Meritage Martini Oyster Bar & Grille
165 West Napa St
Sonoma, CA 95476Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Meritage Martini Oyster Bar & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sonomameritage.com/
- Phone: 7079389430
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm- 9:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlo Cavallo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Meritage Catering will customize a menu for your specific event based on your event theme, favorite culinary tastes, style of service, wine preferences and budget.. Celebrity Chef Carlo Cavallo has over 20 years of catering experience in Europe and the United States. He has done sit down dinner gala's for up 2500 at a time, private celebrity dinners, grand weddings, corporate Christmas parties, and cooking classes. Meritage Catering has even traveled overseas and done weddings and corporate events in remote areas of world. Meritage Catering specializes in all types of corporate events.
- Private Party Facilities: The Main dining room seats 75 comfortably, our covered Veranda which is climate controlled can seat up to 120. The whole restaurant can be bought out for private events. Chef Carlo is an award-winning specialist in regional Italian and French cuisine which is featured at his restaurant. He is very adept at preparing all types of cuisine including Asian, African, Caribbean, Latin American, and Indian specialties as well as good old American regional cuisine. Many of his winery clientele ask him to pair his food to their wines for their corporate VIP tastings and dinners. Menu pricing can vary due to market conditions, style of service, and location of event. We use only organic, natural and sustainable ingredients whenever possible.
- Private Party Contact: Rosemary Jean 7079389430
- Entertainment: We often feature special events such as Live Music, Comedy Night, and Club Meritage Ultralounge... Please check our website for dates and times.
A word from Meritage Martini Oyster Bar & Grille
Celebrity Chef Carlo Cavallo invites you to tour the cuisines of Northern Italy & Southern France. His seasonally driven menu's feature wild game, Dry Aged Prime Steaks, Fresh Seafood, Oyster/raw bar, Live Maine lobster's/ Dungeness Crab's and local organic produce some from Chef Carlo's garden. The restaurant's interior has warm earth tones illuminated by hand-blown glass chandeliers from local artisans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meritage Martini Oyster Bar & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Yelled at by bartenderEmbarrassed100Dined on 6/6/2014As we enter the restaurant 15 minutes prior to my reservation we get yelled at from the bar from the bartender that "WE ARE CLOSED!!!!!" The restaurant was full and everyone looked at us!! Embarrassing!! I yelled back I HAVE RESERVATIONS!! Then the hostess came and checked and sat us down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the whole lobsterBuddhadelightVIPDined on 6/6/2014I have enjoyed fresh live lobster when ever I find it available. This was my first big disappointment. I ordered the whole lobster----it was so small. Maybe 6 oz. really small claws. I had to order another entree. My wife ordered the lobster salad. It was supposed to be 1/2 lobster. But it only had one claw. She had to order something else. But after a long wait we found out they forgotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad it's closing...marionDined on 6/5/2014Great place for oysters and lobster special nite dining. Beautiful lighting decor. However, the restaurant is closing so very busy and noisy lately. Burgers and Vines in Sonoma, however, will continue with Meritage nites for seafood affectionados.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 618 reviews are from the Meritage Martini Oyster Bar & Grille reviews archive.
- Pretty good825111Dined on 5/22/2014The wait staff was very friendly, service was a little slow, but the bar was very crowded which was surprising for a weekday.Special Features:
- MbbMarieDined on 5/22/2014Great sea food plates. Must try the sparkling sangriaSpecial Features:
- Great DinningGrumpyDined on 5/16/2014Special night out with my wife and had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great last minute date night!JesssDined on 5/10/2014We just moved to Sonoma & we are trying out all the local gems. We decided last minute on a Saturday to do a date night & there was an opening for a reservation & we took it. I really liked this restaurant & will definitely be back for more seafood trys. I had the seafood linguine & my husband had the steak! Both were fantastic & not too heavy so we were able to enjoy dessert! Our waitress was so pleasant and was great at suggesting cocktails & dinner for me, she also kept remembering my dairy allergy everytime we chose a dish. The cocktail menu is definitely something special. Normally we would order a bottle of wine with dinner but decided to cocktail it, excellent choice on our part! :) We'll be back, loved the spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & reasonable pricesSonomaWineDivaDined on 5/10/2014Especially good seafood choices. The lobster stew with mushrooms was delicious and included a lobster tail and claw--great value for $24. Only caveat--the restaurant is very noisy. Hidden surprise is the back deck.Special Features:
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Really quickly. Four of us at a table. Service was a bit slow however I was impressed our server was able to remember everything we ordered. It was a lot. 2 of us ordered the caesar salad . Stay away from it . Very pathetic. Lettuce ripped up with a shade of dressing it. Really bad. Other meals were ok. However mt beet salad was fantastic and so was the gnocchi . One of the best gnocchi's I ever had. Not a bad place to eat . perhaps an off day overall.Special Features:
- So-so restaurantGaiseylves2eatDined on 5/9/2014I was hoping for much more in flavor and it was dissappointing. Hangar steak, bouillabaisse both pretty bland.Special Features:
- Business dinner successOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014We met for a business dinner at the Meritage. At first it seemed like it was going to be a bit too noisy for a business dinner, but the atmosphere kind of grows on you and it worked out fine. A bit dark inside, but cozy. The staff seated us quickly and were very attentive for the rest of the evening. Food was excellent. Lots of seafood choices as well as items for the land lovers. It was one of the better meals we had while visiting Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly treated and boring foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We arrived to this restaurant 10 minutes before our reservation time at 6:45. The server told us she had two options for our table. One in loud bar area right next to this group of men (who we later saw taking shots) or another table in the main area but we had to be out by 8:00 because she had a reservation. What about our reservation? We then sat down and had to wait quite a while before our waiter showed up. I joked if we didn't get a waiter we wouldn't be able to give them their table back on time. I ordered the steak and it was so boring and plain. The food was such a let down. My husband ordered the bison ribs which were also mediocre. To finish the evening, they gave our check to the couple next to us before we had finished eating.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014My girlfriends and I were up in Sonoma for my birthday and I wanted to go here for the dinner celebration. We came in and were seated right away. The cocktails were nice and the food was fabulous. I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Patio DiningEmpressVIPDined on 4/8/2014Oysters during happy hour are a great deal. Patio seating is quaint.Special Features:
- Disappointed on Most Things!PtownBoyzVIPDined on 4/7/2014We picked this restaurant due to some great reviews on Open Table. Shame on those that rated it so well. Well, we went and no wonder the place was nearly empty. Only a couple tables and then they turned people down at the door at 8:00PM. What? We later saw other restaurants just one block away nearly full. What do the locals know? As for us, we arrived with a reservation and told to sit wherever you want. We sat near the window. Ordered appetizers and they were so-so. Then we also heard they made their own pasta. Well, maybe so, but you surely don't overcook it till it come out mushy. Had the gnocchi and it was nearly like paste. UGH! Overall, it's greatly overrated and will not recommend to anyone. Sorry!Special Features:
- No Live LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2014We drove several hours to visit this restaurant based on the website. The experience was horrible. It took over 20 minutes to get a couple of martinis and a beer. There was no fresh Lobster. The calamari was rubber. There was nothing I can say good about this experience except the bread was acceptable.
- Always an Excellent ExperiencebigfunVIPDined on 3/28/2014My fiancée and I visit often, and we enjoy each visit more each time. We always ask to be seated at Sunny's table. If you want to have an extraordinary dinning experience, please ask to be at one of his tables. Each item is explained and also which beverage pairs nicely. He always remembers us, even if he just calls me kind sir. The restaurant has great daily specials, and the seafood is always prepared with heart and soul. Highly recommend this place! Thank you Sunny and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJackieDined on 3/28/2014My daughter and I had an early dinner in Friday. The servers were attentive and very good. We ordered from the small plates selection as well as from the regular entree menu, and we didn't expect such large dishes of the small selections, so we had a lot to eat. That evening the deep fryer machine had malfunctioned, but it didn't matter to us. Our salads and small pizza were delivered quickly and were very good. Then followed the special risotto of the evening which was truly delicious. We simply had no room for dessert. The servers were good throughout. We could see that there is an active local bar scene, but very subdued so it is not overpowering to the dining room. Overall a great experience, I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceDonnaDined on 3/22/2014What a wonderful dining experience. I'm a local person, and always find this restaurant to be a joy - especially when I have out-of-town friends visiting. Food, Service, Quality, friendliness -- it's all there. I always recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy Special Local Diningmonmex2Dined on 3/21/2014This restaurant is only slightly off the Square in Sonoma and features wonderfully prepared and presented dishes with attentive but never intrusive service. There's full bar and it is frequented by locals. TV for those who want to share the current sporting event. A special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoritesffoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2014We come up from San Francisco and spend a lot of time in Sonoma,, and have been to many Sonoma restaurants. We have been impressed with the quality of the restaurants, but Meritage will be a new favorite for future trips. The food was exceptional and the service was excellent. We did the 3-course Sonoma County restaurant week special but saw many intriguing dishes on the menu to try in future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business & PleasureScoutDined on 3/11/2014Great spot for getting together for a conversation, a toast, a small bite, or dinner. Fresh Seafood, Ribs were great! One of my favorite spots.Special Features:
- Noise and more noiseSonomafoodloverDined on 3/9/2014We went to brunch which was delicious. Eggs Benedict with crab cake and potato pancake. Good wine list. The only problem was not the restaurant's fault, but one table of six was unbelievably noisy and most likely inebriated. Screaming, laughing, yelling, everything was at 120db. It was very unpleasant and not what you would expect at a neighborhood restaurant so early in the day. Maybe they had been there all night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnergeticDagearDined on 3/7/2014After an 11 hour flight just what we needed to keep us awake, the mushroom and tiger prawn risotto was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such an unexpected gem!StephanieDined on 3/1/2014We started with an appetizer with beans and prosciutto. It was so light and tasty! I wasn't too hungry so it was my intention to order just the ceviche appetizer for my meal and my friends each ordered the special risotto. I secretly wanted the risotto but didn't think I could eat that much. They brought out the ceviche and put it in the middle of the table and split the two orders of risotto for all three of us so we each got some! It was the perfect amount for everyone and everyone was happy. The ceviche was fresh and refreshing and the risotto, with shrimp and asparagus, was rich and creamy. Helpful wait staff, fun environment, and really good food. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014The food, service and staff were all fantastic. Made for a great anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre BrunchVelentineDined on 2/16/2014We were looking forward to this visit because we heard great things about the chef. The first thing we smelled when we arrived was bleach. We figured at least we know the place is clean. The smell was very strong. We were disappointed in our food. There were six of us and five of us had a complaint about our meal. The eggs were overcooked, the burger was small and plated with the wrong cheese and the ravioli was missing something (flavor). The French toast was good and the focaccia and tapenade were excellent. however. I might try to give this place a second chance, but with so many other restaurants to choose from, I am not sure.
- Great food, good serviceDanLDined on 2/14/2014So good we came back the next night! And they went out of their way to fit us in despite being booked. Great menu, good wine list, .....even found a new wine that we love MO ZIN from the Spann Winery (their tasting room is one block away and very worth the walk) We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DiningandyDined on 2/14/2014We were met by Joe when we arrived. He was very friendly & very professional. The wait staff was on top of our needs/wants & all had great attitudes, giving wonderful service. The food was fabulous!!! We both ordered the Prime Rib special. The meat was cooked perfectly - so perfectly that people at other tables stated they would have to order it next time because it looked so good. The portions are a very good size. We enjoyed our meal & our time at Meritage and will return soon.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day disappointmentvintnerDined on 2/14/2014I was at Meritage Martini Oyster Bar & Grille for dinner at 6PM Valentine's Day. Food and drinks were good, however I have to comment about the service. When I ordered couple of martinis and a seafood plater ($50) I told the waiter that we will order couple of salads as well, but we need time to choose. The waiter insisted that we place our order all at once and since we didn’t want to spoil our Valentine’s Day celebration we complied and hastily ordered. I find this rude and unacceptable.
- Great oysters!hulagirl5Dined on 2/13/2014We like this place so much we go every time we're in Sonoma. Usually TWICE! Not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locals love MeritagePamBCDined on 2/8/2014We go there for special occasions & it's always delicious & the service is personal & warm & so attentive! They remember us & go outa their way to make us feel special. Kinda noisy, though, it's a popular date nite spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinner in SonomaKdogDined on 2/5/2014Had reservations for a Weds evening, got there a little early and no problem being seated. Waiter was very good, friendly, helpful, attentive but didn't feel rushed at all. Had the prosciutto - Portobello mushrooms, delicious! The risotto special was also very good. Only complaint was that it was a little chilly, not much protection from the front door on this cold, rainy evening. Would definitely return if I was a local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Tuesday NightSnarkyCinDined on 2/4/2014In town for a little wine tasting, we visited on a quiet Tuesday in February. Ended up staying at the bar after arriving a bit early for our reservation. Tasting menu was fabulous. Attentive staff and good drinks, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big LetdownclayDined on 1/31/2014Made reservations 3 weeks in advance. Seated at a table in the Bar area in the back. All tables in front at window open with nice white tablecloths. Service was slow and uninformative. Wait person only interested in pushing drinks. Four in party, and not one of us enjoyed our meal. Calamari was cold and chewy, Potatoe leek soup was so thin, you could almost see thru it. My wife's chicken meal was cold and tasteless. the oysters were well cooked and very dry. Overall, disappointing.
- OkteresaloveDined on 1/25/2014I'm sure if we had come earlier to dine it would have been a better experience, but in my opinion if you accept a reservation at 9pm please be prepared to treat us the same as if we arrived at 7. We felt rushed out, the food wasn't really up to par and for a not inexpensive meal this wasn't how we should have been treated.
- Stellar ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/25/2014Although the food was just ordinary (salads excepted which were great), the service was prompt, attentive and pleasant. Couldn't have asked for better wait staff.Special Features:
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2014arguing manager and waiter, no one in there at off hours so it could have felt private. instead, food took forever. this is wine country! really, it should have been top notch. food was very good but the rest killed the experience.
- Will always be back!LizToddVIPDined on 1/16/2014What can I say .. again ... but this place has outstanding service and great food. We will continue to return to this neighborhood gem. Note to diners - try their Happy Hour specials if you can get in early - great food and value.Special Features:
- Simple deco, nice locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2014Simple deco, nice location ,great menu and excellent wine list. Service very goodSpecial Features: