Mercy Wine Bar
5100 Belt Line Rd
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Mercy Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mercywinebar.com/
- Phone: 9727029463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Continental
- Executive Chef: Juan Capp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Enjoying good food and wine is all about sharing the experience. Let us help make your experience unforgettable. Mercy has a catering menu available and we invite you to let us prepare something unique for your next gathering.
- Private Party Facilities: Mercy's romantic atmosphere makes it the perfect place for a memorable wedding reception or rehearsal dinner. If you're entertaining clients or planning an event for your corporate team, impress your guests with an educational and fun evening of wine tasting. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, girls' nights out - whatever you're celebrating, we at Mercy hope you'll celebrate it with us. Our event planner will assist you with all aspects of your party, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy yourself!
- Private Party Contact: Vincent Havard or Mike Castagne 9727029463
- Entertainment: Mercy offers complimentary live entertainment on Saturday beginning at 9 pm. Vocal and acoustic acts are showcased, each with their own style of entertainment.
A word from Mercy Wine Bar
Our major focus is on wine, so the food at Mercy is smaller portions and meant to compliment the wine. Food and wine pairing is a key focus for us. Wines and food can taste very different when paired in different combinations. Our food is served in smaller portions called "Plates." We encourage you to try several different items and pair them with different wines. Many items are meant to be shared and passed around, more family style. The dining experience is much more European, where you try a few things in smaller portions with different wines. We'd be more than happy to help you through the selection process.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Mercy Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Mercy Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (51)romantic (44)special occasion (27)late-night find (23)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (18)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (7)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Wine Find!Top10VIPDined on 9/16/2014The owner's concept here is to locate unique and unusual wines-they hit it on the head! They served up a fantastic Mettler Zinfindel which I did not know existed-it was the best, reasonable, and I think I can find it online. The food is fantastic also-a must try is the salmon, and the hummus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the atmosphere!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I saw reviews about Mercy Wine and I wanted to check it out. I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was dim lit with soft music playing which was perfect for a date. I went on a Monday evening so it was really quiet. The food was outstanding! This place is known for their wine so I was hoping for a waitress with a little more knowledge. But even still, I had a great time and will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommend!!Repeat4sureDined on 9/12/2014Loved this place, and thoroughly enjoy the music nights they have - from eclectic through jazz to easy listening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening with friendswineluvDined on 9/12/2014Appetizers were good and the wine list is impressive. They have a great happy hour deal on wines.Special Features:
- Good FindNikhDined on 9/6/2014Nice place. Wish the hosts were more accommodative with regards to seating options. We were made to sit right in front of the reception where all other guests passed us. Other than that the wine list was extensive and the food list was nice . Could have had more options on the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014This was the first time dining at Mercy and we all loved the experience. I had asked for the private room upstairs and they accommodated the request. Our server was very attentive and made sure we had a good time.Special Features:
- good wine and food; lousy servicedjhdjhVIPDined on 9/5/2014Four of us met for a Friday evening visit. We waiting 15 minutes and still no one had taken our wine order. I finally flagged down who I assumed was the manager, asked if he could tell us who our waiter was and he just pointed to someone across the room. We were finally served. Food is good and although a bit noisy for serious conversation, it is a fun place. Decline in service over past couple of years is disappointing though.Special Features:
- Perfect Date Nightjsanch220Dined on 9/3/2014This is a perfect place for a date: music, great wine list, and romantic ambiance. I highly recommend for your next date night!Special Features:
- Great find!BelomorVIPDined on 9/3/2014Loved the ambiance, the food, service, wine and live music on Wednesday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good, Service HorriblelilgemDined on 8/30/2014Guy who took reservation Rude!! Party of 7 - why would you offer up your LEAST experience server to a table of foodies? I go here often - food is good, however Saturday night we had horrible service while trying to entertain out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Ordinary HeretennisfanDined on 8/22/2014What a nice surprise to find this restaurant after all these years... I understand they've been in business more than 10 years (which says a LOT in the competitive restaurant business), and somehow I've missed it. Well, all I can say is WOW. Great server, very calming atmosphere but still has great energy - sophisticated space, great food, and the server was excellent at suggesting wine pairings with the different courses. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Great find on a weary tripehoeyVIPDined on 8/20/2014I enjoyed the staff, the food was excellent, and the wine was wonderful. I wish I had a place like this where I live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeten10Dined on 8/16/2014Second time I've been there. Great food, good wine, great service. Our waiter knew everything about menu and wine. This will be a stop we make every time we visit our son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!Btip11Dined on 8/9/2014Went there for my girlfriends birthday and we had a great time. The food was good the service was outstanding. They really know their wine. We will definitely keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!lorilea123Dined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our anniversary on a Saturday night. We arrived early and were seated immediately in our favorite spot. The service was excellent and the food delicious! We have been to Mercy Wine Bar on several occasions and will definitely return!Special Features:
- Great Place for a dateMilitarydaveDined on 8/8/2014Went out on a date for the first time in a long time. Made reservations via OpenTable and everything was all set upon arrival. However, I requested a table next to a window and was put in the corner by the restroom(s). Otherwise, nice environment, mood lighting, food was great. Parking is a bit of a hassle as there are serveral other venues in the area and Valet is NOT complimentary.Special Features:
- Dustin is MercyOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/8/2014Dustin was great and new the Menue very well about everythingSpecial Features:
- Caprese Salad Best in Town!Top10VIPDined on 8/4/2014Start with great tomatoes, then infuse them a really great balsamic vinegar, and fresh mozzarella! We will be back to try this again, and other offerings here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem! Great ambiance & foodJustMeDined on 8/2/2014I'm so glad we found this place. We will be back. Can't wait to share this with my friends and future nights out with my husband. Great ambiance -- lots of cozy nooks, comfy couches, and tables. Great to go with a date or a group. Live music was wonderful when we were there. You could still talk with the music playing. Wine list was extensive (although not many choices for sweet wine lovers). Food was wonderful, appropriately sized (not ridiculously large portions) and not outrageously priced. Staff was knowledgeable and checked back enough times but not too much to be annoying. Decor throughout the dining/drinking area was very inviting. Decor in the bathroom was well, interesting. ;) It was fine, just odd for this kind of a place.Special Features:
- Great winemekeDined on 8/2/2014Waiter knew more about wine than most sommeliers and recommended a fantastic wine that we'd never tried.Special Features:
- Perfect Romantic Date SpotValeighDined on 8/1/2014My first experience with this restaurant was a first date and I was not disappointed. The lighting and ambience provide a romantic atmosphere. The waiter was knowledgable and friendly. The food was amazing and the wine of course. If you are a wine lover you will love this place. Overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mercy Wine BarCarolineVIPDined on 7/23/2014I enjoy meeting business people there for lunch. It is usually their first visit. They are always surprised and enjoy the food. JD there is a terrific waiter and always makes us feel like we are the only ones in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a special placePresleyDined on 7/19/2014We are so happy to have discovered this special place - after 2 Saturday evenings spent in this very special setting - we know this is a consistently good place for WONDERFUL music, GREAT wine, AMAZING Food - it was just really a perfect 10 for us - both times. My husband who travels internationally every week - said that he fees like he is not in Dallas - the restaurant just has a very European feel to it without appearing to try to hard - it just all comes together to be such a great place. Thank you Mercy for the wonderful service and all the care that goes into giving customers such a great experience - PS - the grilled cheese is truly to die for!~Special Features:
- Great experienceAlgroomDined on 7/18/2014My husband came here as an impulse and we're so glad we did. It was a perfect place for a romantic date. We had the pate, blackened tuna, and bruschetta, which were all delicious. Great wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeAmaKDined on 7/16/2014The Italian menu is authentic and well prepared. On certain nights they have a live band and the wine list is extensive. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Over priced. Too noisy.x123ghfty684lllh88Dined on 7/10/2014The food was good, but not great. The menu was a-la-carte, so to get anything other than the main course, such as salmon or steak, it was a separate order and a separate charge. The dining area is relatively small and VERY noisy. My date and I had to practically yell at each other to have a conversation. The noise was by far the worst part of the experience. I will not be going again.Special Features:
- PHENOMINAL!!!TheBrockDined on 7/8/2014Came here on a First-Date night with an amazing woman. We both loved everything. We were offered a very romantic couch and table upstairs once the hostess realized we were on our first date. Her four-cheese and pear pasta was insanely delicious and the filet mingon I ordered was superb. I highly recommend ordering a cheese plate for your appetizer. It's a great snack, provides for some conversation, and won't fill you up before your dinner arrives. Ambiance of where we sat was amazing. We had a really amazing night and dinner at Mercy was a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine Bar and RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014Great Wine Bar and Restaurant! Very romantic hot spot. Awesome food, live music on Saturdays (wish it was Wed-Sat however), great wine and great service. Full menu not just cheese plates. Had roasted crusted halibut and filet mignon with sides. Always great dinners there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014awesome live music, great food, wine and service. wine prices a little steep.Special Features:
- Great Wine SectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014This please offers a great wine selection and excellent food. We have actually gone back a couple of times and the service/food has been consistent and reasonable.Special Features:
- Good place for couples and groups!Texas4meDined on 6/11/2014While the service was "okay" the food, wine selection and ambiance were very nice. What a find for a girlfriend wine/cheese spot -- and for a romantic evening with your better half. Located in a highly dense restaurant area where chains are prevalent -- MERCY is a different place for those who don't want your standard chain.Special Features:
- The following 526 reviews are from the Mercy Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Great lunch placeSusanVIPDined on 5/23/2014need to renovate the inside dining and make it brighter and more contemporary so the food tastes better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014My husband and I got there around 630 to our delight it was still Happy Hour , great wine selection by the glass at half price which was indeed very nice. We also had something to eat, they food was not bad ,they atmosphere was lovely. Our waitress was very helpful with regard to wine selections and very friendly .All in all a lovely evening we would definitely go back . One of the best wine places in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014My husband and I went to Mercy for his birthday. Their happy hour wine list was great, especially for $5. We also got a cheese plate with 3 cheeses that our server paired for us. All were excellent! The only negative is that we were planning on eating dinner as well, but our server came back by well after we were done with our cheese and wine, so we decided not to order dinner. Great atmosphere and knowledge of servers, but they could have been a little better about checking on our status. A little bit of a let down for what we hoped would be a romantic birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular serviceMindcrusher1376VIPDined on 5/13/2014Steven was our server and he gave great recommendations of wine and brought out tastes of others that he thought we may like based on our selections. I was a little underwhelmed by the cheese plate because the amount of cheese seemed a little wimpy and the crackers were a bit lame. But the rest of our food was perfect. The steak and salmon were cooked perfectly. I think some of the furniture is in need of an update but the service, food and wine more than made up for ambiance.Special Features:
- good happy hour!kay29VIPDined on 5/10/2014they have great happy hour, salads, and cheese plates!Special Features:
- Hidden gemFoodaholicVIPDined on 4/29/2014This is a lovely, quaint spot which is perfect for an intimate meal amongst friends, co-workers, business clients, etc. I enjoyed my experience and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Cheese & Wine SpotSeafoodGuyVIPDined on 4/26/2014I enjoyed the ambience, location, and wide selection of wines and cheeses. It was an excellent time for all types of people. If you're looking for a large city wine spot...this is it. Give the a try.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!Top10VIPDined on 4/25/2014The service was great for lunch and the food was equally good! The salads are great with either salmon or tuna!Special Features:
- No whininghal52VIPDined on 4/24/2014The place is a wine bar and the wine is where they shine the most. The servers are knowledgeable and efficient. The food is medium level but they try hard and always have new and interesting specials. So go for the wine but enjoy a nosh; after all you have to drive home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.