and you can't beat their dessert pizza which is plenty for the whole table. Likes that you could go their for apps and drinks, pizza and salad or a full dinner. Nicely done!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentnewenlandfoodiesVIPDined on 8/30/2014Meritage always delivers ! The menu selections are topped only by the nightly specials. We are frequent diners at meritage and each time we are surprised by the intriguing special offerings. What was not a surprise was the service. Our every need was attended to with speed and efficiency .Special Features:
- jadamanDined on 8/16/2014Frequent diner, service and food are always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentSketDined on 8/15/2014Everything from the food to the service was outstanding. I will absolutely be going back there in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in East GreenwichgoodeatsVIPDined on 8/1/2014Meritage Restaurant never disappoints. Always great food and service in a fun atmosphere.We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!LynSpin9Dined on 7/31/2014As always, the experience was awesome! Wonderful specials, great wine list, superlative service! Love having dinner here and would recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Bother - Waste of MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/29/2014DON'T bother to go to Meritage. I cringe every time someone wants to go; the food is AWFUL. "Bulkie Roll" is something I have never seen, old and dry. Chicken was dry, mayo/ tomato didn't even help. Someone ordered a burger med-well, came out raw, sent back, came back too overdone! NEVER had anything good here. Huge margarita glass filled with that or sangria, obviously they drink these huge things so they can't taste the terrible food! So dark inside you can't tell what's in front of you, then you eat it and you really are depressed. Waitress was OK, she was embarrassed, rightfully so, kid helping her was useless. Maybe the chef/owner/staff should eat that horrible food. They NEED Gordon Ramsey! NEVER AGAIN WILL I WASTE MY MONEY!
- The following 306 reviews are from the Meritage - Warwick reviews archive.
- dinewithyouDined on 7/28/2014Great value specially on a Mon nite service was excellent Nice ambienceSpecial Features:
- Great as Usualcatcity2Dined on 7/26/2014Love Meritage, went for Restaurant Week and the choices were great and a lot of them. Food is excellent, been going for over quite awhile and I have NEVER had a bad meal!!!!Special Features:
- MeritagebhockeyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Not as impressive as I was expecting. Twice I asked for a bowl to place my empty shells, and I never got it. The food was okay, nothing great. The best we had was the shared pizza.
- One of my favorites!Dawna44Dined on 7/25/2014A great menu, vibrant bar scene and wonderful daily specials! It's a great half way spot for my husband and I to meet friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noticeable DifferenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014This was my first time back to Meritage in a few years. I must say...it was exceptional. The specials were great and the service was wonderful. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE Meritage!nmg1007Dined on 7/19/2014We've enjoyed dining here for many years but upon a recent visit realized it was Restaurant Week in East Greenwich. We were so impressed with their extensive Restaurant Week menu, rather than the few skimpy selections most restaurants offer, that our party of 4 became a party of 6 the following week! Their meals are always thoughtfully prepared with beautiful presentation. While we've always enjoyed great service, the past 2 weeks we've been especially pleased with our waiter, Kao! Great job everyone - we'll be back often!Special Features:
- MerryMerryVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a delicious dinner at Meritage. I had the Lobster Cardinale, wedge salad and smore's ice cream pie. Fantastic! We have been to Meritage a few times during the year and have not had a bad meal. Would definitely recommend. We went early 7pm but it started filling up after that. Reservations recommendedSpecial Features:
- Yummy!DessyDined on 7/18/2014Great selection of entrees for restaurant week. Great drinks. everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining!ChrisVIPDined on 7/13/2014Always consistently excellent Fresh salads, Juicy entrees Dessert choices are definitely the very best in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionMeritageDined on 7/12/2014We went to celebrate an anniversary and an added plus it was restaurant week. Most restaurants give you 3 or 4 choices at most. Here, there were at least 8 entrees to choose from and then specials. The speciality drinks (Sangira) come in BIG glasses... not for the fear of heart. Appetizer (Calamari) was enough for 4 people to eat from. The entrees were well prepared and just enough portions. The desserts, well lets just say you would love to try them all. Good portions and well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodNancy8HereDined on 7/12/2014This is one of those restaurants where the food, service and atmosphere are always good. Can't go wrong with Meritage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAlexDined on 7/12/2014As always meritage did not disappoint. The food, service, and atmosphere were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceExcellentVIPDined on 7/8/2014We visited Meritage during restaurant week and we extremely pleased with the choice of menu and the outstanding service. Food was great and the service was even better. A must visit to anyone that has not visited in a while.Special Features:
- DinnerloveyDined on 7/7/2014Our apps were delicious. The only one not up to par were littlenecks, bland and tasted raw. Chicken satay was very good. Entre cod, excellent, sirloin, very tasty and all was hot. Desert very good. BANANA CREAM PIE, SMORES PIE, AND PEANUT BUTTER chocolate mousse cake. All in all, we enjoyed the dinner and the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.