Meritage Steakhouse @ JW Marriott Desert Ridge
5350 East Marriott Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85054Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Meritage Steakhouse @ JW Marriott Desert Ridge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jwdesertridgeresort.com/
- Phone: 4802933939x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joseph Graffeo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer private accommodations with customizable menus. For private dining options and parties please contact Ashley DiDea at (480)293-3976.
- Special Events: We offer private accommodations with customizable menus. Meritage Steakhouse offers a semi-private dining area with accommodations for up to 60 people. For private dining options and parties please contact Ashley DiDea at (480)293-3976.
A word from Meritage Steakhouse @ JW Marriott Desert Ridge
The perfect marriage of fine wine and fine aged steaks. The menu also features chicken, seafood and a selection of signature side dishes; An impressive selection of wines by the glass, half and full bottles encourage diners to sample from the steakhouse's fine wine cellar. The restaurant offers intimate indoor and outdoor dining and a welcoming fire pit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meritage Steakhouse @ JW Marriott Desert Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)notable wine list (18)romantic (17)fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (8)scenic view (6)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Great food & service! Staff very attentive... Sat outside on patio with our group by firepit with a beautiful Veiw of the night ski filled with stars!! Menu offers many tasty & unique options both grown & raised locally.. Will continue to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was GreatCouldBBetterDined on 9/11/2014Our server came to our table She had no personality whatsoever And made no recommendations. She mentioned nothing about specials, food etc. never asked if we dined there before. Nothing We overheard the chef speaking with the table next to us and he was making recommendations talking about the menu etc. anyhow my steak was phenomenal The chef did come over after our meal and spoke with us. Bought us dessert which we were too stuffed to enjoy the banana pie. Chef Rich you do a great job we will be back. If rather sit at the bar next time at least he had a great personalitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We had Jerome as our waiter he always gives such great service! We really enjoyed the beef cheeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal, Hotel frustrationEmilyVIPDined on 8/23/2014We recently had an anniversary dinner with our daughter. We both ordered filets and while they were tender and delicious, both were slightly undercooked (I would rather a little under instead of a little over). Still incredibly tasty though! Our server took amazing care of all three of us- including special mini root beer floats in addition to a complimentary dessert for our special occasion. My daughter loved the "furry" chairs as well- made for a unique touch to the space. The only frustration we had was with the hotel- we thought we had a package that included all kids meals, but apparently this restaurant was excluded. That was NOT made clear by the hotel, but is not really the fault of the restaurant. Still a great meal overall!Special Features:
- Great serviceMssybrittyVIPDined on 8/12/2014Been here before. We have always had great service & the food is always good. We had a travel Zoo coupon & it was a great dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD AND OUTSTANDING SERVICExnycopVIPDined on 8/9/2014We started with a glass of Sangria which was the best I ever had. The wine and drink list is given to you in an iPad. Their selection is very good and includes some reasonably priced "bargain" wines. The food was outstanding. I had the Teres Major, which is a cut of beef I had never seen before. It was excellent as were the accompaniments. Service was attentive and not intrusive. Great restaurant attached to a hotel and golf course. The restaurant manager, Mark, was very knowledgeable and checked with us several times to make sure all was good. It was much better than good.Special Features:
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014The food was outstanding, especially the server's recommendation of the Elk loin. The combinations of sides with the main dishes were well chosen and the complimentary banana cream pie alone was a dish we'd go back for. Our server was very attentive as was the rest of the staff and our tag along 2 month old baby was welcomed openly. We will be going back the next chance we get and will be referring to friends and family.Special Features:
- Burnt steakEats1Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I have dined here a couple times before. Decided to go back for our anniversary. The steaks were terrible. I order my steak medium. It came out medium in the center but the entire outside of the steak was burnt. The server said it was charred but I couldn't even cut into it. The taste was burnt I couldn't taste the steak. I ordered the prime strip. Why would you burn the outside? I will not visit again. We left the restaurant within 35 minutes. Pushed dinner to the side and asked for our check. Told the server it was terrible she didn't care. Offered us dessert. No thanks. Didn't eat dinner yet.
- Top notchCmaioDined on 8/7/2014We visited while on a trip to Phoenix and really enjoyed the visit. Everything was top notch and the service was outstanding. We arrived 20 minutes early and were seated immediately, the waiter was very accommodating as was the rest of the staff. The prime rib was excellent as well as the salad nd sides. We were served a root beer float as a complimentary Marriott desert token with our desert order. Would highly recommend and will return when we are back in town.Special Features:
- Meh...MikeDined on 8/6/2014There are a ton of fantastic steak places in Phoenix--and, unfortunately, this isn't one of them. Our service was quite good--but the food was very average. Prices here are on par with the great steak places in town (Mastro's, City Hall, Ocean Club etc)--but the quality is maybe 50%. If you happen to be staying at the Marriott (where Meritage is located), its convenient, if not memorable.
- Good service, sub par foodSconiDined on 8/2/2014The service was great but the food was a disappointment. I had the halibut while my boyfriend had a new york strip. The steak and fish had no seasoning. We paid $150 for our meal and left very unsatisfied with it. We have had better proteins for much less money.Special Features:
- Great Service Great FoodBradDined on 7/26/2014Troy, Joshua and Marco were great.Food and Service Excellent.Troy made our time at the restaurant a pleasure to be there. We meet Troy and Joshua on Friday night.I guess Joshua overheard that we were going to be at the pool the next day and he took apon himself to make sure we had a nice spot ready for us.Great touch.Troy was the Consummate professional behind the bar both nights we attended. During dinner which was for my 60th Birthday Marco was very Professional. I work for Marriott in NY for7 years and it's good to see they haven't lost their customer satisfaction one bit.We will be back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit to restaurantGo2celebrateDined on 7/19/2014Sever was very nice, efficient and knowledgable. Would ask for her on next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceinthedarkDined on 7/19/2014We love this place and have always been very happy with the food, ambiance and location when staying at thye JW Marriott Desert Ridge. However, on our most recent visit on Sat. July 19th our waiter/service was terrible. Didn't spend anytime with us. Never saw him. Our food served several minutes after all the tables around us had been served and these tables had all been seated several minutes after we had been seated. Food luke warm. This was terrible for the price and expectation of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marko is the waiter to seedinner42Dined on 7/10/2014Our service was excellent from the time we walked in until we walked out. What a difference night and day. Marko is the one that made it happen. He was very attentive without disturbing your space. the timing of the food was great. Marko's recommendations was great and i just cant say enough about how great everyone was. It truly was a night and day difference and we will be back.Special Features:
- Great local findCherDined on 7/3/2014Amazing food and great service in a rustic setting. Recommend shrimp appetizer and summer squash salad with best grilled chicken I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTobyVIPDined on 7/2/2014Started with the goat cheese and beet salad that had a great vinagrette and my wife had the bleu cheese wedge (both were great). I had the elk - medium rare, red meat awesomeness. My wife had a filet that was perfect. Our sides were the loaded baked potato and the creamed spinach. Wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 356 reviews are from the Meritage Steakhouse @ JW Marriott Desert Ridge reviews archive.
- NiceAnne22Dined on 6/21/2014Meal and service were very nice. I will say the rib eye looked rather odd and not as steaky tasting as a normal rib eye. Yet it was good. I am not dessert person but the banana cream pie was out of this world. Would go back just for that!Special Features:
- Great find!DesertdwellerDined on 6/21/2014Great food, nice ambience, beautiful decor, and good service. Overall a wonderful place to have a pleasant lunch where you can enjoy each other's company in a quiet setting while eating delicious food.Special Features:
- Special occassionPWallyVIPDined on 6/6/2014Very nice room, attentive service and great food. Steaks are on par with Ruth's Chris, and so is the price. But, for a special night, very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014food very good. service was excellent. drinks over priced but otherwise wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT EXPERIENCE, THE STAFFBOUNCER1Dined on 4/12/2014A GREAT EXPERIENCE, THE STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL WITH THE MENU AND FOOD WAS VERY VERY GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent service.JeffVIPDined on 4/10/2014Great food and excellent service. Toddler friendly for a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/30/2014This was our second visit to the Mertiage both times the food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great Great GreatJodefVIPDined on 3/26/2014My husband and I enjoyed a perfectly wonderful meal. Both steaks, his the strip and mine , a petite filet were prepared to our standards. The Mac and cheese was superb. Great waiter and atmosphere. I'm sorry we dinner book a reservation sooner during our stay because we would have gone again.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceIronklVIPDined on 3/21/2014Rude wait staff, drink order not made correctly, no apology. Food order was was demanded but not taken in a complete manner so some of our business guests were delivered soup salad etc with appetizers and not when the other diners were eating their soup, salad etc. very awkward delivery. Worst service we have ever had and this was an upscale restaraunt that we were entertaining business guests at. Embarrassing!
- Always attentive to our foodBobicatDined on 3/21/2014Always attentive to our food being prepared gluten and dairy free. Great service. Delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceGoodeatsDined on 3/2/2014Fabulous food and service !!! Could use more good whites by the glass!!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks were not cooked correctly...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/1/2014Steaks were not cooked correctly...overdone. Meat was tough at times and dry. Seafood tower was good as was the salmon and veggies. Manager handled the situation well, but we won't go back because of the food problems and the fact that we had a handicapped person with us and there was no valet (It was pouring outside!).
- Nice setting, but the steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/20/2014Nice setting, but the steaks were overcooked and dry. For the price it wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- For Golf ProsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2014Nothing special about this restaurant... Unless you are a golf enthusiast or on the PGA with deep pockets! Much much better diners in the Desert Ridge Locale. Skip this one!
- Lovely eveningDianaDined on 2/16/2014We had a relaxing experience dining outside. Our waiter Marco was wonderful and the food was very good. The steaks were cooked exactly as ordered. The small rib eye and strip were great. We shared the huge baked potato and Brussels sprouts. The banana cream pie was the perfect size for two. But personally is never had banana cream with OREO crust. I would prefer the old fashioned crust. But it was still quite tasty. Overall an enjoyable birthday dinner for my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meritage for Valentine's DaylnkcallaisDined on 2/14/2014Very nice place to spend a special evening with that special person in you life.Special Features:
- Valentine DinnercynkaraVIPDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed our meal at Meritage. My husband ordered the prime rib for us to share. It was just the right amount of red and was perfectly seasoned. We also shared the Brussels sprouts. They were scrumptious. I had a Ferrari Carano Sangiovese and my husband enjoyed a Justin Cabernet Sauvignon. My salad was perfectly dressed and very fresh. The only negative was that they tried to seat us at the worst table in the place at the beginning. In fact, every restaurant at JW Marriott Desert Ridge did that every night. Don't let them get away with it. You deserve an excellent spot. Our server, Jerome was outstanding. He was patient and attentive. Overall, it was a fantastic evening.Special Features:
- Average mealBobKDined on 2/13/2014The atmosphere was welcoming. But the food was average and over priced. The rib-eye steak had too much fat that spoiled the taste but the prime rib steak was a better cut. A decent wine list but again over priced for the quality. The chef came to our table and acknowledged the poor quality of steak but did not offer and consolation.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2014The steaks were outstanding. The coupon dinner special for 2 dinners, one appetizer, 2 sides and 2 desserts for $69.00 is a great bargain. The staff is very knowledgeable and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingJune021979Dined on 2/6/2014Service by our waiter and staff was exceptional. Prime rib was very good, rib eye steak average (should be better at $40.00 though) Still an enjoyable and relaxing dinner, no rush and peaceful...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable eveningHealthspeakerVIPDined on 2/5/2014We took a business associate out to dinner and Meritage made us look great. Attentive service, lots of menu choices, and, where we have been there before and enjoyed the food, seems like the quality and presentation has been kicked up a notch. Veggies almost outshined the steaks! We will be back when in the area. Thank you.Special Features:
- The best steak EVERHeathertravelDined on 1/30/2014The restaurant is first class. The service was excellent and all the meal was wonderful. The steak was exceptional. The reason it was so noisy was there was a large crowd due to the Phoenix Open. We will make a return visit!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedAnne22Dined on 1/26/2014Ate here about a year and half ago was not very impressed. Returned because we had a gift card and we were really impressed. Unlike the last time the service was excellent and food was also excellent. I remember not being pressed last time with the steak but, this time the flavor was wonderful. Will return.Special Features: