Meritage - Warwick
5454 Old Post Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Meritage - Warwick
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meritageri.com/
- Phone: 4018841255
- Hours of Operation:
Friday at 4pm
All other days at 4:30 pm
Kitchen stops serving at 10pm Sunday through Tuesday and 11pm Wednesday through Saturday.
Bar stays open till between 12 and 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andy Norman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Meritage - Warwick
This casual yet elegant restaurant features eclectic new-American cuisine and a carefully chosen wine list that includes twenty wines by the glass and many more by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Meritage - Warwick - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
Meritage - Warwick reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (34)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (26)special occasion (25)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (20)hot spot (15)notable wine list (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- jadamanDined on 8/16/2014Frequent diner, service and food are always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentSketDined on 8/15/2014Everything from the food to the service was outstanding. I will absolutely be going back there in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in East GreenwichgoodeatsVIPDined on 8/1/2014Meritage Restaurant never disappoints. Always great food and service in a fun atmosphere.We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!LynSpin9Dined on 7/31/2014As always, the experience was awesome! Wonderful specials, great wine list, superlative service! Love having dinner here and would recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Bother - Waste of MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/29/2014DON'T bother to go to Meritage. I cringe every time someone wants to go; the food is AWFUL. "Bulkie Roll" is something I have never seen, old and dry. Chicken was dry, mayo/ tomato didn't even help. Someone ordered a burger med-well, came out raw, sent back, came back too overdone! NEVER had anything good here. Huge margarita glass filled with that or sangria, obviously they drink these huge things so they can't taste the terrible food! So dark inside you can't tell what's in front of you, then you eat it and you really are depressed. Waitress was OK, she was embarrassed, rightfully so, kid helping her was useless. Maybe the chef/owner/staff should eat that horrible food. They NEED Gordon Ramsey! NEVER AGAIN WILL I WASTE MY MONEY!
- dinewithyouDined on 7/28/2014Great value specially on a Mon nite service was excellent Nice ambienceSpecial Features:
- Great as Usualcatcity2Dined on 7/26/2014Love Meritage, went for Restaurant Week and the choices were great and a lot of them. Food is excellent, been going for over quite awhile and I have NEVER had a bad meal!!!!Special Features:
- MeritagebhockeyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Not as impressive as I was expecting. Twice I asked for a bowl to place my empty shells, and I never got it. The food was okay, nothing great. The best we had was the shared pizza.
- One of my favorites!Dawna44Dined on 7/25/2014A great menu, vibrant bar scene and wonderful daily specials! It's a great half way spot for my husband and I to meet friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noticeable DifferenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014This was my first time back to Meritage in a few years. I must say...it was exceptional. The specials were great and the service was wonderful. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE Meritage!nmg1007Dined on 7/19/2014We've enjoyed dining here for many years but upon a recent visit realized it was Restaurant Week in East Greenwich. We were so impressed with their extensive Restaurant Week menu, rather than the few skimpy selections most restaurants offer, that our party of 4 became a party of 6 the following week! Their meals are always thoughtfully prepared with beautiful presentation. While we've always enjoyed great service, the past 2 weeks we've been especially pleased with our waiter, Kao! Great job everyone - we'll be back often!Special Features:
- MerryMerryVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a delicious dinner at Meritage. I had the Lobster Cardinale, wedge salad and smore's ice cream pie. Fantastic! We have been to Meritage a few times during the year and have not had a bad meal. Would definitely recommend. We went early 7pm but it started filling up after that. Reservations recommendedSpecial Features:
- Yummy!DessyDined on 7/18/2014Great selection of entrees for restaurant week. Great drinks. everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining!ChrisVIPDined on 7/13/2014Always consistently excellent Fresh salads, Juicy entrees Dessert choices are definitely the very best in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionMeritageDined on 7/12/2014We went to celebrate an anniversary and an added plus it was restaurant week. Most restaurants give you 3 or 4 choices at most. Here, there were at least 8 entrees to choose from and then specials. The speciality drinks (Sangira) come in BIG glasses... not for the fear of heart. Appetizer (Calamari) was enough for 4 people to eat from. The entrees were well prepared and just enough portions. The desserts, well lets just say you would love to try them all. Good portions and well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAlexDined on 7/12/2014As always meritage did not disappoint. The food, service, and atmosphere were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceExcellentVIPDined on 7/8/2014We visited Meritage during restaurant week and we extremely pleased with the choice of menu and the outstanding service. Food was great and the service was even better. A must visit to anyone that has not visited in a while.Special Features:
- DinnerloveyDined on 7/7/2014Our apps were delicious. The only one not up to par were littlenecks, bland and tasted raw. Chicken satay was very good. Entre cod, excellent, sirloin, very tasty and all was hot. Desert very good. BANANA CREAM PIE, SMORES PIE, AND PEANUT BUTTER chocolate mousse cake. All in all, we enjoyed the dinner and the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014My first time but won't be my last. The place is filled with friendly staff, very nice menu and wonderful service. A Relaxed atmosphere. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise in EGBruinsRuleVIPDined on 7/5/2014Went to meet friends in East Greenwich and wanted a casual restaurant before heading out to see a band. Meritage exceeded expectations. In addition to the regular menu and nightly specials, they were offering a restaurant week menu of three courses for $29 ($5 upgrade to Filet or Rack of Lamb). Calamari was crispy and tender. Grilled littlenecks and buffalo chicken skewers got good reviews. NY Sirloin with lobster tarragon butter was very good. Rack of Lamb also got a good review. Banana cream pie and 'Smores were bruleed at the table, which was a nice show. Margaritas and Sangrias were huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatDAVEDined on 6/22/2014This is a great spot for if you have the munchies or looking for a great dinner. If you like Margaritas this the place to go. Food is always greet and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Awesome experiencegoodeatsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Hadn't been to Meritage in a while, but wow, we will be going back soon. Southwest risotto special, and orange ginger salmon were awesome, friendly service, and a complimentary bday dessert, who could ask for anything else? Nice job and thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014we will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- A favoriteJaba114Dined on 6/15/2014Went to Meditate for fathers day. Dad really enjoyed his ribeye, rare of course, I loved the mushroom risotto special with 8 ounces of filet, and my wife enjoyed her salmon. The service was excellent and the atmosphere there is always great. The dinner capped off a wonderful fathers day. If there is a downside its the the portions were on the small side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentnewenlandfoodiesDined on 6/14/2014We are frequent diners at Meritage . The menu is somewhat limited but the choices are interesting. Staff is very cordial and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014It was a very nice meal-- we will be going back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet MignonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Most of our table was satisfied with their meal. My Filet however was overcooked and drySpecial Features:
- MARGARITA MONDAYSwribitVIPDined on 5/5/2014We went for cinco de mayo and too our surprise it was Margarita Mondays! A free mini tapas with the purchase of a margarita or sangria. Meritage has the best margaritas. Nice and big and great flavors. The food is good. The service was a bit slow but I like slow. Hate to have food serviced so fast that you don't have time to enjoy it. My food was cold, which i hate! With out a doubt will be back for Margarita Mondays again!Special Features:
- Always A Great ChoiceJimmyVDined on 4/28/2014I have been to Meritage on a number of occasions. The food is always excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The following 281 reviews are from the Meritage - Warwick reviews archive.
- Always a favorite!GradpartyDined on 4/11/2014Consistantly great all around! Meritage is our favorite local restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood dining placeTinkerbellVIPDined on 3/23/2014Whether you stop by for appetizers or dinner you won't be disappointed. Enjoy the Nachos for the table...it's HUGE & really good. Don't miss the luscious lamb lollipops. The pizzas are terrific. The servers are accommodating & very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Google Search50BirthdayDinerDined on 3/22/2014We arrived at 5:30 and the bar was FULL... Happy Hour! We were seated in the dining room and there were only a few tables occupied. Perfect table is the table right under the wall wine display in the dining room! It was cozy and we were not on top of other tables. We were there 3 1/2 hrs. We slowed our dining experience down and tipped accordingly as the waitress would have had another party if we dined quicker. Dressed in nice dark jeans with a cute shirt - guys dressed the same. Others were a little dressier, however a table right next to ours had men with hoodies on. Will definitely return. The PATRON MARGARITA was awesome and the size of the glass was HUGE! Friends loved the peanut butter dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite local go todootnailDined on 3/14/2014We always choose Meritage for our ladies night out!!! Great service & Food!!! Always good energy!!! Great cocktails!!!!! They never rush you. They have the best thin crust pizza!!!!! We always order at least 2!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time. We weremh374Dined on 3/7/2014We had a great time. We were celebrating my 40th birthday and we went with friends. I did make a reservation for 7pm and requested a table in the lounge. We did have to wait for a table but other than that everything was delicious. Our waiter was wonderful and we had a great night with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dinnerKGuilmetteDined on 2/28/2014Would defiantly go back, food and service were great!Special Features:
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Always pleased at Meritage. The antipasto was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Satisfied First Time DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/8/2014Excellent food, excellent service, at very reasonable prices means that these first time diners look forward to returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seated in main dining room.heysailorDined on 2/8/2014Seated in main dining room. Food was above average but tables filled in and noise level was very high; unable to conduct a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can always depend on outstandinMariaDined on 2/1/2014You can always depend on outstanding service and great food, warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- A Gem!kateDined on 1/28/2014Birthday dinner was fantastic - food, service, everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.