Meritage Restaurant at Bethesda North Marriott
5701 Marinelli Road
North Bethesda, MD 20852Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Meritage Restaurant at Bethesda North Marriott
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bethesdanorthmarriott.com/
- Phone: 3018229234x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am; breakfast buffet: 6:00am - 10:30am
Saturday and Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm (menu and buffet)
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
(hours of operation and buffet offering is subject to change, please call restaurant for confirmation of operations offerings and times)
NOTE: hours and menu are subject to change
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Germain Haro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: semi-private
- Private Party Contact: James Barnett 3018229221x
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Nightly in On the Rocks Lounge from 5pm to 7pm
- Special Events: Holiday Brunch Buffets for Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day and Thanksgiving. Please call Meritage directly for holiday reservations.
A word from Meritage Restaurant at Bethesda North Marriott
Located in the North Bethesda Marriott, Meritage offers excellent cuisine and elegant surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meritage Restaurant at Bethesda North Marriott reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (13)special occasion (13)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Expected for hotelpmrthirdVIPDined on 7/30/2014Arrived late into Bethesda so decided to just try restaurant at Marriott. The service was great and the food was fine....really no complaints. It met my expectations for hotel restaurant. I would not go out of my way to come here but certainly would go back if staying at the hotel and I am too tired or not a lot of time to go elsewhere.
- Dinner before concertStanDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I were seated right next to loud customers although the restaurant was empty. We didn't want to inconvenience the waitress by asking to be seated at another table but we should have. The customers continued to be noisy thoughout our entire meal which made our whole experience unenjoyable. Customers were seated at other tables as they arrived, so I wondered why we weren't seated at another table when we arrived. The food was good and the waitress was nice but our experience was not enjoyable. We couldn't hear ourselves talk. My wife just ordered the soup as to make a quick exit. She waited outside while I waited for the check. The restaurant was also very cold, in what was a rainy evening, which added to the discomfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, really quiet!ForgtNamesIUsedVIPDined on 6/13/2014A typical Marriott hotel restaurant. Only three groups there at prime time on a Friday night. We would normally have eatern somewhere else but wanted the convenience of not driving to dinner. Food was avergage. Nothing bad but nothing great. Seervice was rushed despite only three groups in the restaurant. There was a larger crowd at breakfast the next day. There is no reason not to go if you don't want to leave the property.
- The following 70 reviews are from the Meritage Restaurant at Bethesda North Marriott reviews archive.
- Great for Meal before Performance.MomMomDined on 5/24/2014We had dinner here several times before attending performances at the Strathmore Music Center. The service was friendly and prompt and the food was delicious. Although I have some serious food allergies, the chef was able to prepare fresh-tasting, delicious food for me, so I could enjoy my meal as much as my husband did. The menu listings are not extensive, but we were happy with the choices we made.Special Features:
- BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I was unaware that for Mother's Day it was required to get the $49 buffet, and you were not able to order from the menu. I had no idea and it would have been nice for Meritage to let me know that when confirming the reservation or if opentable could have put that information somewhere. I was planning on ordering from the regular menu. We had 6 people so that was very expensive. Would have rather gone somewhere else for Mother's Day.
- Awesome!LynnDined on 5/11/2014Meritage did an amazing job for Mother's Day Brunch! The food was absolutely delicious! ...we didn't want to leave... the staff was so accommodating and was even able to seat us with a larger party than we reserved! Kudos to Katie and her staff!Special Features:
- Dinner before a symphony concertMomMomDined on 5/3/2014We and some friends had a very nice dinner here before going to a symphony concert. My entrée choice, grilled salmon, was perfectly cooked. The other three in our party ordered the crab cake sandwiches, which they said were good, but that there was too much filler in the crab cakes and not as much crabmeat as they would have liked. The vegetable accompaniments were fresh and properly prepared. And, the sweet potato fries my husband ordered were delicious.(I pilfered some of his...). Our waitress was very pleasant and helpful. She was a good liaison between me and the chef in dealing with my food allergies. We plan to return in the future.Special Features:
- smoothdinnerdonnaDined on 11/29/2013The food was fine, though the food choices were slim. We took my 87 year old mother and it worked out great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Thanksgiving at MeritageLornaDined on 11/28/2013My family and I have had our Thanksgiving at the Meritage for the last several years. We always enjoy it. The atmosphere is relaxed. Everyone loves the food and the selection could never be matched in our own kitchens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Group CelebrationSnowboundVIPDined on 5/12/2013Smaller than we remembered but tasty nonetheless. Maybe it was because we could not get the 10am or 12 noon seating for 7 pf us on Mother's Day and were relegated to the 2pm seating. However, I can't say enough about how nice all of the staff were and how hard each and every one I them worked to make sure everything was perfect. Even when my daughter remarked that the chocolate sauce fir the fruit was only warm, someone IMMEDIATELY offered to heat it up and bring it to her at the table. When my mother didnt see the cream cheese near the bagels someone ran to the condiment table and brought it to her. The service couldn't be beat. Good was very good buffet food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The two things that stoodFoodieBearDined on 3/9/2013The two things that stood out were the appetizers and the service. Since it is located in a conference center that apparently had no conferences going on, it was nearly empty. Our waiter was one of the friendliest gentlemen I have ever met, and was happy to tell us about the menu selections. He steered us toward the right appetizers, the boom boom shrimp, calamari and the scallops on a pumpkin sauce were all well prepared and presented. The steaks we ordered were good, with a nice light chimichurri sauce. Wine prices were quite reasonable - no excessive markups for decent familiar wines.Special Features:
- The Meritage Salad was thekalganDined on 2/24/2013The Meritage Salad was the best part of the meal. The Filet Mignon was charred (I don't mean seared!) on the outside, but rare on the inside. I ordered my steak medium & sent it back once. I was told that the Chef said that, according to his thermometer, the steak had & was cooked properly. It wasn't. There was only a smidgen of Blue Cheese atop the steak & the only flaovor was from the Burgundy Reduction. Further, I had to remove the outside of the steak. Altough there were only 6 other tables in the restaurant, the waiter was inattentive. I had to ask for a refill of my beer & my water. He neglected to bring me a fresh glass for my beer until I asked. Overall, this restaurant is way overpriced for the food, service, & ambience!!
- wait staff was pleasant, attentive.md08VIPDined on 2/8/2013wait staff was pleasant, attentive. Food was good and attractively presented.Special Features:
- Sadly Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2013We went for brunch, which we have been to many times before and have enjoyed with our kids. We showed up and found out that the regular brunch now ends at noon and they only serve the lunch menu after that. Our reservations were for 12:30 so we were not very happy and definitely not impressed with the lunch menu!
- An Excellent Buffet Once, now Fair.teddybeartwoVIPDined on 12/9/2012Once had excellent all you can eat buffet, now just breakfast buffet only and over-priced. Went today for last time until former style buffet returns.
- Overpriced with a limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Overpriced with a limited menu. Dinner was very disappointing. We were still having our coffee when all the lights were turned on and they wanted us to leave. Will not have a group affair at this restaurant again
- I was at a conference in theNadineVIPDined on 7/17/2012I was at a conference in the hotel, so this place was the most convenient. The prices were reasonable, and the service was very quick and efficient. The food was unfortunately not that great. Both the Pasta and the Club sandwich were very bland. I would go here again if I was in the hotel, but I would not go to this restaurant otherwise.Special Features:
- The brunch is good. SeemsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2012The brunch is good. Seems VERY disorganized! The service is not-so-great most of the time but since it is a buffet it doesn't matter that much. My kids love to go and it's very kid-friendly so we'll keep going back.Special Features:
- Terrible Brunch FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/20/2012The Brunch food was not good at all. The salamon was dry. The fresh made waffle had a sour taste to them. Cold jumbo shrimp. Taste like it was all prepared out of a box. Nothing tasted fresh. I do not recommend this resturant to anyone. There is far more better resturants out there like the Original Pancake House.Special Features:
- Worth a goMGreenDined on 4/29/2012The Sunday Brunch Buffet was fabulous. Everything from an omlette station to pastries, a chocolate fountain for the fruit, carving station, blintzes, salad and more... Great for groups, plenty of parking (they validate).Special Features:
- Empty Sat. Night tables = Bad FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2012The place was empty through our meal for a reservation of 7:30 PM on a Saturday, the food was bland, wine menu limited and service rushed as the entry came midway through our appetizer. The wait staff was nice and prompt but unable to offer suggestions. We will not eat here again....
- We were truly pleased withceejayDined on 4/1/2012We were truly pleased with the Sunday brunch at Meritage. The food was delicious and there was plenty to choose from. What truly impressed us was the service. Never once did we have to wait for our plates to be taken from the table nor did we wait for refills on our drinks. The wait staff was exceptional. We would not hesitate to go back for brunch or to recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Staff was excellent. We allOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2012Staff was excellent. We all thought our food was great. I never had char before and it was very good.Special Features:
- Boring, Boring!!!teddybeartwoVIPDined on 2/19/2012Again, need to have some variety in menu, which is currently boring when customers come every few weeks. Makes us want to come back after several months instead of monthly.
- Varied menu at reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/28/2012Varied menu at reasonable prices. Wait staff was always looking out for us without hoovering. Planning on returning.Special Features:
- Excellent choice and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2012Excellent choice and quality of food. Very pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Time to add some variety toteddybeartwoVIPDined on 1/15/2012Time to add some variety to buffet menu. Currently boring. Need variety of vegetables and entrees instead of same old thing.
- Wine list did not live upOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/30/2011Wine list did not live up to to the name of the restaurant. Food was cooked correctly, but not a very exciting menu. The service was very good, genuinely pleasant.
- Don't go hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/15/2011Food was very disappointing and overpriced. I have had better food at Ledo Pizza, McDonald's and KFC. We were the only ones in the restaurant, so it was nice and quiet.
- Outstanding Food and Service!!Dining4PleasureVIPDined on 10/2/2011The food and service on a Sunday evening were outstanding. I had just gotten through performing a concert at a local Church and we needed a quiet location to relax. Meritage was all that with outstanding service. Three of us had the salmon, which was a more-than-ample portion and one had the cheeseburger. We shared a very well made calamari appetizer and 2 of us shared the caesar salad. I had 2 huge scoops of raspberry sorbet for dessert. While the selection was adequate, the service and food were just great and I would recommend this to anyone wanting a quiet setting and teriffic everything else!!Special Features:
- Had some difficulty gettingteddybeartwoVIPDined on 10/2/2011Had some difficulty getting restaurant to accept $20 Open Table certificate.
- Very enjoyable overall. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/9/2011Very enjoyable overall. We did have to wait a few minutes for someone to come and seat us although the restaurant was not at all crowded. Service was unrushed, which was very pleasant. The salmon entree was nicely prepared although I'd have enjoyed greater environmental sensitivity with Pacific or wild salmon, rather than the all-too-common and overfished Atlantic salmon. But we liked the dining experience and plan to return.Special Features:
- Fresh fruit on the breakfastRWoodBVIPDined on 6/23/2011Fresh fruit on the breakfast menu is fresh and with a good variety. The coffee is weak.
- Even though you can make aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2011Even though you can make a booking for 1:30pm, The food was removed sharp at 2 pm which is a little early for Sunday.
- Staff preparing omelettesteddybeartwoVIPDined on 5/29/2011Staff preparing omelettes are excellent and most accomodating. We finally had a decent waiter who was excellent and aptly rewarded.
- Everyone was pleased. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2011Everyone was pleased. My grandchild loved the chocolate fountain.
- Overall good but appears restaurantHappyNeighborsDined on 4/24/2011Overall good but appears restaurant not quite ready for Easter Brunch. We were there several years ago and much more nicely decorated for Easter. The crab claws were frozen, no sliced turkey offered. Fish was just so so. Expensive for what was presented. Servers were friendly and upbeat.Special Features:
- First point of contact stillteddybeartwoVIPDined on 2/27/2011First point of contact still obliious to customers.
- Took my kids there for SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/26/2010Took my kids there for Sunday brunch. Nice selection though not huge. Chocolate fountain was a hit.Special Features:
- Restaurant was not particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2010Restaurant was not particularly good this eve. Very slow service. They did not have a decanter for the wine. Friend's baked potato was not cooked correctly.