5694 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46208Neighborhood:
Broad Ripple / Meridian - Kessler
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://meridianonmeridian.com/
- Phone: 3174661111x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm : Sunday 4:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Dean Sample
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In-Home Fine Dining
Your private chef and service staff will be onsite at the location of your choosing to accommodate all your needs.
Book an intimate dinner in the Meridian’s private, upstairs hideaway. For parties of 20 or fewer,
Enjoy your next private breakfast, lunch, or brunch, with your friends and relatives at the Meridian. We will happily offer our restaurant to you during the hours of 11am & 3pm, on Saturdays and Sundays.
A word from Meridian
Meridian Restaurant and Bar is located in the Meridian Street Historic District on the north side of Indianapolis. Meridian is a fine dining establishment serving innovative American cuisine. The menu incorporates regional American and international flavors sure to please any palate. The menu offers a selection of natural beef, fresh fish, lamb, pork, chicken, and pastas. The excellent wine list is a perfect companion for the menu, and we offer a full selection of cocktails and beer as well. The intimate setting and professional staff provide one of the most unique dining experiences in Indianapolis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Meridian reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)special occasion (93)fit for foodies (85)romantic (81)great for outdoor dining (49)notable wine list (45)great for lunch (38)good for groups (21)scenic view (12)great for brunch (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- foodfriendsfantasticDined on 8/27/2014Food was just fair to good, nothing really exciting for foodies. No rolls served with salad……had to ask for them and received after finished salad. Very quiet as few patrons for lunch but it was Wed. and later. Loved the remodel of the old restaurant and having the restrooms on the main level.
- solid dining for foodiesBoilerKurtVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Meridian offers unique spins on somewhat usual dishes. Their top-notch preparation and excellent delivery make it a favorite of ours for any special occassion. I can't imagine being disappointed here.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014We are huge fans of the Meridian! We always have the best service, and the food is always top notch. This visit was no different. Our server, Jonathon, was very attentive and knowledgable. The panzanella the chef was serving with another main dish sounded so wonderful, he was kind enough to change things around for me and put it with my amazing red snapper. They always go above and beyond for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Best kept secret! My favorite place to meet for one on one business meetings. The wait staff understands that you are conducting business and does not constantly interrupt but attends to your needs. That is an art!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business Luncheshard2pleaseDined on 8/18/2014Been using the Meridian for casual business for some time. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- They don't deviate from perfection!domchaseDined on 8/15/2014We come here every few months or so. It is always incredible food and service. Another great attribute is that it is always extremely clean, including the bathrooms. My expectations are so high at this point that if anything wasn't perfect I would notice, but in 2 years they have yet to disappoint at even the slightest level. Our server this time was the best we've had; very attentive and knowledgeable about both the food and wine menu. We will continue to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always up to parEatsDined on 8/15/2014Overall Meridian always gives interesting food with attentive service in beautiful surroundings. We had lamb roast, steak and crepe lasagna entrees..all well prepped. Only disappointment was our favorite dessert (butterscotch pudding) was replaced on the menu with something more outré.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinnercustomerDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed a very nice anniversary dinner. I ordered the special (Grouper) which was delicious. My husband ordered the strip, which was HUGE, but a little too much grizzle. Nonetheless, everything was very nice. The server was excellent -- present, but not overbearing or pretentious.Special Features:
- BreezyDined on 8/9/2014After a less than stellar experience here several years ago, we were very pleasantly surprised this time. Food and service were very good, but you have to enjoy food that is not your basic "meat and potatoes" -- presentations are beautiful, but with somewhat unusual ingredients, but very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindVgoralDined on 8/9/2014While in for the weekend MotoGP races, I had the chance to dine at this wonderful place. It was easy to get in, had a beautiful dining room, and the food was fabulous. It ended with the best Tiramasu I have ever had.
- Excellent ExperienceNew2IndyDined on 8/8/2014Everything was excellent. Very nice ambiance and excellent service. Food that we ordered was very good. My only suggestion is to have at least one more vegetarian/vegan entry available or more of an ability to modify an entree to remove meat or cheese. Otherwise for what they offer, the restaurant is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place66motorsportVIPDined on 8/7/2014Could have been better.... Items weren't prepared exactly as ordered... But still good.Special Features:
- JAYatJWIndyVIPDined on 8/6/2014MERIDIAN is perfect for a patio lunch with friends, a quiet dinner for two, or a post-show drink or dessert in the bar. Some of my favorite menu items include: Beef Carpaccio, Brussels Sprout Chopped Salad, and the Gunthorp Farms Pork Chop. Also, don’t forget to try their signature dessert “Coffee and Donuts”, warm donuts served with cinnamon sugar and Chantilly malted coffee cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014Always consistent and never disappoints. Great place for business because it is easy to hear and be heard.Special Features:
- Good food and friendly staffIndysharkVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was our first time here. We enjoyed the restaurant, but the service was a little lacking. We had a reservation, but it wasn't needed on a Sunday night because the restaurant was not busy. When we arrived, we had to wait for a little while because no one was at the front desk. We were note provided a wine list when we were seated. Despite having a full bar, we were not offered a drink. We ordered a bottle of wine but when I had a question about another bottle, the waiter did not know the answer or offer to find out. When we ordered, the waiter forgot our appetizer. He ended up providing a free dessert. The food was very good, but the staff just needs more training. With a little more training, this could be a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeCarmelDiners2014Dined on 7/31/2014Whether for lunch or dinner, we always enjoy The Meridian. The service is always so friendly and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant has great ambience and we have previously enjoyed the food but this visit was not good. The waitress asked for our drink orders but we had not received a wine or drink list so I had to ask for one. The appetizers were great but the entrees were not good. The filet was so overdone it was like leather and the chicken dish was very dry. We left over half of both dishes but nothing was addressed.Special Features:
- Meridian RestaurantJosephDined on 7/24/2014The food was wonderful and beautifully presented. And the atmosphere is lovely, intimate, cozy. I've been to Meridian twice in the last month and I'll definitely return. I hope there will be some new choices for the fall/winter menu....just for the sake of seeing what the chef can do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful & delicious!Out2dinDined on 7/20/2014We love coming to the Meridian because the menu changes every season an everything is prepared and presented like a work of art. Some say we eat with eyes first. If that's true... You'll love Meridian. The scallop appy was fantastic! My only complaint was the spiders should be cleaed off the dining area outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKatesmomDined on 7/19/2014My daughter and I had a wonderful time last Saturday.. The food and service was wonderful. We dined on the patio and the ambience was above and beyond expectations. Our server was so informative and friendly. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uniqueMikeVIPDined on 7/18/2014Meridian is a one-of-a-kind restaurant that is beautifully decorated, has excellent food and outstanding service-every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet dining, local atmosphereSavemeSFDined on 7/18/2014Chef is quite imaginative. Great seasonal menu based on locally available meats and vegetables. Jonathan brought his San Francisco service skills, charm and level of attentiveness back to Indiana for a level of table service that is actually exceptional for Indiana. Bar service was also excellen and the hostess worked with us to be able to eat outside with only a short detour to the bar (:>). Inside is nice, decor is charmingly rustic but a bit dark. Sit outside if there is a table open. Definitely have dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in IndydivemamaDined on 7/17/2014Sat outside, and it was lovely. Everything one wants in a fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceNiceDined on 7/15/2014We went to Meridian to celebrate on a Tuesday night, so it wasn't too busy. Cocktails in the bar were delicious, (martini and wet garden) the bartender was particularly generous with the vodka. Our waiter in the dining room, Barry, was knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. The duck was not amazing, a little chewy and not high on flavor, but it is particularly challenging to find a cooperative duck willing to be both tender and flavorful. It paled in comparison to the shrimp and pork belly which was a truly outstanding dish. The carpaccio was probably good, but the effects of the vodka were in control at that point...It was well presented with lovely sauces and the pickled red onions on top were a delicious touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2014Top notch service. Inventive selections in all menu categories. Each item served was presented beautifully and tasted even better. Great flavor, unusual seasonings - all worked together. Portion sizes not skimpy. A real treat to escape from "chain restaurant" fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming RestaurantIndyDinerDined on 7/11/2014Meridian has done such a beautiful job of maintaining an old neighborhood historic gem. The food, service and ambiance is wonderful and the location along the historic canal & Meridian St is so "INDY" !!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/4/2014Great food and service. A little pricy but will return happiy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al Fresco DiningNicaVIPDined on 7/4/2014One of the loveliest patios in the city, quiet and scenic and food delicious! A few more affordable "bar type" food entrees would be good...for those of us who are lighter eaters...Special Features:
- Great restaurantBearyDined on 7/3/2014Great restaurant for a nice night out! Great for date or relaxing evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a quality find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The price was definitely worthwhile for the fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Business PickBCPAPRMRproDined on 7/2/2014Anytime you're looking for a place to have a nice business lunch dining experience that's comfortable; this is the place.Special Features:
- Always a treat!BCCMVIPDined on 7/1/2014Meridian is always a winner. Great menu. Great ambiance. Always good service. Just a winner all around.Special Features:
- Elegant yet comfortableflamingofanVIPDined on 6/30/2014This remodeled space pays homage to the historic building. But old school stops there. The menu is inventive and relies on local produce. The prices are a bit higher than a regular lunch schedule but lovely for special occasions. I want to find an evening to enjoy the outdoor space and a winter evening to enjoy a glass of wine in the bar. We were delightfully surprised with the chef's special dessert at the end of our meal. We were celebrating a retirement of a very special person.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationkilgoVIPDined on 6/28/2014Ambience and service were outstanding. Food left much to be desired, especially at the higher price range.Special Features:
- Meridian Is PrimePepperDined on 6/28/2014The Meridian is always our special place to dine when my sister from Nashville, TN, comes for a visit. She is a world traveler and finds The Meridian a very satisfying experience, equal to any dining anywhere in quality of food, service, and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GarysGourmetReviewsDined on 6/28/2014My son told me about Meridian and made the reservation through Open Table. To my surprise the whole electronic thing worked flawlessly! Everyone loved the food, the atmosphere, and we ran in to old friends that felt the same way. Our guests were impressed with Meridian and plan to return. Great evening!!Special Features:
- DiningDuoDined on 6/27/2014We had a wonderful experience at this restaurant...the food was delicious and the services impeccable.Special Features:
- thanksstx2Dined on 6/24/2014My out of town guest really likes MERIDIAN and will likely use it for his subsequent meetings and visits to Indy. Thanks for always doing such a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunch locationdinerDined on 6/24/2014Meridian has the right mix of formal and casual. We had a new waiter named Barry who was really on his toes. He took care of every need without hovering. Going back next week.Special Features:
- DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The lamb was great, as well as the service. The staff was very informative and new a lot about the history. I specifically like that the menu is seasonal. I'll definitely come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.