Meritage - Cincinnati
1140 Congress Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45246Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Meritage - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meritagecincy.com/
- Phone: 5133768134x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kristie Fowee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Meritage - Cincinnati
Meritage Restaurant is located in the quaint historic district of Glendale, creating a unique ambiance for any occasion. The eclectic menu features fresh seafood, hand cut steaks, specialty sandwiches, and an impressive variety of salads. Each menu item from the salad dressings to the desserts is made in house using only the freshest ingredients. The wine list features wines from around the world that have been personally selected to compliment the menu. The perfect blend of professionalism and warmth provided by the service staff combined with the food and atmosphere makes Meritage a premier dining destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Meritage - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Meritage - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (18)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great dinnerAnnieDined on 8/25/2014Starting with a great server, Lauren, and continuing with delicious food, experience was wonderful. All food prepared expertly.Special Features:
- Great dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our dinner at Meritage was excellent. The food was great . Everyone very friendly and helpful. Great eveningSpecial Features:
- great lunch and funenjoygoodfoodDined on 8/20/2014Tasty lunch with girlfriends,,,,,background music perfect .......great server, which added to our fun. Homemade bread was a wonderful start. Copia fish was perfect. The creme brulee was yummy. Will definitely go back to eat.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchSageOne63Dined on 8/13/2014Meritage never disappoints! The food and service is always excellent! The kitchen is willing to improvise to meet special needs of its clientele. I love going there for lunch or dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!eatnforfunDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant had it all, great server, great food, great atmosphere. We were all pleased with our meals. I had the petite filet and scallops. The filet melted in my mouth. Another person had the salmon. I sampled it and it was awesome, and I don't like salmon. Someone else had the cobria fish. This was sort of on the bland side, though. Our server checked on us regularly, but was not bothersome. As far as pricing it was not inexpensive, but worth every penny. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great placeLisaMDined on 8/8/2014We love the food, service and atmosphere. We dine at Meritage often.Special Features:
- Wonderful!marunkelDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Meritage for the first time last night. Everything was wonderful from the moment we entered until we left. I had the Meritage salad, delicious with pears, walnuts, bacon and brie. We both had goat cheese crusted filets and I also had a lobster tail. The steaks were tender and flavorful. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business luncheonBassetGirlDined on 8/4/2014Have the servers add the cost to the specials when describing them to the patrons. I was there for a business luncheon and didn't want to ask the cost of the fish special in the presence of a client. Eighteen dollars for a very small dry piece of fish was a big disappointment. My fellow diners were very pleased with their meals so I will return and if I order a special, I'll ask the cost.I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Out first time and the food was spectacular! A little pricey. Will definitely return though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CaseyVIPDined on 7/30/2014Dinner was fantastic! My husband had the Ribs and said they were the best he's ever had! Our server was extremely attentive and the manager checked on us twice. We cannot wait to go back! One of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has been betteredccVIPDined on 7/28/2014We have been to Meritage several times. In the past the service and the food has been excellent. Our recent visit confirmed the service level as excellent. Our server (Lauren?) was engaging, and very knowledgeable about the menu. One of our entrees was disappointing. The fish was overcooked and in turn bland and dry. The hostess did a nice job of welcoming us and helping us celebrate our anniversary. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014A very nice experience for my wife and I on our anniversary. We were greeted with complimentary champaign. Our server was friendly and very attentive. Our seafood entrees were excellent. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to my friends and we will be returning customers.Special Features:
- Enticing specials of the day.diningwwineDined on 7/17/2014We frequent the Meritage often and 90% of the time order their seafood special of the day. Their chef has not disappointed us and the pairings always enhance the flavor of the fish. The staff is knowledgeable about describing the texture and flavor we can expect. We attend for special events and as a treat to unwind from our hectic day-enjoying a bottle of wine from their wonderful selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modest local gemChrisDined on 7/15/2014Bottom line is Meritage is a great local restaurant with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodguyDined on 7/12/2014Menu had a great range of items the staff was friendly and service was great. Overall quality was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treatCDDRDined on 6/18/2014we have eaten here many times and have always had GREAT food and GREAT service. this time was no exception. if you have not gone here you need to make a reservation and GO. Wine list and ambiance are also both very good. You will enjoy, as did we.Special Features:
- BobRVIPDined on 6/13/2014Our first time to the restaurant and the service was excellent. Great menu choices, but we had seafood trifecta and lamb chop specials which were wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oldmathteacherDined on 6/8/2014The good was great and the service outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- OutstandingJamesVIPDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful spot for a special evening or date. Excellent food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeriDined on 5/24/2014We were there early on a Saturday evening, and it wasn't crowded yet. We sat in the bar area and had friendly conversations with the staff and other patrons. The food was very good and the service very efficient. It was our first visit, and it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!drew55Dined on 5/23/2014This was our first dining experience at Meritage and we had a great evening. Our meal was excellent and the waitress took time to explain all specials of the evening and to help make wine selections. We loved everything about our evening and will dine at Meritage again soon.Special Features:
- Nice new findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2014My friend and I went to Meritage on a Monday night to spend some time catching up. Our luck it was half price wine night. We had a lovely bottle of Oberon. Delightful service, delicious food. Hearty enough portions that we each took half our dinner home for a leftover lunch. The desserts sounded fabulous (made daily) but we had decided to drink our calories instead. I'll definitely return with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealRustygolfDined on 5/16/2014Another excellent meal - Thai Salmon with rice again cooked perfectly and good size. Creme Brulee was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findCincyDinersVIPDined on 5/11/2014We love Meritage - we've been a couple of times and between those in our group ordered many of the menu items and all of them were very well prepared. The service was very good and we love the atmosphere. We are definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New FavoritekozymommaDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I were looking for somewhere different for our date night. We decided to sit outside as the weather was perfect. We were alone, and although it was crowded inside, our waitress was extremely attentive. The staff were all welcoming and the food was delicious. It was very romantic. We hope to return to hear the music and enjoy seafood nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 409 reviews are from the Meritage - Cincinnati reviews archive.
- First Time at MeritageOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2014Great Service, Great Food. We'll return for sure.
- Great dinner spotbucknerDined on 4/26/2014Had a great dinner in the bar area with my girlfriend. Server Eric was great. Food was very good and the wine selection was solid. They had live music which had the perfect volume level for this place. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- meritage restarauntvarietyDined on 4/26/2014Food was good. Great steaks. Need more variety of salads and deserts. Service was great.Special Features:
- Easter DinnerFordDined on 4/20/2014We had our Family dinner on Easter Sunday. Everything was delicious and the service was good. The only bad thing was the vibrating floor under our table was quit unnerving.Special Features:
- Disappointed4to25charactersDined on 4/17/2014A dinner with friends was my second visit to Meritage, and likely my last visit. Crumbs lightly dusted our tabletop-we brushed them aside offering the benefit of doubt and staying open minded. My filet arrived lukewarm, vegetables we even cooler. Flavor was lackluster. Servers were attentive and friendly.
- BAd experieceshortyDined on 4/12/2014THis is a restaurant we have been to 4 times before. Service was slow and food not good and warm insideSpecial Features:
- Fourth time not the charmelliesgrampDined on 4/12/2014This was our fourth time and something happens every time. This time my wife was served a fish dish with shrimp garnish. We weren't informed about the shrimp and she is very allergic to shellfish. They took the food back to recook but my dish was almost finished by the time her food came back. We never got any bread. Our server tried to take our appetizer away before it was finished (She finally just took it without asking if we were finished) we couldn't get her attention to get another drink. The management/server never gave us a free dessert or a drink or anything to compensate for a not very satisfying service. Food was really good tho.
- Love this place!JohnSDined on 4/6/2014This place is the best! Good food and great service. Each time we are in Cincinnati we make it a point to dine at Meritage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Meritage to celebrateeddieemailVIPDined on 4/5/2014We went to Meritage to celebrate our anniversary, and noted that in our reservation. When we arrived our table was seet, along with two champagned glasses. We were greeted with "Happy Anniversary" by the manager and the waitress and offered a glass of champgne from the manager. It helped make the occasion special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJohnSDined on 4/4/2014Wonderful seafood and outstanding service. Thank you Rhonda!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Find ..DaveseeVIPDined on 3/31/2014Thanks to Open Table we decided to try Meritage on a spur of the moment dinner, never having been there before. We were well served by that decision a wedge salad with a vinegerete reduction sauce over the blue cheese dressing was a wonderful twist - the prime rib was wonderful - the baked potato (twice and standard) was wonderful - the bar service (where we ate) was wonderful. The manager actually helped us pick out a wine (on half price night) that was perfect! Meritage will be added to our list of regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious birthday meal!QueencityfanDined on 3/27/2014On a busy Thursday night our party of 8 all enjoyed great service,food and live music. Our favorites included a fresh tomato bruschetta topped with shaved parm and balsamic . My veal chop was cooked exactly as requested and how does the chef make that Mac and cheese! A classic creme brûlée topped off the evening of good food and company. We definitely recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentNoulaDined on 3/22/2014After 3 or so visits to Meritage, this meal was truly disappointing and not so professionally done for an upscale restaurant. Ordered prime rib dinner, $30. Served on a cold plate. The beef was barely warm and served medium as ordered. We sent it back to reheat, when returned still barely warm but medium well at that point....still on a cold plate. We told our server about it, he apologized. Another server or someone working with him, said she would at least top off the glass of wine. Instead she returned a few minutes later and took the empty wine glass! We will think twice before coming again.
- We love going to Meritage.KGKGDined on 3/22/2014We love going to Meritage. The staff is friendly and the place is comfortable, yet upbeat and inviting. Music in the bar area is quite nice. Our favorite place to sit is at the high top tables in the bar area. The one thing missing her is really exceptional food. It's just "ok". The bruschetta is served on really hard toast rounds and it is cold.Would love to see it served on fresh baked bread rounds and warm. The stuffed mushrooms are great and so are the mussels. Need more appetiz.options The scallops are really quite good. The Prime Rib is very good. Need more options that change periodically and are made with really fresh ingredients. Would love to see wine choices improve a bit: add a dry buttery (not oakey or mineral) chardonnay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food. Excellent wine listquadalmightyDined on 3/21/2014Had the goat cheese braised filet and a bottle of the Seabiscut Ranch Superfecta on the advice of the manager. One of the best and most unique steaks I've ever had, and the pairing was spot on. Delicious meal in a nice, friendly atmosphere. Date night favorite for foodies and wine lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.