300 S. Thayer
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mercysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7349963729
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 4:30-6:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian, International
- Executive Chef: Miguel Leal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Parties up to 150 people. Wedding site available.
- Entertainment: Wi-Fi Hot Spot, and TV. Live music on Thursdays, September - May, and by arrangement.
A word from Mercy's
A uniquely inspired dining experience with a contemporary environment, in the Bell Tower Hotel. Private room available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mercy's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Too badbigggDined on 5/17/2014Too bad that Mercy's has gone out of business. The host and hostess were charming on their last night and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Misleading Menu DescriptiontkrkDined on 5/10/2014We ate here because of a DoubleTakeDeals voucher, which we showed to the waitress upon seeing her and were assured that there was no problem using it. One of the items we ordered was called 'Endless Snow Crab Legs', described as something like 'all you can eat' crab legs. The waitress said nothing when we ordered this item. However, when we asked for a second helping, she said that it was not allowed because we were using the voucher. Even though the voucher has no such specific restrictions, we did not dispute this sudden limit. We felt that it would have been a fair and respectable dealing had we been informed of this limit upon ordering the menu item!
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014I have had dinner and drinks/appetizers at Mercy's on numerous occasions previously. Have always enjoyed the experience overall. On our recent graduation weekend dinner with friends, we all had delicious entrees, lovely cocktails, and attentive service. The room was active but not too loud and our booth provided privacy. All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Too many other good places to eat.MichDined on 5/2/2014We loved the location on U of M campus in the old Bell Tower Hotel. The menu was very limited and the choices that were available seemed strange to us (bone marrow appetizer). We all settled on the ribeye for a main course. Each one was very under done. Sent them back to the kitchen and still didn't seem to be any more cooked. They also had a lot of gristle. I spent 5 minutes try to find a piece that I didn't end up having to spit out. The drinks took a long time to come even though there weren't many people, they were great when they arrived. The waiter told us he would bring bread when we ordered our dinner but it didn't arrive until half way through our meal. The French French fries were awesome and the decor was great.
- Fabulous find!MaryVIPDined on 4/18/2014Was looking on line for a restaurant I'd never been to. My husband and I tried it out....incredible food and service. I had the pork shank that just fell off the bone. The deviled eggs were like none I've ever had. The menu is very Eurasian. If you've never been....go quickly because they will be closing there doors on May 17. Seems because the restaurant is in a historical building, the restaurant cannot put a sign on the street. I went around the block twice trying to find the place. I did meet the chef (K.C.) and got his info so I'll know where he goes from here. He is a creative and talented chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant but comfortableTeddDined on 4/13/2014Upscale atmosphere; attentive service; excellent food; ideal before theater or concertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concentrate on the food.AudreyAragonDined on 4/12/2014Attentive and pleasant staff. Food could use some work. The duck was delicious but the accompanying vegetable was a slightly wilted pile of unseasoned spinach leaves. Love spinach but definitely needed salt, pepper and maybe a little lemon or touch of vinegar. Dessert was unnecessarily delayed because whipped cream couldn't be prepared? The menu is quite limited. I would expect the kitchen should be able to handle it. I will give the restaurant a try again in hopes it was a fluke as the ambience and service was good. Oh! Twinkling lights in window date the decor and should be rethought, especially when part of the lights were not working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my fourth or fifthRegularJoeVIPDined on 4/12/2014This was my fourth or fifth time dining at Mercy's and while the food was excellent and the service was acceptable, the condition of the restaurant's restrooms was particularly bad. Partitions were coming off the walls, 50% of toilets and sinks were marked as out of order and it stank like a gas station rest room. I felt like I needed to shower when I emerged.
- Excellent food and service.annarborfoodieVIPDined on 3/26/2014Excellent food and service. Good luck to Mercy and Steve as they move on to their next chapter.Special Features:
- Exceptional eatsLooking4gemsVIPDined on 3/26/2014This restaurant is a gem. The foodie amazing and the service exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger!RetiredpamVIPDined on 2/25/2014Mercy's has consistent great service and food. My husband and I go just for their hamburgers...they are the best in the area as far as we are concerned.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as always!RebeccaDined on 2/20/2014I was dazzled by the high quality and low price of drinks and appetizers during Happy Hour. This is a nice way to enjoy Mercy's on a weeknight at an affordable price,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, But Not in a Bad WayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2014If I call Mercy's "reliable" it sounds like an insult. However, what I mean is that everything comes out the way you'd expect it to. The food isn't cold, it tastes like it's supposed to, the service is good -- in every way, it seemed that we got what we thought we should. I asked the waiter to help me decide between two items and he was helpful in his honest opinion about which dish would be more appropriate to what I was looking to eat (I hate it when waiters say that "it's all good, here!). If I were to have a business meal or want to take someone out on a romantic meal, on a meal where I want everything to be good and to have peace of mind on this, I would definitely pick Mercy's.Special Features:
- The food was fairly good butOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/16/2014The food was fairly good but the service was impossibly slow. The restaurant is usually not open on Sunday nights but they opened to accommodate an after concert crowd. They obviously did not have enough kitchen and wait staff and we waited for our dinner for well over an hour. We will not be returning to Mercy's.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014There was a minor miscommunication it seemed, and our chicken wings came out sauced instead of having the sauce on the side, which was difficult for my partner to eat because the sauce was spicy. Our server was extremely kind about the issue and fixed it immediately. He was pleasant and he was professional. Overall, it was an excellent experience. Perfect place for our Valentine's day.Special Features:
- Great Place to DineEdsonjaVIPDined on 2/14/2014My first time at Mercy's. The food and service was excellent, but the place needed some updates. Pet peeve of mine is restaurant bathrooms...if the bathroom is clean and in order then I feel everything else is too...well their bathrooms needed updated,repaired and better cleaning. Besides all that, there was free Valet parking which was great. Food was prepared beautifully and tastefully. Great place for a romantic dinner. Prices were reasonable for the quality of food they serve. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Solid performanceShap56Dined on 2/8/2014Great staff and a very comfortable setting. Tables are spaced out very nicely so you don't feel like you part of someone else's party. Food was very good. Pork Belly appetizer was more like pork roast but tasty. Beet salad was excellent and both of our entrees were very good. We thought the meal was a good value.Special Features:
- Delicious!EMKA2Dined on 2/4/2014I went with a group of friends, and we were all pleased with our orders. I had duck breast, caesar salad, and creme caramel. All were delicious. My only quibble is that the waiter said the duck was normally prepared medium rare, but my serving seemed more like rare. Fortunately, I like it either way, so this is not a complaint. Our waiter, Matt, was outstanding. He was around just the right frequency, neither too often nor too rarely. Mercy's is not inexpensive, but it's worth the price for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the showJanBDined on 2/1/2014We had dinner here before the Folk Festival. Our waiter made sure we got to the show on time without sacrificing anything about the great meal -- much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend itCaj3Dined on 2/1/2014Everything was really great about this restaurant - with the exception that the service was SLIGHTLY slow. Food a fabulous, Setting and Ambiance was something I ha not expected. Highly recommend. They also took care of a special request for a member in wheel chair. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Offerings!pickymeDined on 1/31/2014Mercy's has gotten better than ever. We loved the new brussel sprouts appetizer, the mussels, fresh catch of the day was excellent trout with a fresh spinach side that set off the flavors perfectly. We had an early curtain too and the service was timely yet gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour + Live Jazz ThursdaysA2FoodwFriendsDined on 1/30/2014A great place to catch up with friends after work over drinks and lots of tasty appetizers. Don't miss the crispy brussels sprouts with sweet cherries! The live jazz duet makes Thursdays special (6-7:30).Special Features:
- ScrumptiousMeggieDined on 1/29/2014Best meal yet and thats saying something since that food here is alway fantastic. I had the GF lamb shank which was deep in flavor and falling off the bone. They were very happy to substitute the dairy item on the plate with sweet potato for my allergy. Partner had the whole fried trout, again amazing with fresh thyme and lemon in the cavity. They are so good to folks with food allergies, it has been a life saver for me. Oh and I almost forgot to mention the deep fried chickpeas as a munchies in place of the bread, SO GOOD OMG. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPYSpecial Features:
- Terrible FoodAZGOLFERVIPDined on 1/26/2014The food has got progressively worse since I visited the restaurant a few years back to the point that food was sooooo salty I stopped eating after 2 bites. I would not go back or recommend it to anyone.
- A really popular "before theMichaelSfromMichiganDined on 1/25/2014A really popular "before the theater" dinner place in Ann Arbor. Very crowded and noisy on the night of a show, but the service and food were wonderful. Will be back again!Special Features:
- Real busy Saturday nighthillaryDined on 1/25/2014The place was packed, but the staff and kitchen did their best and accommodated us, giving us time to get to our concert after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We opted to try Mercy's foronceDined on 1/17/2014We opted to try Mercy's for Restaurant Week. We were not given bread plates (but recieved bread), my appetizer arrived fried as opposed to steamed (as the waiter had recommended) and the salmon was bland with unseasonsed white rice and overcooked red/yellow peppers. The dish had no cohesion other than they arrived on the same plate. The ambiance was not sophisticated with framed posters and old carpet. Then, the coat rack system was pretty sad- the little paper markers probably cost $2 for a pack of 100, but they had re-written the numbers on the tags so many times, they could not identify the number. We were underwhelmed and will not be returning.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2014We had a lovely dinner from the restaurant week menu. The grilled pork belly with kimchi was excellent. The turkey dumplings were okay -- nothing special. My husband had the onion soup, and it was very flavorful. I had the coconut curry soup, and it was quite good, although I think it could have been a bit more balanced. For the main course, my husband got the ribeye. It was an incredibly generous portion and cooked perfectly. I hesitated before ordering the gnocchi because the last time I ordered gnocchi at another restaurant they were gooey and awful. The gnocchi at Mercy's restored my love of gnocchi. They were light little pillows of goodness with lots of butternut squash and mushrooms. We will definitely be going back to Mercy's.Special Features:
- LoverlyhillaryDined on 1/4/2014We had a great meal the other night at Mercy's. Because we were worried about the snow, we went to an afternoon movie and then to an early dinner afterwards. Mercy's was quiet (it was early), but we were met with enthusiam by the staff and they were extremely helpful with wine choices We had potstickers and the beet salad for starters; linguini with clams and gnocchi for our main courses. Sorry I don't remember exactly the names of the dishes. Everything was excellent as was the coffee at the end. Had a wonderful dinner and great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasure to your palletfoodiesDined on 12/31/2013We happened to go there for a 4 course meal on new years eve. The menu was fabulous. the food was delicious. The combinations of flavors were amazing. Needless to say we had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but pricey!DigitalchipDined on 12/31/2013Food and drinks were great. Service was on top of their game. Food was a little pricey though, we might go for happy hour next time and just try some of the appetizers.Special Features:
- Service was impeccable, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013Service was impeccable, and it is a lovely place for a meal. I assumed the lack of diners in the restaurant the night we were there could be blamed on the snow and hazardous travel conditions. While my partner's fish special was delicious, my bouillabaisse was a bit too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great restaurantMartieDined on 12/13/2013This is a great restaurant convenient to Hill Auditorium. The menu is interesting and the food delicious and beautifully presented. The ambiance is upscale, but friendly. The noise level was a little high the last time I dined there. The wait staff is aware of serving customers in a timely manner for attending performances. I would recommend Mercy's whether or not attending a performance at Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too loudLinneaDined on 12/5/2013Mercy's is well located for theatre goers. We had eaten at the previous restaurant at that location and were looking forward to an intimate evening with friends. Unfortunately, conversation was difficult as it was very loud, which brought the mood down. Our waiter was pleasant and we were greeted by a lovely hostess. I would go back again for the food if they did something to remedy the noise level but until then, we'll dine elsewhere.
- Our waiter Matt was Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2013Our waiter Matt was Terrific! He really knew what he what he was serving!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!AlyssaDined on 11/29/2013We had a couple of appetizers - Korean pork belly and the dumplings - which were absolutely delicious, along with our entrees. I had the gnocchi and my husband had the steak frites - I also tried some of the clam linguine from another person at our table, which was fantastic. I would love to come back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner WinnerMunchetteDined on 11/23/2013My husband and I had dinner at Mercy's last night. We had the walleye special, which was very good. I like their bread, and we split a salad, also tasty. The only thing that missed the mark a bit was the dessert. For some reason, we had to wait quite awhile to get it so I figured they would be baking the brownie for the brownie/ice cream combo. The brownie was room temperature and not overly generous for an $8 charge. I would check out another dessert in the future.Special Features:
- An excellent meal with goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013An excellent meal with good service. We were able to book at short notice at a busy time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food better than ever!pickymeDined on 11/2/2013We have always loved the ambiance, & warm welcome at Mercy's. We are very appreciative of the new chefs talents & the way the menu has been redesigned to fit the way folks eat now. Our crowd loves being able to share the tasty appetizers & then select either a small plate or large plate according to our personal needs. We find the portion sizes continue to be generous even in the small plates & the gourmet touches of seasoning, sauces & sides are of a consistently delicious quality no matter which category you are choosing from. The last two times we took a group there everyone was thrilled with their selections. My husband &I also enjoy stopping in, sitting at the bar, sharing an appetizer & some of their excellent cocktails too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu is varied enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2013The menu is varied enough so that there are many choices. My dinner was very good, but others in my party were not as pleased with their entrees. The night's special, for example, turned out to be a very small portion. We were going to a concert after dinner, and our waiter, after several reminders, made sure that we were served with enough time to have dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.