Meritage - Cincinnati
1140 Congress Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45246Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Meritage - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meritagecincy.com/
- Phone: 5133768134x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kristie Fowee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Meritage - Cincinnati
Meritage Restaurant is located in the quaint historic district of Glendale, creating a unique ambiance for any occasion. The eclectic menu features fresh seafood, hand cut steaks, specialty sandwiches, and an impressive variety of salads. Each menu item from the salad dressings to the desserts is made in house using only the freshest ingredients. The wine list features wines from around the world that have been personally selected to compliment the menu. The perfect blend of professionalism and warmth provided by the service staff combined with the food and atmosphere makes Meritage a premier dining destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Meritage - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Meritage - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (34)notable wine list (23)romantic (21)great for lunch (18)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Great local restaurant! When we are in town to visit, we make it a point to dine here! Delicious and service is always A +Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchStoneyDined on 10/20/2014I had business guest from out of the country and it worked out great. We went there early (at 11am) and it was very quiet. We were able to conduct our business before the lunch crowd started to gather in. Food was good as was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!TadmanDined on 10/16/2014With business in Sharonville, I searched for a great restaurant, and found Meritage. A great find! I knew when we walked in that this was going to be a great experience. The warm friendly greeting from the Maître d was kind and genuine. Clair, our waitress was also friendly as well as knowledgeable and attentive. The menu was wonderful, and almost too big to easily make a decision. The food was wonderful and not overly priced. The ambiance was warm and inviting. All in all a great affair!Special Features:
- Another great nightgoodeaterVIPDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I have made Meritage our "go to" restaurant--at least a couple times a month, maybe more. They go out of their way to be accomodating. It's one of those "where everyone knows your name" Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too crowdedMarkFVIPDined on 10/10/2014Too loud, overwhelmed service, but food was still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotGlendalian23Dined on 10/6/2014I'd written a review earlier about a problem with our check. I bought it to the attention of the owner - we are "regulars" so we know each other - and she remedied the situation immediately. Now *that's* a 5-star restaurant in yet another category! Thanks, Christy. We'll be back soon and often.Special Features:
- another great mealnewbieDined on 10/4/2014This is the second time we have been to Meritage and it was another great experience. The seafood trifecta is outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!lovegoodwineDined on 10/1/2014We had been to Meritage several times for dinner- this visit was for a retirement celebration. When we arrived, they had our table set up and a server who was right on top of it. Every dish ordered was delicious - would definitely recommend this place for any celebration, or any night out for a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Spur of the MomentAmajDined on 9/26/2014Stopped in because we were on that side of town. Food was good not great. Service was ok but we also realized that we were only 1 of 2 tables in the bar. Live music was a nice treat. Prices may be a bit high to attack foodiesSpecial Features:
- Best Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014I have never experienced a better dining experience! Excellent, knowledgable staff that went out of their way to walk us through the menu, recommendations, etc. The food was awesome! I highly recommend!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fam1Dined on 9/26/2014.one of our favorite restaurants. Great food. Great service, great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceConcordCookieDined on 9/24/2014Some good friends came into town from Richmond. I heard a number of positive comments about Meritage so thought we would try it. We were not disappointed and our friends were very impressed with the quality of food and service. Thank you.Special Features:
- Amazing!ChammieDined on 9/19/2014Had a fabulous dinner with 4 friends. I have stopped here many times, and always had amazing service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticCandCSDined on 9/19/2014The menu is great - lots of choices. The Meritage Salad was excellent and fresh and very large portion. The service was excellent. The hosts and servers are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit oftengoodeaterVIPDined on 9/16/2014My wife and I go to the Meritage often. With the excellent menu and special offerings and our favorites, we always have a great dining expericence. The wait staff personel are well trained, friendly, and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justmeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014First time experience was very good. My friend and I had lunch specials, and after we finished eating just sat and talked without feeling any pressure to hurry. Attentive waitress and the manager on duty was very friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Great lunch bargains... Asparagus soup to die for!Special Features:
- Great food, and decorJohnDined on 8/31/2014A very well appointed bar, and dining area. The food was excellent, and moderately priced. We chose entrees from the special sea food night menu. All dishes were well done, and tasty. We would definitely return to Meritage.Special Features:
- Great dinnerAnnieDined on 8/25/2014Starting with a great server, Lauren, and continuing with delicious food, experience was wonderful. All food prepared expertly.Special Features:
- Great dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our dinner at Meritage was excellent. The food was great . Everyone very friendly and helpful. Great eveningSpecial Features:
- great lunch and funenjoygoodfoodDined on 8/20/2014Tasty lunch with girlfriends,,,,,background music perfect .......great server, which added to our fun. Homemade bread was a wonderful start. Copia fish was perfect. The creme brulee was yummy. Will definitely go back to eat.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchSageOne63Dined on 8/13/2014Meritage never disappoints! The food and service is always excellent! The kitchen is willing to improvise to meet special needs of its clientele. I love going there for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!eatnforfunDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant had it all, great server, great food, great atmosphere. We were all pleased with our meals. I had the petite filet and scallops. The filet melted in my mouth. Another person had the salmon. I sampled it and it was awesome, and I don't like salmon. Someone else had the cobria fish. This was sort of on the bland side, though. Our server checked on us regularly, but was not bothersome. As far as pricing it was not inexpensive, but worth every penny. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great placeLisaMDined on 8/8/2014We love the food, service and atmosphere. We dine at Meritage often.Special Features:
- Wonderful!marunkelDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Meritage for the first time last night. Everything was wonderful from the moment we entered until we left. I had the Meritage salad, delicious with pears, walnuts, bacon and brie. We both had goat cheese crusted filets and I also had a lobster tail. The steaks were tender and flavorful. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business luncheonBassetGirlDined on 8/4/2014Have the servers add the cost to the specials when describing them to the patrons. I was there for a business luncheon and didn't want to ask the cost of the fish special in the presence of a client. Eighteen dollars for a very small dry piece of fish was a big disappointment. My fellow diners were very pleased with their meals so I will return and if I order a special, I'll ask the cost.I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Out first time and the food was spectacular! A little pricey. Will definitely return though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CaseyVIPDined on 7/30/2014Dinner was fantastic! My husband had the Ribs and said they were the best he's ever had! Our server was extremely attentive and the manager checked on us twice. We cannot wait to go back! One of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has been betteredccVIPDined on 7/28/2014We have been to Meritage several times. In the past the service and the food has been excellent. Our recent visit confirmed the service level as excellent. Our server (Lauren?) was engaging, and very knowledgeable about the menu. One of our entrees was disappointing. The fish was overcooked and in turn bland and dry. The hostess did a nice job of welcoming us and helping us celebrate our anniversary. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014A very nice experience for my wife and I on our anniversary. We were greeted with complimentary champaign. Our server was friendly and very attentive. Our seafood entrees were excellent. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to my friends and we will be returning customers.Special Features:
- Enticing specials of the day.diningwwineDined on 7/17/2014We frequent the Meritage often and 90% of the time order their seafood special of the day. Their chef has not disappointed us and the pairings always enhance the flavor of the fish. The staff is knowledgeable about describing the texture and flavor we can expect. We attend for special events and as a treat to unwind from our hectic day-enjoying a bottle of wine from their wonderful selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modest local gemChrisDined on 7/15/2014Bottom line is Meritage is a great local restaurant with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodguyDined on 7/12/2014Menu had a great range of items the staff was friendly and service was great. Overall quality was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treatCDDRDined on 6/18/2014we have eaten here many times and have always had GREAT food and GREAT service. this time was no exception. if you have not gone here you need to make a reservation and GO. Wine list and ambiance are also both very good. You will enjoy, as did we.Special Features:
- The following 419 reviews are from the Meritage - Cincinnati reviews archive.
- BobRVIPDined on 6/13/2014Our first time to the restaurant and the service was excellent. Great menu choices, but we had seafood trifecta and lamb chop specials which were wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oldmathteacherDined on 6/8/2014The good was great and the service outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- OutstandingJamesVIPDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful spot for a special evening or date. Excellent food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeriDined on 5/24/2014We were there early on a Saturday evening, and it wasn't crowded yet. We sat in the bar area and had friendly conversations with the staff and other patrons. The food was very good and the service very efficient. It was our first visit, and it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!drew55Dined on 5/23/2014This was our first dining experience at Meritage and we had a great evening. Our meal was excellent and the waitress took time to explain all specials of the evening and to help make wine selections. We loved everything about our evening and will dine at Meritage again soon.Special Features:
- Nice new findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2014My friend and I went to Meritage on a Monday night to spend some time catching up. Our luck it was half price wine night. We had a lovely bottle of Oberon. Delightful service, delicious food. Hearty enough portions that we each took half our dinner home for a leftover lunch. The desserts sounded fabulous (made daily) but we had decided to drink our calories instead. I'll definitely return with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.