301 Main Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Downtown
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fortworthchophouse.com/
- Phone: (817) 336-4129
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am- 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Ward
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: We cater special events, please contact Stephanie Guidry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private available.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Guidry 8173364129
- Special Events: We cater special events, please contact Stephanie Guidry at email@example.com
A word from Mercury Chophouse
The Mercury Chophouse incorporates a relaxed New York City style ambience with a unique fine dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Mercury Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Downtown ›
Mercury Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (26)special occasion (22)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- wonderful, clubby steakhouseHoufoodieDined on 11/7/2014Great food, service and ambience. Perfect place to celebrate or for a romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but TastyCultureMavensVIPDined on 11/5/2014Was in the mood for a good steak or chop, so went to Mercury on our first visit. Found there were more appetizers than entree listings. The steaks were pricey and include no sides....ala Mortons. Was looking for veal chops, but none to be found on the menu. We were there early but the service was still slow. Probably wont be going back.Special Features:
- AwfulAwfulDined on 10/15/2014Service was a nightmare. The table next to us, guests came in 25 minutes later than us, got served and left before our food was served. Out if 3 meals all 3 wore not edible because they were over cooked. Pork chops dry, salmon dry and over salted. Lamb chops dry , tough due to over cooking. We will never return.
- Such a DisappointmentMegPhilDined on 10/11/2014My review was too long so I put it on Yelp. Needless to say, this dining experience was awful. Bad food; tacky patrons.
- quality food return againtheguythatorderedasteakVIPDined on 10/11/2014the service felt extremely slow and the waiter was kinda of rude. I've been to some nicer places and not had the poor service but the meal was tremendous.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/10/2014The steak and lamb was not that good. The service was good but for the price, the food was disappointing.
- Biz LunchDavidVIPDined on 10/10/2014If your looking for a quiet place to talk and conduct business, this is the place.Special Features:
- 1st time thereDebbieDined on 10/4/2014My husband & I tried this restaurant for our anniversary dinner. We were greeted by the hostess and asked to wait in the bar. The short time we were there no one asked us if we wanted anything to drink. Once seated we were greeted by 2 of the waitstaff. The crab cake, beef/vegetable soup and steak (filet) were very good. My husband ordered the lamb shank and he stated that while it was good, it was cold in some places. I had ordered a glass of the house Cabernet and I thought the waitress said the name had the word Stone in it but I forgot so today I called the restaurant to find out the name and was given another name so I'm at a loss as to the name of the wine I was served. Overall our visit was very good and we will consider returning.Special Features:
- Lackluster servicebowlftwDined on 9/26/2014For an upscale steakhouse, I expected better service. No wine recommendations for our order, did not bring all four plates at the same time and the manager did not visit our table. Food was average. Pork chops were over cooked so we sent them back. Then the second plate was rare. Someone in our party of four said we should have gone to Reata. Next time we will! One good item was the steak bruschetta appetizer.Special Features:
- BIZ LUNCHDavidVIPDined on 9/25/2014Good place to meet clients for lunch. Fairly quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Let Your Customers WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014I was seated promptly, but then sat for close to ten minutes before being approached by wait staff. Many had passed me by, but none stopped. The waitress that sat me then took it upon herself to wait on me and she was excellent. I dined from the Groupon menu which included a salad, main entree, and dessert. Each were served in a timely manner and each tasted great. I'll be returning but hopefully by then they'll have table responsibility worked out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MCH ReviewDavidVIPDined on 9/16/2014Business lunch here makes sense. A quiet place to talk & hear. So many places are so loud one can hardly hear your guest. This one is very quiet so you can do business comfortably.Special Features:
- Lamb Shank to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My wife ordered the lamb shank, which literally cell off the bone and melted in your mouth. A great restaurant. Our waiter was decent, but was very disinterested in us as customers. That was the only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was average for the expensive pricing. Probably would not go back.
- Not Worth the $$$DisappointedinftwDined on 9/1/2014Way overpriced! The place was empty, service was so slow, and they were out of several menu items. We had a piece of tuna that was so covered in large ground pepper that we couldn't eat it!! Mac n cheese looked and tasted like it came grime a box. $10 side of standard corn. $400 and 3 hours later ... We left very disappointed!! Will not be back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014food was good. the service, I was expecting more. Hopefully people who eat from the regular menu get better service.
- Going Againfoodie2Dined on 8/24/2014Our first time there and will be going back. The meal was great and the service excellent. Great atmosphere. Will be telling friends about the MercurySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow serviceBUvTechDined on 8/23/2014I would have given this restaurant a higher rating but the service was incredibly slow.Special Features:
- Terrible2badDined on 8/23/2014Waiter was rude, food not done, lamb very grisly. We can mark this one off out list as to Never go there again. The valet was the high point of the evening!
- What happened to this restaurant?LoveFoodDined on 8/23/2014Probably the worst meal I have ever had & it used to be excellent... Restaurant week, if you are not going to serve food you do well, don't join in this kind of week - as I will never go back now. Awful service, brought cold appetizer (should have been warm), salad good, wrong main course and tough... switched out to another wrong - 3rd one, I gave up... it was full of gristle and had to just stop eating... wine was good....
- Disappointingfoodie44Dined on 8/22/2014We have eaten here multiple times. So disappointed. My salad was room temp, not that appealing. No wine til after salad course complete and we had a change of waiters mid meal which was fine as the first one was a jerk.
- Very good!!kembessosDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our meals very much..... but the peach cobbler was one of the best I've every had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Find During Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014I had never tried Mercury Chophouse, but was pleased to see them featured during Restaurant Week. Could have improved the service, but they were busy, so it was completely understandable.
- Great Food and ServiceAnvdinnerDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner. The food was excellent and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Our first time to mercury chophouse. Service was excellent but I didn't catch his name. He was very attentive and knowledgable of the menu. I had the flounder,much to my surprise the sauce on it definitely had an afterburn to it.(myfault for not asking what the sauce was). The hubby's strip steak was a little tough but still delicious. Let me tell you that peach cobbler for dessert was to die for. That could've been a 3course meal itself. We'll be back again I'm sure.Special Features:
- Great NightFtwroperDined on 8/16/2014Went for restaurant week and they offered a nice and varied menu for it from steak to seafood for $35 each. Also, offered an add-on wine pairing to go with the 3 courses for $50. All in all it was a nice night with delicious food at a reduced price to try the Mercury Chophouse. I gave it only 4 stars for service ONLY because they don't have a hostess to greet you, and takes way to long for anyone to recognize you as a guest, and he appears to be the manager or assistant manager. But while he's chatting up the seated guests, those who come through the door wait 10+ minutes to be recognized. Also, the restaurant was full, but service was still prompt and courteous. Be advised that the atmosphere is very nice, but loud inside when full.Special Features:
- Poor Servicejustwantanicemeal13Dined on 8/16/2014Reservation was at 7:30. Arrived at 7:33 with no open tables. They said sorry, lot of walk ins. Little skeptical. So my date and I sat at the bar. After 10-15 minutes a table was ready so we were shown to be seated, but were stopped by the bartender trying to cash us out. That proceeded to take another five minutes as she was busy with other customers. After we were sat, it took 20 minutes until we had our order in. (were ready in 3). After our order was in two tables were sat in our section with the same server and they both had salads on the table before we did. It took quite a while between courses. We didn't get of there til 10:30. It seemed as though our young age and casual attire may have been the reason for such subpar service.
- corgimomDined on 8/16/2014The service in the bar was chaotic. When we were seated at our table, the service was deplorable. It took forever to get even glasses of water. The food was cold when served, and we got our silverware after the food. One of the wine glasses had 2 chips in it. We were celebrating an anniversary and birthday, and it was such an unpleasant evening.
- Restaurant weekNewbyDined on 8/16/2014It started out great, the owner came by and welcomed us! We were seated and waiter brought drinks and bread. Slowly came the salad. The salad was very good! After that we did not see the waiter for the next 2.5 hours. The only reason we waited this long was because our friends frequent this restaurant. They promised us that this must be due to restaurant week! I will not go back! This was our first time and it was obvious the waiter was a little out of sorts because we ordered the restaurant week menu. We tipped the waiter and walked down the street to the Bird! Service and food amazing!Special Features:
- Restaurant week jewel!FortWorthNewbieDined on 8/16/2014We we mt here for an early Saturday dinner during restaurant week - outstanding value - everything was great!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyExpensiveDined on 8/15/2014It was very expensive. The food wasn't great. Mashed potatoes tasted like out of the box. Scalloped potatoes were really bland. Steak was small and pricey. Mushrooms were good. Overall we didn't care for the food at all. A friend recommended this place. We were really disappointed.
- Excellent choice!PhilthieDined on 8/14/2014This place was fantastic. Wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Food was prepared to our liking and was perfect. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!foodiegaloreDined on 8/12/2014We dined here for the first time, and I was pleasantly surprised! The bar menu is unique (try the Texas Sipper!), and the food was great - especially dessert. My lamb chops were a touch salty, but everyone else's items were seasoned well, so it may have just been a one-off. Our server was very good, and I am glad that we tried something new during restaurant week. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Perfect celebrationFoodAllergiesDined on 8/12/2014Our waiter was wonderful. We had specific dietary needs, and we were assured that he knew how to communicate that to the kitchen. Our food eas prepared to our request, and the flavors were wonderful. Our evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/12/2014It was our first visit in a long time, and we enjoyed it very much. The "Restaurant Week" special dinners were very nice indeed with very generous portions! We will return before much longer.
- Great service!MeatEaterDined on 8/9/2014Courtney our server was great! Good was disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FwmianDined on 8/8/2014I took my son out for a celebratory dinner after he completed the bar exam. Dinner was perfect. Food, service, all wonderful. I had not been in the restaurant for a few years. This was son's first time at the restaurant. I know that both of us will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HillcpuntryhousegirlDined on 8/4/2014Our meal was beautifully presented and delicious. The restaurant was very quiet as it was a Tuesday evening. The atmosphere is dark and romantic with cozy booths and an old club feeling. I'm not sure how romantic it would be if it was crowded though,as the tables are all very, very close together. Service was friendly but slow which was puzzling as there were only 2 or 3 tables being served - as if the staff was a little too laid back since there was no crowd. Overall a very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 597 reviews are from the Mercury Chophouse reviews archive.
- A good experienceJbierschenkDined on 7/26/2014There was NO wait. The wait staff was outstanding and very friendly and attentive. The salads we had (chop salad and wedge salad) were superb. We both got the 8oz. Filet. For the price of 34.00, I expected some sides but none came with the steak - a la carte - although they did throw in a mound of mashed potatoes and they were delicious. For desert we had the creme brûlée. It was the best we have ever had. The ambience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANT!!CWebbDined on 7/19/2014Enjoy every time we are there and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.