1490 Fifth Ave South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meredaysnaples.com/
- Phone: (239) 732-0784
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5 p.m. -9 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Mereday
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mereday's
Mereday’s Fine Dining serves contemporary American cuisine based on the finest, freshest, often rarely-available ingredients sourced directly from artisan producers located world-over.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Mereday's - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Mereday's reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)fit for foodies (46)romantic (32)scenic view (27)notable wine list (21)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Superb!OhgeorgeVIPDined on 11/25/2014Charles Mereday's Magic in the kitchen reigns supreme. We enjoy the menu variation from down home shrimp and grits to upscale Foie gras and everything in between. Kimberley's dessert creations continue to amaze and please, too. Truly worthy of a detour in the Michelin sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best kitchen in the areadc1marcoVIPDined on 11/20/2014food was excellent all round except for cheese plate which had a $10 upcharge and was very ordinary - chef/owner is probably the best in Naples - waiters and waitresses are very pleasant but have a tendency to fawn over you and ask you after every bite if everything is ok and then disappear once you have been served the main course - I had to chase them down to get dessert and the check and the restaurant was not all that busy - they need to be better trained to equal the quality of the food - upcharges on top of 3 prix fixe variants are sneaky - $15 on foie gras and $50 on a kind of Japanese steak (Miyusaki (?) - the beef equivalent of the highest grade toro) that is supposed to be better than Kobe -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJRERDined on 11/17/2014A gracious welcome ushered in the first impression of Mereday's. The wait staff introduced themselves and explained the menu very clearly. The first course arrived and we had our first aha moment. Then the second and third course proved the same the dessert was definitely a tada! Thank all of you at Mereday's for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Can't wait to go back. Each plate is made especially for you. Beautiful and tasteful masterpiecesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and I visited Mereday's while visiting Naples for the weekend. We found it on Open Table and were impressed by the good reviews. We had a superb experience. The service and food were incredible. My mouth is watering thinking about my meal. So yummy and unique! The food is expensive, but well worth it for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The seating procedure was a disaster. Although tables near windows were available, the waitress insisted we take seats on a bench covered with pastic sheeting and with a "view" to the kitchen door. The multi-colour light show reminded us more of the Moulin Rouge than of Maison Troigros, where Mr. Mereday says he spent some time.Special Features:
- StanleyJVIPDined on 11/13/2014Could be one of the best meals I have ever had in NaplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionFunfilledDined on 11/8/2014We had a party of four and were well treated. The staff joked around and made the time go by fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicoVIPDined on 11/8/2014Imaginative highest quality ingredients provide a rich, elegant dining experience. The only downside is lack of parking facilities where the valet parking was full at 7 pm! Other parking facility is small, leaving no choice available . If you are not lucky to find a place, you will have to abandon your dinner plans and go elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naples world class diningDandJBNaplesDined on 11/7/2014We've had the pleasure of dining in many of the best rated restaurants around the world. Our dinner at Mereday's on 3/7/14 was one of the best ever. We selected the 5 course with wine parings. Ample portions. Every bite was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be the best place in NaplesJohnInNaplesVIPDined on 11/6/2014We went to Mereday's with skepticism since tasting menus and Naples were thought to be mutually exclusive. While didn't pair wines (it was a school night) we did find some great wines by the glass. Our shrimp and grits might have topped those last raved about in South Carolina and the scallops were so perfectly cooked we couldn't remember the last one's we'd had that compared. The portions were ample: she had a two-course and I had a three-course, both of which include a dessert. We left impressed, full, and humbled thinking the chef had try to fool a naïve Naples audience and been proven wrong. The only thing we could say needed improvement was the décor but the tables with a view see the boats and water, not bad.Special Features:
- excellent dinnerzuckDined on 11/5/2014Excellent restaurants Superb presentation and delivery of an excellent meal. The location is superb I would definitely recommend for locals and seasonal patronsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private dinnerErnieDined on 11/4/2014Food was amazing. Server was great. It felt like we had the restaurant to ourselves. Because we did! It was nice and also sad since the food was wonderful and wine pairings good too. Tuesday nights might be slow but a good place like this shouldn't go unnoticed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayTVIPDined on 11/2/2014The best new restaurant in Naples over the past two years bar none.Special Features:
- Foodie's dreamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband, Greg and I had the greatest experience. We were so well taken care of by the staff. The dinner was beyond amazing. We will definitely be returning to Mereday'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, love, LOVED!!!CKMonacoDined on 10/13/2014Mereday's was just a fabulous experience and we were lucky enough to have Chef Mereday cook for us! Would recommend this to anyone who enjoys really terrific food--a perfect combination between culinary skill and wonderful, balanced flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mereday's is excellentDissappointedDined on 10/11/2014Simply the best Naples has to offer. Expensive - but what restaurant of this caliber isn't.Special Features:
- MMlmVIPDined on 10/4/2014Very happy with the experience. Had heard the portions were small so ordered the 4 course fixed price, could easily have been satisfied with 2, 3 tops. Good selection of items from escargot to risotto to filet. Four of us had wide assortment & were all pleased with each selection. Wine pairings may not have been the absolute best selections, but decent & good pours.Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/29/2014Continues to be a favorite spot for us. Very talented kitchen. The chicken entree is so tasty and the scallops are wonderful. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Plus ++++ILovetoDineOutVIPDined on 9/26/2014Chef Mereday is brilliant. The menu is amazing, food and service is an experience like no other. I just wish Tampa had a restaurant in this league. Nothing like it.Special Features:
- Dining PerfectionBGBLUECATVIPDined on 9/17/2014Beautiful presentations, great food, and friendly-efficient service. Scenic setting in the middle of a marina with water on 2 sides. The wine list is eclectic, with relatively high prices. I would have preferred to see a few more recognizable producers to get a point of reference on price. We had the wine pairing for $50, which seemed reasonable. One word of caution, if you are a 1st timer like us. Call them to get instruction of how to get into the garage, especially if there is inclement weather. If I was a local, this would definitely be a place that I would frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SISSYDined on 9/15/2014The food and service were wonderful. One of the finest meals I have had in Naples since moving here in 1972. Would recommend with out reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll want to come back ever nightDensonDined on 9/9/2014Pricey, but every bite is worth it. I told my wife I would spend $500 for a dinner like this!! Oh and we are BIG foodies! Go and see for yourself!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014One of the best restaurants in Florida period. Service was excellent too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayTVIPDined on 9/6/2014In just over 1 year it has become one of the best restaurants in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!CorycDined on 9/3/2014Wow. The food and service was top notch. Choose the number of courses that you want and pair each course with your own wine selection or Mereday's. I can not wait to go back. Don't miss Mereday's. Naples has a true gem here!Special Features:
- Food Was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed the evening. Food is exceptional. Liked that you can select and mix courses.Special Features:
- MeredaysVIPDined on 8/29/2014The difference between dining and eating out was defined by our experience on Thursday evening at Mereday's. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. Our waitstaff was very professional. I loved the decor, the colors and textures makes the room feel elegant, comfortable and welcoming. We will be back again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining!dc1marcoVIPDined on 8/28/2014We had a great experience at Meredays. First time and will be back. Looking forward to trying Alto as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service excel on quiet niteOphileDined on 8/26/2014We're told by some that Mereday's location and prices are not competitive with other 5th Ave establishments. They have a point on the location - not the easiest in or out, a bit confusing once in the underground garage, but a very attractive space and setting once there - but all-in prices are competitive with the best on 5th and beyond (i.e., $$$+), and the food and service excel. We haven't tried them all yet, but the best food we've found in Naples so far. We opted for wine pairings with each course and regretted no choices among the 5 dishes served between us(+dessert) but the escargot and creole shrimp were especially good. Only negative: the cheese plate dessert was lovely but I'm not sure it was worthy of a supplementary charge.Special Features:
- JayTVIPDined on 8/23/2014Although it is a little pricey, this is one of the best new restaurants in Naples. I strongly recommend it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014Hands down the best chicken dinner I've ever had, I wish I had some now. Beautiful spot!Special Features:
- Hotlips1Dined on 8/22/2014Have always been very proud to take friends here. Food has always been excellent and beautifully presented. Wine list is amazing and the pairings are very good.Special Features:
- Another Great ExperienceNaplesFoodieDined on 8/12/2014Dined again on Tuesday evening at Mereday's and had another spectacular dining experience. First rate people. First rate food.Special Features:
- Best Dinner in NaplesSlickNickDined on 8/8/2014The four course options are a great concept for dinner. It allows you to mix and match your courses. The muscells are amazing. The scallops are like butter and the filet melts in your mouth. Highly recommend this cozy trendy romantic spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Shrimp and grits everilenererVIPDined on 8/2/2014Meredays is an interesting restaurant. There are rules to dining here and you won't like this place if you hate that. For example, you must have dessert. Originally, they called this a three four or five course menu, but now I believe it is two three or four courses because they have disguised the fact that dessert is a required course by stating it is complementary. So two courses (really three) is $55, and unless you choose to eat at the bar, that is the least you can spend per person even if one of those people is a seven year old. Perhaps because of all these extra rules, Mereday's isn't nearly as busy or crowded as one would expect with the caliber of food offered. Still, the food is stellar overall and the shrimp and grits superb.Special Features:
- One of the Very Best . . . Special!OhgeorgeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Chef Mereday has created a great dining experience in SWFla. The food is outstanding, young servers attentive and the water-front setting very attractive. Both indoor and outdoor seating options are available. Extensive menu features classis haute cuisine selections (e.g., foie gras) to downhome southern classics (shrimp and cheese grits). Of course this being Florida, the freshest fish is available. Our favorite is still on the menu as they can't take if off: their chicken. For eonophiles the wine list is thankfully not over long, but a well selected spectrum of wines for all tastes. There is a wine pairing option available, too. No bargain 2-fer off-season pricing as here - folks come for fine dining. Yes, Mereday's is that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mereday'slegolfeurDined on 7/29/2014Wonderful, innovative food. Menu somewhat limiting, but overall a great experience. Service was impeccable although a bit of a tag team with two waiters for 3 diners! Wine list was expensive as can be expected in such a high end restaurant. But wines by the glass allowed us to sample a nice variety of wines. We did not select the food and wine pairing menu. I liked my selections better. Welcoming Maitre D'. I would go back there and would highly recommend it to all.Special Features:
- Mere dayspattiDined on 7/29/2014Frankly, we were disappointed. The food was good but there was nothing we would have considered outstanding. Our servers were very attentive. I don't think we will return. We have had better food for far less.Special Features:
- The following 243 reviews are from the Mereday's reviews archive.
- Very nice!CincydinersDined on 7/25/2014We had a chance to try a 3 course menu with wine pairings and truly enjoyed ourselves. Each dish was thoughtful, creative, unique, fresh and tasty. The servers, which seemed to work in a team were great - almost invisible, and never had to ask for a thing. Heartily recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.