1490 Fifth Ave South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.meredaysnaples.com/
- Phone: 2397320784x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5 p.m. -9 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Mereday
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mereday's
Mereday’s Fine Dining serves contemporary American cuisine based on the finest, freshest, often rarely-available ingredients sourced directly from artisan producers located world-over.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Mereday's - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Mereday's reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (45)fit for foodies (44)romantic (30)scenic view (22)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (8)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Dining PerfectionBGBLUECATVIPDined on 9/17/2014Beautiful presentations, great food, and friendly-efficient service. Scenic setting in the middle of a marina with water on 2 sides. The wine list is eclectic, with relatively high prices. I would have preferred to see a few more recognizable producers to get a point of reference on price. We had the wine pairing for $50, which seemed reasonable. One word of caution, if you are a 1st timer like us. Call them to get instruction of how to get into the garage, especially if there is inclement weather. If I was a local, this would definitely be a place that I would frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014The food and service were wonderful. One of the finest meals I have had in Naples since moving here in 1972. Would recommend with out reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll want to come back ever nightDensonDined on 9/9/2014Pricey, but every bite is worth it. I told my wife I would spend $500 for a dinner like this!! Oh and we are BIG foodies! Go and see for yourself!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014One of the best restaurants in Florida period. Service was excellent too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayTVIPDined on 9/6/2014In just over 1 year it has become one of the best restaurants in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!CorycDined on 9/3/2014Wow. The food and service was top notch. Choose the number of courses that you want and pair each course with your own wine selection or Mereday's. I can not wait to go back. Don't miss Mereday's. Naples has a true gem here!Special Features:
- Food Was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed the evening. Food is exceptional. Liked that you can select and mix courses.Special Features:
- MeredaysDined on 8/29/2014The difference between dining and eating out was defined by our experience on Thursday evening at Mereday's. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. Our waitstaff was very professional. I loved the decor, the colors and textures makes the room feel elegant, comfortable and welcoming. We will be back again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining!dc1marcoVIPDined on 8/28/2014We had a great experience at Meredays. First time and will be back. Looking forward to trying Alto as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service excel on quiet niteOphileDined on 8/26/2014We're told by some that Mereday's location and prices are not competitive with other 5th Ave establishments. They have a point on the location - not the easiest in or out, a bit confusing once in the underground garage, but a very attractive space and setting once there - but all-in prices are competitive with the best on 5th and beyond (i.e., $$$+), and the food and service excel. We haven't tried them all yet, but the best food we've found in Naples so far. We opted for wine pairings with each course and regretted no choices among the 5 dishes served between us(+dessert) but the escargot and creole shrimp were especially good. Only negative: the cheese plate dessert was lovely but I'm not sure it was worthy of a supplementary charge.Special Features:
- JayTVIPDined on 8/23/2014Although it is a little pricey, this is one of the best new restaurants in Naples. I strongly recommend it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014Hands down the best chicken dinner I've ever had, I wish I had some now. Beautiful spot!Special Features:
- Hotlips1Dined on 8/22/2014Have always been very proud to take friends here. Food has always been excellent and beautifully presented. Wine list is amazing and the pairings are very good.Special Features:
- Another Great ExperienceNaplesFoodieDined on 8/12/2014Dined again on Tuesday evening at Mereday's and had another spectacular dining experience. First rate people. First rate food.Special Features:
- Best Dinner in NaplesSlickNickDined on 8/8/2014The four course options are a great concept for dinner. It allows you to mix and match your courses. The muscells are amazing. The scallops are like butter and the filet melts in your mouth. Highly recommend this cozy trendy romantic spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Must GO!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014From the service to the food, this is one of the best in Naples, Florida. Our waiter Madison explained how each dish was prepared and paced our dinner perfectly.Special Features:
- Best Shrimp and grits everilenererDined on 8/2/2014Meredays is an interesting restaurant. There are rules to dining here and you won't like this place if you hate that. For example, you must have dessert. Originally, they called this a three four or five course menu, but now I believe it is two three or four courses because they have disguised the fact that dessert is a required course by stating it is complementary. So two courses (really three) is $55, and unless you choose to eat at the bar, that is the least you can spend per person even if one of those people is a seven year old. Perhaps because of all these extra rules, Mereday's isn't nearly as busy or crowded as one would expect with the caliber of food offered. Still, the food is stellar overall and the shrimp and grits superb.Special Features:
- One of the Very Best . . . Special!OhgeorgeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Chef Mereday has created a great dining experience in SWFla. The food is outstanding, young servers attentive and the water-front setting very attractive. Both indoor and outdoor seating options are available. Extensive menu features classis haute cuisine selections (e.g., foie gras) to downhome southern classics (shrimp and cheese grits). Of course this being Florida, the freshest fish is available. Our favorite is still on the menu as they can't take if off: their chicken. For eonophiles the wine list is thankfully not over long, but a well selected spectrum of wines for all tastes. There is a wine pairing option available, too. No bargain 2-fer off-season pricing as here - folks come for fine dining. Yes, Mereday's is that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mereday'slegolfeurDined on 7/29/2014Wonderful, innovative food. Menu somewhat limiting, but overall a great experience. Service was impeccable although a bit of a tag team with two waiters for 3 diners! Wine list was expensive as can be expected in such a high end restaurant. But wines by the glass allowed us to sample a nice variety of wines. We did not select the food and wine pairing menu. I liked my selections better. Welcoming Maitre D'. I would go back there and would highly recommend it to all.Special Features:
- Mere dayspattiDined on 7/29/2014Frankly, we were disappointed. The food was good but there was nothing we would have considered outstanding. Our servers were very attentive. I don't think we will return. We have had better food for far less.Special Features:
- Very nice!CincydinersDined on 7/25/2014We had a chance to try a 3 course menu with wine pairings and truly enjoyed ourselves. Each dish was thoughtful, creative, unique, fresh and tasty. The servers, which seemed to work in a team were great - almost invisible, and never had to ask for a thing. Heartily recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Evening!RetiredDined on 7/25/2014This was our first visit to Mereday's and were pleasantly surprised with the ambience, quality of food, etc. A lovely evening and we plan to go back to try the bar menu soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EthnicfoodieloverDined on 7/24/2014Outstanding roasted beets salad, visually very appealing with a superb mixture of flavored textures ! Shrimp dish was powerful in flavor. Dessert was not up to par, with a somewhat dry carrot cake, though flavor was nice. Service was very good with good recommendations by Thomas. Unclear why I was seated at a corner table without a view as the restaurant was essentially empty throught my dinner. Overall very good dining! I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOnewholovestocookandeatDined on 7/23/2014Just fabulous !! Everything about this fine dining establishment is 5 star. The pastry chef is incredible with the rolls and desserts soooo delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencejBuckerooDined on 7/18/2014Exquisite food, and comparable prices. Every dish was distinctive and delicious. It's hard to finish three courses, and then be presented with an incredibly rich dessert. Service was very attentive but not overbearing. I would strongly recommend they scallops and the pappardle carbonara. Personally we did not enjoy the complex in which the restaurant is located but thats a subjective observationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ultimate in fine dining.ILovetoDineOutDined on 7/12/2014Choose from a 2 to 4 course meal. Amazing wine pairings served with each course. The service was like none I've ever experienced, just amazing. This is definitely a step above most fine dining experiences I have had! Will definitely be returning to Mereday's on my next visit!Special Features:
- Best In NaplesMillsy993Dined on 7/5/2014A+. Great Dinner. The shrimp and grits is one of the best menu items I've ever eaten. Escargot was a great dish, not too much garlic. Remember to save room. The desserts are heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service ruined outstanding foodDeeLCDined on 7/1/2014Our group was excited to try this restaurant after reading the cover story on Charles Mereday in Gulfshore Life Magazine. The food- some of the best we have had in Naples and we eat out A LOT. But the waiter - one of the worst. Inattentive and sarcastic. We had brought a special bottle of wine & he made a flip comment about it, then failed to open it and disappeared. The bartender saw us trying to find him so he came over and opened the wine and went through the menu with us (A Prix Fixe) since our waiter had failed to do that as well. Later when we had ordered another bottle of wine, the waiter told us if we needed more glasses, we could take them from the empty tables around us! We will definitely be back, but will ask for another server.Special Features:
- Dining SupremacyTonyVIPDined on 6/28/2014How lucky we are to have such a beautiful restaurant and talented staff. Tasting menu is fantastic with detail to each selection exceeding our expectation. Thank you Chef Charles and all your staff for once again a great expierence. Anthony & Sonia SouliaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night despite the rain!ladymarlinDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. The menu was varied and the wine pairings were good. We were not rushed with our dinner and were encouraged to linger over coffee. Was pricey but worth it to us.Special Features:
- Meredays PhenomenalDragonmommaDined on 6/25/2014By far the best overall dining experience in Naples, FL. From the ease of reservations on Open Table to Madison the waiter and both chefs who prepared all courses of the meal perfectly and with several adjustments due to medical restrictions. Will definitely go again and again. Bar looks nice enough to stop by on a weekend afternoon for food and beverage.Special Features:
- A truly wonderful eveningDaveWilsonVIPDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner outside as we sat by the water. We chose two courses plus desert and the wine pairing. Escargot was exquisite and a generous serving. The seared foie gras perfectly prepared. The service was attentive and charming. We will certainly be back and soon.Special Features:
- How much is that?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014I found the pricing to be very strange. There are 5 courses on the menu. You pay based upon the number of courses. Courses 1 and 2 are appetizers, course 3 is slightly larger than an appetizer portion, course 4 is a very small entree portion and course 5 is dessert. You get charged based on the number of courses that you have, whether they are an appetizer or entree or dessert. It comes out to $20 for dessert. It seems a little outrageous. The food was excellent but the service was just ok.Special Features:
- Best in NaplesJohnVIPDined on 6/13/2014Mereday's is able to combine the best in imaginative and quality food, all in a beautiful, scenic atmosphere with spot on service. Attention to detail is evident in all aspects of this gem of a place. The kitchen is open so you can view the creator-chef Charles Mereday. The menu is eclectic with possibly a lean to French cuisine. The wine list shows a moderate breath of old and new world wines. The desserts, included in your choice of 2, 3 or 4 course selections are fantastic. Also, the quality to cost ratio is excellent. A must for fine dining in Naples.Special Features:
- KathyDined on 6/12/2014Outstanding in all aspects. One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in.Special Features:
- Inventive and sophisticatedparticularDined on 6/1/2014Cuisine is excellent and service to match -makes for a very enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience in NaplesMR34108VIPDined on 5/30/2014A wonderful experience with the best food we have had in Naples in a couple of years. Take note all other restaurant owners in Naples! We have been telling everyone we know about our dining experience. The menu makes it hard to chose when you want everything on it. Great wine list with many of my French regional favorites. Thank you Chef Mereday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER Disappointed!Naples1VIPDined on 5/27/2014This was probably our 10th time eating at Mereday's since they opened last summer. We are always thrilled to be there. They have never failed to deliver exceptional service and fabulous food! The food and wine pairings are wonderful! It's not just that we are "regulars" either - they treat every table well! Living in Naples full time now, we've made our way around to MANY restaurants. Some are very, very good, but, there is just nothing to compare to what Charles Mereday has done here.Special Features:
- The following 223 reviews are from the Mereday's reviews archive.
- Excellent place to eat.vickiDined on 5/17/2014We ate outside next to the water...very nice. I am a light eater, and basically you have to order at least three courses. So I took most of the entree home. That's ok, but basically you are forced to order more than some people can eat. That said, the food was outstanding. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Wait staff was also very good.Special Features:
- WonderfulLuvtodineDined on 5/15/2014Mere day's definitely exceeded our expectations. Well trained staff and best rolls I have ever had. DON'T miss the rolls - would have even been good for dessert.Special Features: