Meritage - Cincinnati
1140 Congress Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45246Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Meritage - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meritagecincy.com/
- Phone: (513) 376-8134
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kristie Fowee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Meritage - Cincinnati
Meritage Restaurant is located in the quaint historic district of Glendale, creating a unique ambiance for any occasion. The eclectic menu features fresh seafood, hand cut steaks, specialty sandwiches, and an impressive variety of salads. Each menu item from the salad dressings to the desserts is made in house using only the freshest ingredients. The wine list features wines from around the world that have been personally selected to compliment the menu. The perfect blend of professionalism and warmth provided by the service staff combined with the food and atmosphere makes Meritage a premier dining destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Meritage - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Meritage - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (37)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (22)romantic (21)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- The service was great and the food very tasty.ToadDined on 11/21/2014The server agreed to split a dinner since 2 of us were not too hungry. The Caesar salad and stuffed baked potato were excellent. We go there often and are always pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just another great meal - consistently good foodRustygolfDined on 11/21/2014Very good menu and a great value - I plan to stop back for the current Sun-Tues special of scallops, salmon and lobster tail for $25Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, high quality at good price.PoquelinDined on 11/12/2014Well worth the trip to Glendale. Our server was helpful without hovering which is important in the relatively small front dinning room. The wine list was wider than I expected and the evening $5 specials were solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Great food. Our server Steven was very good and passionate about the business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my spouse here.dinner42Dined on 11/8/2014Our waiter Ted sold the restaurant and dinner.I took my spouse here as a surprise we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014I had lunch with some colleagues at Meritage. The service and food were both outstanding and the price was very reasonable. We really enjoyed it and will dine there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual EleganceGerriHVIPDined on 11/3/2014I love Meritage for lunch or dinner. Consisten quality food and superb service. I had the grilled Brie and it was pure decadence. Love the potato salad with drizzle of balsamic. My companion had the house salad with grilled chicken and she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Worth a trip to check out this cozy restaurant. Great food, reasonable prices, and service.Special Features:
- Great EveningJohnGDined on 11/1/2014Meritage was a great evening from the maitre d to the wait staff... They did a great job of taking care of our group without imposing or annoying the group. The maitre d was involved in assuring things went well, checking on the table and even removing dishes... although with our waitress there was no need...she was efficient, professional and personable. The food was excellent Prime rib cooked to perfection and the fish flavorful and also done just right. We were a party of four and we could not have been hapier with the foor or the service... :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars!JamesVIPDined on 10/30/2014Another great meal and wonderful service. Will continue to visit the Meritage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cincinnati's best kept secret!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014After multiple visits to Meritage, my wife and I decided this is our favorite restaurant in town! The menu offers a great variety but the steaks and seafood is really where it's at. On this visit I enjoyed the cajun goat cheese filet while my wife enjoyed the seafood trifecta. Both dishes were beautifully presented and didn't disappoint. The service is always outstanding and the wine list has a great selection at great prices. Thank you Meritage! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!PlanotxDined on 10/23/2014Great local restaurant! When we are in town to visit, we make it a point to dine here! Delicious and service is always A +Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchStoneyDined on 10/20/2014I had business guest from out of the country and it worked out great. We went there early (at 11am) and it was very quiet. We were able to conduct our business before the lunch crowd started to gather in. Food was good as was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!TadmanDined on 10/16/2014With business in Sharonville, I searched for a great restaurant, and found Meritage. A great find! I knew when we walked in that this was going to be a great experience. The warm friendly greeting from the Maître d was kind and genuine. Clair, our waitress was also friendly as well as knowledgeable and attentive. The menu was wonderful, and almost too big to easily make a decision. The food was wonderful and not overly priced. The ambiance was warm and inviting. All in all a great affair!Special Features:
- Another great nightgoodeaterVIPDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I have made Meritage our "go to" restaurant--at least a couple times a month, maybe more. They go out of their way to be accomodating. It's one of those "where everyone knows your name" Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too crowdedMarkFVIPDined on 10/10/2014Too loud, overwhelmed service, but food was still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotGlendalian23Dined on 10/6/2014I'd written a review earlier about a problem with our check. I bought it to the attention of the owner - we are "regulars" so we know each other - and she remedied the situation immediately. Now *that's* a 5-star restaurant in yet another category! Thanks, Christy. We'll be back soon and often.Special Features:
- another great mealnewbieDined on 10/4/2014This is the second time we have been to Meritage and it was another great experience. The seafood trifecta is outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!lovegoodwineDined on 10/1/2014We had been to Meritage several times for dinner- this visit was for a retirement celebration. When we arrived, they had our table set up and a server who was right on top of it. Every dish ordered was delicious - would definitely recommend this place for any celebration, or any night out for a delicious meal.Special Features:
- Spur of the MomentAmajDined on 9/26/2014Stopped in because we were on that side of town. Food was good not great. Service was ok but we also realized that we were only 1 of 2 tables in the bar. Live music was a nice treat. Prices may be a bit high to attack foodiesSpecial Features:
- Best Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014I have never experienced a better dining experience! Excellent, knowledgable staff that went out of their way to walk us through the menu, recommendations, etc. The food was awesome! I highly recommend!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fam1Dined on 9/26/2014.one of our favorite restaurants. Great food. Great service, great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceConcordCookieDined on 9/24/2014Some good friends came into town from Richmond. I heard a number of positive comments about Meritage so thought we would try it. We were not disappointed and our friends were very impressed with the quality of food and service. Thank you.Special Features:
- Amazing!ChammieDined on 9/19/2014Had a fabulous dinner with 4 friends. I have stopped here many times, and always had amazing service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticCandCSDined on 9/19/2014The menu is great - lots of choices. The Meritage Salad was excellent and fresh and very large portion. The service was excellent. The hosts and servers are friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit oftengoodeaterVIPDined on 9/16/2014My wife and I go to the Meritage often. With the excellent menu and special offerings and our favorites, we always have a great dining expericence. The wait staff personel are well trained, friendly, and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- justmeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014First time experience was very good. My friend and I had lunch specials, and after we finished eating just sat and talked without feeling any pressure to hurry. Attentive waitress and the manager on duty was very friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Great lunch bargains... Asparagus soup to die for!Special Features:
- Great food, and decorJohnDined on 8/31/2014A very well appointed bar, and dining area. The food was excellent, and moderately priced. We chose entrees from the special sea food night menu. All dishes were well done, and tasty. We would definitely return to Meritage.Special Features:
- Great dinnerAnnieVIPDined on 8/25/2014Starting with a great server, Lauren, and continuing with delicious food, experience was wonderful. All food prepared expertly.Special Features:
- Great dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our dinner at Meritage was excellent. The food was great . Everyone very friendly and helpful. Great eveningSpecial Features:
- great lunch and funenjoygoodfoodDined on 8/20/2014Tasty lunch with girlfriends,,,,,background music perfect .......great server, which added to our fun. Homemade bread was a wonderful start. Copia fish was perfect. The creme brulee was yummy. Will definitely go back to eat.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchSageOne63Dined on 8/13/2014Meritage never disappoints! The food and service is always excellent! The kitchen is willing to improvise to meet special needs of its clientele. I love going there for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!eatnforfunDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant had it all, great server, great food, great atmosphere. We were all pleased with our meals. I had the petite filet and scallops. The filet melted in my mouth. Another person had the salmon. I sampled it and it was awesome, and I don't like salmon. Someone else had the cobria fish. This was sort of on the bland side, though. Our server checked on us regularly, but was not bothersome. As far as pricing it was not inexpensive, but worth every penny. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great placeLisaMDined on 8/8/2014We love the food, service and atmosphere. We dine at Meritage often.Special Features:
- Wonderful!marunkelDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Meritage for the first time last night. Everything was wonderful from the moment we entered until we left. I had the Meritage salad, delicious with pears, walnuts, bacon and brie. We both had goat cheese crusted filets and I also had a lobster tail. The steaks were tender and flavorful. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business luncheonBassetGirlDined on 8/4/2014Have the servers add the cost to the specials when describing them to the patrons. I was there for a business luncheon and didn't want to ask the cost of the fish special in the presence of a client. Eighteen dollars for a very small dry piece of fish was a big disappointment. My fellow diners were very pleased with their meals so I will return and if I order a special, I'll ask the cost.I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Out first time and the food was spectacular! A little pricey. Will definitely return though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CaseyVIPDined on 7/30/2014Dinner was fantastic! My husband had the Ribs and said they were the best he's ever had! Our server was extremely attentive and the manager checked on us twice. We cannot wait to go back! One of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has been betteredccVIPDined on 7/28/2014We have been to Meritage several times. In the past the service and the food has been excellent. Our recent visit confirmed the service level as excellent. Our server (Lauren?) was engaging, and very knowledgeable about the menu. One of our entrees was disappointing. The fish was overcooked and in turn bland and dry. The hostess did a nice job of welcoming us and helping us celebrate our anniversary. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.