490 Carolina Way
Highlands, NC 28741Neighborhood:
Highlands / Sapphire
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meritagehighlands.com/
- Phone: 8285261019
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Nicolo D
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Meritage Bistro
Meritage Bistro blends elements of Italian, French and Spanish food cultures in a casual environment. Menus and wine list change daily. Outdoor seating, is available, weather permitting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meritage Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)special occasion (4)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fabulous dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We had another wonderful evening at Meritage Bistro! Service is great, food was fabulous and the remodel is amazing. It is a comfortable setting inside and outside for good conversation too! The beet salad, octopus appetizer, duck entry, bolognese, and seasonal Maryland soft shell crab are just a few suggestions you will surely enjoy!Special Features:
- Brilliant!GJH1950Dined on 9/27/2014Meritage exceeded my expectations! Perfect pairings of wine and food, tastes and seasonings. Exquisite food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Food and Service was excellent. The menu changes every night.Special Features:
- PamHHIPamHHDined on 9/12/2014Our group of six dined at Meritage on a Friday evening. We had reservations and were seated promptly. We were all very pleased with our meals and all of us felt that there were several other items on the menu that we would have enjoyed trying. Prices were reasonable, especially for the quality of the ingredients. Our server was knowledgeable and answered all of our questions about the food and wine on the menu. The restaurant itself is lovely, with both indoor and outdoor dining spaces. I'm looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:
- GreenwoodrebDined on 9/6/2014dinner experience was great.....been there two times and both were very good....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience in Highlands ever.Luv2wineDined on 8/31/2014I must say that this experience ranked one of the worst ever in my 40 years of dining in fine restaurants. I must say that the food was very good with the exception of the pork porterhouse. You would think if you had the apilation of " Chef" before your name that you would know that pork does not require the same time nor temperature to cook as let's say a New York strip. I actually got it sliced but it was so tuff I couldn't even chew it. Much time lapsed before our waitress came back and finally removed it . It was an un pleasurable experience from the beginning as I explained to the managing partner. His reply was that he would talk to the waitress and get her story. Never once did he come to our table to apologize or make it right.
- Nice dining experience.SenwhoDined on 8/31/2014This was our first trip to this restaurant since it had changed hands. It is been nicely decorated with a sort of modern/mountain flavor to it. The menu items were unique and we had a tough time deciding what to get. I'm sure the menu changes So I will not try to describe what all we had but we enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Excellent!TheFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Meritage is an excellent addition to the Highlands restaurant scene! Great food, service and the main dinning room has been completely renovated from the quaint appearance of the restaurant that formerly occupied the building to a modern sophisticated appearance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SadieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Very nice & pretty....food beautifully presented, but not outstanding . Service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedgojabiDined on 8/28/2014Food was good; but the kitchen door left open with lots of banging and noise coming from there. Bill charged higher than menu listing for the appetizer. "We haven't had a chance to change the menu", yet the menu was a single printed sheet. Need some work to bring the operations up to the quality of the food.
- Great Highlands Dining AdditionSFC81VIPDined on 8/24/2014We went on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was not crowded. Based on our experience, it won't be long before people discover it. We'll be back soon and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Meritage Bistro reviews archive.