5694 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46208Neighborhood:
Broad Ripple / Meridian - Kessler
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://meridianonmeridian.com/
- Phone: 3174661111x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm : Sunday 4:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Dean Sample
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In-Home Fine Dining
Your private chef and service staff will be onsite at the location of your choosing to accommodate all your needs.
Book an intimate dinner in the Meridian’s private, upstairs hideaway. For parties of 20 or fewer,
Enjoy your next private breakfast, lunch, or brunch, with your friends and relatives at the Meridian. We will happily offer our restaurant to you during the hours of 11am & 3pm, on Saturdays and Sundays.
A word from Meridian
Meridian Restaurant and Bar is located in the Meridian Street Historic District on the north side of Indianapolis. Meridian is a fine dining establishment serving innovative American cuisine. The menu incorporates regional American and international flavors sure to please any palate. The menu offers a selection of natural beef, fresh fish, lamb, pork, chicken, and pastas. The excellent wine list is a perfect companion for the menu, and we offer a full selection of cocktails and beer as well. The intimate setting and professional staff provide one of the most unique dining experiences in Indianapolis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Meridian reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)special occasion (81)fit for foodies (77)romantic (51)notable wine list (44)great for outdoor dining (33)great for lunch (32)good for groups (24)scenic view (15)great for brunch (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014My menu choice was excellent! Favorite place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Kadeez14Dined on 10/17/2014This is the kind of place you hope to find but usually fall just short. Classy atmosphere, impeccable service, exceptional menu and wine list. Tip...the veal is amazing!!! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillBillDined on 10/15/2014This restaurant was a wonderful surprise. The menu selections were outstanding, food prepared and presented beautifully, and the service was first class all the way. We would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Many Happy ReturnscelebrantsDined on 10/14/2014I've been there many times and hope to return many more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Days in a RowHeleneMVIPDined on 10/11/2014After sampling my husband's Boar Bolognese at dinner at The Meridian we returned the next day for lunch so that I could have my own portion. Both meals were shared with two other couples so between us we sampled seven of the chef's specialities. All were beautifully presented, served the right temp and most importantly, just delicious, the very clean plates returned to the kitchen were evidence. The Donuts and Coffee dessert was a fun bit of sweetness to share.Special Features:
- Nice place for special occasionsIndyguestfromdurhamncDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at Meridian. The waiter was very friendly and the service was good. The waiter seemed knowledgeable about items on the menu, however, when the items were brought to the table they were not prepared as he had told us they would be. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014My favorite Indy restaurant ! Creative menu, excellent ambiance, great (not hovering) service, and consistently delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, not spectacular.FishersFoodieDined on 9/29/2014Arrived at Meridian and was promptly seated on the patio. Our waitress was attentive and helpful throughout the evening. The warm rolls were tasty, the smoked trout appetizer and smokey corn chowder were tremendous. The challenge came withour main courses; they arrived cool and relatively uninspired. This was also when the bugs arrived around the patio seating area; other patrons were chatting about it too. However, we tried to finish our evening on a high note and ordered the dessert of donuts and coffee. Happy to report it was a 5 star finish. The donuts arrived hot and fresh, the coffee dipping sauce was heavenly when generously spread on the hot fried puffs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SvenDined on 9/29/2014We have been disappointed by our experiences at restaurants in Indianapolis. High prices. Forgettable meals and service. But that changed on our visit to Meridian. The evening was wonderful. I mentioned in the reservation that it was my wife's birthday. The waiter, Erica, acknowledged the birthday when we sat down. She was delightful. All three of us, my wife, 12-year-old son, and me, loved our meals. I'm not sure we've been to a restaurant in Indianapolis when all three of us were so happy with our meal(s).The bill was relatively high. But, I would gladly go to Meridian again and again and again. Thank you, Meridian, for restoring our faith in restaurants in Indianapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceButlerDined on 9/28/2014We visited The Meridian with out-of-town friends and were very happy with our total experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Mixed Bagfood2luveDined on 9/27/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary with my wife. The ambiance was appropriate, the server was friendly. My wife loved her appetizer, but my appetizer was tasteless and bland. When it came to the main course, my wife's food was cold and very bland. My entrée tasted very good and was well worth the money. The dessert was acceptable but not special. Overall I would have expected this kind of cuisine and quality in a cheaper category of restaurant.
- MeridianOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014Great service, outstanding food. An Indianapolis gem of a restaurant!Special Features:
- On the patio dining - great!!!kathyDined on 9/25/2014Excellent experience. A very good server & cozy on patio w fire burning. Lovely evening. Thank you for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nanzjayhaz5051Dined on 9/25/2014Awesome place for a lite supper at the bar, lunch or dinner. Friendly, helpful staff who put customers forts and a lovely atmosphere from laid back on the patio or in the bar or fine dining for a special occasion in the dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialBasilVIPDined on 9/16/2014We have been a couple of times at Meridian now, and never disappointed. Recommend without hesitations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Colts Monday Night FootballEatsDined on 9/15/2014The Colts backers were our in force at the Meridian. This made the noise level ramp up. The food was not as great as usual with the rolls tasting stale but the corn chowder still being up to par.Entrees-salmon,lamb and burger- were tasty but not fantastic. Maybe the big Colts crowd stressed the kitchen. Overall Meridian was still an above average dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...wannabechefDined on 9/13/2014For our visit we split the quail appetizer, corn puree soup, and shared the filet and seafood special (a kind of deconstructed seafood boil). The food, particularly the quail and soup were incredible with complex flavors and appropriate portion size. For me the medium rare is "rare" so adjust...If there was any critique of Meridian it was in a couple of service items; while I checked in early they didn't let us know our table was ready while we were in the bar and while we split a few items they didn't divide the dishes prior to arriving table side. Small details, but for me would have moved Meridian to one of the top contemporary American "farm to table" experiences on the NE side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backGeo8VIPDined on 9/12/2014Our first visit to Meridian and all I can say is: "what took us so long"! Best pork chop I've ever had: Charred perfectly outside with the right amount dark (molasses?) glaze, perfect medium pink inside, and delicious all the way through. The smoked corn puree is a must-try. Our server Jenna was outstanding with great information. 'Love the idea of their seasonal menu. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Superb dininggoodfoodVIPDined on 9/12/2014Unique and delicious menu items. Food presentation is excellent too. Service was quite good with our server giving us some good tips on the menu items. There is nothing ordinary on the menu and the various tastes and textures of the entrees make for an exciting dining experience. Wish they would bring back the panacotta however.Special Features:
- Great night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great night out. From a wonderful glass of Pinot Noir to the amazing S'mores brownie dessert. Both entrees were exceptional, my wife had the Filet and I had the Pork Chop. Hats off to Chef Dean. Service was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- foodfriendsfantasticDined on 8/27/2014Food was just fair to good, nothing really exciting for foodies. No rolls served with salad……had to ask for them and received after finished salad. Very quiet as few patrons for lunch but it was Wed. and later. Loved the remodel of the old restaurant and having the restrooms on the main level.
- solid dining for foodiesBoilerKurtVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Meridian offers unique spins on somewhat usual dishes. Their top-notch preparation and excellent delivery make it a favorite of ours for any special occassion. I can't imagine being disappointed here.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014We are huge fans of the Meridian! We always have the best service, and the food is always top notch. This visit was no different. Our server, Jonathon, was very attentive and knowledgable. The panzanella the chef was serving with another main dish sounded so wonderful, he was kind enough to change things around for me and put it with my amazing red snapper. They always go above and beyond for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Best kept secret! My favorite place to meet for one on one business meetings. The wait staff understands that you are conducting business and does not constantly interrupt but attends to your needs. That is an art!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business Luncheshard2pleaseDined on 8/18/2014Been using the Meridian for casual business for some time. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- They don't deviate from perfection!domchaseDined on 8/15/2014We come here every few months or so. It is always incredible food and service. Another great attribute is that it is always extremely clean, including the bathrooms. My expectations are so high at this point that if anything wasn't perfect I would notice, but in 2 years they have yet to disappoint at even the slightest level. Our server this time was the best we've had; very attentive and knowledgeable about both the food and wine menu. We will continue to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always up to parEatsDined on 8/15/2014Overall Meridian always gives interesting food with attentive service in beautiful surroundings. We had lamb roast, steak and crepe lasagna entrees..all well prepped. Only disappointment was our favorite dessert (butterscotch pudding) was replaced on the menu with something more outré.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice anniversary dinnercustomerDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed a very nice anniversary dinner. I ordered the special (Grouper) which was delicious. My husband ordered the strip, which was HUGE, but a little too much grizzle. Nonetheless, everything was very nice. The server was excellent -- present, but not overbearing or pretentious.Special Features:
- BreezyDined on 8/9/2014After a less than stellar experience here several years ago, we were very pleasantly surprised this time. Food and service were very good, but you have to enjoy food that is not your basic "meat and potatoes" -- presentations are beautiful, but with somewhat unusual ingredients, but very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindVgoralDined on 8/9/2014While in for the weekend MotoGP races, I had the chance to dine at this wonderful place. It was easy to get in, had a beautiful dining room, and the food was fabulous. It ended with the best Tiramasu I have ever had.
- Excellent ExperienceNew2IndyDined on 8/8/2014Everything was excellent. Very nice ambiance and excellent service. Food that we ordered was very good. My only suggestion is to have at least one more vegetarian/vegan entry available or more of an ability to modify an entree to remove meat or cheese. Otherwise for what they offer, the restaurant is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place66motorsportVIPDined on 8/7/2014Could have been better.... Items weren't prepared exactly as ordered... But still good.Special Features:
- JAYatJWIndyVIPDined on 8/6/2014MERIDIAN is perfect for a patio lunch with friends, a quiet dinner for two, or a post-show drink or dessert in the bar. Some of my favorite menu items include: Beef Carpaccio, Brussels Sprout Chopped Salad, and the Gunthorp Farms Pork Chop. Also, don’t forget to try their signature dessert “Coffee and Donuts”, warm donuts served with cinnamon sugar and Chantilly malted coffee cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014Always consistent and never disappoints. Great place for business because it is easy to hear and be heard.Special Features:
- Good food and friendly staffIndysharkVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was our first time here. We enjoyed the restaurant, but the service was a little lacking. We had a reservation, but it wasn't needed on a Sunday night because the restaurant was not busy. When we arrived, we had to wait for a little while because no one was at the front desk. We were note provided a wine list when we were seated. Despite having a full bar, we were not offered a drink. We ordered a bottle of wine but when I had a question about another bottle, the waiter did not know the answer or offer to find out. When we ordered, the waiter forgot our appetizer. He ended up providing a free dessert. The food was very good, but the staff just needs more training. With a little more training, this could be a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeCarmelDiners2014Dined on 7/31/2014Whether for lunch or dinner, we always enjoy The Meridian. The service is always so friendly and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant has great ambience and we have previously enjoyed the food but this visit was not good. The waitress asked for our drink orders but we had not received a wine or drink list so I had to ask for one. The appetizers were great but the entrees were not good. The filet was so overdone it was like leather and the chicken dish was very dry. We left over half of both dishes but nothing was addressed.Special Features:
- Meridian RestaurantJosephDined on 7/24/2014The food was wonderful and beautifully presented. And the atmosphere is lovely, intimate, cozy. I've been to Meridian twice in the last month and I'll definitely return. I hope there will be some new choices for the fall/winter menu....just for the sake of seeing what the chef can do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful & delicious!Out2dinDined on 7/20/2014We love coming to the Meridian because the menu changes every season an everything is prepared and presented like a work of art. Some say we eat with eyes first. If that's true... You'll love Meridian. The scallop appy was fantastic! My only complaint was the spiders should be cleaed off the dining area outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKatesmomDined on 7/19/2014My daughter and I had a wonderful time last Saturday.. The food and service was wonderful. We dined on the patio and the ambience was above and beyond expectations. Our server was so informative and friendly. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.